PDA

View Full Version : AArrgghh IM so MAD!!!!!>>>>>>

No hemi
12-17-2013, 12:18 PM
just need to vent guys/gals, the story goes like this: i ve been looking at a 2014 SRT Viper that they have on Big O dodge here in greenville, so i decide to take my 2007 SRT8 Jeep GC and my 2006 SRT-10 Viper to offer them BOTH as a trading for the 2014 viper, well after having me waiting for about 40 mins they come back with an "offer", which is that they'll offer me 17k for my Jeep and 29K for my viper,:mad::mad::mad: WTF!!!!!!!!!!, who do they think they are dealing with , a pristine 2006 srt viper(i know it has 40k miles, but it's been pampered, no track time and just a couple drag races!, ohh and with over 5k in mods!!), and 17K for my jeep which ive seen with over 100k miles for 23 and 24 K!!, really, good luck trying to sell those cars!!!!, they'll probably end up trading them to another dealership that really wants to put vipers on the streets!!!, ogg they have a '13 GTS , that's been sitting there for about 9 mo. already, the '14's have been there for 2 mo already.

The_Greg
12-17-2013, 12:22 PM
just need to vent guys/gals, the story goes like this: i ve been looking at a 2014 SRT Viper that they have on Big O dodge here in greenville, so i decide to take my 2007 SRT8 Jeep GC and my 2006 SRT-10 Viper to offer them BOTH as a trading for the 2014 viper, well after having me waiting for about 40 mins they come back with an "offer", which is that they'll offer me 17k for my Jeep and 29K for my viper,:mad::mad::mad: WTF!!!!!!!!!!, who do they think they are dealing with , a pristine 2006 srt viper(i know it has 40k miles, but it's been pampered, no track time and just a couple drag races!, ohh and with over 5k in mods!!), and 17K for my jeep which ive seen with over 100k miles for 23 and 24 K!!, really, good luck trying to sell those cars!!!!, they'll probably end up trading them to another dealership that really wants to put vipers on the streets!!!, ogg they have a '13 GTS , that's been sitting there for about 9 mo. already, the '14's have been there for 2 mo already.

THAT is REDIC. I'm sure your rear tires can show them what you think of that situation.

FYI I saw on my purchase paperwork that my '06 coupe with 44k was traded in for $35k nearly two years ago. I bought it for ~$8k more.

JonB ~ PartsRack
12-17-2013, 12:25 PM
You had to wait 40 minutes because they were likley calling for wholesale bids, even tho they carry the same brands. Maddening.

If you sell the cars yerself, you will make a few thousand more, but lose some sales tax-advantages.SELL THE JEEP, its Winter! But you can also ping the 'usual suspects' on their outright Viper prices: TRY RINGGOLD in GA! Also Roanoke; Tomball; Baxter; Woodhouse. Tomball has a HUGE supply right now.

These Viper dealers deliver, and might want your Viper in trade. But as you found out, Gen 3 is SOFT-SOFT unless Blue/White Coupe.

GOOD LUCK, you WILL gen a Gen 5 some day soon.....

No hemi
12-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Thanks Guys!!, yeah i'll keep looking if not i'll just save a bit and buy a Gen 5, nothing wrong with having 2 snakes!! :D

Timnineside
12-17-2013, 01:18 PM
You had to wait 40 minutes because they were likley calling for wholesale bids, even tho they carry the same brands. Maddening.

If you sell the cars yerself, you will make a few thousand more, but lose some sales tax-advantages.SELL THE JEEP, its Winter! But you can also ping the 'usual suspects' on their outright Viper prices: TRY RINGGOLD in GA! Also Roanoke; Tomball; Baxter; Woodhouse. Tomball has a HUGE supply right now.

These Viper dealers deliver, and might want your Viper in trade. But as you found out, Gen 3 is SOFT-SOFT unless Blue/White Coupe.

GOOD LUCK, you WILL gen a Gen 5 some day soon.....

Call Andy at Ringgold. He will hook you up. 423/718/7045

ViperSmith
12-17-2013, 01:41 PM
They need to sell that Gen V Viper much more than you need to buy it :)

No hemi
12-17-2013, 01:47 PM
They need to sell that Gen V Viper much more than you need to buy it :)

Yes they do (all3 of them)!!

ViperSmith
12-17-2013, 01:56 PM
What did you guys work out on the car in stock?

Sybil TF
12-17-2013, 02:22 PM
No hemi, did you come back at them with a counter offer or did you just leave? They always low ball the first time.

No hemi
12-17-2013, 02:53 PM
they wanted 106 k for a blk , no stripes SRT w track pack wheels, and i just left i told him "i know my car is worth ,more than 29 K, get me my keys!!", these are the first vipers they've had in YEARS and i guess they'll keep them for some time!!

plumcrazy
12-17-2013, 02:55 PM
keep walking....the heck with them.

ViperSmith
12-17-2013, 02:59 PM
they wanted 106 k for a blk , no stripes SRT w track pack wheels, and i just left i told him "i know my car is worth ,more than 29 K, get me my keys!!", these are the first vipers they've had in YEARS and i guess they'll keep them for some time!!

Yeah, if you were getting a deal on that it might be a decent "loss" on your trades. But, no sense getting taken advantage of on both ends.

XSnake
12-17-2013, 04:10 PM

I'll give you $18k for your Jeep. Love those things

lmcgrew79
12-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Ill even give you 29.5k for the viper.

C.J
12-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Angel, don't let that dealer get you worked up. Go back and give them some numbers you can live with and see if they want to do bidness.

Did the dealership tell you how experienced the Viper tech is? Sounds like he's be learning on your Gen V.

Late Apex
12-17-2013, 07:19 PM
I feel your pain and its always a hassle when you have a trade and you have two in this case. Most dealers speak wholesale but want to sell you full retail or close. Try and sell what you have first or call Tomball or Woodhouse. The big problem lies if you trade and the dealers are not local.

Ohiotj
12-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Walk in with the trade in numbers you want for your cars. Say they offered you 17 for the jeep and you want 21. Tell them you need 25 for it. Then just keep working it in small number incurments. This is how to properly work with a dealer. Simply asking for your keys gets you no where. The sales managers don't have to look the customers in the face with such an insulting offer. Trust me when I say the salesperson feels like crap for having to lowball you. I sold for cars for 7 years and have seen this a hundred times. Don't take offense to it. Use it as motivation. The salesperson doesn't get paid till he gets both the dealer and customer in agreement. Use them as a resource. If they don't wise up just shake hands and leave there on good terms. No point in getting pissed at a dealer and burning a bridge. I know it's hard to hear but dealers are taking a gamble every time they take in a specialty car in hopes the cars were not beat to heck. Plus they have to fix them up with maintenance issues most customers neglect. From experience I can tell you that your cars are probably not worth what you think and probably more then what the dealer thinks. I hope you can find an in between number you both can work with. Good luck.

Bitten
12-17-2013, 09:39 PM
My husband went to the SRT program in Las Vegas in April for Chrysler. The head of Viper marketing very directly stated that they were looking for a more affluent customer base than previously. She was previously in marketing with Aston Martin. He came home surprised that Chrysler was looking for a new customer base for the Viper. We were pretty disappointed. I looked at a 13 SRT and I am happy to keep my Gen 3s.

Anonymous
12-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Ohio ,well said.

No hemi
12-18-2013, 07:12 AM
I didn't leave in bad terms i just told him i knew my cars were worth more and that it was too low ,he told me he was going to talk to them and i told him that if they went up in the numbers we would talk, but for example they told me that my jeep has a bad carfax, and i personally have checked the carfax on the jeep when i bought it and even a couple years later just to check if nothing strange had popped up and nothing!!!, sorry but that's a lame excuse, i ve had over 40 cars in my lifetime( and i'm stil young btw:D), and most them bought brand new so believe me that i know when i'm taking a hit, but the offers were so low that it realy offended me, plus he comes and tells me " they checked and there are LOTS of cars like yours( vipers) in the internet for sale in the 20's and 30's range!!!!

BTW i checked KBB for my care TRADE IN VAlue, the jeep was at 21,317, and the Viper was at 40,118!!!

C.J
12-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Low-balling you is one thing -- that's business. But flat out lying to your face is something entirely different. I'd not do business with that dealership.

johniew398
12-18-2013, 09:34 AM
I've never heard of anyone trading a car that was satisfied with the deal. Dealers play with the price of the new car and the trade in and normally you walk away feeling like you were screwed.

Sell them outright and then you have some leverage when buying. I know you know all that - guess I'm telling myself more than anyone since I'm selling my 08 ACR in a few weeks.

Ohiotj
12-18-2013, 12:17 PM
If the dealer is making stuff up then there is no way to win there. Move along and try again somewhere else. Also you can ask to see the carfax. Prove them liars and see what they say. The last placed I work sold every car at invoice minus any rebate. It was nice to give the customer a single price and honestly tell them that is the lowest price they would sell it for. Everyone was treated the same and made life easier. But you would be surprised as to how many customers fought us and told my I was a liar even after showing them the invoice and rebate matrix. Like I said I hope you get a new car that makes you happy.

JonB ~ PartsRack
12-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Tomball Dodge / Bernie just posted a 'big sale' thread here on this site....... 2013s at close-out prices.

JonB ~ PartsRack
12-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Here is the post:

'''''''We have a great stock of cars and am looking to move our over stock of 13's GTS cars. Please email us at bernie@tomballdodge.com

Great colors and options call or email we want your trades, send us an email. Financing available , great colors, great options, and the most important great prices........281-865-1683 ''''''''

MI Viper
12-18-2013, 01:02 PM
This what our local dealer has, and they have sold 2 2013's in the last 2 weeks. Good luck, and I usually walk the 1st time on any deal, just to sit back and take a breath, and really think it thru...

http://www.bonifacehierschryslerdodge.com/new-inventory/index.htm?SByear=2013&SBmake=Dodge&SBmodel=SRT%20Viper&SBbodystyle=clear&SBprice=clear

BTW, I have NO affiliation with them, I just buy my filters and stuff from them.
MI V.

No hemi
12-18-2013, 03:04 PM
thanks for the info, i'll check w tomball, jon, but i think i'll keep my cars for some time and see what next year brings me.

Sybil TF
12-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Low-balling you is one thing -- that's business. But flat out lying to your face is something entirely different.

Aren't they all like that?:smilielol:

C.J
12-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Aren't they all like that?:smilielol:

No...

I purchased a Subaru from a dealer in Chapel Hill, NC last July, and the sales guy was very honest. I had done a lot of homework prior to going, but he was totally straight about everything and even gave the best price I could get out of 8 dealerships. I'll definately go back to him when I'm shopping again. A VW sales guy in Durham was also very good...knew his product and didn't sugarcoat the shortcomings of some VW products.

Now the guys at the Porche and Dodge dealership in Cary was another story...my BS meter was going off constantly when they were talking. Nice enough guys, just couldn't trust them to tell the truth.

TowDawg
12-18-2013, 05:35 PM
I hate dealing with salesmen that know nothing about the cars they're selling. It's even worse when they act like they do, and start spouting off all kinds of incorrect info (although it can be fun to correcting them and watch them get flustered bc they don't want to admit they were making half it up).
I realize that (in general) salesmen at "commodity" type car dealerships (even high dollar cars if they are high volume cars) are lower educated and experience very high employment turnover, but honestly, at least learn your product. Obviously there are exceptions and I've dealt with some great "car guys" who actually take an interest in what they're doing, but until you get into high-end specialty makes, you usually get stuck with some schmuck.

venum4u
12-18-2013, 06:07 PM
I had a similar experience at two dealerships located in southern California. Took in a 8k mile 06 black/silver coupe for trade on a GEN V 2013, and was offered 39.000 for my 06. Both dealerships were acting like those GEN v's were some sort of golden fleece which gave them the right to demand whatever they wanted. You know what this all made me angry as hell, so I kept the 06 and recently picked up a 02 GTS with 6K miles on the odometer

Troublemaker
12-18-2013, 07:37 PM
My husband went to the SRT program in Las Vegas in April for Chrysler. The head of Viper marketing very directly stated that they were looking for a more affluent customer base than previously. She was previously in marketing with Aston Martin. He came home surprised that Chrysler was looking for a new customer base for the Viper. We were pretty disappointed. I looked at a 13 SRT and I am happy to keep my Gen 3s.

The head of Viper Marketing will probably end up in text books as a case of what not to do. I think the marketing department's work up to this point is something SRT is going to spend a small fortune trying to undo. It would have worked better to not hire any of them and just hoped for the best.

Bitten
12-18-2013, 08:12 PM
The head of Viper Marketing will probably end up in text books as a case of what not to do. I think the marketing department's work up to this point is something SRT is going to spend a small fortune trying to undo. It would have worked better to not hire any of them and just hoped for the best.

My husband came back very disillusioned. We have been very pleased with our Vipers. I bought the 06 new. We both felt like they were turning their back on the regular customers who would have normally been in the market for the new car. This attitude is being passed down to the sales staff who had to take the SRT class in order to meet the requirements of being a Viper dealer.

Chorps
12-19-2013, 12:00 AM
I think SRT/Dodge is kidding themselves if they think the car alone is going to woo a higher end buyer.

They needed to get all the bits in place before rolling out the new plan. Silverware and all, if the 'luxury' buyer doesn't get a luxury experience, the thing they are buying is just another piece of goods, there is no image behind it that is bespoke or aspirational.

Luxury brands may not give you any more in the cost of producing the product, but the presentation, marketing, staff all cater to give the impression that the name plate on the object is worth as much if not more than the object itself.

Not saying that SRT needed to do that to the Viper, but if you're going to go down that road you better have done all your homework and be ready to hit the ground running.

It's not like they didn't have two sister brands that could advise them on how to go about it (Maserati and Ferrari).

Troublemaker
12-21-2013, 05:25 PM
That's the trouble, they tried making the Viper a luxury car and left it with an identity crisis.

slitherv10
12-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Hey listen...dealers are doing business. That is what keeps them open. Nothing new to anyone here including the OP. It just hurts when you here the truth behind a dealers reasoning. They need to make money on both ends to stay afloat. Remember that when they take your car in they have to put it back to standards that a dealership sold car needs to be in. They put their name on the line when they put that car up for sale on the lot. Or...in some cases with a high mileage vehicle, they put it through the auction to hopefully recover the costs.
The situation that I really hate is when you try and make a trade with another seller and they want to take your car for well below what its worth yet sell you their car for what it is worth in the market. I tried asking for a straight up trade here and there with others that have a vehicle that I was interested in and they offered me thousands less than what my car was worth yet wanted thousands more than what theirs was worth. That was from guys who owned a Viper and know what their worth. Their the ones that want to double end a deal and profit from both ends. That's BS. A dealer though is a business that needs money for rent , bills, etc.

Anonymous
12-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Ford did it with the GT, how ?