PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Edmonton have borla/mopar exhaust installed on a gen3?

viper04blk
01-02-2016, 12:32 AM
I recently purchased an 04. I am looking for someone with borla/mopar. I wouldnt mind hearing what the drone sounds like before I consider purchasing it.

I also wouldnt mind someone showing me the correct procedure for putting the softtop down. I bought the car late in the summer...and the last owner forgot to show me how to do it. I dont want to damage anything.

Redx
01-02-2016, 12:26 PM
Would you consider the gen iv stock exhaust upgrade? Get rid of that x pipe, I have one I could let go.

supersnake
01-02-2016, 02:33 PM
I put corsa exhaust on mine as the Borla/Mopar had way to much drone and also too loud for me. The Corsa takes the drone out.
I recently purchased an 04. I am looking for someone with borla/mopar. I wouldnt mind hearing what the drone sounds like before I consider purchasing it.

I also wouldnt mind someone showing me the correct procedure for putting the softtop down. I bought the car late in the summer...and the last owner forgot to show me how to do it. I dont want to damage anything.

n49
01-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Corsa here as well.

Turk
01-03-2016, 12:59 PM
viper04blk for the soft top it's pretty straight forward.
1. Pop the trunk open
2. Lower the windows a couple inches
3. un-latch the hook on the top
4. lower it into place
5. If you have the boot make sure you use it. Otherwise your top will get a line in it, that you can't get out.

Watch this video I found on youtube regarding the boot

https://youtu.be/sKyyziT2XBs

viper04blk
01-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Turk:

The latch is the part that is bugging me. I open the latch, and it seems as though, i need to hold the hook with my fingers to make it clear the windshield assembly. And then the hook is hitting the back of the seats as it folds away. Perhaps I just need to look at another to determine if my latch is in need of replacement or if it is operator error.

Redx

My goal is to remove the xpipe.... i am sending you a PM right now.

viper04blk
01-03-2016, 07:32 PM
BTW, i dont have that boot...and I have a trunk line on my top already

supersnake
01-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Unlatch at the windshield and pull it away from the windshield, Then close the latch on the top and it pulls it back in out of the way when it is in the down position.

viper04blk
01-10-2016, 04:03 PM
I bought the exhaust from a 2008. So that will allow me to remove the x-pipe.

I checked out another members latch, I am going to see how mine compares tonight.

RTTTTed
01-11-2016, 04:17 PM
Joel Fotin has a Borla Gen 3 exhaust for sale in Vanderhoof. $600 I think. I believe he has phone vids of his Dad's 08 coupe at the Prince George Track bdfm77@hotmail.com

RTTTTed
01-11-2016, 04:19 PM
Trevor Cameron (Nisku) has Mopar exhaust on his 04 SRT and perhaps on his Paxton blown SRT10 Truck?

viper04blk
01-28-2016, 10:35 PM
I grabbed a pair of used 2008 oem cat backs from a VOA member.

Solves my heat in the cab issue.

Viktimize
01-30-2016, 12:30 PM
I grabbed a pair of used 2008 oem cat backs from a VOA member.

Solves my heat in the cab issue.

Did you figure out the latch issue for the top? That hook should pull right back into the top, sounds like yours might not be pulling back in like it is supposed to. If you're not too far away I could always pop by and take a look just to make sure.

viper04blk
01-30-2016, 01:29 PM
I havent had the ambition to go sit in my car and check yet. I am not physically well at the moment....and getting into the car would be a dangerous task. Gimme a week.

I appreciate the offer. I will keep you posted.

Viktimize
01-31-2016, 01:29 PM
I havent had the ambition to go sit in my car and check yet. I am not physically well at the moment....and getting into the car would be a dangerous task. Gimme a week.

I appreciate the offer. I will keep you posted.

Get well soon. You know where to find me.

viper04blk
06-27-2016, 04:44 PM
OK, so now my wife wants the roof down....and this latch issue is back to bug me. Viktimize, you anywhere near st.albert?

n49
06-28-2016, 10:01 AM
OK, so now my wife wants the roof down....and this latch issue is back to bug me. Viktimize, you anywhere near st.albert?

Very simple. Look at the 4 minute mark of this video. When you fold it back it latches on the drivers side....just a bit of pressure on the front corner of the top once you for it back and it will latch. To put the top back up you have to release the latch then do everything in reverse order. Simple!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtQo2GoxVQM

viper04blk
06-28-2016, 12:51 PM
as fun as it was looking at a typical car salesman do it.... that didnt help. I need to see how the hook on the latch behaves.

Viktimize
06-29-2016, 04:47 PM

I'm in Leduc. But I drive from fort sask to Leduc everyday from work. So if you wanted you could pop out east and meet near Sherwood Park on my way home one of these days.

I think I mentioned it before. If you just put your fingers under the top, and slightly pull it to the drivers side with a bit of tension, then put some force on top of it it'll click right in.

parabs
06-29-2016, 09:20 PM
I'll be in that area next week Wednesday, maybe Thursday on work. I haven't picked a hotel yet so maybe I'll pick one in St. Albert.

Turk
06-30-2016, 07:20 AM
Parabs, are you bringing your Viper? If so let us know, maybe we can get a group together for a little cruise.

viper04blk
06-30-2016, 08:12 AM
Viktimize, I know I am unable to travel to leduc... my schedule enver has enough time for that round trip haha. Perhaps you cant help me... if your ever in the st.albert area, let me know!

parabs - I think st.albert has one hotel. If you need access to edmonton, it might add alot of commute time to you. Keep me posted

Turk, someone is setting up a July1 cruise right now