PDA

View Full Version : Gen 5 carbon coil cover overlays

6th-Element
12-20-2013, 11:44 AM
These are real carbon fiber overlayed onto Gen 5 stock covers

1 set ready to go for Christmas

$600 plus $30 shipping gets these to your door!

The appearance on the Viper Owner's Association ("VOA") Website of advertisements, product and service information does not constitute an endorsement by the VOA. Links from the Website to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by the VOA of the parties or their products and services. The VOA has not investigated the products or claims made by any advertiser or sponsor. All product information, such as, but not limited to description(s), photos, prices, delivery, warranty and any advertiser or sponsor claims are based solely on material placed by or received from advertisers and sponsors.

In short, the VOA is not responsible in any manner for those that choose to advertise on our Website, Viper Quarterly or any other VOA public publication and any products they may offer to members. Association and Website Members are hereby forewarned. Members are strongly advised to investigate the forum for threads and discussion relating to vendors history and reputation.

Space Truckin
12-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Now those are NICE!!!

mjorgensen
12-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Those are a sweet Christmas present!

6th-Element
12-20-2013, 03:34 PM
I am getting the letters professionally cut to replace the by hand ones placed on there now, for future sets I can probably get color matched to car or close

Space Truckin
12-20-2013, 05:54 PM
Money tree went dormant for winter :-(

Newport Viper
12-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Those are NICE! Well done

SmoknTires
12-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Very nicey nice!

cashcorn
02-19-2014, 06:13 PM
any carbon-fiber door sills?

cashcorn
02-19-2014, 07:55 PM
x - brace carbon fiber?

6th-Element
02-19-2014, 09:03 PM
any carbon-fiber door sills?

Have some really nice ones, red CF, blue CF, Green CF, reg CF,

cashcorn
02-20-2014, 11:28 AM
those covers are off the charts & a must have! i've got about 3 months+ until my baby gets delivered. will you be doing the x brace as well?

JonB ~ PartsRack
02-20-2014, 06:13 PM
those covers are off the charts & a must have! i've got about 3 months+ until my baby gets delivered. will you be doing the x brace as well?

Corn-Man..... since you asked and no other replies -

CF Gen 5 X-Brace:

PartsRack will have a CF-X-brace on March 4....about the time you get your VIN #. Approx $500 Exchanged.... This will be a CF-clad OE brace, 'cosmetic only.'

cashcorn
02-20-2014, 07:57 PM
B-Man.. Are you saying CF over the aluminum? ps I also had a 69 boss 302, wimbledom white.. good times!!

6th-Element
02-22-2014, 12:52 PM
Aluminum and carbon fibre react so as to cause cathodic corrosion, carbon and aluminum are on opposite ends of the galvanic scale. They will react to each other and corrosion and weakness will take place, especially when around either sea water or electric current such as what is grounded through out your chassis. The carbon would have to be entirely insulated from the aluminum.

Anybody that wants a carbon X brace should only buy the factory piece as it is engineered with product liability as a structural piece in mind. It is a very complex piece with a variety of loads form different angles hitting it and I would also recommend to anyone that has a factory piece to watch and inspect it regularly for cracks and stress. Structural carbon parts that undergo stress is one thing, to add in engine bay heat is another, most structural carbon parts that undergo heat are usually treated with a ceramic coating