PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to work on my Viper/Tune?

damstr
12-12-2015, 02:58 PM
I live in Bel Air MD. Not far from DE/PA and roughly an hourish from VA. Don't mind traveling for a tune and an all around place to work on the Viper as long as they do quality work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

ViperSmith
12-22-2015, 06:58 PM
What year?

damstr
12-23-2015, 10:55 AM
What year?

1997. Eventually I'm going to get the Greg Good H/C just looking for a good place to install it. I can always do the mail in tune according to Greg just takes 3-4 times before it gets where it needs to be.

ICPREY
12-23-2015, 10:52 PM
I've heard good things about ISP racing in Beltsville,MD.

damstr
12-31-2015, 06:52 PM
I've heard good things about ISP racing in Beltsville,MD.

I've heard a lot of mixed things. I know someone who took their Supra there and had to take it to another shop to clean up all the problems.

ICPREY
01-01-2016, 03:42 PM
Not sure on your mechanical level,but I would do the install yourself then do a remote tuning session with Todd @AC Performance or Torre @Unleashed Tuning. Todd could probably get a pretty close base tune depending on what cam grind Greg gives you.

kronos
01-04-2016, 11:05 PM
I'm part of the DMV (de, md, va) Auto Club on Facebook. A lot of people there will tell you ISP is fine. I personally haven't had my car tuned yet, but wouldn't take my car to ISP regardless what their ratings were. Chuck Tator's Garage in south NY specializes in Vipers. Why take a specialized car to a generalized tune shop? The drive to Chuck is a bit of a hike though - I'd make a day trip out of it.

http://www.tatorsdodge.com/

Viper Specialty
01-05-2016, 10:09 AM
I live in Bel Air MD. Not far from DE/PA and roughly an hourish from VA. Don't mind traveling for a tune and an all around place to work on the Viper as long as they do quality work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

We are in Western NY [Buffalo], and may be able to help you out depending on what you are looking for. Scheduling is a bit of an issue at the moment between winter and scaling scheduling back due to our "move in process" South to FL, but simple remote tuning, canned tunes, direct flash or similar should not be a problem.

-Dan