PDA

View Full Version : Ohlins Suspension

dmann
01-07-2016, 09:50 AM
Anyone used Ohlins suspension on their track cars?

fuggles
01-07-2016, 02:12 PM
I know of one guy in my region who has ohlins on his gen4 acr. I believe he told me they came with the car when he bought it.
Do you have a set or are you looking to get a set?
From what I've seen Moton's are more popular (for whatever reason).

dmann
01-07-2016, 02:57 PM
I have used them in another motorsport and at one time was a dealer and certified to work on them.
I'm really just curious. I wonder how the ACR setups compare to them.

I ask this because hopefully I'll be in another G5 this year and looking at the TA 2.0 and maybe the ACR.

mjorgensen
01-07-2016, 03:24 PM
We have done 3 G5 ACR's now with the MCS and have 2 in the works with the 3 way MCS. I think they work great, but the stock G5 ACR shocks are very good to begin with not so much like the G4 cars. All IMHO though.

dmann
01-07-2016, 03:33 PM
We have done 3 G5 ACR's now with the MCS and have 2 in the works with the 3 way MCS. I think they work great, but the stock G5 ACR shocks are very good to begin with not so much like the G4 cars. All IMHO though.

They are out of Alpharetta Ga. which is close to me. That's a good looking setup. Looks like the bladders can be mounted anywhere or at least within the length of the line.

How often do the fluids need to be placed?

GTSilver
01-07-2016, 03:57 PM
I've tried ohlins but on porsche only, gt2 and gt3rs. It was the best thing i ever did to the cars and will be my first choice if i decide to upgrade my suspension.

Toddy at Bad Boyz garage has an ohlins kit of the viper but never heard any feedback, also heard good things about the MCS from Woodhouse and the Tractive suspension from Viper exchange. Although i may be biased towards ohlins but i figure go with something tested and tried on the platform and have vendor support.

dmann
01-07-2016, 08:45 PM
I've tried ohlins but on porsche only, gt2 and gt3rs. It was the best thing i ever did to the cars and will be my first choice if i decide to upgrade my suspension.

Toddy at Bad Boyz garage has an ohlins kit of the viper but never heard any feedback, also heard good things about the MCS from Woodhouse and the Tractive suspension from Viper exchange. Although i may be biased towards ohlins but i figure go with something tested and tried on the platform and have vendor support.

Good report GTSilver.
I was really into suspension before and getting the valving correct was important. I have a feeling its not as important in auto racing. The bleed ports(clickers) probably offer a wider range of dampening.