PDA

View Full Version : Guy closes down freeway for marriage proposal now facing charges

Vprbite
12-16-2015, 04:36 AM
This dude closed down a busy Houston freeway to propose to his girlfriend. Good thing she said yes, because he is now being charged. Just a class 3 misdemeanor, but still. I wonder if he can be held accountable for lost productivity, dollar wise, for the delay? He could have really been in trouble if he slowed down an ambulance.

http://abc13.com/news/charge--filed-after-i-45-shut-down-for-marriage-proposal/1123847/

This is America. You aren't allowed to punish people for being selfish. Aren't we entitled to do whatever we feel, even though it inconvienences and interrupts the lives of tens of thousands of people? This guy thought so.

plumcrazy
12-16-2015, 05:18 AM
hes an ass.

Snakebit
12-16-2015, 06:13 AM
First thing I thought when I saw the story on the news yesterday was "that guy needs to have his ass kicked."

BlackSnake99
12-16-2015, 06:39 AM
hes an ass.

You have to admit.... she is kinda hot.

Vprbite
12-16-2015, 08:40 AM
You have to admit.... she is kinda hot.

3rd degree misdemeanor hot? I would also say not hot enough to demand a freeway closure on her proposal. What will she want on her first anniversary?

Does anyone know how he managed to close down the freeway?

J TNT
12-16-2015, 08:53 AM
Sounds like something from the Darwin Awards.....lol !

City
12-16-2015, 08:58 AM
SOOO many ways to be creative without inconveniencing others. Selfish douche. Hope his caterer gets held up in a traffic jam and is forced to undercook the chicken and fish for his wedding.

Slithr
12-16-2015, 09:32 AM
Local news reported this morning that they are considering charging his eight accomplices that helped him block all lanes with the same charge. Sounds like it lasted a couple minutes until people started honking and passing on the shoulder.

12-16-2015, 12:41 PM
Don't worry -- he just got MARRIED!

Slithr
12-16-2015, 01:37 PM
We're losing it down here in Houston! Another freeway closure, this was just last night, apparently the gentlemen just wanted to go back to El Salvador.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2015/12/15/highway-59-at-i-45-shut-down-due-to-potential-jumper/77401710/

sparkrn
12-16-2015, 04:43 PM
She has to put up with that stupid ass for the rest of her life. Poor girl.

Vprbite
12-16-2015, 07:37 PM
She has to put up with that stupid ass for the rest of her life. Poor girl.

Ummmm...she didn't quite strike me as a card carrying member of MENSA either. So they are perfect for each other. I bet the have more babies than they can count too. Idiots are always super fertile.

What's with people closing freeways in Houston for attention? I've seen how you guys drive down there. I would be terrified to try that. In the future, I bet you are legally cleared if you hit someone at 75mph. They aren't lighted for pedestrians and it's illegal for people to be there. So when someone accidentally drills one of these clowns, I don't think they are at fault. I'm sure the family will bring a nice civil suit on the city and the person who hit them too.

You really have to be a very special combination of incredibly stupid, incredibly selfish, and crazy to do this.

Patentlaw
12-20-2015, 12:25 AM
3rd degree misdemeanor hot? I would also say not hot enough to demand a freeway closure on her proposal. What will she want on her first anniversary?

Does anyone know how he managed to close down the freeway?
He had a bunch of people in the car with him that were in on it. They all jumped out and stopped traffic.
The worst was the "man on the street" interviews on asking the local residents on what they thought. Nobody thought it was a big deal. Tell that to the guy in the ambulance.

Vprbite
12-20-2015, 12:35 AM
I honestly think he should be accountable for lost productivity. Anyone late to work, etc.

I thought people were pissed. A full closure, you would feel the effects of that for hours on a busy freeway.

Nine Ball
12-20-2015, 11:05 AM
Yet, no citations were issued to the Black Lives Matter clowns, that also stopped a freeway in Houston.

Vprbite
12-21-2015, 01:46 AM
Yet, no citations were issued to the Black Lives Matter clowns, that also stopped a freeway in Houston.

Stopping a freeway is not the correct way to protest. I support people's right to do that. Even if I don't agree with their cause. But if they are reckless like this and potentially causing wrecks, lost, productivity, even holding up doctors from getting to hospitals or lawyers getting to court...they are less proving fighting for their cause and more throwing a monkey wrench in good people's lives. A monkey wrench that could have serious consequences to innocent people.