PDA

View Full Version : Finally Joined VOA

Nemesis
01-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Morning all, looking forward to meeting more AZ/Valley Viper owners.

Torquemonster06
01-03-2016, 02:30 PM
Welcome to the VOA.

Nemesis
01-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Torque, you live in Vancouver? I'm originally a Washingtonian.

Torquemonster06
01-03-2016, 05:56 PM
Im down in Keizer Oregon. We've rolled with the Washington group a few times. Great people.

daytonprowler
01-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Welcome!

LeadfootRT10
01-03-2016, 07:32 PM
'Bout damn time!

Vprbite
01-03-2016, 07:35 PM
His cars weren't nice enough. We only now decided to let him in. ; )

Glad to see you aboard. As clubs go we are pretty active so there is no shortage of fun stuff to do.

Brian GTS
01-03-2016, 10:45 PM
Welcome, glad to have you aboard!

Nemesis
01-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Ah my cars suck, but I like to have fun.

Nemesis
01-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Why is it that there aren't many AZ Viper trackers?

Vprbite
01-04-2016, 10:54 AM

You asked a mouthful. I Don't Know. My private car club here in Tucson has Arroyo Secco in Demming NM rented out all day on Jan 23. I invited the Arizona Viper club and NO ONE wanted to go. Even though we have the club completely rented out to ourselves and the cost is between and 60 and 100 dollars per person for basically all the track time you can handle for the day with hotels 20 minutes away or camping at the track. The club will be completely ours (by ours I mean my private club in Tucson but I invited the Arizona club as my guests if they wanted to come) which means I don't think there will be more than 20 cars attending. Which also makes it good for track novices because they don't have to feel intimidated by hardcore track monsters. We can divide the groups literally however we want or. It at all. It is our track for the day. Sometimes we just do time attack so the track is basically empty for your run. I put the invite out there some time ago and even mentioned it at the Christmas party but I got no takers. I guess it coincides with one of the weekends of barret jackson but I feel like if you've seen one of those auctions you have seen em all. I used to have to go for work so I could take it or leave it.

Bottom line, your guess is as good as mine. But 60 to 100 dollars for 8 hours of open track time is about as good as you are ever gonna find it.

Nemesis
01-05-2016, 10:24 PM
That is a great deal and if I could make it, I would. I run Inde at least once a month if not more, that's the only reason I own Vipers. That is the environment where they are at their full potential. Hope to catch up with you either on a run or at the track.

You asked a mouthful. I Don't Know. My private car club here in Tucson has Arroyo Secco in Demming NM rented out all day on Jan 23. I invited the Arizona Viper club and NO ONE wanted to go. Even though we have the club completely rented out to ourselves and the cost is between and 60 and 100 dollars per person for basically all the track time you can handle for the day with hotels 20 minutes away or camping at the track. The club will be completely ours (by ours I mean my private club in Tucson but I invited the Arizona club as my guests if they wanted to come) which means I don't think there will be more than 20 cars attending. Which also makes it good for track novices because they don't have to feel intimidated by hardcore track monsters. We can divide the groups literally however we want or. It at all. It is our track for the day. Sometimes we just do time attack so the track is basically empty for your run. I put the invite out there some time ago and even mentioned it at the Christmas party but I got no takers. I guess it coincides with one of the weekends of barret jackson but I feel like if you've seen one of those auctions you have seen em all. I used to have to go for work so I could take it or leave it.

Bottom line, your guess is as good as mine. But 60 to 100 dollars for 8 hours of open track time is about as good as you are ever gonna find it.

Arizona Vipers
01-06-2016, 12:04 AM

Agreed :(
Where are they? Phoenix is the 4th largest city in the country..........

Arizona Vipers
01-06-2016, 12:07 AM

Man, that's very depressing and sad... Is the 23rd option still open? I'd go for sure.. Just need to know about it in advance! I'll do any event within 500 miles with a 2-3 week notice!

Arizona Vipers
01-06-2016, 12:08 AM
Hey Nem, you should hit up Nasa this weekend at east track at Firebird (Wild Horse Pass).. We can shred out there! I'll be there Saturday and Sunday with my Gen 2.....

Vprbite
01-06-2016, 12:56 AM
Man, that's very depressing and sad... Is the 23rd option still open? I'd go for sure.. Just need to know about it in advance! I'll do any event within 500 miles with a 2-3 week notice!

Yes it is. IT IS NOT A VIPER CLUB EVENT. It is something my private club here in Tucson does. I just invited the Arizona group as my guests. We have the track basically from 9 am to sundown on the 23rd. PM me for more details. There is a holiday inn express about 20 min from the track where most people will be staying. Though the crowd isn't that big. I don't know if we will have more than 20 vehicles or so right now. PM me if interested.

Thanks.

Nemesis
01-06-2016, 09:56 PM
I'm unavailable Saturday and part of Sunday. I may try and cruise down Sunday afternoon and see what's happening

Hey Nem, you should hit up Nasa this weekend at east track at Firebird (Wild Horse Pass).. We can shred out there! I'll be there Saturday and Sunday with my Gen 2.....

Nemesis
01-11-2016, 11:11 PM
How does one keep in touch with what is going on locally with the VOA Chapter?

Vprbite
01-12-2016, 12:28 AM
There is an Arizona VOA facebook page that Leadfoot runs. You can PM him for the link. Or you can probably find it. I don't think it's open to anyone though. Just members. Also we send out emails. People post on here too.

As the new social director I am meeting with our president this week to nail down some events.

We usually have one official event per month, with the middle of the summer months just being get togethers that aren't as car centric because it is so hot. But we will have events going on through all the months with of course NVE being the big event in May.

Though here and the facebook page are good place for members to put together non-official club events and cruises. Especially last minute. Just this week a new member asked if people wanted to meet him for a cruise and lunch kind of thing and a small group of people went. So you can always do that. If you are planning on going to cars and coffee, let others know. That will probably get a group of people wanting to go.