PDA

View Full Version : Nasa this weekend???? Jan 9th and 10th..

Arizona Vipers
01-06-2016, 12:15 AM
Hey anyone going to be at East Track this weekend? I'll be there with my 97 GTS. I keep doing all these events and I'm the only Viper out there... Kinda sad for living in the 4th largest city in the entire USA.
I'm the only Viper out of 5 million people that want to go? LOL WTF. I've done probably 15 events in the last year or so and have seen only 2 other Vipers out on the track..... If you have never done a track even before, come out I guarantee you, you will have blast and wonder what you have been waiting for!

Rocket
01-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Looks like a well run organization here in AZ. And while it looks relatively safe, not sure if I'm ready to put my Viper on the track with all of the other traffic. Loved this quote from an instructor when I was with my son who is knee deep with a spec miata, "Nothing you do on the track will increase the value of your car - and you have a good chance to significantly decrease the value ....."

Here is the link to their website for those that would like to learn more.

http://www.nasaaz.com/

Martyb
01-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Let me know what time you will be there, I'll head over with my car just to spectate!

Vprbite
01-06-2016, 11:47 AM
I've done some not laps with instructors that I found enjoyable and helpful. Also, many of our insurance policies will cover you on the track if you are with an instructor, it is classified as HPDE and IS NOT TIMED.

I understand the concern about hurting your car. But depending on your class, it isn't bumper to bumper paint trading racing. Other beginners will give you some space too. Also, that track has a lot of open space as I recall if you go off the track.

Arizona Vipers
01-06-2016, 04:22 PM
Let me know what time you will be there, I'll head over with my car just to spectate!

Cool! I'll be there all day Saturday and Sunday... Looks like a chance of rain on both days. :(

Arizona Vipers
01-06-2016, 04:27 PM
Looks like a well run organization here in AZ. And while it looks relatively safe, not sure if I'm ready to put my Viper on the track with all of the other traffic.

Here

Just cover the front bumper with race tape to avoid rock chips etc. Otherwise I dont see how you could damage your car in the beginners group or even DE2 or DE3.
In a year of racing with various groups I've seen 3 cars get damaged, and all were in race group. Anyway you should stop by with the Viper!

Martyb
01-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Cool! I'll be there all day Saturday and Sunday... Looks like a chance of rain on both days. :(

I hope the rain is done by then, I'll for sure be out probably on Saturday.

Arizona Vipers
01-06-2016, 10:18 PM
I hope the rain is done by then, I'll for sure be out probably on Saturday.

Hey if there's rain, just look forward to watching me spin my car all over the track! LOL I'm running Hoosiers so it wont be pretty!

Arizona Vipers
01-13-2016, 10:33 PM

Hey dude, nice to meet you. We didn't chat for very long. Somebody wouldn't stop talking to me when you came by. lol I was the dude with the shaved head...