PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Relearn procedure?

dasvolk
12-09-2015, 03:35 PM
Hey guys - I am having an issue I believe is software related. I live quite far from the one dealership I trust (Normandin) and I would like to give this a shot on my own if possible. The car has been throwing ETC codes and hovers/stutters at times. This started at Laguna Seca but no codes are stored. I'm thinking that as the engine has broken in, the ECU may be getting out of sorts with it, or at least that's my hope. Tired of leaving the car down there for weeks at a time! Any help appreciated.

BJG32
12-09-2015, 03:43 PM
I believe you need to dealer tool to address this. Somebody more knowledgeable than I should chime in with better advise though...

Are you getting the "service electronic throttle control" error?

2doorrocket
12-09-2015, 03:57 PM
I wouldn't do this one your own, I would check to make sure your air filter isn't damaged. Go get some MAF Sensor cleaner, and clean both the MAF's. Limp mode shouldn't occur after that. If you want more instruction on this process, feel free to DM me and I'll provide you my phone number.

ViperGeorge
12-09-2015, 04:32 PM
You say it is throwing ETC codes but there are no codes stored. What do you mean by this? Did you use the on-board diagnostics to show codes? Do you have a code reader? Is your car modified? Do you have headers? If you do check all wires including O2 wires (upstream and downstream), check the main harness by the PDC (fuse box under hood). Heat from headers (if you have them) can melt wires including wires inside the wrap of the main harness. Melted wires, depending on which ones, can cause many symptoms similar to yours. I had a similar symptom when my car melted wires inside the main harness (the outside of the harness looked fine by the way but inside was a different story). The car would run and was drive-able but as soon as you tried to accelerate, the car would stumble, the electric symbol flashed on the dash, and it threw a check engine light indicating an accelerator sensor low voltage.

Good luck.

2doorrocket
12-09-2015, 04:46 PM
You say it is throwing ETC codes but there are no codes stored. What do you mean by this? Did you use the on-board diagnostics to show codes? Do you have a code reader? Is your car modified? Do you have headers? If you do check all wires including O2 wires (upstream and downstream), check the main harness by the PDC (fuse box under hood). Heat from headers (if you have them) can melt wires including wires inside the wrap of the main harness. Melted wires, depending on which ones, can cause many symptoms similar to yours. I had a similar symptom when my car melted wires inside the main harness (the outside of the harness looked fine by the way but inside was a different story). The car would run and was drive-able but as soon as you tried to accelerate, the car would stumble, the electric symbol flashed on the dash, and it threw a check engine light indicating an accelerator sensor low voltage.

Good luck.

It doesn't store this, my red one did the same shit, occassionally starts up in limp mode.

ViperGeorge
12-09-2015, 04:52 PM
It doesn't store this, my red one did the same shit, occassionally starts up in limp mode.

Is the ETC code you refer to the lightning bolt thing? If so, my car threw that code and set a check engine light. It did store the code.

dasvolk
12-13-2015, 05:15 PM
I got an email about 5 minutes later:
http://i.imgur.com/7fL1BwX.jpg

That's the only evidence that I have of the issue. I'll check the filter and MAFs as suggested and see if it does it again.