PDA

View Full Version : Lots of talk about the new corvette here...

slitherv10
12-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Is it just me...I see a few new threads in "my new ride" and the " the new Vette hits 200MPH" and a few others...hmmm...is that a good thing...

Space Truckin
12-21-2013, 06:26 PM
If SRT/ Ralph are paying attention.

99RT10
12-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Remember that that Vette was heavily modified by HMS. To compare it to the Viper is not realistic.It had a shot of NOS, :eek:

Taylor
12-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Corvettes are great automobiles, nothing to take away from them, and the number one challenger to the viper,

But at the end of the day, they are no viper, that's for sure!

slitherv10
12-21-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm just saying , for a base model it sure is getting a lot of attention. What will happen when the ZO6 or even the ZR1 get introduced...YIKES !!

Taylor
12-21-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm just saying , for a base model it sure is getting a lot of attention. What will happen when the ZO6 or even the ZR1 get introduced...YIKES !!

I definitely see what your talking about, but they are everywhere, at the end of the day I wanna be different.

sparkrn
12-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Corvettes are a fine automobile, but why someone wants to be so proud of it on a viper forum is confusing to me. I seen in his avatar a pic of his viper, would love to hear all about that though!

J TNT
12-21-2013, 07:07 PM
I Like the Viper , because it "Only Comes in Mens ! ".......lol ! :devilish::drive:

Troublemaker
12-21-2013, 07:08 PM
If SRT/ Ralph are paying attention.

True words.

St.Char
12-21-2013, 07:53 PM
It makes no different what vehicle I'm driving, I can never get by a C7....just can't get passed it's fugly butt :p0257:

Sybil TF
12-22-2013, 11:19 AM
It makes no different what vehicle I'm driving, I can never get by a C7....just can't get passed it's fugly butt :p0257:

I totally agree!!

Sybil TF
12-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Corvettes are a fine automobile, but why someone wants to be so proud of it on a viper forum is confusing to me.

Does this help?:rolleyes:

JonSav
12-22-2013, 11:25 AM
The competition from corvette is a good thing, the viper wouldn't be the car it is today without them

cashcorn
12-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Who Cares! This is a Viper forum..

Policy Limits
12-22-2013, 02:22 PM
I definitely see what your talking about, but they are everywhere, at the end of the day I wanna be different.

Amen to that brother.

FLATOUT
12-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Came up on one today while I was in my 600rwhp ACR :D. He wasn't interested in defending his new cars honor ;)

MtnBiker
12-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Is the new Vette still running leaf spring suspension?

ViperSmith
12-22-2013, 06:57 PM
for $50,000 the new vet is a complete steal for what it offers. But, it will be run over on road courses by the Viper.

The Z06 will be a formidable opponent.

Anonymous
12-22-2013, 07:35 PM
Just came home frome taking the family to Time Square NYC, in the middle of all the signs are two not one but two new corvette billboards ,didn't see any viper billboards ,just sayin that's hard to compete with.

ViperSmith
12-22-2013, 07:41 PM
Just came home frome taking the family to Time Square NYC, in the middle of all the signs are two not one but two new corvette billboards ,didn't see any viper billboards ,just sayin that's hard to compete with.

Well, when Chevy will sell more corvettes this year than Vipers ever built - advertising budgets are a bit different lol

Policy Limits
12-22-2013, 07:47 PM
for $50,000 the new vet is a complete steal for what it offers. But, it will be run over on road courses by the Viper.

50k today and only 30k in 20 months...now THAT'S a deal!

Anonymous
12-22-2013, 08:16 PM
That's so true,Policy

slitherv10
12-22-2013, 09:09 PM

Not a fair comparison under the fact. The New Vette is the base model worth half of what the Viper is worth. Not comparing apples to apples here. Put the ZO6 and or ZR1 if and when it comes out and then lets see the facts. Corvette placed 1st 2nd at the last race where SRT placed 8th. That's the 2013 vette. I wouldn't say the Base Vette would be run over.
You have to remember that you have 40K in extra money to make it fly. Just sayin. I still would not opt out of my Viper for it. Although I would over the new Viper. Not my Gen 2 or gen 4. Not yet anyways.

NVMike
12-24-2013, 02:46 PM
I think the new vette is nice, but the viper has always been my dream car...besides I see at least a dozen vettes on the road any given day, its rare to see another viper on the road.

Viktimize
12-24-2013, 07:27 PM
I think the new vette is nice, but the viper has always been my dream car...besides I see at least a dozen vettes on the road any given day, its rare to see another viper on the road.

I love the C6 vette, but more to have as a second summer car and just use it as a track rat. The Viper is a car you can feel proud to be seen in, it looks right in it's place parked next to exotic cars.

johniew398
12-24-2013, 10:16 PM
The new C7's are a good deal and I loved the six I had over the years; but here's my history:

1985 - 2012 Vettes including a ZR1
2008- present - Viper ACR

Having switched over to a Viper I doubt I will ever own a Vette again.

Space Truckin
12-24-2013, 10:25 PM
The new C7's are a good deal and I loved the six I had over the years; but here's my history:

Once bitten by a Viper, nuff said

dadstoy
12-28-2013, 06:50 PM
I love the new Corvette and will buy another one in 2-3 years.

When I bought my C6, I still wanted a Viper.

Now that I have a Viper, I do want another Corvette.

Much nicer ride but like said above, you see Corvettes all over the place and rarely see a Viper.

I love both and to me they do feed off each other to get better all the time.

ViperSmith
12-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Stopped by the chevy dealer today and sat in a C7.

Much better than than the C6, but IMHO comes no where close to the Gen V.

Cabin much more spacious than the Gen V, much easier to get into.

Troublemaker
12-28-2013, 07:53 PM

I will be a long time before I ever give GM another penny of my money, and that's from a guy raised around Vettes and never ending GM products. I am not fond of the direction the corporation has taken as a whole.

I hate to admit it, but from a distance on the highway I have mistaken a Gen3 for a Vette.

slitherv10
12-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Stopped by the chevy dealer today and sat in a C7.

Much better than than the C6, but IMHO comes no where close to the Gen V.

Cabin much more spacious than the Gen V, much easier to get into.

But then again the new Vette was not meant to compete against the Gen 5. Even though it is making a dent somewhat. Its the aftermath that we need to worry about. Can you say ZO6 or even ZR1 ? Yikes !!

dadstoy
12-29-2013, 01:21 PM
don't care if the new ZR1 is faster or slower than the Gen5 Viper. they are both amazing cars.

The Viper is more of a head turner due to the low volume.

the new vette is a hit right now, 2-4 years from now when there are 200,000 on the road, they will blend in with all of the other 1.6million plus vettes.

slitherv10
12-29-2013, 08:29 PM
don't care if the new ZR1 is faster or slower than the Gen5 Viper. they are both amazing cars.

The Viper is more of a head turner due to the low volume.

the new vette is a hit right now, 2-4 years from now when there are 200,000 on the road, they will blend in with all of the other 1.6million plus vettes.

Totally agree with you,but, I in 3-4 years when this base model becomes boring, Chevy is gearing up the ZO6 and ZR1 models which will bring new light to them once again. Hopefully the Viper ( for the first time in many years) will keep up with them and continue to compete. If it does not, I don't think anyone will care about owning a low volume production car that becomes just another road car. Remember, the Viper brand does not have the years behind it that Chevy or Ford has to keep its loyal customers coming back no matter what. If they don't compete, they won't sell. Thus the pre-empt version with the Gen 5. This should be a wake up call for SRT. It's obvious the Viper brand is all about Power and Performance. Otherwise if it was all about power, performance and amenities, it should have sold out by now. No excuses.

Detroit Muscle
02-26-2014, 09:02 PM
I feel they are both excellent supercars, but the Viper is in a class of it's own.

Policy Limits
02-26-2014, 09:08 PM
Hope the 15 Z06 doesn't have the ignition switch that GM puts in its other vehicles that were recalled.

Late Apex
02-28-2014, 04:01 PM
It will really be interesting to see all the post later this year when the new 2015 ZO6/7 hits the roads and tracks....

randd
03-01-2014, 09:47 AM
Lots of talk about the new corvette here...

Would lose interest in the forum if it was just about the viper and nothing else. I am sportcar enthusiast with a viper preference, but not a viper fanatic. Less inbreeding when forums invite opinions for other marks. All the forums are the same...always those that will take any opportunity to take a cheap shot at the vette and same on the vette forums for vipers.

IndyRon
03-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Anyone notice what is happening to resale values of ZR1's now? For the last 2-3 years they were holding steady with a low end of 80k. Now, you can find them from time to time in the 60's with low miles! Thats painful for a car that isn't more than 2-3 years old and was 120k new and loaded.

Late Apex
03-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Would lose interest in the forum if it was just about the viper and nothing else. I am sportcar enthusiast with a viper preference, but not a viper fanatic. Less inbreeding when forums invite opinions for other marks. All the forums are the same...always those that will take any opportunity to take a cheap shot at the vette and same on the vette forums for vipers. VERY WELL said and spot on with all mentioned here. Best reply yet (not ye, oops)

Martyb
03-01-2014, 02:35 PM
I am a Viper guy no doubt, but I drove a base C7 and for the money it's a bargain. The one thing that kills the C7 buzz is you will see them on every corner in 6 months. One of the things most appealing about my 01 GTS is you hardly ever see them, and the Gen 2 GTS is to me about the most bad ass looking car on the road today. Many are faster, but few look so good.

Back to my cocktails, that is all :).

slitherv10
03-01-2014, 02:57 PM
I am a Viper guy no doubt, but I drove a base C7 and for the money it's a bargain. The one thing that kills the C7 buzz is you will see them on every corner in 6 months. One of the things most appealing about my 01 GTS is you hardly ever see them, and the Gen 2 GTS is to me about the most bad ass looking car on the road today. Many are faster, but few look so good.

Back to my cocktails, that is all :).

Ahmen

ViperSmith
03-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Do not like the base C7

The Z06 with auto raises my eyebrow

slitherv10
03-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Do not like the base C7

The Z06 with auto raises my eyebrow

When I saw it live at the Toronto Auto Show, I have to say, I was blown away. It was grey in color and looked absolutely mean as hell !

Would I consider one. Most definitely.

I would need to test drive one though.:D

FLATOUT
03-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Put a couple bus lengths on a C7 in my GT today leaving cars and coffee. I mean that thing had nothing for me. And there were already a bunch of them in attendance the newness has already worn off lol.

Sybil TF
03-01-2014, 09:11 PM

Back to my cocktails, that is all :).Right on Marty, yes back to cocktails.

J TNT
03-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Too funny ! :)
Put a couple bus lengths on a C7 in my GT today leaving cars and coffee. I mean that thing had nothing for me. And there were already a bunch of them in attendance the newness has already worn off lol.

Viktimize
03-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Hope the 15 Z06 doesn't have the ignition switch that GM puts in its other vehicles that were recalled.

I would guess the new Vette would at least be on par ignition wise with a new pick up truck, and not sporting the same set up as an old Cobalt.

EdwardETraylorIII
03-03-2014, 09:23 AM
To say the new Z06/7 isn't awesome is to lie to yourself.

I'll certainly own one when they are released (in addition to my Gen V)! Unfortunately there won't be much modding one can do on the C7Z without starting ALL over. That will be a car to buy and keep for the ages (and be satisfied with it's OEM performance).

CaptainDavid
03-05-2014, 01:28 PM
I love both and to me they do feed off each other to get better all the time.

The best thing that ever happened to Corvette was the Viper !! The best thing that ever happened to Viper was the Vette !!

FLATOUT
03-05-2014, 01:45 PM
The best thing that ever happened to Corvette was the Viper !! The best thing that ever happened to Viper was the Vette !!

Absolutely.

TitleMine
03-05-2014, 02:46 PM
My husband is a Vette guy, and his love for that car is really what got me into cars to start with, with a little help from Top Gear (UK). I think the Vette helps urge the Viper to grow and evolve without ever really competing with it, because the Vette has always been both better and worse than the Viper in different areas. The Vette is an American 911, it's fast and drives well and is easy to see out of and has heated seats and cup holders and can go over speed bumps, but you'll see three of them on your way to work and they'll vanish in the parking lot. The Viper is the American 458. If you want to drive while eating a burger, or go anywhere without being talked to/getting pictures taken, or pick up lumber from Home Depot, take something else.

I like his Corvette. There's a huge list of things it does better than the Viper. But I don't love it. I even went to test drive a 2008 Z06 thinking I'd get one of those. It was fast and beautiful and tightly made, but even with TCS off and 500HP and a much faster 0-60 time than my current Viper, somehow, it wasn't really that exciting. It felt too utilitarian, too common, too practical. I didn't love it.

I looooooove my ACR.

GBS
03-05-2014, 03:24 PM
I've had Vipers, Vettes and well as other sports cars and I still do. I love them all. Each has good and bad points. I never worry about one being better than the other. I enjoy them all and I really don't have a favorite. If I had lots of more money and more garage space I would lots more Vipers, Vettes as well as other sports cars.

KRATEDISEASE
03-06-2014, 07:24 PM
Corvettes are great cars.

Vipers are great exotic sports cars for the discriminating owner who wants the ultimate American performance car.

Harley Davidson is the only motorbike a real man would ride.

Real Men Don't Eat Quiche, except for me, I like cheese quiche.

Mamba52
03-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Came up on one today while I was in my 600rwhp ACR :D. He wasn't interested in defending his new cars honor ;)

Mine already has ARH headers and very soon a ProChager. She will have over 600 RWHP. Work being done at Vengeance Racing. Will see how she does at the wanna go fast events.

Mamba52
03-06-2014, 09:47 PM
3659Here is a pic of mine. Paid $73k great deal and one hell of a car. And still get to keep my 04 Mamba.

99RT10
03-06-2014, 09:54 PM
3659Here is a pic of mine. Paid $73k great deal and one hell of a car. And still get to keep my 04 Mamba.

Beautiful car. I will probably get one in the future. Best looking corvette in a while.