PDA

View Full Version : Orange liquid on my Extreme

ACR Steve
11-16-2015, 08:23 AM
So I have what looks like rust colored liquid splashed on my side sills of my new extreme ? Is this the air conditioning pump oil?

Anyone have any idea what might be leaking?

Thanks

cayenne
11-16-2015, 10:27 AM
I had something similar dripping from under the car when mine was brand new. It was assembly lube/oil from where ball joints and other things were pressed in. If you crawl underneath you may see it slung rearward from the suspension components. I wiped mine down and never saw it again.

ACR Steve
11-16-2015, 10:30 AM
Thanks Cayenne it is on the under pans as well . My Epel clear bra guys had seen it when wrapping the car.

I will try washing the car well and see if it comes back

Darius
11-16-2015, 11:26 AM
I had some liquid coming out of the top of my side sill also, only last a few hours after it was new.

ACRucrazy
11-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Is it just water that settled in low places from the test they do at the factory?

VENOM V
11-16-2015, 12:33 PM
Yes I've had a lot of it too, and this didn't happen with my 2013. I washed it off, it came back on the next drive. Detail sprayed it off, it came back yet again. 600 miles and it's a still coming. Not a biggie, it's not staining anything but hopefully it'll stop soon.

Darius
11-16-2015, 12:45 PM
Is it just water that settled in low places from the test they do at the factory?

that would be my guess, they spray it pretty hard.

ACR Steve
11-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Interesting guys........ makes me feel better . It comes right off no big deal if nothing leaking is causing it .Its really orange though something must have surface rust very fast to cause it