PDA

View Full Version : New Star Wars Movie - Its a Trap!

Patentlaw
12-31-2015, 03:47 PM
OMG. What a horrible movie. Your collective input should be interesting.

Vprbite
12-31-2015, 04:13 PM
You know you just whacked a hornets nest, right?

I haven't seen it. But I know this topic touches a nerve.

rlhay2
12-31-2015, 04:53 PM
It did not live up to the hype, but what movie could?

And it was essentially "A New Hope" part 2, and I am okay with that.

Once I stopped comparing it to the 37 year old memories of the 1st one, I realized it was a good movie. Possibly very good, just not great.
I'm looking forward to the next one!

BlknBlu
12-31-2015, 04:53 PM
I am a Star Wars Freak and love everything Star Wars, but Jar Jar Binks. The movie was spectacular but yes a big but, it is taking bits and pieces from all the movies and reliving them again. You would think everyone would learn a lesson from the first go around. How many Death Stars with time and effort in building be destroyed by hitting a single failure spot. The Solos and Skywalkers must be horrible parents for their kids to alienate them.

I have seen it twice and look forward to Rogue One next year.

Bruce

sparkrn
12-31-2015, 05:04 PM
Agree with your commits above and love the movie still.

Snakebit
12-31-2015, 05:22 PM
Definitely wasn't much new material there, but enjoyed it in IMAX 3-D just the same!

Next Phase
12-31-2015, 09:05 PM
Yes, horrible...on so many levels.

A Storm Trooper and a scavenger girl defeat the dark side's bad ass with no training?

I didn't think it was going to be great, but didn't expect it to be as horrible as it was.

At least Harrison Ford saw it was a failure and opted out of future embarassment.

Policy Limits
01-03-2016, 06:11 PM
I liked it but Return of the Jedi is still king. Sequels are tough. Vader can't be overcome as a dark side character. Any votes on who Ray is and whom is "her father?"

ViperSmith
01-03-2016, 08:47 PM
I thought it was good, not great. I see it as a "bridge" film. Taking 4-6 into 8-9.

The biggest thing was the two/three main characters were likable and you want to see them move forward.