PDA

View Full Version : Greetings. New Member. Looking For Exhaust/06 Coupe

06SRTCoupe
11-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Greetings all! Just completed my registration. I am 99VPRGTS over on the Alley so I am not new to Vipers. I recently picked up a black 06 coupe. This is my first Gen III car and I love it!

I didn't see any new member introductions thread so I posted in here...hope that was cool. EDIT...I just saw the new member intro thread at the top of the forum page...:owned:

I also am looking to do some bolt ons for now with the ultimate goal of h/c and around 600whp.

For now, I am looking for some headers and a catback. Before buying new, I thought I would throw this post up (along with my introduction) and see if anyone is looking to get rid of anything. I am specifically looking for a Corsa Track exhaust (P/N 14174) for a catback. I have always liked Corsa's sound on my Vettes and Vipers so why change right? Header type really doesn't matter, let me know what you got!

Here is a quick pic of the car...as soon as I got it home I lowered it and threw on some Sidwinder II's...the rake is a little off because the pics were taken right after I swapped springs...the front finally settled down so it looks right:

Ripper
11-12-2015, 08:34 AM
Welcome! Congrats on the purchase. Love the black cars (kinda partial to em)

The sidewinders look great

slowhatch
11-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Welcome! Car looks great, enjoy it! I'd suggest Belanger if you a want a deeper more exotic sound--if you can tolerate a little more drone.

Vprbite
11-12-2015, 01:54 PM
I did Belanger headers, high flows, and corsa catback. No drone.

Im about to post some clips to youtube so another user could see what it was like. Will let you know when I do.

06SRTCoupe
11-12-2015, 09:22 PM
Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Slow I am definitely looking at Belanger and Vprbite...I'd love to hear that exhaust clip Thanks again.

slowhatch
11-12-2015, 10:45 PM
I've had both. Corsa is amazing at keeping the civility at low rpms and at low throttle positions, no drone. Then its gets gnarly up top at wide open, screams. But it is a bit hollow sounding, and raspy ish. Belanger catback is MUCH deeper, has more bass to it, and just sounds tougher (in my opinion), and wide open sounds like nothing else. Sounds like a P51 running on diced bees. However, it does drone in certain rpm ranges. It doesn't bother me, but bothers some. I would advise you listen to both before you buy.

06SRTCoupe
11-12-2015, 11:01 PM
I definitely will. I've always liked Corsa but I also like a deep sound in my exhaust so maybe I'll switch it up and go full Belanger. I still need to decide on cats or not. I know that I should no problem hitting my goals with or without them.

slowhatch
11-13-2015, 09:07 AM
I definitely will. I've always liked Corsa but I also like a deep sound in my exhaust so maybe I'll switch it up and go full Belanger. I still need to decide on cats or not. I know that I should no problem hitting my goals with or without them.

Unless you plan on forced induction or nitrous, go with hi-flows. It's miserable without them.

Vprbite
11-13-2015, 05:03 PM
Ok here are the links to the videos. The "cold start" ones are just that. A cold start and no revving because I did t want to go revving hard an engine that just started, as I'm sure you can understand. There isn't much to see on those either, one of em is just black because it was done at night. Go pro was placed right behind the car. You can hear it quite well though.

2 cold start vids
http://youtu.be/gH3_zFoE0vI

http://youtu.be/7_96f8LaAws

The other is a drive home from Walgreens. There is a bit of crackle on the GoPro. Could be the mic. Also, I talk a little at about 4:15 so you can hear what it's like to have a conversation. If you want a more aggressive video, let me know. I couldn't really do too much screaming down the road here, but that wasn't the point. I hope these help you make decisions. I honestly recommend the setup completely.

http://youtu.be/0rZTGTswWmE

Vprbite
11-13-2015, 05:05 PM
Unless you plan on forced induction or nitrous, go with hi-flows. It's miserable without them.

Unless you want your expensive sports car to smell like a lawnmower that ain't working right. I've heard on the verts it's especially brutal.