PDA

View Full Version : Jan 23rd track day in Arroyo Seco

Vprbite
01-16-2016, 03:37 PM
So this is just a reminder that the invite is open to Arizona members.

Please understand, this is not a VOA event. This is a private club in Tucson of which I am a member has rented out the track, and I am inviting the Arizona club as guests.

It is at arroyo Seco raceway in Demming, NM. About a 5 hr drive from Phoenix.

Cost is 60 dollars. Yes, that's right, 60 bucks for an entire track day. Also, since it is a private rental by my club, we are the ones controlling the track. This is a good chance if to get out there if you are new to tracking and might feel intimidated by a large field of racers or by a bunch of people for whom the track is their second home. It won't be busy. Probably only about 20 cars total so it's also a good chance to be on a track that isn't crowded.

If you would like to go, just let me know. Nothing to do ahead of time. I will be staying at the holiday inn located in Demming, 17 miles from the track. I will go to the track on Friday, race Saturday, and may stay Saturday night, or I may not. I bet most likely I stay.

So if you want some pretty close and very cheap and very welcoming track time, let me know. We would love to have you out there.

Rocket
01-27-2016, 11:24 PM
Updates ..... pictures ..... videos?

Vprbite
01-28-2016, 12:53 AM
I ended up not going. I was in a ton of pain and it was 3 days before my surgery. Also a good friend of mine passed away suddenly on Thursday so timing wasn't great. I'm sure my friends took vids though. When they post them I will share them. Truthfully it isn't a bad track to have a track day at. It's only 60 bucks per person if we rent it out, hotels nearby are less than 100 bucks. And it's only a 5 hour drive and you have a track completely to ourselves.

If people express that they want track time, I would be glad to set it up. But since I didn't have any takers this time, I'd worry we couldn't get enough people. If members want track time, please let me know via PM or email and I will set up an event.