PDA

View Full Version : '16 Viper ACR vs 918, Pagani Huayra, LaFerrari, Veyron SS, McLaren P1 track race?

Resident Alien
11-18-2015, 01:26 PM
The guy who is making the offer below owns a 918 and a Pagani Huayra, among other things. He already organized a 5 hypercar race around a track and on the drag strip, with results coming up soon.

http://salomondrin.com/post/DEAR_DODGE_LETS_RACE_YOUR_ACR_FOR_SLIPS

Wouldn't it be awesome if Dodge took him up on the offer? Or maybe one of our top dealerships? A generous California ACR owner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBpzIDioYjE

Austin
11-18-2015, 02:06 PM
Supposedly he no longer owns the Huayra. Either way, cool video and would be nice if an ACR stepped up.

FLATOUT
11-18-2015, 02:09 PM
I have already reached out to him and spoke with our favorite FIAT Executive about it as well. If he takes us up on it, it will be a blast!

Andy

345s-bspinnin
11-18-2015, 02:17 PM
Well this ought to be interesting. It seem to me (newbie) that Thermal has a lot straightaways that favor high horsepower cars. The fact that ACR is mentioned in these hyper circles shows how well its respected.

Resident Alien
11-18-2015, 03:01 PM
I have already reached out to him and spoke with our favorite FIAT Executive about it as well. If he takes us up on it, it will be a blast!

Andy

Excellent! I don't see any downside here, other than FIAT (regardless of the completion of the Ferrari IPO) maybe not being terribly excited to see LaFerrari potentially losing to a $120k car.

Austin
11-18-2015, 03:32 PM
No one buying a LaFerrari is cross-shopping an ACR. The person buying a LaFerrari has the means to buy an ACR from the change in their pocket. Ferrari/FIAT (whatever) has nothing to worry about. Plus, theyre two totally different cars.

Excellent! I don't see any downside here, other than FIAT (regardless of the completion of the Ferrari IPO) maybe not being terribly excited to see LaFerrari potentially losing to a $120k car.

shnickerlaus
11-18-2015, 03:44 PM
As stated already a buyer or owner for a p1,918 or la ferarri is a totaly differnt customer to a acr guy. Sure they might want a acr to with the collection but it's not going to be a either or descision. Most of the p1, 918 and laferarri are purely investment as these cars grow in value, that and they are for show and cruise not for racing. They have very impressive lap times but 95% of the owners are not racing drivers and the amount that get crashed is testimony to this.

I am fortunate enough to be able to own a few cars and I do have a ferrari but I also have a viper. For me the viper is my track weapon and a little bit of cars and coffe where as my ferarri is a car I just bought to sell on for proffit with a little usage for fun too. I'm in a position at the moment where I have space for one more car and my descision is either a new acr with extreme aero and 1of1 or something european. Difficult as I already have a track toy and I would like something like a gallardo, 458, 12c or gt3. But the allure of the viper is just too much for me

Resident Alien
11-18-2015, 05:55 PM
It's not a cross-shopping issue, it's a prestige / agenda issue. A multimillion dollar state-of-the-art hybrid car potentially losing to a much cheaper analogue American car with a manual trans and a gas-guzzling pushrod engine that was 90% developed in 2007 could be a bit of an issue. The agenda seems to be to push into people's perception smaller engines, turbocharging and hybrid technologies as the new status-quo even in hypercars.

Anyway, hope it's truly a non-issue and the ACR test happens one way or another.