PDA

View Full Version : VIPER TRACKS 2 February 20-21, 2016

1HOTV10
11-22-2015, 08:30 PM
VIPER TRACKS 2

"After months of planning, we are very excited to present Viper Tracks 2 !!! Like Viper Tracks at Buttonwillow Raceway earlier this year, this event is 100% planned and run by enthusiastic Viper owners for the enjoyment of all Viper owners. What makes Viper Tracks 2 so much better is the support that we are getting from Fiat Chrysler America. We are teaming with them as a primary sponsor to host not just a track weekend, but also integrate a Car Control Clinic that is ideal for the novice that has no desire to be out on track."

Scott and Lance, SoCal
Todd and Rich, NorCal

Here are some of the highlights for the event:

VIPER TRACKS 2
Chuckwalla Valley Raceway
February 20 - 21 , 2016

A Viper exclusive driving event open to ALL Dodge Viper Owners
Viper specific driver education
Four different run groups: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Race
4 track sessions on each day
In car instructors for all beginner group drivers
Car Control Clinic and Auto-x for those who do not wish to go out on track
Dinner banquet Saturday night at our host hotel. Breakfast and lunch at the track both days included.
Fiat Chrysler America / SRT sponsored ride alongs, demo cars, round table tech sessions and special guests to be announced
http://goracecvr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Phase-1-GP-Track-Map-3.pdf

Host Hotel

Desert Princess Resort
67967 Vista Chino
Cathedral City, CA 92234
760-322-7000
http://www.desertprincessgolfresort.com

We selected a beautiful golf resort in Palm Desert which has just been completely renovated
There are a wide variety of things to see and do in the Palm Desert area: Living Desert Zoo & Gardens - Palm Springs Aerial Tramway - Annenberg Theatre - Palm Springs Walk of Stars - Red Jeep Tours - Shields Date Farm - Wet 'n' Wild - Joshua Tree National Park - Cabazon premium Outlets - Palm Springs Air Museum - El Paseo Shopping & Art District - Empire Polo Grounds - Children's Discovery Museum - Indian Wells Tennis Garden
They are also offering special discounts to Viper Tracks attendees on golf and spa services.
This is prime season and room rates are generally $300/night but we secured an initial block for just $189/night Call reservations at 800-433-0431 and tell them you are with Viper Tracks to get this great rate. To secure your Viper Tracks special rate book your room early.

Cost is $425.00 which includes track time, auto-x, rides with the hot shoe FCA driver on the track and auto-x, breakfast and lunch at the track both Saturday and Sunday and the Saturday night banquet at the host hotel. If you would like to add a guest, the cost is $75.00.
Bring out the family and take advantage of the great room rates and explore what Palm Springs has to offer. After December 31st VT2 rate will increase to $499.00

We strongly encourage you to sign up early so we can finalize and secure the contracts with the track and hotel.

Here is a quick link to our registration page: http://www.vipertracks.com/?page_id=104

For more information on the event, here is a link to the webpage: www.vipertracks.com
or visit us on Facebook and let us know what you want: https://www.facebook.com/vipertracks

* This is not a Southern California Viper Club / VOA sponsored event

Attending:

Scott H.
Lance K.
Ben K.
Glenn I.
Mike B.
Jim K.
Jeff A.
Steve D
Allen B.
Al O.
Brent K.
Phil E.
Randy B
Mike M.
Peter H.
Rich E.
Ryan B.
Todd S.
John W
Eddie R
Rich L.
Chuck G
Peter M
Carl A
Debbie R
Lon H
Jim M
Larry G
Chris H
David S.
Bruce L.
Cable R.
Andy H.
Nino V.
Juan V.
Jay M.
Randy T
Andy W
Mike F
Eddie M
Vineet V
Denis V
Akemi F
Raj C
Erik M
Justin F
Douglas H
Loyde I
Gary C
Gerald C
Jerry J
Slade S
James R
Anthony M
Austin M
Michael S
George M
Mark C
Paul T
Mike B
Kevin V
Kent T
Paul K
Mike G
Chris N
Dan M

1HOTV10
11-22-2015, 08:44 PM
I'm all signed up... Can't wait :cool:

allans
11-22-2015, 09:05 PM
Now that is a GREAT deal. Best, Allan

Banzai88
12-01-2015, 01:31 PM
I'm registered for the event but the hotel block is not open yet, they said this week sometime.
Thanks for putting this together Scott and Lance!
Please come out and support this event so they will continue to have them! :drive::D

catwood
12-11-2015, 02:26 PM
In, can we drop off trailers on Friday night?

Nemesis
12-12-2015, 06:04 PM
What if we plan on staying at the track instead of the hotel?

speedtactics
12-15-2015, 03:06 PM

You can stay at the track. Please check with Chuckwalla Valley Raceway for RV camping. Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, 25300 Rice Rd., Desert Center,CA 92239 Phone:760-227-3100
They have some restrictions for camping.

speedtactics
12-15-2015, 03:07 PM
In, can we drop off trailers on Friday night?
Carl,
Yes you can drop off on Friday afternoon. Be aware the track closes at 5 pm. So be sure to drop off before that.
We have put together a FAQ page here: http://www.vipertracks.com/?page_id=215

speedtactics
12-15-2015, 03:09 PM
Hotel block is filling up fast so don't delay on securing your room. Viper Tracks Host Hotel: Desert Princess Resort. http://www.desertprincessgolfresort.com ADDRESS: 67967 Vista Chino, Cathedral City, California 92234 PHONE : 760-322-7000

rw99
12-15-2015, 03:55 PM
We really do have a venue suited to every Viper driver, without compromising quality track time for serious track rats. There's great support from FCA. And it's two days of 100% Viper brotherhood at the track. What's better than that???

Looking forward to seeing our Viper Tracks I attendees again; for those of you that missed it, here's your chance to join us.

Nemesis
12-15-2015, 06:50 PM
I used to race at Chuck so I know Mickey and the crew. Is there a track price difference if you aren't participating in the hotel/events?

Arizona Vipers
12-15-2015, 08:43 PM
I'm in. I would be bringing my wife and two sons. How do I pay for extra meals for them etc?

Dan Cragin
12-15-2015, 10:10 PM
Folks, this is going to be an amazing event. Vipers of all Gen's, Comp Coupes, Viper Racing League cars from years past, ACRX's, Corporate Hellcats's and SRT's, maybe even a GTSR. This event has great factory support and vendor sponsors.

Not only will this give any Viper owner a chance to drive on the track, in a controlled environment, but it will give everyone time to participate in the Viper community experience, make friends and contacts. Its all about our passion for our car culture, community and lifestyle.

speedtactics
12-15-2015, 10:16 PM
I used to race at Chuck so I know Mickey and the crew. Is there a track price difference if you aren't participating in the hotel/events?

There is only one price for the event $425 includes the track event and all the meals.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in. I would be bringing my wife and two sons. How do I pay for extra meals for them etc?

There are options to buy extra meals for the track and banquet dinners as well.

Arizona Vipers
12-15-2015, 11:15 PM
There are options to buy extra meals for the track and banquet dinners as well.

I found them on the registration page! All signed up! Thanks for putting this event on to all that were involved!

speedtactics
12-17-2015, 03:45 PM
I found them on the registration page! All signed up! Thanks for putting this event on to all that were involved!
Great! Looking forward to seeing all these Vipers out in the desert!

fuggles
01-21-2016, 12:23 AM
I'm in. Just under the wire. :)

rw99
01-22-2016, 01:53 PM

Yeah, buddy!

01-22-2016, 02:56 PM
Do the RT/10s need and internal rollbar?

Nemesis
01-22-2016, 08:23 PM
Where are they setting up the auto cross course?

speedtactics
01-28-2016, 12:14 PM

For those who still want to attend the deadline has been extended to February 5th.

- - - Updated - - -

The auto cross course would be set up in half of the Chuckwalla parking lot

speedtactics
01-28-2016, 12:17 PM
Do the RT/10s need and internal rollbar?

RT10 with a top on them are good to run the event.
See the FAQ page:http://www.vipertracks.com/?page_id=215

speedtactics
01-28-2016, 12:20 PM

The price includes everything.All your meals at the track and the banquet dinner. There is no option to only pay for track. Chuckwalla does not have concessions so all the food is being catered into the track for Breakfast and Lunch. The Dinner on Saturday night is an event you will not want to miss, lots of fun and SRT/Dodge and Viper people to mingle with.

Arizona Vipers
02-15-2016, 04:21 PM
You mentioned the gates close Friday at 5PM. Will they be open the whole day before that? I plan on dropping trailer off around 2PM, would that be ok?

1HOTV10
02-16-2016, 02:50 PM
Chuckwalla Raceway says noon is the earliest. See you there!

Nemesis
02-16-2016, 09:33 PM
Who is staying at the track? Are there going to be some others glamping?

Nemesis
02-16-2016, 09:43 PM
Will there be any services available at the track? i.e. tire mount and balance?

Arizona Vipers
02-16-2016, 11:14 PM
Will fuel be available for sale like most events?

Nemesis
02-17-2016, 11:43 AM
Chuck historically has had pull up lumps that you pump your own gas at. Not cheap but they were there. Not sure if something changed otherwise we are SOL..

fuggles
02-17-2016, 12:48 PM
According to the event information sheet there will be fuel and prepare your wallet lol. No other services were mentioned.

rw99
02-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Registered drivers, you should have the up-to-date email in your inbox that answers most (if not all) of your questions.

Please post up here, or PM me, if you HAVE NOT received the email; subject line reads "Viper Tracks important weekend information, Please read and print."

In short: gas, yes, but expensive. Friday drop-off in the paddock: not before 4 PM.

See you there! And don't forget your sunscreen :cool:

Arizona Vipers
02-17-2016, 03:52 PM
The trailer area looks really small... Are we going to have room for everyone with trailers? I've got a 30 footer.
And to confirm, drop off time is just a one hour period, from 4PM to 5PM?

Nemesis
02-17-2016, 05:49 PM
The document doesn't speak to whether there will be any tire changing vendors on site for the event.. Will there be? ACR eats fronts fast.

Registered drivers, you should have the up-to-date email in your inbox that answers most (if not all) of your questions.

Please post up here, or PM me, if you HAVE NOT received the email; subject line reads "Viper Tracks important weekend information, Please read and print."

In short: gas, yes, but expensive. Friday drop-off in the paddock: not before 4 PM.

See you there! And don't forget your sunscreen :cool:

Nemesis
02-17-2016, 05:50 PM
What they have allocated for trailer parking is pretty small. I'll be almost 80" long and camping out there. The way it currently looks organized is going to make it very difficult to leave early if trailers/campers are stacked on top of each other.

The trailer area looks really small... Are we going to have room for everyone with trailers? I've got a 30 footer.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a count of how many are camping at Chuck vs staying at the hotel?

catwood
02-17-2016, 06:13 PM
Randy and I will each have motorhomes with trailers. So that's two. Another guys said he was also getting one but I didn't hear if he did or not.

speedtactics
02-17-2016, 09:20 PM
Drop off time is anytime after 4pm until track closes it's gates at 9pm

speedtactics
02-17-2016, 09:22 PM
Yes, Fuel is available at the track. Super is $8.99 a gallon, Race gas is $9.99 per gallon.

speedtactics
02-17-2016, 09:23 PM
Will there be any services available at the track? i.e. tire mount and balance?
At this time I am not aware of any additional services at the track other than gas.

speedtactics
02-17-2016, 09:28 PM
Trailer parking is very limited. We will do our best to accommodate everyone. If you do not need to have your trailer or support rig in the paddock there is an overflow parking area right off the side that can be used and within walking distance. Understand this will be a very full event so please be helpful to your fellow Viper drivers . On paper everything looks small too.:t0135:

What they have allocated for trailer parking is pretty small. I'll be almost 80" long and camping out there. The way it currently looks organized is going to make it very difficult to leave early if trailers/campers are stacked on top of each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a count of how many are camping at Chuck vs staying at the hotel?

speedtactics
02-17-2016, 09:31 PM
Chuckwalla Raceway says noon is the earliest. See you there!
Glenn,
Be aware Friday is members day so they will not allow anyone into the paddock until all the members leave. I would not get there at 12 as you will be waiting for hours to get in.

speedtactics
02-17-2016, 09:33 PM
You mentioned the gates close Friday at 5PM. Will they be open the whole day before that? I plan on dropping trailer off around 2PM, would that be ok?

Sorry for the late response. The gates are open until 9pm however you will not be able to drop your trailer until after all the members clear the paddock the track says no earlier than 4 pm. You can show up earlier but you will be waiting outside in the overflow parking area.

rw99
02-17-2016, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the info, Scott.

Nemesis
02-17-2016, 11:23 PM
I've spent a lot of time at Chuckwalla, based on the limited space available, trailer should either be dumped on the outside of the paddock or back up by the entry.

Trailer parking is very limited. We will do our best to accommodate everyone. If you do not need to have your trailer or support rig in the paddock there is an overflow parking area right off the side that can be used and within walking distance. Understand this will be a very full event so please be helpful to your fellow Viper drivers . On paper everything looks small too.:t0135:

Arizona Vipers
02-18-2016, 11:55 AM
I've spent a lot of time at Chuckwalla, based on the limited space available, trailer should either be dumped on the outside of the paddock or back up by the entry.

That will suck. My trailer has everything I need in it for the event, wheels, tires, awning, chairs, table, fridge, fluids, tools, fuel....
Chuckwalla needs to hurry up with their paddock expansion....

sjeaglefan
02-18-2016, 01:41 PM
I spoke with the folks at Chuckwalla about extra trailer space. They said no issues as they have extra space and desert if needed. We also have a long trailer (36' pulling two Vipers) and will need the space as well.

JonB ~ PartsRack
02-18-2016, 06:57 PM
There is a self-contained trailer shop guy named "MICKEY" that offers tire-support at the track, but only if pre-arranged.

40 minutes away in Indio CA is Americas Tire, 81124 Hwy 111. zip 92201 tel 760 775 5366

1:15 away in Palm Desert:

tel 760 324 5694 - Josh
AMERICAS TIRE
72820 DINAH SHORE DRIVE
PALM DESERT CA 92211

JonB ~ PartsRack
02-18-2016, 07:08 PM
"PartsRack Will Be Closed" Friday 2/19 thu Monday 2/22, attending and co-sponsoring Viper Tracks II. I hope to see a bunch of you there, some for the first time!Back in on Tuesday 2/23.

Be Safe.............. JonB

Nemesis
02-21-2016, 07:52 PM
Awesome event Gents, thanks for organizing this. It was truelly a pleasure to be on track with just Vipers and to have SRT/Dodge there to support and hang out amongst all of us. Truly memorable..

Arizona Vipers
02-21-2016, 10:19 PM
Wow! Much thanks to all who were involved in putting this together. My family and I had a blast. The ACR development story told at the banquet was fascinating!
You guys did an incredible job on this! We met some really cool people this weekend.

Looking forward to the next one!!!

jrkermode
02-22-2016, 04:05 PM
Thank you Scott, Lance, Rich and Todd for another excellent Viper Tracks event.

sjeaglefan
02-22-2016, 05:10 PM
Great event. Always a ton of fun when you get 70 Viper drivers together. The folks from Dodge were exceptional.
But...
Man, that track eats tires!

Here is the my fast lap of the weekend, Sunday, CCW, 2:04.40, and the aftermath of the afternoon session as the track got hot and the left hand sweepers killed my front right tire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbC4EIeMSEQ&list=WL&index=10

And these were brand new P-Zero Corsa's.

Nemesis
02-22-2016, 06:35 PM
How much camber do you have in the front? How is your clutch?

Great event. Always a ton of fun when you get 70 Viper drivers together. The folks from Dodge were exceptional.
But...

Here is the my fast lap of the weekend, Sunday, CCW, 2:04.40, and the aftermath of the afternoon session as the track got hot and the left hand sweepers killed my front right tire.

sjeaglefan
02-22-2016, 06:54 PM
Clutch is fine. I slipped it a bit much on the 2nd run at the auto-cross. I had the camber set at the aggressive end of the factor spec for the GTS (I don't remember and the tech sheet is at home). I just over worked the tires in the 3rd session when the track was hottest...I got the tire way too hot and i pushed through some under steer.

catwood
02-22-2016, 07:04 PM
But...

Nice lap. I liked CW a bit better on Sat however I only did two sessions CCW.

It was a great event. Nice meeting new people and seeing some folks I haven't seen in awhile.

Now, when is the next one?

Arizona Vipers
02-22-2016, 08:16 PM
But...

and the left hand sweepers killed my front right tire.

Yes, it does eat tires. I was there the weekend before and corded my right rear going CCW in 4 sessions, then Saturday corded my front right going CW by the end of that first day. $4500 in Hoosiers in 2 weekends :furious:

Nemesis
02-22-2016, 09:11 PM
That shouldn't be happening... Especially on Hoosiers..

Yes, it does eat tires. I was there the weekend before and corded my right rear going CCW in 4 sessions, then Saturday corded my front right going CW by the end of that first day. $4500 in Hoosiers in 2 weekends :furious:

RedTanRT/10
02-22-2016, 10:29 PM
That shouldn't be happening... Especially on Hoosiers..

There's a lot of spent front Hoosiers from the weekend at Chuckwalla! The bowl eats tires, worse than Willow Springs

Great event, thanks to Scott, Lance and SRT Really fun time!!!

swisspower
02-22-2016, 11:04 PM
I also killed my hoosier's R6 in 6 sessions. My front camber was 2.5. Just a lot of outside edge tire wear.
Thanks to everybody who helped to make this event happen.
Swisspower

Nemesis
02-23-2016, 02:13 PM
When will the photo's/video be out?

- - - Updated - - -

What pressure were you running hot?

I also killed my hoosier's R6 in 6 sessions. My front camber was 2.5. Just a lot of outside edge tire wear.
Thanks to everybody who helped to make this event happen.
Swisspower

fuggles
02-23-2016, 03:40 PM
Great event. I had a blast. Thanks to the organizers, and Dodge for such an awesome event. The track was really fun to drive. 4 straights over 100mph. Crazy fun. Too bad it's so far away. I met some really cool viper enthusiasts. I can't wait for the next one.

How do you cord the right front going CW? That seems strange since the only fast left hander is the 4/5 double apex. Alignment issue? idk.

rw99
02-23-2016, 03:44 PM
...also chunked a front Corsa, mostly from running CW on Saturday. Got two sessions into Sunday (CCW) and it felt a little off up front. In fairness, these were the 5th and 6th track days for this set.

On the upside, Tom O'Dell was right there to tell me I should back off a bit on the hot temps: 32 psi is his recommendation for Corsas. I'd been running at 34 hot all the way around... the car felt great, right up until it didn't :(

Huge thanks to Scott and Lance for taking on the responsibility and risk to bring about Viper Tracks 2 with Dodge's support and involvement... it was a long haul for us NorCal guys, but 100% completely worthwhile.

Stealth
02-23-2016, 04:15 PM
...also chunked a front Corsa, mostly from running CW on Saturday. Got two sessions into Sunday (CCW) and it felt a little off up front. In fairness, these were the 5th and 6th track days for this set.

On the upside, Tom O'Dell was right there to tell me I should back off a bit on the hot temps: 32 psi is his recommendation for Corsas. I'd been running at 34 hot all the way around... the car felt great, right up until it didn't :(

Huge thanks to Scott and Lance for taking on the responsibility and risk to bring about Viper Tracks 2 with Dodge's support and involvement... it was a long haul for us NorCal guys, but 100% completely worthwhile.

Glad to hear it was an awesome event!

Just to clarify, are you suggesting 32psi HOT for the Corsas? This seems a bit low. I was shooting for 35psi hot and 29 psi cold. When you come off the track, what psi are you adjusting the Fronts and Rears?

Thanks for the insight!

rw99
02-23-2016, 04:44 PM
Glad to hear it was an awesome event!

Just to clarify, are you suggesting 32psi HOT for the Corsas? This seems a bit low. I was shooting for 35psi hot and 29 psi cold. When you come off the track, what psi are you adjusting the Fronts and Rears?

Thanks for the insight!

32 hot. I know, it seems a little low. I'll try it on my next set to see how it feels. I have started at ~26 cold to reach 34 hot with ~85 to 100 degree ambient temps.

Nemesis
02-23-2016, 08:24 PM
When I was running Corsa's on my TA 32 hot gave me the best live and responsiveness.

32 hot. I know, it seems a little low. I'll try it on my next set to see how it feels. I have started at ~26 cold to reach 34 hot with ~85 to 100 degree ambient temps.

catwood
02-23-2016, 09:52 PM
My R7's started cold at 28 ran up to 38.5 on Saturday late in the day. I pull temps and pressures after each session made very minor adjustments. I can pull more detail if someone wants it. I didn't run much on Sunday so not as much info for CCW.

Arizona Vipers
02-24-2016, 12:57 PM
How do you cord the right front going CW? .

Whooops, I meant front left on the Clockwise day!

JonB ~ PartsRack
02-24-2016, 01:31 PM
Great to see so many friends and customers at Viper Tracks! Thanks Lance and Scott for letting me help and sponsor a bit.

My Whitey-Oregon-Epidermis took on a redskin hue, or maybe it was just my excitement at going for a G5ACR ride with Chris Winkler at the very last-last laps of the day.

His skills made me feel like Jed Clampett by comparison......

The KUMHO V720-ACRs held up remarkably well.

TA Two Oh
02-24-2016, 04:52 PM
I'm compelled to add my "thank you" to the pile! An event like this involves an untold amount of work, and those of us that got to enjoy it owe a lot to the organizers. I read that you guys started this as a "lets do a track day with some buddies" but it morphed into something that, ironically, meant that you (Scott and Lance at least) ended up being far too busy to squeeze any laps in yourself. Although I think I saw Lance steal a few laps in his new-to-him Comp Coupe.

Some random thoughts I accumulated over the weekend:

The Viper Community really is a great group of people! I didn't know a soul when I arrived, but left on Sunday night with many new friends.

It was Dan Cragin's post back in December that convinced me to attend. He mentioned that there would be amazing support from Vendors and the Factory, plus the opportunity to make friends and contacts, and participate in the Viper Community Experience. His comments were a dead-on bulls-eye. I got to meet Dan when his Ramcharger pulled up right behind where I had pitted...he's a great guy.

I was one of many who chewed through the outside of my drivers front tire. -2.5 camber doesn't seem to be quite enough for turn 13. Then I had to convince my wife that it was indeed safe to drive all the way home on that tire, since we only needed the inside of it when rolling on the road. We made it back without issue.

The food was far better than I had anticipated it would be. I mean, Chuckwalla is ISOLATED!!! there can't be any db monitoring or noise complaints around there cause wow... there's likely a better chance of finding human life on Jupiter than anywhere near that place. The Caterers were fantastic; a super choice for both breakfast and lunch. And the food at the Banquet was terrific. *Though I guess I should have known that there was plenty of good food nearby when I met this big fella:15764 The Cops were cool guys... very interested in the cars, and what we were doing. When I left for the day I told them that I was extremely interested in where they were planning on heading. You know, just to be sociable. But they didn't take the bait.

Getting to meet and chat with Erich Heuschele, Chris Winkler, Tom O'Dell and the rest of the SRT team was a dream come true. They're brilliant, friendly, easy to talk to, and helpful. They instantly answered a couple of questions that I had about my car, and gave me advice on some other issues that I was curious about. Getting to hear Erich and Chris tell the tale of what they went through to set all those records was pure magic. And even though we got to bed late and had an early morning wake-up call, I kept barking at my wife, repeating details about what they'd done and how they did it. She was patient, listening to me for a long time, then she finally said: "go to sleep now, PLEASE!" By the way, Erich told me that they've since set at least a couple more...

Speaking of listening, the informal Tech Talk was an eye-opener. SRT gave us thoughtful answers to all of our questions and were genuinely interested in our opinions, especially on future products.

There were sixty-some Vipers there!!! And I think all but one display car saw track time. Also, if I counted correctly, SIX of 'em were 2016 ACR's. Three participant cars, including one "heads and cam" car and three from SRT. Hands down the best track car in the world that has a licence plate and doors. My index finger was sore from snapping so many pictures all weekend15765

It was so cool to have Jon B as our Starter and damn... he resolutely kept everything on time. That's a tough job and nobody could have done it better.

The track was fast, fun and safe. And in my group at least, point-bye's were almost instantaneous, almost all the time. With one or two minor exceptions, drivers watched their mirrors and let faster cars pass.

Some journalists were invited. That's a great idea, since they not only got to take laps in the cars but in attending the banquet, they got to experience our Community as well, and feed off of our excitement. Plus, they didn't just get to drive a car or two.... they got to see 60+ other Vipers all circulating the track as well. Hopefully we'll see some good press on the Viper from them.

To Rich, Todd, and particularly Scott and Lance. Thank you for one of the best weekends of my life.

Doug

LA STIG
02-24-2016, 05:56 PM
Doug,

It's funny to hear that the guy from Canada thinks the track is "isolated". Of course it's true but still funny that you drove a million miles, give or take, to experience isolation.

But picking up on some of the vibe you were conveying, you definitely captured the spirit of the event and since I went to last years at Buttonwillow I can attest to the consistency of the experience (which Lance and Scott can take a huge amount of credit).

I originally wanted to bring my A7's out there but decided to run my undersized NT05's for logistical reasons but after reading all of the excessive tire wear reports I'm glad I ran the Nittos. They were okay sticky but they wore like iron. I still had to manage my air pressure and I expect others may have benefited from better pressure monitoring and alignment.

I also have to underscore the Dodge engineers recounting of the ACR development was great. It was a real honor to hear them share the experience, one I will not forget.

Nice to meet you and all of the others who I met. I've already offered to help Scott and Lance at the next one so let's see what the dynamic duo can put together.

Mike

TA Two Oh
02-24-2016, 06:23 PM
Well said, Mike. And ironic about the Canadian, who's used to a country with about twice as much land as the US has, but only 1/10th the population, describing a piece of California as "isolated." Your State has more people in it than my whole country! And, from my account, a lot of them, like you, are really great people. Lance and Scott... note Mike's offer to help next year!

sjeaglefan
02-25-2016, 02:07 PM
Created a new video with my best laps both CW and CCW as well as still shots from the weekend.

https://youtu.be/1iITbUM6F6Y

When I watch the two laps, I see a big difference made from the coaching session by Bob in the first session on Sunday. He corrected a BUNCH of things leading to my faster and cleaner runs on Sunday.

Enjoy.

-Gary

P.S. - New front tires ordered from Tire Rack...they still have the pricing consistent with Pirelli direct.

fuggles
02-25-2016, 03:21 PM
When I ordered my Corsa's in late January, JonB had a better price than Tire Rack and free shipping. fyi

Simms
02-25-2016, 03:41 PM
This sounded like a fantastic event! Wish we could get something like this together in Northeast.

sjeaglefan
02-25-2016, 03:50 PM
I tried to order tires from Pirelli for 2 months but the fronts were always back-ordered....so I gave up and went to Tire Rack.

Fursty
02-25-2016, 11:16 PM
That is awesome that you had such a great weekend at the track! If you are itching for more, move a little bit east, to Nebraska, and join us in June for our Seventh annual Viper Rendezvous at the track! (June 10-12th)

Two and a half days at the Motorport Park Hastings road course, Hastings, Nebraska. We have about 45 cars signed up so far. Around 9 states and Canada represented. At last count I think we had 5 ACR-Xs registered and at least another 5 or 6 ACR Extremes.

Check out the website www.viperrendezvous.com (http://Www.viperrendezvous.com) and look us up in Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ViperRendezvous/).

Ryan

TA Two Oh
02-26-2016, 09:36 AM
Created a new video with my best laps both CW and CCW as well as still shots from the weekend.

https://youtu.be/1iITbUM6F6Y

When I watch the two laps, I see a big difference made from the coaching session by Bob in the first session on Sunday. He corrected a BUNCH of things leading to my faster and cleaner runs on Sunday.

Enjoy.

-Gary

P.S. - New front tires ordered from Tire Rack...they still have the pricing consistent with Pirelli direct.

Great pics and vids, Gary. And great driving!

JonB ~ PartsRack
03-01-2016, 01:35 PM
The Viper Community really is a great group of people! I didn't know a soul when I arrived, but left on Sunday night with many new friends...............

It was so cool to have Jon B as our Starter and damn... he resolutely kept everything on time. That's a tough job and nobody could have done it better........

To Rich, Todd, and particularly Scott and Lance. Thank you for one of the best weekends of my life.

Doug

Hey, Doug, thanks for noticing! [Staging that 70+ Viper Parade last minute, ACRs front, and then staying on-time was my best race-ops stint in years.]

Glad you won that very cool 'traveled the farthest' award from SRT too........

speedtactics
03-01-2016, 05:50 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback. Here is a short story that one of the journalist wrote that went to VT2.
http://www.ebay.com/motors/blog/on-the-track-with-the-outrageous-2016-dodge-viper-acr/

JonB ~ PartsRack
03-15-2016, 08:21 PM
Here is GREAT Tracks II story

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/1603-the-2016-viper-acr-has-13-track-records-how-does-it-do/