PDA

View Full Version : GenV Seat Lowering Kit

SmoknTires
12-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Does someone make them? I'm 6'4" and cat fit fine in the stock car, but head touches the roof slightly. With a helmet, it's gonna be rough.

On the T/A, they are not power seats. So do the 2" Northwind seat lowering kits from GenIV's work in this situation?

Brad00GTS
12-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Do they still pump lower like on the srt model?

SmoknTires
12-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Yes, I believe it's the exact same setup except the seats have a different cloth insert on the T/A.

Henry
12-22-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm not an expert on Gen V's but you might want to check the thread "Do you like the seats in the Gen V?" as it mentions removing 1" spacers under the seats...

By the way Orange rules!!

Bill Pemberton
12-23-2013, 11:14 AM
Super , super easy to do. No need for any after market parts or conversion kits.
Mark Jorgensen came up with this mod very, very early in the intro of the Gen V. He is off on vacation , but you could leave him a message at mjorgensen@woodhouse.com.

You have a PM on this .

SmoknTires
12-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Thanks Bill, but my understanding is that the spacers you're referring to in the PM have already been removed by Chrysler on all 2014 models. In talking with Ralph and gang, they mentioned that they did it to give people more head clearance and it was enacted on all 2014 models.

I'll still reach out to Mark, I appreciate the heads up. Even if the spacers are there, I need a good 2+ inches. Might still be worth bolting the seats to the floor like I did in my GenIV. I don't really have a need to move then forward or back.

Thanks

Bill Pemberton
12-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Had a few tall folks in 2014s , but check with Mark , but if removed would think you would have no issues -- as noted we have a 6'7" driver in a 2013 with spacers removed , so hopefully no issues
for you.

Voice of Reason
12-23-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm 6' 2" and after removing the 1" spacer it greatly improved forward visibility and my helmet fits fine without touching. Alex if your extra 2" is in your torso I could see you fitting ok for normal driving but a helmet would be cramped.

SmoknTires
12-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Yep, I'm good without a helmet, my hair just barely touches the roof, so I'm good without a helmet. With a helmet, definitely no luck. I reached out to Mark to see if he's verified the spacer possibilities on 2014 models. I also pinged a few of our SRT gang to see. I believe it was them who mentioned to me that they pulled the spacer on all 2014 models as a value add to make taller people more comfortable.

I think the car has plenty of space for tall people, just may become a problem for those racing.

Nambo
12-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Yep, I'm good without a helmet, my hair just barely touches the roof, so I'm good without a helmet. With a helmet, definitely no luck. I reached out to Mark to see if he's verified the spacer possibilities on 2014 models. I also pinged a few of our SRT gang to see. I believe it was them who mentioned to me that they pulled the spacer on all 2014 models as a value add to make taller people more comfortable.

I think the car has plenty of space for tall people, just may become a problem for those racing.

Has anyone been able to confirm that the spacers have been removed for the 2014's? I sure couldn't find any but that may be my own ineptitude....

ViperSmith
12-26-2013, 11:34 AM
SRT model doesn't have them afaik - they are in the electric seats

Voice of Reason
12-26-2013, 02:57 PM

My '13 had them with its manual seats. Maybe you were just referring to the '14s manual seats though?

Nambo
12-26-2013, 04:10 PM

I couldn't stand looking at the car in the garage any longer and since it made it to above 50 degrees here today took the TA for a spin. The ride is actually quite comfortable in the softer setting and I wouldn't have any problem driving this thing long distances. Something to think about Harold as you seem to like the orange!

ViperSmith
12-26-2013, 04:24 PM
My '13 had them with its manual seats. Maybe you were just referring to the '14s manual seats though?

Damn it now you'll make me go look again LOL

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't stand looking at the car in the garage any longer and since it made it to above 50 degrees here today took the TA for a spin. The ride is actually quite comfortable in the softer setting and I wouldn't have any problem driving this thing long distances. Something to think about Harold as you seem to like the orange!

Ha. If I wouldn't get crushed on a trade in, it would have happened already. I think I am going to send it to Prefix next year. I am pondering an orange satin finish!

2doorrocket
08-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Can you someone explain to me what these spacers look like I just don't want to remove the wrong thing.

Jack B
08-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Push the seat forward as far it goes, you cannot miss them.

Can you someone explain to me what these spacers look like I just don't want to remove the wrong thing.

ViperTony
08-23-2014, 01:21 PM
I removed them on mine a few minutes ago. Just lift the seat all the way up and forward. Reach under the rear with your hand and you'll feel them. Two are located in the back tracks. Mine were loose so they came off very easily.

Jack B
08-23-2014, 02:03 PM
That is because the car was free.

I removed them on mine a few minutes ago. Just lift the seat all the way up and forward. Reach under the rear with your hand and you'll feel them. Two are located in the back tracks. Mine were loose so they came off very easily.

ViperTony
08-23-2014, 03:31 PM
That is because the car was free.

LOL. No, I can say with 100% certainty the car was NOT free. :D But close enough. :t15150:

Steve-Indy
08-23-2014, 07:16 PM
One of our Members just modified the seat on a 2013 GTS...first, he removed the discussed stops and gained about an inch...then, he modified track/mounts and gained another inch plus...clever deal. He is having trouble posting...hopefully see more from him later. By the way, he is a very fit BIG dude (twice my size)...about 6'4-5") ...270-280 lbs. with a very tall body. Now, he and helmet almost fit.

2doorrocket
08-26-2014, 10:57 AM
I have no problem fitting in the car now. It's actually great. Best mod ever.

SmoknTires
09-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Talked to 2door above, unfortunately it was just the seat bolts he was referring to on his 2013, he removed them. The 14's don't ship with those in anyway, so my seat is already down as far as it can go.

Still hoping someone out there may be fabricating a set of brackets so we can at least bolt the seats to the floor and pick up an inch or so. Would be worth it for those of us who can't see the road at all because our heads touch the roof!

The issue isn't as much not fitting, I can fit, but I can't se out the front window because the roofliner comes down quite a bit on genV's and blocks vision. I can barely see the bottoms of the cars tires in front of me. Sitting for hours hunched over is tough. Also have clearance issue with helmet. Need more room.

mnc2886
09-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Talked to 2door above, unfortunately it was just the seat bolts he was referring to on his 2013, he removed them. The 14's don't ship with those in anyway, so my seat is already down as far as it can go.

Still hoping someone out there may be fabricating a set of brackets so we can at least bolt the seats to the floor and pick up an inch or so. Would be worth it for those of us who can't see the road at all because our heads touch the roof!

The issue isn't as much not fitting, I can fit, but I can't se out the front window because the roofliner comes down quite a bit on genV's and blocks vision. I can barely see the bottoms of the cars tires in front of me. Sitting for hours hunched over is tough. Also have clearance issue with helmet. Need more room.

SRT should really address this in 2015 models and maybe offer some sort of retro. Having sat and rode in a Gen V now I can verify the above statements and to be honest, I am certain this specific issue has lost a few sales. I'm 6' even and the roof line was low for me and a Gen IV had better visability. It is not a deal killer for me, but I'm a Viper fanatic.

firefighter196
09-03-2014, 12:04 AM
if you are looking for the 2" fixed lowering kit I have one I would sell. its from the gen 4, send me a message if interested thanks Paul beav44@hotmaill.com

SmoknTires
09-03-2014, 07:06 AM
Previous Gen kits don't work on the new cars.

Steve-Indy
09-03-2014, 07:47 AM
The solution that I referenced above added considerable head room on the powered-seat Gen V.

At this point, we can't really speculate concerning a manual seat Gen V as we have not seen the seat removed from the Viper. One can hope that a similar fix would help.

TexasTonka
08-30-2015, 11:36 PM
Does someone make them? I'm 6'4" and cat fit fine in the stock car, but head touches the roof slightly. With a helmet, it's gonna be rough.

On the T/A, they are not power seats. So do the 2" Northwind seat lowering kits from GenIV's work in this situation?

ever find your solution?

ironpeddler
08-31-2015, 08:09 AM

ACR Steve
08-31-2015, 08:40 AM
would love to know as well

SnakeOyl
08-31-2015, 09:19 AM
Our Gen V Seat Lowering kit is designed to be used with either the Power or Manual seat.

The Northwind Seat kits Will not work with the Gen V seat due the seat base and track redesign in 2013.

darbgnik
08-31-2015, 01:19 PM
Our Gen V Seat Lowering kit is designed to be used with either the Power or Manual seat.

The Northwind Seat kits Will not work with the Gen V seat due the seat base and track redesign in 2013.

Thanks for making this kit guys, it was a deal maker for me. Otherwise, I couldn't have bought the car.

ironpeddler
08-31-2015, 01:31 PM

How much head room does this free up?

docwviper
08-31-2015, 01:31 PM

Does it still allow you to move the seat forward and back? The wife wants to drive it but she is tiny compared to me. That's the only thing holding me back. Thanks for the help!

Mark1107
08-31-2015, 01:49 PM
Guys I had the seat lowering kit on my 14 base SRT with the manual nonpower seat. It made a huge difference in driveability and head clearance.

The seat cannot move after instal. It's all the way back. But the pedals can move forward quite a bit so even short people can use it.

Here's the test: push seat all the way back. Bring pedals all the way forward. If your wife can operate car, then the seat lowering kit will be fine for her.

It really gives great visual clearance not having the headliner block your vision, traffic lights etc.

I highly recommend it.

Now on my GTS with the power seats, it doesn't make as big of a difference since the power seats can go lower than the base SRT manual seats...I'm debating it but waiting to install it on my GTS..

Mark1107
08-31-2015, 01:51 PM
Manual seats it felt like 6-8 inches seriously! Power seats it feels like 2-4 inches..Is gained!

I highly recommend it. Snake Oyl is real deal.

docwviper
08-31-2015, 04:18 PM
Manual seats it felt like 6-8 inches seriously! Power seats it feels like 2-4 inches..Is gained!

Problem is with the seat all the way back and the pedals up the steering wheel and shifter are far away still. Steering wheel only goes up and down doesn't it? I don't think it telescopes out with the non powered version?

LmeaViper
08-31-2015, 07:41 PM

-----------------------------------------
Huh, I am just a smidge over 5'9" and I can't see how anyone taller than I am can drive in a GTS. I put my new CF helmet on and the roof acts like a freaking HANS system and that is with the seat all the way down. WTF was SRT / Dodge thinking when they made the seats...

On that note....anyone ever use the visor? I bet not. Thinking of taking mine off to save some weight.

To be honest it is one of the things that I dislike the most on this car.

darbgnik
08-31-2015, 07:44 PM
Problem is with the seat all the way back and the pedals up the steering wheel and shifter are far away still. Steering wheel only goes up and down doesn't it? I don't think it telescopes out with the non powered version?

It doesn't telescope out, but in the position it is, in the cabin, you'd have to have t-rex arms to not be able to reach it.

ACR Steve
09-01-2015, 03:56 PM
Is the new ACR seat manual?

docwviper
09-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Is the new ACR seat manual?

Good question. I assumed it was

ACR Steve
09-02-2015, 11:08 AM
anybody know?

ViperSmith
09-02-2015, 11:20 AM
i'd have a hard time imagining they'd put power seats in the std ACR, due to weight

ACR Steve
09-02-2015, 01:55 PM
I agree I just want to confirm so I know what seat lowering kit I want

darbgnik
09-02-2015, 01:59 PM
I agree I just want to confirm so I know what seat lowering kit I want

Same kit for both, I'm pretty sure....

steve911
09-02-2015, 10:06 PM
It is true ONE SIZE FITS ALL!

ACR Steve
09-03-2015, 09:22 AM
Ok cool thanks guys

qnitro
05-21-2016, 05:52 PM
Dude you are my hero.. I have a 2006 Coupe and my wife has a 2013 GTS. I hated driving hers at i really didnt fit.. Im 6'5" and thin waste.. I fir pretty good in mine, but couldnt fit in the 2013. I saw this post, went home and removed these pegs and OMG its better than my ZR1.. There is TONS of room for me.. THANKS!!!!

Bruce H.
05-21-2016, 10:04 PM
The website states up to 2" lower for 2013-2015's. Should I take that to mean 2" for the 2013 because of the 1" spacer that would also be removed, and 1" lover for a 2014 that doesn't have that spacer?

http://www.viperpartsusa.com/catFrame.php?prodCat=13D