PDA

View Full Version : Dealer with Big Dollars Off MSRP on our 2013 GTS Models

Tomball-Dodge
12-18-2013, 10:40 AM
We have a great stock of cars and am looking to move our over stock of 13's GTS cars. Please email us at bernie@tomballdodge.com . Great colors and options call or email we want your trades, send us an email. Financing available , great colors, great options, and the most important great prices........281-865-1683

FLATOUT
12-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Doesn't get any better than deailing with Bernie and Tomball. He even helped me pick up a new Grand Cherokee the other day. If anyone is interested in buying a car from Tomball and wants a VOA guy to swing by I drive past them every morning and can check it out for you.

Andy

ACRucrazy
12-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Doesn't get any better than deailing with Bernie and Tomball. He even helped me pick up a new Grand Cherokee the other day. If anyone is interested in buying a car from Tomball and wants a VOA guy to swing by I drive past them every morning and can check it out for you.

Andy

Man that would be rough. I would probably want to buy a new Viper every morning lol.

The_Greg
12-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Man that would be rough. I would probably want to buy a new Viper every morning lol.

Especially with some of the really special ones that go through them!

FLATOUT
12-18-2013, 09:21 PM

I do and I'm sure at some point I'll pick up a Gen V.

JonSav
12-19-2013, 05:36 AM
Can you sell those to Canadians now?

canadian viper
12-19-2013, 06:58 AM

sell to canadians???? not

slitherv10
12-19-2013, 07:42 AM

Im sure there should be a way around it. Maybe make it a demo, if that qualifies. Otherwise it has always been the fact that new cars cannot come over. Only used. Not sure about demos though. Maybe one of the dealers can chime in and confirm.
On that note though. There are some dealers here that are giving them away as well. Cooksville Chrysler has a nice 2013 black GTS for 116,800 and a 2013 SRT for 102,000. Not bad really. Considering the shipping and paper work and the fact that when you want to sell it here in Canada with a USA badge on it, it will fetch less money. Don't ask me why, but they do. I'm sure it is the same there with a Canadian car getting less than a US. Another thing too consider here right now is the currency exchange rate which is widening more and more each day favoring you guys in the US. Pretty soon you will be able to buy one of our cars here for cheap with your dollars strength.

Nine Ball
12-19-2013, 07:45 AM
You Canadians can buy pre-owned ones no problem, correct? Is it a tax/import thing? He has this one available. http://viperexchange.com/2013-new-srt-viper-gts-blue-for-sale-launch-edition-0005.php

mjorgensen
12-19-2013, 08:55 AM
I believe that the cars need to be sold and licensed in the US for at least 6 months to be considered a "used" car.

RedTanRT/10
12-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Bernie, sounds like from you, and looks like on ebay, santa came early with some 2013 dealer cash. good selling!

slitherv10
12-19-2013, 02:48 PM
You Canadians can buy pre-owned ones no problem, correct? Is it a tax/import thing? He has this one available. http://viperexchange.com/2013-new-srt-viper-gts-blue-for-sale-launch-edition-0005.php

Shoot!! If he takes both of mine on an even trade....hmm....maybe I will.

I believe that the cars need to be sold and licensed in the US for at least 6 months to be considered a "used" car.

Is that a fact!...If so...might be worth the wait till spring and pick up one in California, Texas or Florida where hey are driven all year round and designated a "used car" by then. Again the issue is where the Canadian dollar is headed. Looks like it is headed back to reality in the mid 70s and that will damper the cross boarder shopping from our end anyways.

Thanks for the info.

Viper Girl
12-19-2013, 03:06 PM
SPECIAL LIMITED TIME OFFER FOR CANADIANS!

I will personally keep your new car at my home here in CA, California that is... For 6 months then release it to you as a "Used" car, with all paperwork.

I know, I know you are saying how much is Viper Girl gonna charge for this incredible service? Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a free service when you become a VOA Member! provided by your very own VOA moderating staff!

I do hereby guarantee that PlumCrazy won't be allowed to get near your New... um... "used" Viper...

Step right up, spaces are going fast!

plumcrazy
12-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Not only will i out do viper girls offer, i will up the offer and give you a BRAND new set of tires after the 6 month trial period, um i mean storage period. THAT IS A $2000 VALUE

Offer only valid on the first GenV car put into storage

slitherv10
12-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Ill go for that...now all you guys have to do is buy the Blue Launch edition I want, register it under your name and address, put some miles on it, keep it for 6 months and I will buy it off you for 15000 less as it is a used car at that point.
You know what, Ill buy it off you for 13000 less than the drop in value, hows that for a deal...that's 2000 more in your pocket.

So, who is the lucky winner here, Viper Girl or Plum??

Viper Girl
12-19-2013, 05:09 PM
I'd say Plum wins that one.

NEXT!

Nine Ball
12-19-2013, 08:43 PM
Haha, we Viper owners try our best to help others :)

That blue/white Launch Edition is older than 6 months, it was picked up in April 2013. Perfect car for Canadians. Come to think of it, mine is older than 6 months, too.

JonSav
12-20-2013, 04:22 AM

Was just curious because I cancelled my gen5 due to extremely poor service from chrysler canada. No problem with the dealership itself but the guys higher up. I'm never buying another chrysler product in Canada. Guess I'll just wait for Policy Limit's car :P

Policy Limits
12-20-2013, 07:24 AM
The wait might not be long. Look at what I just got invited to :

Nine Ball
12-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Is it a V10 engine unveiling, or the new Huracan (Gallardo replacement)?

Policy Limits
12-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Replacement model; will take a nice video. :)

Mamba52
12-20-2013, 08:37 AM
I love that car!!!!! Are you going to buy the new Lambo Policy. I was looking at one back in 2011. My wife found the business card in my truck and wasn't happy. How in the hell do wife's find that kind of stuff LOL. Purchased a 37 foot Searay boat instead. One of these days.

Policy Limits
12-20-2013, 09:20 AM
We'll see; per the leaks it looks like a baby aventador in front (winning), murcielago inspired side vents which I love, and a Sesto elemento rear which I think is only so so.

A lot new under the skin too; dual clutch transmission, which should be a big improvement from the e gear I had in my 2007 model, new nav, push to start like aventador(firsts for Lamborghini) and digital dash with engine upped to 610 HP; and did I mention awd? Another negative is the spyder is likely a year or two out.

Also lets see what the premium is; on the aventador the mark up was 100k and they sold out before they were made lol

JonSav
12-20-2013, 07:29 PM
just got the unveiling invite for dallas .. What date is yours in boston?

Policy Limits
12-20-2013, 08:04 PM
No date or time yet but i RSVP'ED when is TX doing it?

They've been pretty tight lipped about the model in general. I've been in touch with Valentino Balboni a few times in the past couple years about it and his lips were sealed.

What's MSRP? 1/4 mill?

ViperSmith
12-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Personally, the new Lambo doesn't do enough for me. Sexy, but for some reason lacks the emotion I expect a Lambo to give me.

I am sure it will be fast as hell though.

Policy Limits
12-20-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm gonna reserve final judgment on the car until I experience it in first person.

That was the fair way to judge the gen V too since it doesn't photograph half as well as it looks in first person.

ViperSmith
12-20-2013, 09:15 PM
I'm gonna reserve final judgment on the car until I experience it in first person.

That was the fair way to judge the gen V too since it doesn't photograph half as well as it looks in first person.

True enough. Is the hexagon-whatever something different?

Nine Ball
12-21-2013, 06:38 AM
Started a new thread on the Lambo, so this thread could remain about selling Vipers. LOL

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/1189-Lamborghini-Huracan-Unveiled?p=16400#post16400

Tony

JonSav
12-21-2013, 06:56 AM
dallas dates are feb 13-14 morning/afternoon viewing

FLATOUT
12-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Started a new thread on the Lambo, so this thread could remain about selling Vipers. LOL

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/1189-Lamborghini-Huracan-Unveiled?p=16400#post16400

Tony

Thanks if I wanted to look at Lambos I would go to the other rides section or Lambopower.

Policy Limits
12-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Sorry to get off track. Back on : I've seen more than one new 13 GTS at more than one dealer listed in the one hundred teens.

I've also seen SRT base ones as above in the 90's.

At this rate pre owned ones are gonna be a steal next season

Tomball-Dodge
12-21-2013, 07:36 PM
Based on Chrysler Golden Rule Book the cars have to be registered and remain in the states for 6 months and then can be shipped. I have the Blue and White car that can go now it's pre-owned, but please keep in mind the warranty does not follow the car to Canada. Lot's of cars on the ground and lots more cars incoming.

J TNT
12-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Chrysler Will Not Warranty a New or Used Vehicle , when Brought from USA TO Canada , even if it is Manufactured in CANADA ! It is Strictly a Chrysler THING ! Customs and Federal /Provincial Government have No Say in this Policy . Caveat Emptor . Other manufactures do warranty in these situations ! Wish they would change this Bad policy . :(:(:confused:

Chorps
12-22-2013, 01:25 AM
Chrysler Will Not Warranty a New or Used Vehicle , when Brought from USA TO Canada , even if it is Manufactured in CANADA ! It is Strictly a Chrysler THING ! Customs and Federal /Provincial Government have No Say in this Policy . Caveat Emptor . Other manufactures do warranty in these situations ! Wish they would change this Bad policy . :(:(:confused:

+1. Bad policy and it is a Chrysler thing, other manufacturers have restrictive policies too but Chrysler is one of the worst by voiding the warranty entirely. GM embargoes warranty until the 6 month mark has passed and 12,000 miles before they will honour the warranty for a US car brought into Canada. I think Ford has no restrictions.

Viktimize
12-22-2013, 02:08 PM

Being that this is illegal, I wonder how they get away with this? They must be just denying warranties and hoping someone rich who lives by certain principles doesn't sue them for it?

slitherv10
12-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Being that this is illegal, I wonder how they get away with this? They must be just denying warranties and hoping someone rich who lives by certain principles doesn't sue them for it?

So, if I buy a new car from the states, put it under someones name in the states and drive it here with US plates and take it to a Canadian dealer to service it under warranty, they won't or will?

Viktimize
12-22-2013, 06:15 PM
So, if I buy a new car from the states, put it under someones name in the states and drive it here with US plates and take it to a Canadian dealer to service it under warranty, they won't or will?

Guys here now are saying that Chrysler will not honor warranty on either new or used vehicles bought from the states. You can pay them to have it serviced all you want, nobody will turn that away. I'm just surprised they can actually deny you warranty when it is against the law to do so.

ViperSmith
12-22-2013, 06:56 PM

Your best bet would be opening an LLC in the US and registering it under that. Then simply just take it to the states to be serviced.

Policy Limits
12-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Oh boy...the Lawyer in me is cringing...staying outta this one...

slitherv10
12-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Your best bet would be opening an LLC in the US and registering it under that. Then simply just take it to the states to be serviced.

The idea here was for me to get it serviced in Canada somehow.

ViperSmith
12-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Hey, never said any of it was a good idea :)

Thats what your own legal council is for :)

Rizzo
12-22-2013, 10:39 PM
The only one that cant sell you a new car is a dealer. If you have a buddy down there that can buy the car for you and he registers it he can sell it the next day to whoever the hell he wants. So... You need to find a buddy in Montana. No sales tax. He sells it to you and you bring it in to Canada. But like others have said. No warranty. Also. You can not be a Canadian and bring a car in to Canada from the US. Even if you own property down there and the car is registered to you. If they catch you with a US plate on at the border they will turn you back. Honda Acura also voids warranty for any new or used car imported to Canada.

J TNT
12-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Just a heads up , other Manufacterers Honour thier Warranty across the Border . So Much for the Free Trade Agreement !?!?!? :United_States::Canada:

mnc2886
12-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Just a heads up , other Manufacterers Honour thier Warranty across the Border . So Much for the Free Trade Agreement !?!?!? :United_States::Canada:
Just seems like nonsensical lost opportunity doesn't it? Are we sure the Canadian dealers didn't lobby for this? I just can't see why Chrsyler wouldn't want sales like this.

Viktimize
12-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Just seems like nonsensical lost opportunity doesn't it? Are we sure the Canadian dealers didn't lobby for this? I just can't see why Chrsyler wouldn't want sales like this.

This nonsense all started years ago when there was such a price disparity between the US and Canada, Canadian dealers were losing out huge on sales because people could go get the same vehicle for 30k less in the states. Now that MSRP's are evend out a lot more, I don't see what the issue still is? On a car like the Viper I could understand it, because the dealers here just can't compete with the amount of volume available down there which opens up discounts. But Vipers account for such a small volume of sales that it's not like dealers are really losing out on sales here in Canada any more in the big scheme of things.

Viktimize
12-23-2013, 09:33 PM

What are you cringing about? Is there a part of the picture I am missing? The law on this stuff seemed pretty cut and dry to me when I read it, but I'm not a lawyer so maybe I missed something? From what I read it seemed like the law says that a manufacturer has to honor warranty as long as there is no aftermarket issue causing a problem, and makes no mention of what country the car was purchased in.

This situation is pretty much the number one factor keeping me on the fence and out of a Gen5 Viper right now. So I'm very interested to have any and all information I can get about it.

Chorps
12-24-2013, 12:20 AM
This nonsense all started years ago when there was such a price disparity between the US and Canada, Canadian dealers were losing out huge on sales because people could go get the same vehicle for 30k less in the states. Now that MSRP's are evend out a lot more, I don't see what the issue still is? On a car like the Viper I could understand it, because the dealers here just can't compete with the amount of volume available down there which opens up discounts. But Vipers account for such a small volume of sales that it's not like dealers are really losing out on sales here in Canada any more in the big scheme of things.

It goes way further back than that, but it was the other way around. The Canadian dollar used to be 62 cents to the US dollar, so Americans would be buying Canadian cars to bring back across the border. This led lots of rumours to be spread about Canadian cars being manufactured to an inferior standard to keep Americans from going across to Canada to buy.

With the Canadian dollar being near parity now, the situation has reversed because the greedy Canadian dealers and manufacturers aren't lowering their prices to the current exchange rate (in many cases). This is especially true of the 'luxury' car brands. Porsche and MB can be very high.

In both cases, the dealers have a lot of power over the manufacturer and even have a strong lobbying contingent in both countries (just look at Tesla's battles). No dealer wants to lose a sale to another country so they push the manufacturer to put up anti-competitive barriers to prevent smart shoppers from getting a fair deal.

Everyone knows its a kick in the teeth to the consumer (and may not survive a legal challenge) but as long as the public puts up with it they'll keep abusing their privilege. Business as usual, take your hard earned dollars to a different vendor if it matters to you.

The only saving grace for Chrysler and the Viper is that the pricing differential isn't outrageous, so it's less egregious.

Viktimize
12-31-2013, 09:53 AM
Have any fellow Canadians looked into, or previously used an aftermarket warranty when importing a car? Just thinking if that might be worth it?

Ohiotj
12-31-2013, 11:04 AM
I heard of people buying in the USA and taking to Cananda. Then driving it back into the states for service. Not sure if they can still do that however.

FLATOUT
12-31-2013, 11:15 AM
My offer still stands to check out any of these cars for you guys If you want an extra set of eyes on something you're interested in.

Cdubb
12-31-2013, 11:16 AM

Very well taken care of LE! :)

Policy Limits
12-31-2013, 08:02 PM
Here's a TA at a dealer in FL listed for only $114k. Wow

Chorps
01-01-2014, 03:58 PM
I heard of people buying in the USA and taking to Cananda. Then driving it back into the states for service. Not sure if they can still do that however.

Don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's Chrysler Canada that won't honour the U.S. car's warranty. US Chrysler dealers and Chrysler USA shouldn't have any beef with any warranty work that was needed because the car was exported, as long as it was sold properly and paperwork registered in the state where it was purchased new. The only problem with that is that US dealers get in trouble for selling new cars to Canadians, afaik.