PDA

View Full Version : Car Shows 2016

golfer15
01-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Hi All,

Where are all our cars hiding? I've been in Palm Harbor for 2 weeks already, logged a few miles between Leesburg and Treasure Island, and have seen 1 red Gen II. I've seen lots of Vettes (wow!! they are a dime a dozen here), and even 2 Ferraris. With that being said, what upcoming car shows are worth attending? (I know of a big one in Celebration sometime in April) I'm going to be here till the end of April.

Thanks,

John

ViperRT98
01-08-2016, 08:00 AM
There is the exotic car show on Sarasota on February 20th I believe.. Wiregrass car show in April (Tampa). Lake Mary car show in October (Lakeland)... Disney Dream show In September (Kissimmee)...

This is the problem... I have been to two car show with my Viper. my very first show was at the wiregrass show and the second show I did was in December and Lutz.. The Wiregrass Show I really didn't expect anyone to show up, the weather was horrible. however David from Orlando drove all the way over here for the show. We were the only two Vipers there....

In the Lutz car show I had tried to get a group of us together unfortunately due to the holiday season only one person was able to show up. This is the problem with our car shows....

I was asked at the most recent car show if my car was an import or domestic. The biggest car show group is called premier car shows. Unfortunately this show Favors Corvettes over Vipers. Matter of fact sometimes at these car shows our cars don't really even get looked at... So if you're going to a car show to try to win a trophy it is very difficult to win, and also some of them are quite boring... If you're trying to go to a car show to share your car with others there's a handful that are worth going to.... I like to share my car with spectators, people that want to know more about the car not other Corvette, Mustang or Camaro owners that want to bash the Viper....

As far as where we are hiding most people prefer to go to Cars and Coffee thing... That's where most of the Vipers are... however we do things as a group every once in awhile... February I'm trying to get everyone together for go kart racing... this is indoors And They're really fast... maybe that would be a good time for you to come out and meet us all..

98intrigue
01-08-2016, 08:35 AM
Are you living in Palm Harbor? I live just a few minutes away by Countryside Mall. In Oldsmar, there's another Orange TA and a '97 red GTS. In Dunedin, there's a 2015 Yorange. In Westchase, there's a silver '03 Paxton. In Spring Hill, there's a 2014 Graphite. In East Lake, there's a 2015 Stryker Orange. Those are just people I know off the top of my head local to Palm Harbor.

Reeve's Import Motorcars hosts a Cars & Coffee every 1st Saturday from 7-9am. There's Dupont Cars & Coffee every 3rd Saturday of the month from 7-9am (I'll be there next Saturday). Every 2nd Sunday of the month, there's Exotic Brunch at World of Beer in Brandon (I'll be there this Sunday).

golfer15
01-08-2016, 03:57 PM
There is the exotic car show on Sarasota on February 20th I believe.. Wiregrass car show in April (Tampa). Lake Mary car show in October (Lakeland)... Disney Dream show In September (Kissimmee)...

This is the problem... I have been to two car show with my Viper. my very first show was at the wiregrass show and the second show I did was in December and Lutz.. The Wiregrass Show I really didn't expect anyone to show up, the weather was horrible. however David from Orlando drove all the way over here for the show. We were the only two Vipers there....

In the Lutz car show I had tried to get a group of us together unfortunately due to the holiday season only one person was able to show up. This is the problem with our car shows....

I was asked at the most recent car show if my car was an import or domestic. The biggest car show group is called premier car shows. Unfortunately this show Favors Corvettes over Vipers. Matter of fact sometimes at these car shows our cars don't really even get looked at... So if you're going to a car show to try to win a trophy it is very difficult to win, and also some of them are quite boring... If you're trying to go to a car show to share your car with others there's a handful that are worth going to.... I like to share my car with spectators, people that want to know more about the car not other Corvette, Mustang or Camaro owners that want to bash the Viper....

As far as where we are hiding most people prefer to go to Cars and Coffee thing... That's where most of the Vipers are... however we do things as a group every once in awhile... February I'm trying to get everyone together for go kart racing... this is indoors And They're really fast... maybe that would be a good time for you to come out and meet us all..

Thanks for the info I just might check out Sarasota. Unfortunately my baby is back home hibernating till May, so I would just be spectating. I saw the kart racing in the calendar, and I might attend, but it hinges on when our company is coming to visit.

golfer15
01-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Are you living in Palm Harbor? I live just a few minutes away by Countryside Mall. In Oldsmar, there's another Orange TA and a '97 red GTS. In Dunedin, there's a 2015 Yorange. In Westchase, there's a silver '03 Paxton. In Spring Hill, there's a 2014 Graphite. In East Lake, there's a 2015 Stryker Orange. Those are just people I know off the top of my head local to Palm Harbor.

Reeve's Import Motorcars hosts a Cars & Coffee every 1st Saturday from 7-9am. There's Dupont Cars & Coffee every 3rd Saturday of the month from 7-9am (I'll be there next Saturday). Every 2nd Sunday of the month, there's Exotic Brunch at World of Beer in Brandon (I'll be there this Sunday).

We are renting till the end of April, and are just minutes away in the Curlew/Countryside area. The red Gen II I saw was on East Lake, in the Lansbrook/Cyprus Woods area.
Cars and Coffee sounds good, just have to get my retired butt out of bed that early. Thanks a bunch!!

golfer15
01-17-2016, 07:42 AM
We went to the Dupont car show in St.Petes yesterday, and there was a silver w/black stripes Gen IV. Are they a VOA member? I loved the exhaust sound, and would like to know what he had.

98intrigue
01-17-2016, 11:16 AM
We went to the Dupont car show in St.Petes yesterday, and there was a silver w/black stripes Gen IV. Are they a VOA member? I loved the exhaust sound, and would like to know what he had.

I've met him a few times and believe he has a full Belanger setup. I don't believe he is a member here though.

ViperPete
01-17-2016, 04:34 PM
Wanna go fast event this coming Saturday and sunday in Ocala FL.

You'll see a bunch of Vipers there (mine included) and a lot of other fast cars!

J TNT
01-17-2016, 04:43 PM
If you're in Ocala Golfer , stop into the "Don Garlits museum " Highly recommend it for car guys ! ;)
Silver Springs State park is also close by with glass bottom boats . They filmed Tarzan there in the 30's with Johnny Weissmuller . And Live and Let Die (James Bond) :cool:

golfer15
01-18-2016, 08:13 AM
If you're in Ocala Golfer , stop into the "Don Garlits museum " Highly recommend it for car guys ! ;)
Silver Springs State park is also close by with glass bottom boats . They filmed Tarzan there in the 30's with Johnny Weissmuller . And Live and Let Die (James Bond) :cool:

Thanks Jay for the tip. Hope to visit Ocala area first week of Feb. so it might be in the cards.

XSnake
01-18-2016, 08:49 AM
The Celebration show in April is an excellent event. I'm on the BOD for the event and run the track portion of it. I will start a thread when registration opens up for it. We have a meeting scheduled on 1/26. There are usually about 10 Vipers in attendance, we should be able to up that this year hopefully.

golfer15
01-20-2016, 08:14 AM
The Celebration show in April is an excellent event. I'm on the BOD for the event and run the track portion of it. I will start a thread when registration opens up for it. We have a meeting scheduled on 1/26. There are usually about 10 Vipers in attendance, we should be able to up that this year hopefully.

Thanks!! This one is on my radar.

cpinfdp
01-20-2016, 12:38 PM
Wanna go fast event this coming Saturday and sunday in Ocala FL.

You'll see a bunch of Vipers there (mine included) and a lot of other fast cars!

Hey Pete, you or any of the other guys in the area in the shootout? I want to make it up, maybe I can convince my brother to join me.

98intrigue
01-20-2016, 12:52 PM
Hey Pete, you or any of the other guys in the area in the shootout? I want to make it up, maybe I can convince my brother to join me.

I was signed up for Sunday, but had to back out. I'll be spectating on Saturday.

ViperRT98
01-20-2016, 06:47 PM
Many of us are going Sunday... I don't know anyone that is racing Saturday, I know there are some but I don't know any of them personally... Bart, David and Pete are running their Vipers on Sunday. I am not racing mine but I will be their on Sunday as well....

Saturday will be in the upper 40's for the high... Sunday will not be much better but will be in the mid 50's...

I believe we all may be going out for lunch not totally sure... Speaking of that what are we doing for lunch guys???