PDA

View Full Version : Teamtech 6-point Harness Installed!

VENOM V
12-18-2013, 12:53 PM
It's in! Suffice it to say that I'm glad that guys like Mark Jorgensen are around, because this was a difficult install! If he's in your neighborhood, it's worth it to pay him to do it, LOL. The difficulty was mostly because I didn't have the right tools. I broke a 3/8" ratchet AND a 3/8" torque wrench, just trying to remove the extremely tightly torqued torx cap screws that filled the holes that the lap belts mounted to. This is a job for a pneumatic impact wrench, or a 1/2" drive, but I didn't have the correct 1/2" drive torx bit. But the job is done and done well, despite a couple of split nuckles and a mashed finger when the torque wrench busted. Looks like I was in a bar fight. I guess I kind of was, but at least I won.

I'm ready to rock and roll with Redsled and a few other friends at Buttonwillow Raceway this weekend. I'll also be running a Necksgen HANS-type device to protect my neck, and will be trying out Michelin Pilot Sport Cups for the first time. Here are a few pictures. I'll post detailed instructions in a few days, when I can find the time.

1st pic: Harness installed
2nd pic: Harness tucked out of the way when not on track. Except for the submarine straps, it's easy to stow the harness.
3rd pic: Submarine strap bar mounted, sub straps installed, and you can see one of the lap belt mounting points.
4th pic: Shoulder belts mounted. Nice feature- no mods to the car, and no drilling! Just bolt the harness in.
5th pic: I hang the shoulder belts off of their eyebolts when not on track. Easy to unclip, pull through the seat-back windows, and clip onto the eyebolts. The lap belts can be left clipped on, you just slip them behind the seat.

V10LEE
12-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Looks great bro! Thank's for the write up,and the pics too.. :cool:

Leslie
12-18-2013, 01:16 PM
awsome! looks great. love my team tech harnesses:dude3:

maybe admin can move this to the 'how to' section.

VENOM V
12-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Looks great bro! Thank's for the write up,and the pics too.. :cool:

Thanks Lee, hopefully we can do yours together when you're ready to install 'em.

VENOM V
12-18-2013, 04:29 PM
awsome! looks great. love my team tech harnesses:dude3:

maybe admin can move this to the 'how to' section.

Thanks Leslie, sounds like you've had good luck with them too. The quality is top notch, just wish they'd come with instructions but I figured it out in the end. I plan outlining the step by step instructions so others will have it a little easier. Maybe after that, I'll see if they can get it in the how to section.

Getnlwr
12-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Very clean install!

VENOM V
12-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Very clean install!

Thanks man. I'm grateful that Viper is ready to go with a bolt-in harness, no mods necessary. Even the seat accepts the submarine straps! Plus, you don't have to touch the factory 3-point, it stays fully installed on independent mounts. There is no question that the Viper is a serious, track-ready car.

My friend just bought a lightly used Ferrari 458, and he believes he has to do some work to adapt a 6-point in it, not as straightforward. He's in the process of researching it now. He will be joining me at Buttonwillow Raceway this weekend. He may be the better driver by a hair (he used to track a Porsche Cup Car) but I think I have the faster car, so it will be interesting to see which car turns quicker laps. We will have transponders so there will be no hiding from the truth, LOL. I just love friendly rivalries.

:bth_smiley_formula1 :car-smiley-003:

Torquemonster06
12-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Very nice write-up and pics. Thanks for sharing.

SilveRT8
12-18-2013, 10:25 PM
Sounds like you're living the Gen5 dream!
Keep doing it !

VENOM V
12-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Very nice write-up and pics. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks man

Sounds like you're living the Gen5 dream!
Keep doing it !

Well I don't yet have the fancy hand bags to match Halle like you do Marilyn, but I'm getting by!

All this safety gear is making my lady a little more comfortable with the crazy track speeds we run. I will say this. Holy crap, it's constricting when you have the 6-point harness and the Necksgen HANS-type device hooked up. You can hardly move. It'll take some getting used to, but I will be planted in the corners for sure.

darbgnik
07-21-2015, 03:07 PM
Diggin up this old thread to thank the OP for the great pics and writeup. I couldn't move on without pointing out that years later, it's still being helpful.

Also, a great time to point out the great service I got from Jon B and Teamtech. I ordered two custom 6 point harnesses, custom made, black webbing with blue pulls and blue stitching, at noon yesterday. Well, here it is 24 hours later, and they've shipped with a tracking number!!!! How's that for service on a custom built order?

Rapidrezults
07-21-2015, 03:45 PM
Diggin up this old thread to thank the OP for the great pics and writeup. I couldn't move on without pointing out that years later, it's still being helpful.

Also, a great time to point out the great service I got from Jon B and Teamtech. I ordered two custom 6 point harnesses, custom made, black webbing with blue pulls and blue stitching, at noon yesterday. Well, here it is 24 hours later, and they've shipped with a tracking number!!!! How's that for service on a custom built order?

Did you order them with the inboard and outboard bolt in style attachments for the lap belts or just the inboard? Not sure what type of seats you have, but on the TA (manual) seats, the eye bolt on the outboard side prevented my seat from going all the way back easily, if at all. I opted to have them both bolt in style and the seat moves very nicely along its track.

Also, a few tips for the install which I think you might find helpful:

1) When trying to locate the existing lap belt bolts, remove the back panel behind the seat and you will be able to stick your hand under the carpet and insulation and feel around to locate the factory bolts. The instructions have some measurements, but IMO, it's not worth missing the spot and cutting up your carpet trying to measure or think you can feel the bolt through the carpet and insulation. Once located, use a needle tool of some sort to mark the spot where the bolt is (with your fingers still behind) and cut an X around that area.

2) To loosen the bolts, I found a very easy solution to break them loose was to just add an extension to my ratchet. Nothing fancy, in my case the closest thing I found was a piece of the piping from my floorjack which fit perfectly over the ratchet and popped it loose with minimal effort. You can put a towel over it so when it breaks loose you don't put a big scratch in your piano black seat back, if you care.

3) If you do opt for the inboard and outboard bolt in style plates, on the passenger side you might find that the stock bolt(outboard) is not quite long enough to get the threads going because there is some electrical cabling that runs through on that side. I went to the hardware store and found an exact matching bolt with just a few more threads and it worked perfect. Results may vary on this, but figured I'd point it out for anyone trying to attempt this in the future.

4) Lastly, and this might be a bit too much detail but....when you are putting the back panel back in it can be somewhat of a pain to deal with. It has some sharp edges as well and in hind sight I would've put some tape over the leather padding that connects back from the center console to avoid scratching it. You might find yourself wrestling with this panel to get it back in and a little mishap will put a nice dent/scratch in the leather there.

As Venom mentioned, it sounds and looks easy until you start getting back there and realizing how awkward of a position you have to put your body into. The space you have to work in is very tight. You will definitely start sweating so bring a towel and make sure there are no kids around when you start cursing! LOL

Hope it goes well for you!

Nambo
07-21-2015, 03:51 PM
Quick tip to ease seat movement for manual seats with the eyebolt setup. Raise the seat to its highest setting and then move it forward/backward and lower it back down once it is adjusted. It will move much easier this way, or at least it does for me.

Rapidrezults
07-21-2015, 03:54 PM
Quick tip to ease seat movement for manual seats with the eyebolt setup. Raise the seat to its highest setting and then move it forward/backward and lower it back down once it is adjusted. It will move much easier this way, or at least it does for me.

I did this as well, but felt I could never get the seat all the way back down once raised and moved back. It seemed there was still some interference of some sort there. Not sure.

Nambo
07-21-2015, 04:00 PM
There certainly is not a lot of room to spare between the seat, harness straps, and mounting points. I could see how fit could vary from car to car.

darbgnik
07-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Did you order them with the inboard and outboard bolt in style attachments for the lap belts or just the inboard? Not sure what type of seats you have, but on the TA (manual) seats, the eye bolt on the outboard side prevented my seat from going all the way back easily, if at all. I opted to have them both bolt in style and the seat moves very nicely along its track.

Also, a few tips for the install which I think you might find helpful:

1) When trying to locate the existing lap belt bolts, remove the back panel behind the seat and you will be able to stick your hand under the carpet and insulation and feel around to locate the factory bolts. The instructions have some measurements, but IMO, it's not worth missing the spot and cutting up your carpet trying to measure or think you can feel the bolt through the carpet and insulation. Once located, use a needle tool of some sort to mark the spot where the bolt is (with your fingers still behind) and cut an X around that area.

2) To loosen the bolts, I found a very easy solution to break them loose was to just add an extension to my ratchet. Nothing fancy, in my case the closest thing I found was a piece of the piping from my floorjack which fit perfectly over the ratchet and popped it loose with minimal effort. You can put a towel over it so when it breaks loose you don't put a big scratch in your piano black seat back, if you care.

3) If you do opt for the inboard and outboard bolt in style plates, on the passenger side you might find that the stock bolt(outboard) is not quite long enough to get the threads going because there is some electrical cabling that runs through on that side. I went to the hardware store and found an exact matching bolt with just a few more threads and it worked perfect. Results may vary on this, but figured I'd point it out for anyone trying to attempt this in the future.

4) Lastly, and this might be a bit too much detail but....when you are putting the back panel back in it can be somewhat of a pain to deal with. It has some sharp edges as well and in hind sight I would've put some tape over the leather padding that connects back from the center console to avoid scratching it. You might find yourself wrestling with this panel to get it back in and a little mishap will put a nice dent/scratch in the leather there.

As Venom mentioned, it sounds and looks easy until you start getting back there and realizing how awkward of a position you have to put your body into. The space you have to work in is very tight. You will definitely start sweating so bring a towel and make sure there are no kids around when you start cursing! LOL

Hope it goes well for you!

Thanks for all the tips! Apparently all the new harnesses ship with regular bolts on the lap belts. I'm definitely not looking forward to the install though, especially since I have the seat drop bracket on the drivers side. I need to get another friend with small forearms to remove the rear nuts on the drivers seat and reinstall it............ My arms just don't fit.

VENOM V
07-21-2015, 11:41 PM
Glad the thread is still helpful.

On my 2013 GTS with power seat, no issues with adjusting the seat through its full range of motion. Sounds like I may have an issue with the ACR's manual seat based on your experiences.

Rapidrezults
07-21-2015, 11:46 PM
Glad the thread is still helpful.

On my 2013 GTS with power seat, no issues with adjusting the seat through its full range of motion. Sounds like I may have an issue with the ACR's manual seat based on your experiences.

Todd,

If you have issues with the eyebolt clip ins you can send them to Curt @ Teamtech and he will swap the attachments on the lap belts for you. Curt is awesome to deal with.

VENOM V
07-21-2015, 11:50 PM
Todd,

If you have issues with the eyebolt clip ins you can send them to Curt @ Teamtech and he will swap the attachments on the lap belts for you. Curt is awesome to deal with.

Thanks Chris. Since I will be ordering a new one for the ACR, sounds like they have it figured out and it should fit right out of the box, is that correct?

Rapidrezults
07-21-2015, 11:54 PM
Thanks Chris. Since I will be ordering a new one for the ACR, sounds like they have it figured out and it should fit right out of the box, is that correct?

Yup, I was the beta tester for this concept and I guess Curt decided it was good enough for everyone. Haha

I keep forgetting, you're keeping the GTS.

Darius
07-22-2015, 12:17 AM
I think I will just do a regular set of 5 points. That harness is awesome but man it's a pain to get in and out of.

mjorgensen
07-22-2015, 09:40 AM
I think I will just do a regular set of 5 points. That harness is awesome but man it's a pain to get in and out of.

I would not do the 5 points, the instruction expressly state that you should not run the strap over the front of the seat, it is only to be used with the center hole in a race seat and the Viper seats are not made that way. The 6 points are not that bad just loosen the adjusters and lay it over the front when not using them.

darbgnik
08-01-2015, 01:19 AM
Well, I got the passenger side installed today, still waiting on a buddy with skinny arms for the drivers side.....

Install was pretty straight forward. I would recommend to anyone doing the work themselves to just remove the seat, makes it a lot easier to perform the work, and find the hidden bolts under the carpet. Surprisingly, what seemed to take the longest for me was getting the harnesses adjusted correctly using the attachment point buckles, so that the top adjusters were in the right position to be used for large and small passengers. After much fiddling, I have it adjusted so that the same setup works for me, 6"2 265lbs, and my girlfriend, 5'1 105lbs. Now that I have a baseline to work with, I should be able to get the bottom buckles adjusted on the drivers side, first try. Which is important seeing as after the seat is bolted down, they wont be accessible, due to my seat drop kit. :p

And a special thanks for the tip about raising the seat to get away from the interference between the tunnel attachment point and the seat. These harnesses really don't have a lot of room to get installed. After a lot of swearing, I reread the post, and raised the seat to get it back, which was still a tight fit, and a rough go.

I really like how the black harnesses with blue stitching and pulls look in the car. My only gripe about the design is that I'd really prefer it if the locking buckle was attached to one of the shoulder straps, instead of the submarine straps. It would be better to have it hanging behind the seats when not in use, rather than stuffed between the seat and the sill.

Hey VENOM V, is it just me, or is your submarine strap a different design with two clips into the lock instead of mine, with one clip permanently attached??? If mine is the latest design, I prefer yours.......

darbgnik
08-01-2015, 01:52 AM
To further my question about the submarine strap only having one clip with the buckle on it, seeing as I can't separate the straps, the pic below is how I have to store it, not ideal I think.

Not sure I had a choice, but I like the OP's setup better...........

I'd like to know if the original option with two separate clips on the submarine straps is available before I screw around with my lowered, bolted to the floor, drivers seat.

Rapidrezults
08-01-2015, 02:19 AM
To further my question about the submarine strap only having one clip with the buckle on it, seeing as I can't separate the straps, the pic below is how I have to store it, not ideal I think.

Not sure I had a choice, but I like the OP's setup better...........

I'd like to know if the original option with two separate clips on the submarine straps is available before I screw around with my lowered, bolted to the floor, drivers seat.

There are two types of belts for the Gen V. There is a simple version, Rampac, if memory serves me correct and a more upgraded version which includes double adjustment for the sub belts so you can adjust them all the way out and place the crotch pad under the seat without having to screw with the bar slides behind the seat. I do not recall the specific name, however, I seem to recall the upgraded version being called the ASR or something. It includes easy adjustment for all of the belts, instead of having to manually undo the bar slides for different passengers, they include bulk head attachments for easy passenger adjustment. I'm not sure how you were able to get it adjusted for a 105 and 265lb passenger with those belts. Also the ASR belts have a different adjustment mechanism for the lap belts which Curt said allows a much easier and tighter fit. I had the same exact belts as you and ended up sending them back to Teamtech for upgrade to the ASR(?) and outboard bolt in plate. The main reason for the upgrade for me was the sub belt adjustment. Also when they came back I noticed the clip in attachments were of different design as you indicated.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

darbgnik
08-01-2015, 02:26 AM
There are two types of belts for the Gen V. There is a simple version, Rampac, if memory serves me correct and a more upgraded version which includes double adjustment for the sub belts so you can adjust them all the way out and place the crotch pad under the seat. I do not recall the specific name, however, I seem to recall the upgraded version being called the ASR or something. It includes easy adjustment for all of the belts, instead of having to manually undo the bar slides for different passengers, they include bulk head attachments for easy passenger adjustment. I'm not sure how you were able to get it adjusted for a 105 and 265lb passenger with those belts. Also the ASR belts have a different adjustment mechanism for the lap belts which Curt said allows a much easier and tighter fit. I had the same exact belts as you and ended up sending them back to Teamtech for upgrade to the ASR(?) and outboard bolt in plate. The main reason for the upgrade for me was the sub belt adjustment. Also when they came back I noticed the clip in attachments were of different design as you indicated.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda pissed(at myself, for not knowing what I was paying for) about the whole issue, I would prefer the double adjustment for the crotch pad, and was not aware there was an option. The rest of the adjustments being the quick type would also be preferable, but not terribly important to me, as I said, I've set it to where I can forget it, and I'll be the only driver. I ordered 6 point Gen V Viper harnesses, I didn't ask for discount ones..........

The only option I didn't ask for was HANS compatible.

darbgnik
08-01-2015, 03:55 PM
So I've looked at it a dozen times and weighed out the pros and cons of these harnesses, and the only pro I can see, is that the submarine straps not having the adjusters on them makes it so that even stowed the way they are in the picture, the metal adjusters aren't left sitting on the seating surface......

Can you guys who have the proper ones comment on whether the submarine adjustment buckles can be moved completely off the lower seat cushion? And if not, can you feel them while sitting on them? And is there the chance they will eat into the seat?

I'm still leaning towards replacing them with the better ASR harnesses, as opposed to the RamPac harnesses in there now. Just looking for any plusses to this setup before I move forward. I am cringing at the thought of the drivers seat install, due to it having no sliders anymore, and only want to do it once. And of course I only find this out Friday night, and have to sit on it all weekend till Monday. Is Monday a holiday in the US like it is here?

DFox
08-02-2015, 10:22 AM

Any more pics of this custom order? would love to have those blue harnesses on my blue TA 2.0. Bumping this up to see what are the best options to go with when ordering harnesses for a TA 2.0. Thanks

darbgnik
08-02-2015, 01:43 PM
From what I have learned in the last couple days, the best option for ordering a Team Tech harness is the ASR version. Until last night, I didn't realize there was more than one option. The ASR is only moderately more expensive, but has quick adjusters at both ends of the shoulder harnesses, so easier adjustment there, and a second set of adjusters on the submarine straps, so they can be extended and stored under the seat.

darbgnik
08-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Update:

Just got off the phone with Curt at Team Tech. What a nice guy to talk to. We discussed my wants, concerns, and he gave me tips on proper wearing of the belts. Conclusion of this part of the story is, he is going to ship out two new submarine strap assemblies in the same colors tomorrow for dirt cheap. He would have taken mine back and altered them for even less, but since I am in Canada, I asked just to make new ones rather than deal with 2 border crossings. What a pleasure to deal with.

He also showed me the trick to removing the cam-lock from the sub strap assembly, so that I can reuse what I already have.

By the way, once you see and feel the weight of these harnesses, they start to look like a real bargain. The quality is really top shelf.

Rapidrezults
08-03-2015, 02:49 PM
Update:

Just got off the phone with Curt at Team Tech. What a nice guy to talk to. We discussed my wants, concerns, and he gave me tips on proper wearing of the belts. Conclusion of this part of the story is, he is going to ship out two new submarine strap assemblies in the same colors tomorrow for dirt cheap. He would have taken mine back and altered them for even less, but since I am in Canada, I asked just to make new ones rather than deal with 2 border crossings. What a pleasure to deal with.

He also showed me the trick to removing the cam-lock from the sub strap assembly, so that I can reuse what I already have.

By the way, once you see and feel the weight of these harnesses, they start to look like a real bargain. The quality is really top shelf.

Glad to hear it worked out. Curt is awesome to deal with!

darbgnik
08-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Glad to hear it worked out. Curt is awesome to deal with!

Ya man, it was awesome talking to him. He told me a few stories as well, like when he helped the Dodge engineers decide where to put both sets of pass throughs in the new seats. He also seemed genuinely surprised that he's the go to name in harnesses for Viper guys. I said I didn't shop around, just went straight Team Tech, but why wouldn't I? I mean, they've always worked with Dodge on the Comp Coupes, ACR-X etc.

And thank you Chris, for answering all my questions while you're out of the country. Much appreciated!

TexasTonka
08-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Great thread! So no one has an issue with the double adjustable shoulder belts?

Russ Oasis
08-09-2015, 10:32 AM
Curt Tucker is the best. He really gets it, and will custom make belts the way you want them for your specific car. I've always used ONLY Team Tech belts.

TexasTonka
08-09-2015, 11:03 AM
Curt Tucker is the best. He really gets it, and will custom make belts the way you want them for your specific car. I've always used ONLY Team Tech belts.

Agreed. I'm working with Curt now on my TA2.0, the eye bolts do not work so he sent me some bolt in plates for the lap belts. I have heard from some the double adjustable shoulder straps rattle and eat up the seats.

VENOM V
08-09-2015, 11:15 AM
Agreed. I'm working with Curt now on my TA2.0, the eye bolts do not work so he sent me some bolt in plates for the lap belts. I have heard from some the double adjustable shoulder straps rattle and eat up the seats.

No issues with the double adjustable shoulder straps. Not sure why someone had an issue with eating the seats, as the metal on the adjusters doesn't even touch the seats when you are strapped in. I suppose it could with someone taller than me with the seat moved back more, but it doesn't look like it would. And I pull the shoulder straps out when not at the track, super easy clip-on clip-off.

Rapidrezults
08-09-2015, 12:15 PM

My passenger seat shoulder belts rattle behind the seat because I leave it all the way back. I move it a little forward when no one is riding.

Rapidrezults
08-12-2015, 10:03 AM
It is confirmed. The double adjustable (ASR) shoulder belts will start to eat up the back of the seat ONLY if you are a person that requires the seat to be all the way back when driving. If you are a 'larger' person who requires a seat lowering kit or the seat to be fully extended back, I would highly suggest getting the regular RampPac shoulder belts.

I just took out my passenger side shoulder belts and inspected the back of the seat. I am already starting to see subtle signs of wear and I have only had these new ASR belts in for one track day and maybe one or two passengers. Again, I keep the seat all the way back, mostly because of the fire extinguisher mounted on the passenger side and to accommodate a variety of passengers.

If I were going to order all over again I would order the following:

Standard Rampac shoulder belts
ASR Sub belts
ASR lap belts

darbgnik
08-12-2015, 11:07 PM
This is what I ended up with by default, having the ASR double adjustable sub belts show up afterward......... I unknowingly started with RamPack harnesses, and upgraded the sub straps after I got them.

By the way, as mentioned in other threads, the sub strap bar won't work with the seat lowering kit, after looking into lap belt bolt in brackets onto the rear seat mounting points, this wouldn't work either, as they had to be turned 90 degrees from the direction of pull. So I ended up anchoring them to the factory support bar on the seat, maybe not ideal, but better than nothing.

BTW, I talked to Curt at Teamtech about this possible scenario, and he had mentioned that bar was up for original consideration, but still had to be tested for strength. I hope I never test it, but in reality, I(and the seat) am still held in by the lap and shoulder belts.

TexasTonka
08-13-2015, 07:01 AM
This is what I ended up with by default, having the ASR double adjustable sub belts show up afterward......... I unknowingly started with RamPack harnesses, and upgraded the sub straps after I got them.

By the way, as mentioned in other threads, the sub strap bar won't work with the seat lowering kit, after looking into lap belt bolt in brackets onto the rear seat mounting points, this wouldn't work either, as they had to be turned 90 degrees from the direction of pull. So I ended up anchoring them to the factory support bar on the seat, maybe not ideal, but better than nothing.

BTW, I talked to Curt at Teamtech about this possible scenario, and he had mentioned that bar was up for original consideration, but still had to be tested for strength. I hope I never test it, but in reality, I(and the seat) am still held in by the lap and shoulder belts.

What model do you have? I have a TA2.0 and the bar bolts right in behind the seat for the anti submarine straps. Using an ASR harness

darbgnik
08-13-2015, 01:12 PM
What model do you have? I have a TA2.0 and the bar bolts right in behind the seat for the anti submarine straps. Using an ASR harness
The antisubmarine strap bar wont fit with the seat lowering kit. It fits fine on the passenger side.

TexasTonka
08-14-2015, 07:12 AM
The antisubmarine strap bar wont fit with the seat lowering kit. It fits fine on the passenger side.
Fits fine on both sides of my TA with the seat lowering kit. Only thing I had to change was the eye bolts for the lap belts to the bolt in style lap belts. The rear bar fit fine but was a huge PITA to install. I had Viper Exchange install it for me, Morgan can install anything.

darbgnik
08-14-2015, 11:56 AM
I'll take your word for it.

I wonder what he used to tighten it down. A shallow socket wont go deep enough into the bracket, and a deep socket on a ratchet contacts the seat. We used a ratchet wrench on the seat itself.

TexasTonka
08-15-2015, 09:07 AM
I'll see if I can get Viper Exchange to post up some pics and tips to get that bar in.

wtknght1
12-19-2015, 08:55 AM
How much are these harnesses...and did you order them directly thru Curt?

VENOM V
12-19-2015, 03:18 PM
Yes I would order directly from Curt. I don't recall the price, it varies with options.

On options, ask Curt about lap belt mounting options. My 2013 GTS uses eye bolts to mount lap belts, with no interference in seat sliding foreward/backward. However with eye bolts in my ACR with it's manual seat, I have to raise the seat some before sliding it all the way back, or the seat interferes with the eye bolts. This doesn't bother me because I'm the only driver.

Last we talked, Curt was looking for a shoulder bolt mounting system for the lap belts that won't have this problem. I'm sticking with the eye bolts however, as they look very strong and I like them.

To sum it up, the eye bolts for your 2014 GTS with power seats should be fine with the eye bolts, I'd probably stick with those. If you try them and don't like them, you could look into shoulder bolts.

allans
12-19-2015, 08:48 PM
Thanks Leslie, sounds like you've had good luck with them too. The quality is top notch, just wish they'd come with instructions but I figured it out in the end. I plan outlining the step by step instructions so others will have it a little easier. Maybe after that, I'll see if they can get it in the how to section.

Please Post. Getting ready to install mine too. Best, Allan

darbgnik
12-19-2015, 08:52 PM
Please Post. Getting ready to install mine too. Best, Allan
If installing in an ACR with ACR interior, I would suggest getting the ASR harnesses with the bolt in lap belts as opposed to the eye bolts. Even those are a tight fit with the non power seats.

05Commemorative
12-19-2015, 08:53 PM
In process of installing mine. for lap belts, I am using the direct attach method (vs the eye-bolt/clip-on method). You do have to ask though during order as I first got the eye-bolt connectors. If direct connecting, you will be using the torx bolts already installed in the car.

Yes I would order directly from Curt. I don't recall the price, it varies with options.

On options, ask Curt about lap belt mounting options. My 2013 GTS uses eye bolts to mount lap belts, with no interference in seat sliding foreward/backward. However with eye bolts in my ACR with it's manual seat, I have to raise the seat some before sliding it all the way back, or the seat interferes with the eye bolts. This doesn't bother me because I'm the only driver.

Last we talked, Curt was looking for a shoulder bolt mounting system for the lap belts that won't have this problem. I'm sticking with the eye bolts however, as they look very strong and I like them.

To sum it up, the eye bolts for your 2014 GTS with power seats should be fine with the eye bolts, I'd probably stick with those. If you try them and don't like them, you could look into shoulder bolts.

mjorgensen
12-19-2015, 10:46 PM
TeamTech has been working on a design change for the rear lower bar that the 5/6 points wrap around. This bar will now (if you order it) have eyebolts attached to the bar ends so snap in lap belts will quickly attach and you no longer have to fish around for the hidden bolts under the carpet when you are installing harnesses or worry about the eyelets interfering with the seat.

Curt has been great working with me over the years and has always looked to better the systems and the attaching points based on information we have offered, definitely good people there at TeamTech, just another reason they are the ONLY harnesses Woodhouse Motorsports has ever offered to our clients.

Simms
12-20-2015, 10:10 AM
TeamTech has been working on a design change for the rear lower bar that the 5/6 points wrap around. This bar will now (if you order it) have eyebolts attached to the bar ends so snap in lap belts will quickly attach and you no longer have to fish around for the hidden bolts under the carpet when you are installing harnesses or worry about the eyelets interfering with the seat.

Curt has been great working with me over the years and has always looked to better the systems and the attaching points based on information we have offered, definitely good people there at TeamTech, just another reason they are the ONLY harnesses Woodhouse Motorsports has ever offered to our clients.

That sounds great! Anything to make it easier is a PLUS!

1ststrike
12-20-2015, 07:19 PM
Love the matching accents on the seat belts. Perfect match to the seats.

darbgnik
12-20-2015, 10:05 PM
Love the matching accents on the seat belts. Perfect match to the seats.

I went with accents that matched the exterior, Teamtech makes a great product.

PTP
01-05-2016, 08:35 AM
It is confirmed. The double adjustable (ASR) shoulder belts will start to eat up the back of the seat ONLY if you are a person that requires the seat to be all the way back when driving. If you are a 'larger' person who requires a seat lowering kit or the seat to be fully extended back, I would highly suggest getting the regular RampPac shoulder belts.

I just took out my passenger side shoulder belts and inspected the back of the seat. I am already starting to see subtle signs of wear and I have only had these new ASR belts in for one track day and maybe one or two passengers. Again, I keep the seat all the way back, mostly because of the fire extinguisher mounted on the passenger side and to accommodate a variety of passengers.

If I were going to order all over again I would order the following:

Standard Rampac shoulder belts
ASR Sub belts
ASR lap belts

I'm trying to figure out the differences between the ASR and Rampac based on pictures but it isn't immediately obvious to me what those differences are. I am installing the lowering kit and will be using a HANS. What is the difference between the different belts?

TexasTonka
01-06-2016, 09:12 AM
I went with full ASR harness and I am 6'1 270lbs in a TA2.0 with seat lowering kit. Could not be happier. Have the same harness in my 09 ACR with 1" seat drop.

I did have to use the bolt in lap belts not the eyebolts, just not enough room.

PTP
01-06-2016, 10:39 AM
I went with full ASR harness and I am 6'1 270lbs in a TA2.0 with seat lowering kit. Could not be happier. Have the same harness in my 09 ACR with 1" seat drop.

I did have to use the bolt in lap belts not the eyebolts, just not enough room.

Great, thanks for the info.

mjorgensen
01-06-2016, 10:53 AM
The ASR harnesses have an extra adjustment for length built into the shoulder and sub straps that make in car adjustment easier if moving the seat for multiple drivers. TeamTech make a great product and is all we offer at Woodhouse Motorsports.

GTR>Viper
04-15-2016, 03:21 PM
The Viper tech said he wouldn't install the harness because it's a liability to do so without instructions. The shop is mod friendly, so I think he just doesn't know how to do it and his manager told him to say that lol. Do you guys think he would be able to figure it out from this thread? (i don't have the parts or car nearby) This is all i could find as far as instructions go, which is surprising considering this is a "Viper specific" harness.

VENOM V
04-15-2016, 03:45 PM
GTR>Viper, the installation process has changed slightly as they've improved the design. Now it is easier. The bar that bolts to the rear seat studs now supports the lap belts in addition to the submarine belts. The new bar has holes at the ends to accept eye bolts, which your lap belts clip to.

I think it's easy enough that they should be able to do it, or you, provided you understand how to secure the submarine belts around the bar, through the buckle and then back. It's kind of like tying a knot, you want to make sure you do it correctly so you don't end up with a granny!

Simms
04-15-2016, 08:01 PM
The newest design is the easiest harness install I've done in a viper.

TexasTonka
04-16-2016, 08:36 AM
Anyone have pictures of the new design? Is it easy to remove the lap belts when not in use? I had one of the first ones for a GenV and used bolt in lap belts but with the seat lowering kit it is still tight and can't remove them. If the new design slows for easy in and out removal and less interference with the seat I may be interested.

JasonSSG
06-14-2016, 01:48 AM
Was looking to install a full ASR harness in my 2009. Is there install instructions and do I have to worry about the harness causing any damage to the seat and doors?

Dr.Ron
06-25-2016, 11:54 AM
Where do the eyebolts for the shoulder harnesses go? I have a 2014 GTS. I pulled out the piece that says "harness" on it, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to screw them into other then simply just through the plastic felt material that has 2 gromets and the elongated holes. That can't be where they get secured to, can it??

A pic would help if possible!

Thanks!

Ron

mjorgensen
06-25-2016, 11:56 AM
Where do the eyebolts for the shoulder harnesses go? I have a 2014 GTS. I pulled out the piece that says "harness" on it, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to screw them into other then simply just through the plastic felt material that has 2 gromets and the elongated holes. That can't be where they get secured to, can it??

A pic would help if possible!

Thanks!

Ron

Remove tape and thread in.

Dr.Ron
06-25-2016, 01:10 PM
Got it! Thanks Mark!!

Ron

13COBRA
03-28-2017, 08:45 AM
Jon, Mark and Curt were all amazing help with my install.

The hardest part is just the lack of room to work with.

I'd install a Gen V intake again in a heartbeat before doing the harnesses haha

sadil
04-07-2020, 10:59 PM
Hey Team, I got myself a used Teamtech harness with their submariner bar in the back. I was wondering, when installing the upper straps to the factory provided threaded holes on the chassis, what size eye-bolt do I need? From what I was reading, a short 7/16-20 eye bolt should work? Can anyone confirm the exact size? Thanks. With all the harness discussion that has taken place, I have never seen the size of this bolt mentioned. Thanks!

jwalk
04-08-2020, 02:18 PM
42666Yes , the thread pitch is 7/16-20. The eye bolts that Curt -Teamtech has are quite a bit heavier than your average hardware eye bolt . I would suggest getting them from him.

13COBRA
04-08-2020, 03:39 PM
^^^ +1

FSTENUF
04-08-2020, 07:15 PM
On the street

On the track

ViperTony
05-19-2020, 04:13 PM
I installed the lowering kit, anti-sub bar/harness from TeamTech three years ago. Those of us with the seat lowering kit installed know how painful installing the sub bar can be. Long story short, 3 years later I decided to upgrade my stereo to the 18 speaker version. There was no way in hell I was going to able to get a sub behind my seat LOL without removing it. And...just thinking about trying to get to the two bolts (again) behind the seat made want to cry.

I stumbled across this write up (https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/26359-Gen-V-Seat-Cover-Removal-and-Replacement-Seat-Disassembly?p=411445&viewfull=1#post411445) and realized I could simply remove the seat back without removing the entire seat. And it worked. Easy. Even with my giant hands I was able to get to the seat hinges and remove the screws without much fuss. So happy. Made installing the subs easy. And since I have the seat out I decided to convert my sub belts to the ASR adjustable version.

Just posting this for future reference. Wish I realized this 3 years ago, would've saved me a lot of time and anguish. FYI.

q8blueviper
05-20-2020, 12:52 AM
Another red harness

Turla
08-12-2020, 07:39 AM
I've read all the threads I can find and the reason not to use ASR chest straps seems to be that is damages the seat if you have it all the way back. Are there other reasons not? I don't have my seat all the way back, so it seems that rampac chest straps would be fine. Conversely, is there a compelling reason to get the ASR chest straps. I'm trying to balance "damn I really should have got that" vs "there was no point in getting it", fully understanding there isn't a lot of price difference. Either way I'm planning to get ASR lap and anti-sub.

Turla
08-12-2020, 02:26 PM
Talked with Curt today and ended up ordering a complete ASR since they had one in stock. i'll post a picture when i get it installed.

13COBRA
08-12-2020, 02:35 PM
Talked with Curt today and ended up ordering a complete ASR since they had one in stock. i'll post a picture when i get it installed.

If you need anti-sub bars, I have two TeamTech bars in a box, if you cover shipping I'd gladly send them your way.

EDIT: I'm on my 3rd or 4th harness from Curt, couldn't be happier.

sharmut
08-12-2020, 03:45 PM
I have 1 each of the ASR and Rampac harness. My preference is the ASR shoulder strap with the Rampac lap belt, which I find easier access to the adjustment buckle.

JonB ~ PartsRack
08-12-2020, 05:50 PM
Dang..... too late to the party......... been supplying TT harnesses since 1998......brought Curt to JohnF for the VCC setup. The rest is Viper Harness Hissstory

Turla
08-12-2020, 07:15 PM
I have 1 each of the ASR and Rampac harness. My preference is the ASR shoulder strap with the Rampac lap belt, which I find easier access to the adjustment buckle.

Thanks for the response. I'll consider that, when I undoubtably buy another harness.

Turla
08-12-2020, 07:18 PM
If you need anti-sub bars, I have two TeamTech bars in a box, if you cover shipping I'd gladly send them your way.

EDIT: I'm on my 3rd or 4th harness from Curt, couldn't be happier.

I got the sub bar as well, but will PM you about a second one since the passenger side is probably getting a harness as well.

13COBRA
08-13-2020, 07:48 AM
I got the sub bar as well, but will PM you about a second one since the passenger side is probably getting a harness as well.

Sounds good.