PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

AZSRT10
12-29-2015, 10:06 AM
I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself to everyone in the Arizona area. I recently bought my first Viper ('05 SRT10) in November and my wife bought me a VOA membership for Christmas, so I am just getting around to visiting the site. Looking at the pictures of past events, I am very excited to get involved. I look forward to meeting everyone in person at an upcoming event and learning more about these awesome cars.

Vprbite
12-29-2015, 10:21 AM
Welcome. There are a bunch of great people here in Arizona. Unfortunately none of them are in the club. Dealing with the members here is the same as dealing with chimpanzees. Don't look anyone directly in the eyes too long, and we can smell fear.

Congratulations on getting your first viper. Let us know if you need anything. We are fortunate to have one of the most respected techs in the country here in Eddie Martin at Airpark dodge. I'm in Tucson but he still takes care of my car.

Also, I recently took over as social director, so if you have any ideas for events, PM me. We will have some stuff coming up though. So stay tuned. You can PM Daytonprowler to make sure your screen name gets changed over to owner/member. And as I understand it, member packages will go out in January.

Again, welcome and glad to have you here.

Martyb
12-29-2015, 02:26 PM
Congrats! I am in Chandler, anytime anyone is up for a beer let me know! Always looking for a reason to get my car out.

Marty

LifeIsGood
12-29-2015, 04:33 PM
Welcome to viper ownership. I recently joined the Arizona club. Some very nice members here. Beware of Jeff (Vprbite), he likes red vipers...what a loser.

Vprbite
12-29-2015, 05:21 PM
Welcome to viper ownership. I recently joined the Arizona club. Some very nice members here. Beware of Jeff (Vprbite), he likes red vipers...what a loser.

I have been called worse by better. Today in fact. Gonna have to try harder to hurt my feelings. I'll be sure to clean the back of my car since that's what you'll be staring at.

Don't mind him, OP. He was let out of the asylum due to budget cuts so we kinda had to take him.

Where in AZ are you, OP?

drewsss
12-30-2015, 12:16 PM

:t1236:

(Sorry Jeff)

AZSRT10
12-30-2015, 12:51 PM
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to hanging out. I am on the Glendale/Phoenix border in North Phoenix, but love driving the car, so I am down for driving anywhere. I am updating my profile right now with a picture and more info. Thanks for the warm receptions, everyone!!

LeadfootRT10
12-30-2015, 02:58 PM
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to hanging out. I am on the Glendale/Phoenix border in North Phoenix, but love driving the car, so I am down for driving anywhere. I am updating my profile right now with a picture and more info. Thanks for the warm receptions, everyone!!

There's a way to link your forum persona with the membership, I wanna say if you click on the "portal" option at the top of the page, it'll guide you through. It's been two years since i did mine so i don't remember......and all these red/yellow yahoos don't have shit on BLUE!

AZSRT10
12-30-2015, 03:43 PM
Thanks Leadfoot, I got it all figured out now. So basically, I should not trust anyone with a car other than Silver is what you're saying??? You guys are great. When's the next meet-up/cruise? Anyone got time this weekend? Maybe an impromptu Cars and Coffee of our own?

Vprbite
12-30-2015, 05:40 PM

Warm receptions? I'll not be accused of that. I have a reputation as a derelict to protect.

Vprbite
12-30-2015, 05:41 PM
:t1236:

(Sorry Jeff)

Blah blah blah blah. I cant hear you over how awesome I am.

Martyb
12-30-2015, 07:08 PM
Thanks Leadfoot, I got it all figured out now. So basically, I should not trust anyone with a car other than Silver is what you're saying??? You guys are great. When's the next meet-up/cruise? Anyone got time this weekend? Maybe an impromptu Cars and Coffee of our own?

I'm around all weekend, if you want to meet up just name the time and place.

AZSRT10
12-30-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm around all weekend, if you want to meet up just name the time and place.

Excellent. What part of town are you located at?

Vprbite
12-30-2015, 09:22 PM
The weather is nice for vipers right now. They love cold air. Just be aware of cold tires and cold pavement.

AZ Venom
12-31-2015, 07:02 AM
Welcome AZSRT10, look forward to meeting at an event soon. Marty, think I drove past you on the 10 a couple days ago. Evening rush I think it was, passed you in my daily driver around 143 interchange. I'm over in Ahwatukee, maybe see you around the area when we're not doing planned cruises.

Martyb
12-31-2015, 07:06 AM
I'm on the south side of Chandler. Would be great to get together and meet a few new folks!

Martyb
12-31-2015, 07:07 AM
Welcome AZSRT10, look forward to meeting at an event soon. Marty, think I drove past you on the 10 a couple days ago. Evening rush I think it was, passed you in my daily driver around 143 interchange. I'm over in Ahwatukee, maybe see you around the area when we're not doing planned cruises.

What's your daily Pete?

AZSRT10
12-31-2015, 08:46 AM
Maybe a quick cruise out to Cave Creek on Saturday? Have a beer or two and then head back into town? Let me know if anyone is interested or if anyone has other ideas. I am down for whatever, so let me know.

Martyb
12-31-2015, 10:41 AM
I'm open Saturday until late afternoon, count me in. Just let me know where you want to meet up.

drewsss
12-31-2015, 01:05 PM
I'm open Saturday until late afternoon, count me in. Just let me know where you want to meet up.

Hey guys, I may be able to make this too on Saturday. Will know more by tomorrow!

Rocket
12-31-2015, 01:57 PM
Cars and Coffee in Scottsdale is the first Saturday of the month - Saturday, January 2nd should be first event.

The ORIGINAL gathering of enthusiasts. The FIRST Saturday of every month at The Shoppes of Gainey Village in Scottsdale.SE corner of Scottsdale& Doubletree.

https://www.facebook.com/Scottsdale-Cars-Coffee-154825467881973/

AZSRT10
12-31-2015, 03:18 PM
Cars and Coffee is cool but was just thinking of something more casual and a better drive. If there is going to be a club meet at the Cars and Coffee, I am in. Otherwise, I would prefer to make a Viper convoy up to Care Creek and relax. If there is not anything official going on. I say we meet at the Culver's on Cave Creek Rd just North of the 101 at 9am on Saturday. Again, just a suggestion. Please let me know what everyone else thinks.

Martyb
12-31-2015, 07:13 PM
Or maybe a bit later and meet at twin peaks in scottsdale just off the 101? Either way I am good, just let me know what everyone decides. I'm up for anything.

Someonewho
12-31-2015, 09:40 PM
hello AZSRT10,
I also have a 05 silver viper. Glad to see someone else is a fan of the silver color as well. This goes without saying "good choice"!:t1236:

AZSRT10
12-31-2015, 09:48 PM
Thanks Someonewho.

Martyb - I am good with meeting at Twin Peaks. Always enjoy an excuse to visit that place. You name the time and we will be there. Hopefully we can get a good group out. Anyone else???

Martyb
12-31-2015, 11:40 PM
Does noon work?

AZSRT10
01-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Works for me. See you there.

Martyb
01-01-2016, 03:15 PM
See you then.

drewsss
01-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Did somebody say Twin Peaks? I'm in ��

Martyb
01-02-2016, 06:39 AM
Did somebody say Twin Peaks? I'm in ��

If you are in and want to head up together let me know. We could meet somewhere off the 202, maybe the Home Depot on Germain...

drewsss
01-02-2016, 08:45 AM
If you are in and want to head up together let me know. We could meet somewhere off the 202, maybe the Home Depot on Germain...

Home Depot is a great suggestion. Will look for you around 11:30 ish or so and we can head up then.

Martyb
01-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Home Depot is a great suggestion. Will look for you around 11:30 ish or so and we can head up then.

Sounds good.

Vprbite
01-02-2016, 09:50 AM
I would come up and meet you guys but I have an appt at 12:15. Take lots of pics. Of twin peaks I don't want to see your cars.

My buddies and I used to go there on our annual trip to albuquerque. The girls at that one were impressively dumb. It was pretty good entertainment.

Have fun guys.

drewsss
01-02-2016, 11:22 AM
I would come up and meet you guys but I have an appt at 12:15. Take lots of pics. Of twin peaks I don't want to see your cars.

My buddies and I used to go there on our annual trip to albuquerque. The girls at that one were impressively dumb. It was pretty good entertainment.

Have fun guys.

Jeff - hard to believe that your appointment is more important than Twin Peaks.

Must be a really (I mean, REALLY) important appointment.

Vprbite
01-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Prepare to feel bad, Drewssss.

Getting more therapy done on my ankle (I tore ligaments in my ankle during the wreck) so I need to stay on top of therapy and that. But it has been hurting more lately because my gait has been off due to my knee hurting. I will know more on Monday after I see my surgeon, but I may need another knee surgery.

So...yeah I'm gonna say it's pretty important.

Use my sob story to get more attention from the girls. Tell them why I couldn't make it. Then get them to take a picture for me and send it to me. C'mon, you must have at least that much game, I hope.

drewsss
01-02-2016, 04:12 PM
We had a good time up at Twin Peaks. Great cruise up there, great weather, great food, and had the chance to make some new friends.

As for the pics with the waitresses...sorry, Jeff. No sooner than did I mutter "I need a pic for Vprbite", then they all gave a pained look of familiarity and said that they were suddenly "busy".

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l563/senorzee/Pic3.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/senorzee/media/Pic3.jpg.html)

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l563/senorzee/Pic2.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/senorzee/media/Pic2.jpg.html)

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l563/senorzee/Pic1.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/senorzee/media/Pic1.jpg.html)

Martyb
01-02-2016, 04:23 PM

In an effort to save the thread for Jeff I dug up an old pic from Tilted Kilt. :)

Great to meet some new Viper enthusiasts!

drewsss
01-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Thanks, Marty...great save. And looks like I have a new screensaver. :orange:

Vprbite
01-02-2016, 05:27 PM
Gotta work on your game, drew. I can help you with that.

Thanks Marty. Way to pick up the fumble and run with it.

Martyb
01-02-2016, 05:31 PM
Anytime!

Vprbite
01-02-2016, 05:37 PM
It's probably because you didn't have any red cars. I'll fix that for you next time.

drewsss
01-02-2016, 07:50 PM
It's probably because you didn't have any red cars. I'll fix that for you next time.

Actually, Marty's blue GTS did a pretty good job keeping up with me.

If there were any red Vipers out there, they were far behind us.

https://youtu.be/VdvwHC5LMzY

Martyb
01-02-2016, 07:55 PM
Actually, Marty's blue GTS did a pretty good job keeping up with me.

If there were any red Vipers out there, they were far behind us.

https://youtu.be/VdvwHC5LMzY

Glad I was in the HOV on 101, the lane you were in is tough to navigate!

My first viper was red, so I've been part of the "club"!