PDA

View Full Version : Avoid this guy on eBay

hemichuck
11-18-2015, 07:17 PM
I bid on an item from exotic_imports on eBay, it was an upper and lower drivers side control arms and the steering knuckle for a 2002 RT10 that was supposed to be a 9800 mile original. My offer was accepted so I e mailed back and forth with the guy and since he was in Nashville and I am in Louisville I told him I would just come pick it up. He said to call the day before so he could have the parts ready so I called yesterday and told him I was coming today. He said come on so off we went, about 200 miles down there. When we arrived it was a place called Smittys auto parts so we went in and told them what we were there for. The guys behind the counter just kind of stared at us and said "oh that's my brothers and he's not here today" so he called his brother and walked out into the yard and about a half hour later he hadn't returned. Since the guy had a picture of the car on e bay that these parts were off of I asked if there were any other parts on the car that I might be interested in so they said walk on out there and look. When we got outside they were standing on this huge pile of parts laying in the mud and trying to dig the assembly out of the mud. He looks at me and says, this is the passenger side and I said I had bought the drivers side. He said well this is my brothers mess so he can come dig it out. So we stand around for half an hour and the brother shows up and digs around in the pile and finally says " well I thought I had one, sorry" so then I have to ride 200 miles home having wasted my whole day and 400 miles worth of diesel and have nothing to show for it. This guy has 100% positive feedback on eBay. I just wanted everyone to have a heads up and avoid these guys like the plague.

Camfab
11-18-2015, 07:34 PM
I went through the same BS back when I had my Jeep. Drove 400 miles as well only to find a rusted out clapped out frame that not only wasn't the right year but he had swore up and down that it was brand new. My wife thought I was going to kill the guy. Sorry you wasted your time with that POS.

Augdog1964
11-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Wow, what a waste... its amazing, sometimes you couldn't make up a story more wild than what you get in real life... people are nuts.

Mbccenter
11-18-2015, 09:42 PM
I did that one. Drove from Minnesota to Kentucky with a trailer and the guy lied about everything. Wife thought I was going to jail.

99RT10
11-18-2015, 10:20 PM
I did that one. Drove from Minnesota to Kentucky with a trailer and the guy lied about everything. Wife thought I was going to jail.

Huh, that sucks. Next time make the trip a little longer, and come see me. I will put you up and hand you a beer. :D

Vprbite
11-19-2015, 12:43 AM
Huh, that sucks. Next time make the trip a little longer, and come see me. I will put you up and hand you a beer. :D

Maybe not a bad plan. Anytime someone is heading somewhere to pick something like that up, make sure there is a club member nearby to help you out of needed. Good lookin out, 99rt10.

pastohio
11-19-2015, 06:17 AM
Contact Ebay and definitely leave negative feedback...

Mbccenter
11-19-2015, 11:39 AM

Would have for sure but this was many moons ago before I knew you. Next time I will stop and never leave :)