PDA

View Full Version : Track day for $19.00 !

Josrocket
12-18-2015, 12:18 PM
Ever wanted to drive your viper on a racetrack. Now you can for $19.00. nasa-se.com is having a sale on all 2016 track days for $219 until January 1st. If you have never done it all you do is pick an event then register and choose new member pick HPDE 1 and punch in the $200 off coupon code: 2015SE$200NEW-21985 All you pay is $19.00 and a $45 one time membership fee.

I already signed up for the one in January (roebling raceway) and February (Carolina Motorsports park) but you can pick any event on the list including the summer ones.

CarolinaViper
12-18-2015, 01:40 PM
Awesome price, just registered, only thing is the weather...is still really cold that time of year, but for the price is worth the gamble. Who knows it might be 50 degrees that weekend. Below 40 degrees, I will just forfeit the money, not worth the risk of driving on the track.

Josrocket
12-18-2015, 02:01 PM
You could of picked any track day out of the year. Regardless of how cold it is once the tires heat up it doesnt matter. I drove my viper in the winter. Just got to heat em up and its good to go. Just not when it was salty. Which weekend did you choose?

CarolinaViper
12-18-2015, 02:21 PM
Had to pick the one in Feb, the one in May is when NVE-2 is and didn't want to wait until Nov. To far for me to got to the other tracks.

CarolinaViper
12-18-2015, 02:59 PM
Jos

On the tires, I forget how many laps we ran in a 20 minute session 5-6 (can't remember), then we would have a 60-90 minute rest and then back on the track - tires pressure was back to normal by that time tire temp unknown. The concern is how many laps does it take to heat up the tires with an outdoor temp between 30-40 degrees (I don't know). I won't be enhancing by skills by driving normal road speeds on the track as the track line and braking points will be a lot different.

No hemi
12-22-2015, 10:50 AM
Just regisatered to the feb one with the srt4!, see you guys there!!

TCurtner
12-25-2015, 02:22 PM
Awesome price, just registered, only thing is the weather...is still really cold that time of year, but for the price is worth the gamble. Who knows it might be 50 degrees that weekend. Below 40 degrees, I will just forfeit the money, not worth the risk of driving on the track.

Not to worry, it's ok - been multiple times to CMP in early February - 17 degrees a few years ago...got up to a balmy 37 - it was a blast, and safe as could be. Uh, wait til your tires warm up a bit before challenging your tracktion limits ahem...

Josrocket
01-26-2016, 09:39 AM
Just got back from Roebling. I have some awesome video. It was cold but it was sooooo much fun. Just had to do 1.5 laps before the tires were warm enough to stick. I really pushed the car hard. Hit 155-165 in the straight and found out that Hawk HPS pads are crap for the track. Lost braking in the first turn every time I braked properly in the first turn. First time I did it I was only able to slow to about 110 before I took turn 1 lol. After that I really understood what the Toyo Proxys could really do.

Coincidentally, the only person to wreck the entire weekend was a Gen5 viper. :( He had no business in HPDE 2 with a viper. Before he went out he was asking me what tire pressures to run and Ive never done this before. Roads were wet and he was going to too fast on turn 9. Right rear touched the wet white line that separates the pit from the track and he went off the outside and tried to correct it instead of going in the grass and he hooked and ran straight into the pit wall. :(

CarolinaViper
01-26-2016, 12:51 PM
Got to blame the instructor also....should have known of the driver's limited skills, and with weather conditions as they were definitely to quick in the turns. That's what I like about Carolina Motorsports Park, great instructors and nothing to hit if you go to fast in the curves....they have great run off space around the curves. See you and Angel there in a couple of weeks.

Jeff

Josrocket
01-27-2016, 09:23 AM
He was in HPDE 2 so he didnt have an instructor. He probably got moved to that level in a much slower car. Yeah, I cant wait for CMP. RR was soo much fun. I cant wait to do CMP!

AZTVR
01-27-2016, 11:45 AM
Hit 155-165 in the straight and found out that Hawk HPS pads are crap for the track.

Talk to Jon at Parts Rack about brake pads appropriate for your tracks, skill level, and speed. He steered me toward Brakeman 3 pads which served me well for HPDE, However, I never have driven a track where I hit 155mph range (whether that is because of track layout or my skill level, I won't address here, LOL!)

99RT10
01-27-2016, 01:41 PM
Just got back from Roebling. I have some awesome video. It was cold but it was sooooo much fun. Just had to do 1.5 laps before the tires were warm enough to stick. I really pushed the car hard. Hit 155-165 in the straight and found out that Hawk HPS pads are crap for the track. Lost braking in the first turn every time I braked properly in the first turn. First time I did it I was only able to slow to about 110 before I took turn 1 lol. After that I really understood what the Toyo Proxys could really do.

Coincidentally, the only person to wreck the entire weekend was a Gen5 viper. :( He had no business in HPDE 2 with a viper. Before he went out he was asking me what tire pressures to run and Ive never done this before. Roads were wet and he was going to too fast on turn 9. Right rear touched the wet white line that separates the pit from the track and he went off the outside and tried to correct it instead of going in the grass and he hooked and ran straight into the pit wall. :(

Next time you guys do Roebling Roads, post up here. I love that track. I would love to go back one day.

Josrocket
01-27-2016, 02:02 PM
I may do it again in April with NASA-SE again. Depends on if I have to work that weekend. It will be a last minute decision. There are 3 of us so far going to CMP here feb 13-14. Its only $269 for the weekend if you sign up now.

No hemi
02-10-2016, 09:27 AM
well as always life gets in the way, I just signed the papers on a new house and i'll be moving so no track DAY FOR ME :(:(:(, Hopefully i can make all the other plans I have for the year with the VOA.

Josrocket
02-12-2016, 12:09 PM
What! Lame! Well, congrats on the house.

No hemi
02-12-2016, 12:46 PM
lol, thanks

JohnHammer
02-28-2016, 07:52 PM
Got to blame the instructor also....should have known of the driver's limited skills
Jeff

I've been an instructor in the car when a student did everything wrong regardless of what I was telling him. The blame always goes to the guy with his hands on the wheel ;)