PDA

View Full Version : Hellcat spotting

Blue T/A 2.0
11-16-2015, 04:23 PM
I spotted a Hellcat today. It came up beside me and I yelled out the window, "That thing got any balls?" , just like the guy in the Jag XKE that asked Kowaski in Vanishing Point in the Challenger. Anyway, he cranked it 3 different times. That thing was violent. It looked like it came out of a slingshot and was all over the road until he let off. I want one.

:dropdev:

swexlin
11-16-2015, 04:24 PM
Zillions of 'em around me (and I want one in a couple years). These guys usually like my Viper. We're all car guys and Mopar guys.

FLATOUT
11-16-2015, 04:24 PM
I spotted a Hellcat today. It came up beside me and I yelled out the window, "That thing got any balls?" , just like the guy in the Jag XKE that asked Kowaski in Vanishing Point in the Challenger. Anyway, he cranked it 3 different times. That thing was violent. It looked like it came out of a slingshot and was all over the road until he let off. I want one.

:dropdev:

Guessing it wasn't stock then. Everyone I have driven up here feels like a turd compared to the Vipers we are building.

J TNT
11-16-2015, 04:31 PM
I spot them here on a regular basis , but it might have something to do with the Plant being Only 30 minutes away......lol ! :witless:

Blue T/A 2.0
11-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Guessing it wasn't stock then. Everyone I have driven up here feels like a turd compared to the Vipers we are building.r

I know you guys are building some BAD Vipers, but how would you compare the Hellcat to a stock Viper? Not sure if this Hellcat was stock or not, but it was BAD, scary looking the way it launched and was all over the road. Sounded mean too.

Bill Pemberton
11-16-2015, 04:49 PM
Have to disagree with Andy --sold a ton of them and the only way they are turds is because they are faster than Shit!!!

Camfab
11-16-2015, 05:26 PM
Have to disagree with Andy --sold a ton of them and the only way they are turds is because they are faster than Shit!!!

I like it. Gotta say the Vipers are wicked, but there's something about an American muscle car, particularly the Challenger. It's big, it's stupid fast for such a beast on narrow tires, and it's got serious potential to go faster for a working man's budget. Let's not forget you can throw the whole family in it. I'd want both to be honest.

v10enomous
11-16-2015, 06:06 PM
I like them. My buddy with a HC and I took each other for rides. I just don't get that gotta have it feeling like I do with a Viper. The Hellcat is an awesome car but it's a boat and feels more like a luxury car than a sports car to me. It would be a great addition but in no way is it a replacement but I'm sure I'm not alone here in that thinking.

swexlin
11-16-2015, 06:12 PM
My 07 SRT8 Charger was fast, powerful, comfortable, and reliable. To me it is a midsize (my friend's 69 300 is a BIG car, LOL). While it was of course no Viper, the LX cars handle much better than many thing. If finances allow, I want to add a Hellcat into the stable in a couple years.

Vprbite
11-16-2015, 06:30 PM
Yeah V10enomous, I consider them different. Challenger is cool, but in a very different way than the Viper. And I'm not saying I would kick one out of the garage, but I don't have the desire to do whatever it takes to get one, like I do for the Viper. And I hear they are fast if you can get the tires to stop spinning. I wouldn't call them a turd, but they certainly are a big girl compared to the Vipers. And it will never hang with our cars on the road course but then, it's not supposed to.

I have never seen one in person but I am excited to see one on the street. They are definitely cool, just not quite my style. But I consider it a mopar brother. I'm glad our company is the one who had the stones and technology to produce it.

v10enomous
11-16-2015, 06:38 PM
I have to admit that the hellcat that showed up for our drag race event was hooking up pretty damn good.

HyperViper
11-16-2015, 07:38 PM
My neighbors 30 year old daughter just bought one. Haven't ridden in it yet but she wants to race me. I told her she might lose with those skinny ass tires. Dodge really got the sound right though.,sounds badass.

mike@calvomotorsports
11-16-2015, 07:49 PM
I like the way they feel and drive.. now just need to find somebody that will let us get rid of the blower and do twins on it;)

SnakeWatching
11-16-2015, 07:55 PM
I have to admit that the hellcat that showed up for our drag race event was hooking up pretty damn good.

Here is a new video "Challenger Hellcat Vs Dodge Viper 1/2 Mile" Both Stock.

Running the 1/2 mile at Sulphur Springs Airport in Texas.

https://youtu.be/bdfyGW3zq58

If you look at the Hellcats left fender and hood on the outside shots, you will see the hood and fender is even when standing still and at speed the hood will lift above fender.

Next Phase
11-16-2015, 08:56 PM
The Hellcat is no Viper....but it is a lot of fun. I use mine as my daily driver and it can go from being a comfortable hwy cruiser to an agressive monster. I really love it...

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn88/nextphasemarko/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-11/20151114_165545_zps778x8ng8.jpg (http://s302.photobucket.com/user/nextphasemarko/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-11/20151114_165545_zps778x8ng8.jpg.html)

- - - Updated - - -

Plus I have averaged over 18 mpg's over 5,500 miles... You can go from eco mode to 707 hp, track transmission settings at a push of a couple buttons. I was pretty surprised how much difference there is from street, sport and track settings. You can adjust the transmission, suspension and traction control settings seperately. Pretty amazing for a $63k vehicle.

FLATOUT
11-17-2015, 06:21 AM
r

I know you guys are building some BAD Vipers, but how would you compare the Hellcat to a stock Viper? Not sure if this Hellcat was stock or not, but it was BAD, scary looking the way it launched and was all over the road. Sounded mean too.

Even stock to stock they don't feel right to me, I think it's because they are so BIG. Most of the ones I drove were autos as well which dulled the experience for me. I know I'm in the minority on these cars but the driving experience just doesn't do anything for me.

Stock to stock we have seen them trap 3-4mph less in the quarter mile, same day, same track than stock Vipers. That's a pretty big difference in the butt dyno, and that's just in a straight line, throw in some turns and things really change.

We had a big stock vs stock private drag day at Hennesseys last year and these were the traps we saw. DA was -1400 that day.

134.6mph Stock SRT Viper
131.8mph Stock TA Viper 1.0
131.4mph Stock TA Viper 1.0
127.6mph Stock C7 Z06
126.2mph Stock Hellcat Auto

FLATOUT
11-17-2015, 06:24 AM
The Hellcat is no Viper....but it is a lot of fun. I use mine as my daily driver and it can go from being a comfortable hwy cruiser to an agressive monster. I really love it...

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn88/nextphasemarko/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-11/20151114_165545_zps778x8ng8.jpg (http://s302.photobucket.com/user/nextphasemarko/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-11/20151114_165545_zps778x8ng8.jpg.html)

- - - Updated - - -

Plus I have averaged over 18 mpg's over 5,500 miles... You can go from eco mode to 707 hp, track transmission settings at a push of a couple buttons. I was pretty surprised how much difference there is from street, sport and track settings. You can adjust the transmission, suspension and traction control settings seperately. Pretty amazing for a $63k vehicle.

Your last sentence is dead on. Huge value for what you spend! Glad you're enjoying yours :) I'm building one for a customer now actually. Looking forward to see how it turns out with another 100 ponies.

FLATOUT
11-17-2015, 06:30 AM
I like them. My buddy with a HC and I took each other for rides. I just don't get that gotta have it feeling like I do with a Viper. The Hellcat is an awesome car but it's a boat and feels more like a luxury car than a sports car to me. It would be a great addition but in no way is it a replacement but I'm sure I'm not alone here in that thinking.

This is very close to my sentiment as well, I like them just no spark for me.

Shooter
11-17-2015, 08:12 AM
Blah. Heavy ass rolling chicanes. Hurry up and release the Hellcat Grand Cherokee so I can buy one.

bluesrt
11-17-2015, 08:55 AM
its a bad ass ball bustin car in its own way, to put the car down in any way is silly

viperprowler1
12-30-2015, 08:28 AM
its a bad ass ball bustin car in its own way, to put the car down in any way is silly

The concept behind this comment is right on. Who else but Dodge makes three unbelievable, affordable cars of this magnitude!

GasGas
12-30-2015, 10:11 AM
The concept behind this comment is right on. Who else but Dodge makes three unbelievable, affordable cars of this magnitude!

Absolutely! Finally got my '16 and WOW, expectations exceeded!! As a bonus there is no headroom issue when wearing a helmet.

An older video with Ralph @ the wheel ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmit1lNXwFA

v10enomous
12-30-2015, 11:29 AM
Hellcats are kind of like having an awesome cousin. You share some DNA and you see them at various gatherings and maybe even take a ride together somewhere and when people see you together they're not too anxious to mess with you.

I'm doing my best to get some good late entries in for ridiculous post of the year:lol2:

Brian GTS
12-31-2015, 08:36 AM
I couldn't take it any longer and picked up a 2016. Got the 6M. The 8A is the ultimate tranny, but I'm a sucker for rowing through the gears.

I knew the car was going to be good, but it has surpassed my expectations!!! If there is one thing that I'm not used to, it's the MASSIVE doors! The interior is MUCH nicer than I thought and that supercharger whine along with the exhaust....OH MAN! My father has a 13' SRT-8 Chally. I let him test drive the Hellcat and he's trying to think about what color he wants. :)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/small_small_small_IMG_0791_zpsq30bvvvm.jpg

BlknBlu
12-31-2015, 09:49 AM
They are way cool cars, lots of them here in Omaha and have been for a ride in a few. Only 1 Charger though. The launch factor is quite impressive, but I have to say the Viper stands alone still.

Bruce

busterbrown
12-31-2015, 10:04 AM
I couldn't take it any longer and picked up a 2016. Got the 6M. The 8A is the ultimate tranny, but I'm a sucker for rowing through the gears.

I knew the car was going to be good, but it has surpassed my expectations!!! If there is one thing that I'm not used to, it's the MASSIVE doors! The interior is MUCH nicer than I thought and that supercharger whine along with the exhaust....OH MAN! My father has a 13' SRT-8 Chally. I let him test drive the Hellcat and he's trying to think about what color he wants. :)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/small_small_small_IMG_0791_zpsq30bvvvm.jpg

Congarts. Brian. You being a car guy I knew you could not hold out to long before you had a Hellcat in your stable!!

Fre

Next Phase
12-31-2015, 10:18 AM

Congrats Brian!

I feel the same way, the Hellcat has a lot of hype but I was blown away by it. It surpassed my expectations...

Mopar'er no car
12-31-2015, 02:31 PM
I see them quite often. Hearing someone downshift that 8 speed sounds like pure sex. Had a wonderful 72 year young lady give me a hard time, about not running my 06 coupe on the dyno for the fall Ohio Voa party...She said " what's a matter, you afraid MY Hellcat is going to put down better numbers than your viper" Well, I said (holding my hands up)......Nothing, c'mon what do you say to that.