PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for Ram Srt10 Truck owners

venom505
12-17-2013, 07:46 AM
"Ram Srt10 trucks will not be allowed to join the VOA nationally as full members". Voted down 1 to 28 at board of directors meeting 12/12/13. Not to be disrespectful to any board members but with 800+ club members shouldn't this be a members vote?

Voice of Reason
12-17-2013, 08:10 AM
It's not called SRT Owners Association. One shared component does not a car make, otherwise maybe we should let Dart owners in, I share their nav/touch screen.

Space Truckin
12-17-2013, 08:13 AM
"Ram Srt10 trucks will not be allowed to join the VOA nationally as full members". Voted down 1 to 28 at board of directors meeting 12/12/13. Not to be disrespectful to any board members but with 800+ club members shouldn't this be a members vote?

:t0152:

Allan
12-17-2013, 08:13 AM
It's not called SRT Owners Association. One shared component does not a car make, otherwise maybe we should let Dart owners in, I share their nav/touch screen.Yeah......exactly.

Besides, don't they have their own thing going anyway?

DrTaco
12-17-2013, 08:49 AM
I agree/support the decision. It has NOTHING to do with a "my car is better than yours" mentality either, simply when I come to this forum I want to exchange info on VIPERS. I do not want to do a forum search on a problem I'm having and come up with solutions for SRT4s, Rams or SRT8s. No biggie. If I ever buy a Ram one of the first things I will do is to join one of those dedicated forums as well.

BlknBlu
12-17-2013, 08:57 AM
My vote came from a result of polling the members in the region. I left the decision up to them.

Bruce

daytonprowler
12-17-2013, 08:59 AM
Check with your Regional President for associate memberships for Viper Truck owners.

We here in Ohio welcome Viper Truck owners as associate members. We don't care where they are from. :) either contact me daytonprowler@yahoo.com or our Ohio club secretary Janey White at wwhite82@aol.com .

This year we will also be featuring some of our member's Viper trucks in our annual Ohio Viper Club calendar. :)

ViperTony
12-17-2013, 09:41 AM
I voted in favor of it. It's a Viper truck from the factory. Then again, the V.O.A doesn't stand for "Viper Owner's Sports Car Association" either for those of you that want to get technical. :rolleyes: Viper Trucks will be allowed as associate members in the NY/CT region. We welcome fellow Viper brothers and sisters even in truck form. :dude3:

XSnake
12-17-2013, 09:50 AM
All truck guys that are wanting to join should contact their regions president and finding out how they are handling it.

Nine Ball
12-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Excluding anyone that wants to participate within a paid car club is simply ignorant. The club should be for Viper fanatics, owning a Viper shouldn't be mandatory. Seems elitist and unwelcoming, in my opinion.

FLATOUT
12-17-2013, 10:02 AM
What's wrong with an associate membership? This is the Viper club, a Viper Truck is a Hybrid Viper platform so it seems to me that an associate membership fits the nature of the difference just fine.

I don't know I don't really see anything wrong with the decision it's not like anyone said the Trucks weren't welcome.

Nine Ball
12-17-2013, 10:10 AM
The fact that the board voted 1 to 28 against this topic tells me that old VCA habits are hard to break. I thought this club was going to be different? There are shops and numerous guys that modify those SRT-10 trucks, maybe even more than most Viper owners. That wealth of technical info gets shown the door?

Janni
12-17-2013, 10:17 AM
The fact that the board voted 1 to 28 against this topic tells me that old VCA habits are hard to break. I thought this club was going to be different? There are shops and numerous guys that modify those SRT-10 trucks, maybe even more than most Viper owners. That wealth of technical info gets shown the door?

Not fair. It's a Viper car club. That has not changed.

I am personally a little tired of anytime someone sees a democratic decision that is posted / shared that does not go their way - they raise the "you are the VCA flag".

We are different. In many ways. And having the Presidents vote on this as the board of directors is one way we're different. Posting the meeting minutes in 48 hours is another. I am sorry it didn't go the way you wanted, but that doesn't mean we're ignorant.

I suspect several regions will be having Truck owners as associate members.

Janni - out

I'll say no more on this.

RedTanRT/10
12-17-2013, 10:25 AM
It's not called SRT Owners Association. One shared component does not a car make, otherwise maybe we should let Dart owners in, I share their nav/touch screen.

Those trucks and branded and badged "viper"

Should be allowed to have a full membership and their own forum

Nine Ball
12-17-2013, 10:27 AM
I am personally a little tired of anytime someone sees a democratic decision that is posted / shared that does not go their way - they raise the "you are the VCA flag".

Actions speak louder than words.

Like this action. Can't even have a discussion about something, but prefers to tell it like it is. I thought this was a club, I don't need another boss.

Sam Goldfarb
12-17-2013, 10:29 AM
[All negative comments have been removed by author! It is juvenile, not funny and makes the VOA look bad. The VOA reserves all rights to make itself look bad!

XSnake
12-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Should be allowed to have a full membership and their own forum

They do have their own forum

http://driveviper.com/forums/forums/79-Viper-Trucking

Sybil TF
12-17-2013, 10:33 AM
I don't need another boss.:smilielol:

XSnake
12-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Like this action. Can't even have a discussion about something, but prefers to tell it like it is. I thought this was a club, I don't need another boss.

Looks like a 15 page discussion here: http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/417-Suggestion-on-Membership-Ram-Srt10?highlight=truck

Same OP as this thread, hmm...

Nine Ball
12-17-2013, 10:37 AM
I belong to a few different paid car clubs also, SAM.(btw, text size is fine as-is)

We do not discourage enthusiasts of those model car clubs from joining, regardless of what they own. If someone is a Camaro fanatic, and wants to participate in the club and meet the members, we encourage them to come out. We do not act elitist and tell the non-owners that they cannot be a part of the club. Some of them are saving up for the cars, some are previous owners who are still fans. The Viper trucks say Viper on them, last time I checked. Your T-bird doesn't say "Mustang" on it, anywhere. Your 1997 Dodge truck doesn't say "Viper" on it, either.

I was hoping for a more relaxed atmosphere, a place that would embrace ALL those who love everything Viper. Not just those who are fortunate to own them.

ViperTony
12-17-2013, 10:39 AM
If you don't get your way then it's the same old stuff? I was just waiting for this mentality to surface! How long before the cry babies start asking for a new club? Oh, and the fact that the Presidents got to vote at all can't be an old habit as they NEVER were allowed to vote in the past for any National issue! What wealth of technical information crosses over to a Viper from a truck other than engine mods?

I have many other cars. I have Corvettes, I can't join a Camaro Club. They share far more parts than an engine. I also can't join a Corvette Club with a Camaro. I have a Corvette engine in a 46 Ford Coupe, can't join the Corvette Club or the Ford club! My Tbird won't let me into a Mustang Club same engine and many other parts! I also own a 1997 Dodge 1/2 ton PU with a Gen I Viper engine and an automatic transmission, probably can't join the Ram SRT10 club with that? Has anyone ever asked to join the Ram SRT10 club with a Viper?

We welcome Ram SRT10 trucks at all of our events here in Ohio, not sure they belong on a track with a Viper, just my opinion.

It's NOT the VPA&TOA, Viper Powered Autos & Trucks Owners Association

Any possibility you can tone down the bold screaming letters in your posts? Relax.

Brian GTS
12-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Not fair. It's a Viper car club. That has not changed.

We are different. In many ways. And having the Presidents vote on this as the board of directors is one way we're different. Posting the meeting minutes in 48 hours is another. I am sorry it didn't go the way you wanted, but that doesn't mean we're ignorant.

I suspect several regions will be having Truck owners as associate members.

Janni - out

Correct Janni. To make the comparison with the VCA is very unfair. This was a democratic decision executed properly....not just votes from a few National board members. All regional Presidents voted. A completely democratic and fair decision.

ViperTony
12-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Correct Janni. To make the comparison with the VCA is very unfair. This was a democratic decision executed properly....not just votes from a few National board members. All regional Presidents voted. A completely democratic and fair decision.

Agreed 100%. This vote would've never seen the light of day over there let alone allow all region presidents to have a say/vote. Even though it didn't turn out as I had hoped it would the process was fair and transparent.

Nine Ball
12-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't all current presidents elected during their tenure at the VCA? As far as I know, VOA officer elections haven't happened yet. In that situation, maybe the "democratic" method should have been to extend the vote to all VOA members, via poll. At least until VOA elections are completed.

Look at my post count. I participate and contribute a lot of my time and knowledge on this site. I want it to be successful. Don't be afraid to expand your way of thinking, the VCA did very little well. I'd like to see something fresh, with minimal politics. Back to focusing on the cars and enthusiasts that love them.

Tony

Sam Goldfarb
12-17-2013, 11:03 AM
All negative comments have been removed by author! It is juvenile, not funny and makes the VOA look bad. The VOA reserves all rights to make itself look bad!

FLATOUT
12-17-2013, 11:13 AM

I don't see anyone showing them the door, just offering a different type of membership. Doesn't keep any technical info from being shared, and I don't see how it excludes anyone from any events.

If I own a Maserati can I join the Ferrari club? If I own an R8 can I join the club? To me atleast it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal. And if it is actually a big deal just let them in, I can assure you it's not worth fighting over.

99RT10
12-17-2013, 12:03 PM

The discussion was held, here on this forum and with the BOD. In the end, it is a car club. Viper is a car. SRT-10 RAM is not. I support their decision.

Loud
12-17-2013, 12:16 PM
The discussion was held, here on this forum and with the BOD. In the end, it is a car club. Viper is a car. SRT-10 RAM is not. I support their decision.

Agree. And to compare this with VCA is absurd. They are being included as associate members, that in itself is a plus.

Joel
12-17-2013, 12:23 PM
I did not get on the call the other night because of another commitment. I supported SRT-10 Truck owners as associate members. I also think anyone interested in Vipers should be allowed to join as an associate non-voting member. I thought these were ways to spread the news about Vipers and get more folks as owners. I sent my sentiments to Janni and Maurice. Our club will allow SRT-10 Truck owners as members. But, having said all that, I don't have a problem with the national club voting the way it did. This is just to point out we welcome all comers in our region and reserve the right to set our own regional membership standards.

Bugman Jeff
12-17-2013, 12:27 PM
While I never understood the truck thing, I don't like anyone being excluded from a club. I don't think being an owner should be a requirement to join the club. There are hundreds of people who absolutely love Vipers, but can't afford one yet. If they're passion for the car is as big as ours, why shouldn't they be able to join? There's also the issue of "in between Vipers" people. If a guy sells his car, does he get booted until he buys another?

ViperGTS
12-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Viper Owners Association

Period.

Easy to understand - if you want.

P.S.: a Viper is a car not a truck :t0152:

venom505
12-17-2013, 12:59 PM
I voted in favor of it. It's a Viper truck from the factory. Then again, the V.O.A doesn't stand for "Viper Owner's Sports Car Association" either for those of you that want to get technical. :rolleyes: Viper Trucks will be allowed as associate members in the NY/CT region. We welcome fellow Viper brothers and sisters even in truck form. :dude3:

Thanks for your vote Tony. Im sure a lot of the members like myself with both a viper and viper truck appreciate it.

VYPR BYT
12-17-2013, 01:45 PM
Attention;

The code has been Broken!

"Parents claim child prodigy readily identifies difference between cars and trucks on a consistent basis..."

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l514/VYPR_BYT_94/cartruck_zps0e2cf437.jpg (http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/VYPR_BYT_94/media/cartruck_zps0e2cf437.jpg.html)

ViperSmith
12-17-2013, 01:48 PM
I am on the fence with this. I see both sides of the argument.

Rocket
12-17-2013, 01:52 PM
PSS: A Viper is NOT a car .... It's an OBSESSION!

P.S.: a Viper is a car not a truck :t0152:

Bill Pemberton
12-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Hmmm.............Rocket that car is looking quite familiar , but it is usually driven by a great looking lady from Colorado. If I have the correct car, you have 15 seconds to join VOA before you
lose the two beers I will be buying you in Hastings this coming year!

Sundiego
12-17-2013, 03:06 PM
I'm thrilled the new club allows associate members. The truck people can play, and so can Viper people that are between Vipers, or saving for their first one. This is a huge leap forward from the VCA.

Granger73
12-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Excluding anyone that wants to participate within a paid car club is simply ignorant. The club should be for Viper fanatics, owning a Viper shouldn't be mandatory. Seems elitist and unwelcoming, in my opinion.

Right on. Look at the Vette club. No ownership required. They even managed to build a little museum

sparkrn
12-17-2013, 03:26 PM

Amen Brother!!!

Husker
12-17-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm thrilled the new club allows associate members. The truck people can play, and so can Viper people that are between Vipers, or saving for their first one. This is a huge leap forward from the VCA.

Appears to be a good solution in my book. I'm OK with this.

slitherv10
12-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Quite flattering that they and many other car owners would love to join and be part of the Viper club. That in itself though does not constitute a membership. An associate ember with limited rights, yes, a full member of the VIPER club, no. I agree with the decision. An exclusive car needs to be exclusive in very way possible. Not just when its suits an individuals personal reason or financially for the club.
No one said they could not interact on the site. Why do they need more than that?

There is an SRT truck forum...is that not enough for them? Common people. This is a car club. A VIPER CAR club. Not an SRT club or the like. Does a motor constitute being a Viper..is that what it takes? Dodge, Chrysler SRT whomever decided to build these trucks, built them as their own identity. Being a truck a SRT truck owner, you should be proud to stand alone.
Being part of this forum does not take a membership, it takes enthusiasm.
After all, there are a few on here that seem to have an opinion without having a membership. Yet they quote how these are old ways of the VCA. lol...Is being an enthusiast and wanting to be heard on a Member supported site not a double standard?? Isnt it. That is one of the big beefs back in the old site. People thought they were somebody's because of the number of posts they had and the years they posted. That is not what makes this Club what it is. Its the members that invest their hard earned money into this to make it happen. To keep it alive so that enthusiasts can have a place to chatt and be a part of something. Hearing all the negative comments on the boards decision from people that didn't even join is quite humorous. I wish my word had its say in politics but, you gotta be a politician to have your say.
Have your say as a member. Respect the decision as a non member.

City
12-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Some of these posts are silly.

How is this decision ignorant? The club is "for" those that the club chooses and that choice is made by the club's directors. In our case the directors are 4 club officers and ALL of the region presidents. I fear your "elitist" comment reflects more on YOUR issue than the feelings of those that voted.

As other have mentioned, the VCA comment is simply untrue; more the vindictive behavior of a teenager that doesn't get their way. Frankly I was surprised at the rather strong majority against allowing truck owners as national members. Although a specific vote was not taken to allow each region's self determination, I think that opinion was overwhelmingly opposite. In fact, as the discussion progressed, I think the fact that there was such strong support voiced in favor of regional self determination with regard to trucks as associate members, that it influenced the national vote. Most presidents felt specifically comfortable knowing that truck owners would NOT be ostracized from the club.

Isn't this a discussion?

I belong to a few different paid car clubs also, SAM.(btw, text size is fine as-is)

We do not discourage enthusiasts of those model car clubs from joining, regardless of what they own. If someone is a Camaro fanatic, and wants to participate in the club and meet the members, we encourage them to come out. We do not act elitist and tell the non-owners that they cannot be a part of the club. Some of them are saving up for the cars, some are previous owners who are still fans. The Viper trucks say Viper on them, last time I checked. Your T-bird doesn't say "Mustang" on it, anywhere. Your 1997 Dodge truck doesn't say "Viper" on it, either.

I was hoping for a more relaxed atmosphere, a place that would embrace ALL those who love everything Viper. Not just those who are fortunate to own them.

What your other clubs do is their business. Why should that have any bearing on the VOA?
It appears to me that you are the exclusive poster in this thread that is not relaxed. No one is disparaging Viper trucks. And I'll mention again, your comment regarding "fortunate owners" reflects more on YOUR issue than the feelings of those that voted. You might want to consider why your feel so threatened by this decision.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't all current presidents elected during their tenure at the VCA? As far as I know, VOA officer elections haven't happened yet. In that situation, maybe the "democratic" method should have been to extend the vote to all VOA members, via poll. At least until VOA elections are completed.

Look at my post count. I participate and contribute a lot of my time and knowledge on this site. I want it to be successful. Don't be afraid to expand your way of thinking, the VCA did very little well. I'd like to see something fresh, with minimal politics. Back to focusing on the cars and enthusiasts that love them.

Tony

So now it's not enough that every region president is involved in every VOA decision? We need to have every member vote? We've got over 800 members already, with membership growing every day. Should we have the first 500 vote, or those that became members on the specific day the question is called? Can you begin to see how unwieldy your "democracy" would become? Silly.

You are welcome as a member of this website forum. You will be welcome as an associate member in your region (though I can't speak specifically to that since it's a region decision). I am actually sorry that Viper Truck members cannot become full national VOA members. But the decision was reasonable if not unfortunate. Please continue to discuss the matter as you see fit up to the point of disparaging the process and the board members as they are all doing EVERYTHING possible to distinguish themselves from the VCA.

slitherv10
12-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Dude, your comprehension sucks.....

Not one truck owner complained... not one

Dude...I have personally had a hand full of them complaining...so if you don't know your facts, keep your comments to yourself. Further more, I don't need a complaint to voice my opinion. I am after all a member with an input.
Listen, I am not here to argue, I am for the same reason the rest of us are. To start fresh and not make the mistakes that were dealt out in the last site. Joining a club with a fee should have its privileges. I for one would not join a club that does not have an exclusiveness to it yet charges a fee. If that were the case I could join a few other other Viper sites/forums for free and chatt there. There has to be some sort of "special purpose" when your a member. You have to respect that and understand the true concept of being a paid member. Otherwise its just another forum as are the others.

Owning a Viper is special. Being part of the club should feel the same. IMHO

No disrespect though ViperJeff, I know your an active poster and your input is always respected.

Shooter
12-17-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm sorry. I don't see the problem. They can join regions as Associate member's. Seems pretty fair to me. Especially considering it's a truck...not a Viper. And the best part is we get to have a discussion about it. Right here. And no one is getting banned about it.

Anonymous
12-17-2013, 06:32 PM
When the poll was done it was 50% to50% almost,but I don't think that was members, I really think its to close to call as far as members go.I wouldn't mind the trucks, but I understand the other side also.

plumcrazy
12-17-2013, 06:35 PM
cant we all just get along ?

LifeIsGood
12-17-2013, 06:48 PM
...is simply ignorant.

You really need to get over yourself. You really like being a contrarian. This is the Vipers Owners Association...we all know that means Viper sports cars, not Viper engine powered trucks or Viper engine powered motorcycles.

Coloviper
12-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Solution is the Viper Truck owners also by a Viper car, then they can join. The moment my MegaMillions number comes in Tuesday, I am adding a Ram SRT-10 to my stable (just for fun) Ha! Ha! Associate membership will work fine.

I suggest Execs here put a nice "welcoming" post together for Ram SRT-10 owners explaining how an associate member ship works and that they are welcome on the forums.

Nothing more to argue about and everyone wins!

Torquemonster06
12-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Solution is the Viper Truck owners also by a Viper car, then they can join. The moment my MegaMillions number comes in Tuesday, I am adding a Ram SRT-10 to my stable (just for fun) Ha! Ha! Associate membership will work fine.

I suggest Execs here put a nice "welcoming" post together for Ram SRT-10 owners explaining how an associate member ship works and that they are welcome on the forums.

Nothing more to argue about and everyone wins!

I agree. 100%

slitherv10
12-17-2013, 07:31 PM
I have to give the truck owners a lot of credit though. Although they don't own a Viper, they would rather be a member than an enthusiast. That does say a lot over the people who do own a Viper yet have not joined.

Hats off to you guys.

Torquemonster06
12-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Again.... I agree 100% Slitherv10

Nine Ball
12-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Just to clarify, I wasn't arguing for the trucks specifically. I was stating my opinion that a car club should be welcoming to anyone that has enthusiasm for the car. As mentioned, several other national brands do not require ownership. The Corvette museum was a good example someone mentioned above. I'd love to see a Viper museum someday. To exclude anyone just doesn't seem to make sense to me. I do have a little history about building brand specific car forums and clubs, which were very successful and didn't cost the members a cent. We didn't exclude people, we encouraged them to participate.

Anyways, I'm over it.

Troublemaker
12-17-2013, 08:15 PM

I could not agree more. I have been one of if not the biggest pain in the a$$ on this subject. I am not going to beat this poor horse, I am just disapointed in the decision, nothing else.

We need to get over ourselves. We want this car to make it, that means attracting new buyers. Potential buyers don't own Viper right now, and we are trying to attract them to the car. I despise seeing the word exclusive on here. Maybe the world of the " much higher income, much higher education level" isnt for me.

hawk02
12-17-2013, 08:34 PM
I thought this was over weeks ago?????????? I think we're all set gentleman and ladies.............

ACRucrazy
12-17-2013, 08:46 PM
Personally not allowing truck owners to join seems silly. There is a wealth of knowledge on the Viper Truck Club. If an owner wants to pay to be a member is that a bad thing?

http://www.vipertruckregistry.com/
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f8/viper-truck-owners-unite-46798/
https://www.facebook.com/VTCOA?directed_target_id=0

Notice how smoothly Viper Truck rolls off the tongue.

Troublemaker
12-17-2013, 08:55 PM
I thought this was over weeks ago?????????? I think we're all set gentleman and ladies.............

That's one the issues with dealing with a group that's this passionate about a car, we tend to be passionate about about other things also. I have come to the point in my life that if I got an answer I don't like, it's because I asked the wrong question.
B

SmoknTires
12-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Guys, if I can chime in. I know if someone doesn't get a vote the way they wanted - the simple solution is ask others or more people (the entire population). The reality however is that the leaders of all the regions are your representative and attend all the meetings - and should also model what the majority would want. A small group used to make decision in the other club - the officers carried a lot of weight and influence. Now we have a group of 35 discussing and it's an open floor. It was a great discussion and everyone was open to it, but in the end there were just too many reasons why it's not an easy thing to simply do. And we can't have (now nearly 900) people vote.... the logistics of such a vote is terrifically cumbersome. In cases where a member vote is initiated, you need to include all people - which includes those not in the forums, not on email, etc...

As with everything the majority would rule. It was clear that many leaders did not want to widen the scope of the club and change what it already had as we were first and foremost a car club and almost everyone felt we should keep it that way. There were also other issues raised with regard to where we should stop. Others commented on the fact that there are many more who over the cars who would oppose, and it could really cause an issue. And lastly, looking for a funding perspective, the club doesn't need to consider this as a revenue generator (and thank god) since we have the money we need to operate.

So I just wanted to frame this with some perspective. For anyone complaining, contact me personally and explain how you might be more "fair". We would love to accommodate everyone and any good ideas is welcome. But we have a huge representative group, and to simply continue asking more and more people until we perhaps get a different answer - isn't the right motivation for a proper ruling. And frankly, given the talk we had and complications we discussed, if all members voted I sense we'd have a similar outcome.

At a time when so much is new, I understand how some might feel this is an opportune time to lobby adding a whole additional component to the club. And while it was voted down, I want anyone not thrilled with that decision to be reasonable and understand that it's not always going to swing your way. There has been huge discussion and lobbying on this, much more than anyone would have anticipated. And it's for that reason that it was considered.

I'll tell you even in my role I've had to compromise a lot, because in large groups everyone's vote counts as less and more people have to agree before something passes (and therein lies the safety to avoid a control by a select few).

We have a foundation that miraculously went in quite well. But now as we deal with smaller details lets not get hung up and lose sight of the big picture. We need to also honor the decisions made and not get analysis-paralysis. It's not a hill to die on and there are still options there that should work well enough for folks. Onward and upward!

Chorps
12-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Like it was said earlier, I find it a bit jarring that the poll on the forums was near 50/50 yet the vote was so lopsided...not saying there is any funny business but I'm not so sure the Presidents had polled their regions rather than making a call on what they thought was best for the club.

Most of the truck owners sounding off here have been classy and respectful, and I don't doubt there's a good bunch of them that would be great contributors here too. However, if it's not to be, it's not to be.

Sybil TF
12-18-2013, 01:18 AM
Dude, your comprehension sucks.....

Not one truck owner complained... not one:smilielol:

FLATOUT
12-18-2013, 05:45 AM
Like it was said earlier, I find it a bit jarring that the poll on the forums was near 50/50 yet the vote was so lopsided...not saying there is any funny business but I'm not so sure the Presidents had polled their regions rather than making a call on what they thought was best for the club.

Most of the truck owners sounding off here have been classy and respectful, and I don't doubt there's a good bunch of them that would be great contributors here too. However, if it's not to be, it's not to be.

No one said they can't contribute here in fact we welcome it.

Matt M, Pa
12-18-2013, 06:34 AM
I suppose my thoughts have no value as I'm not a VOA member...but...

My car club allows anyone to join...whether they have a Mopar or not. As a region President, I welcome everyone to our meetings and events. There is no better way to get folks interested in your club or cars than including them. That being said, my club does not offer anything other than a full membership...and a person cannot be a local region member without joining the national club. (This has been proven to hurt membership..but I get out voted every time and have stopped fighting about it.)

An associate membership is a great start...but I would agree that anyone with an interest in Vipers should be welcomed.

Sam Goldfarb
12-18-2013, 09:00 AM
All negative comments have been removed by author! It is juvenile, not funny and makes the VOA look bad. The VOA reserves all rights to make itself look bad!

Sam Goldfarb
12-18-2013, 09:35 AM

Sam Goldfarb
12-18-2013, 10:09 AM

Sybil TF
12-18-2013, 10:14 AM
WORK, what a nasty filthy four letter word! Tried it once, gave it up years ago!:witless:
Government employed?:confused:

Sam Goldfarb
12-18-2013, 11:33 AM

Coloviper
12-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Jaded? Ha! Ha!

In the end, I have to follow my Grandfather's advice from 100 years ago as simplistic as it is. Since there is very little the common man can change or influence in government, "if you are in a position to pay taxes, then you are in a pretty good position." If you think about that some, the reality will settle in. Think about the man sleeping in the street.

Sounds like you have done just well, all things considered. Sold my portion of an international engineering business in 2007 (at the age of 34) but never came close to retiring. All it did was pay off all our bills (except mortgage), finish our basement, put a shinny new 2006 Viper Coupe in the garage and a little rainy day money in the savings account.

BTW don't forget about the 1/2 of working people that never paid their taxes either!

Sam Goldfarb
12-18-2013, 02:49 PM

Coloviper
12-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Crazy stuff out there isn't there, Sam! Maybe the IRS wants to garnish their profits as they happen this time while working with them.

Can you believe the CEO of GM had the balls to just say the bailout was a non-repay commitment and not a loan; in place and required to keep jobs. CEO of GM stated, they are not even considering a payback on the "bail-out". He refused to even call it a loan. Honestly anyone that supports that company is crazy. Vette or not, what a D-Bag.

ViperTony
12-18-2013, 06:35 PM
Just read an article that the IRS is doing business with vendors that owe taxes in excess of $600 million? Taxes! Imagine what the profits were to owe that much in tax and then they didn't pay them.

Wasn't there a report recently about Obama's staffers who owe taxes? Hey, if it's good for Obama it must be good for the IRS. Just sayin'. :t1207:

Joel
12-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Time to delete this thread. Started with trucks. Now denegrated to politics. Let's move on.

Jaded? Ha! Ha!

In the end, I have to follow my Grandfather's advice from 100 years ago as simplistic as it is. Since there is very little the common man can change or influence in government, "if you are in a position to pay taxes, then you are in a pretty good position." If you think about that some, the reality will settle in. Think about the man sleeping in the street.

Sounds like you have done just well, all things considered. Sold my portion of an international engineering business in 2007 (at the age of 34) but never came close to retiring. All it did was pay off all our bills (except mortgage), finish our basement, put a shinny new 2006 Viper Coupe in the garage and a little rainy day money in the savings account.

BTW don't forget about the 1/2 of working people that never paid their taxes either!

moparracing
12-18-2013, 10:16 PM
I agree/support the decision. It has NOTHING to do with a "my car is better than yours" mentality either, simply when I come to this forum I want to exchange info on VIPERS. I do not want to do a forum search on a problem I'm having and come up with solutions for SRT4s, Rams or SRT8s. No biggie. If I ever buy a Ram one of the first things I will do is to join one of those dedicated forums as well.

i agree 100%.

Sam Goldfarb
12-19-2013, 07:10 AM

whitebeard
12-19-2013, 07:33 AM
Since the topic has degraded to nothing more than a political dissertation, I would like to propose the thread be closed. At this point is fails to give the intent of the original post, failed to remain on track, and decided become a small wreck of ideas, thoughts and phases William Shakespeare would not use to try and describe a fishing expedition to the north pole with Admiral Byrd. NOTE: my comments are not aimed at ANYONE, just as an in general.

To those who own the truck: You are not being tossed away. Far from it. Solutions come from reasonable debate, constructive answers and the willing to compromise. Keep an open mind, and work within the lines as the place starts to get a feel for itself. It just started and there is room for growth. Every Redwood started as a seedling. FWIW

(statement edited in Office 365, and thanks to Sister Anita and Sister Margarette from Saint Mary's of the Snow school located in Saugerties NY. Class of 78)

Sam Goldfarb
12-19-2013, 09:03 AM

Space Truckin
12-19-2013, 09:14 AM
:t1207: As I am on the fence about having Trucks included w full membership, I have perused this read for pros/ cons not political opinions. JM2C

Sam Goldfarb
12-19-2013, 10:15 AM

Loud
12-19-2013, 10:21 AM
Are there some posting guidelines anywhere? I read the terms link at the bottom of the page and nothing I found seems to address what is proper and what would cause a thread to be closed. Does that mean it goes to VCA thread heaven? Or is it locked and can no longer be added to.

Certainly somebody has to have some type of rules somewhere. You know like the people in India that have a book that gives them the answers to give you depending on the question/problem you have when you need support on ANYTHING.

Rather than delete a thread or close it, just change the thread title. That could be fun! It would probably take a lot of us a couple pages before we remembered that we had already read this somewhere!

Maybe another poll to see how many want to close it or keep it going!

Common sense doesn't need a guideline. Either bring it back on topic, or stop posting. You should open another thread about that book people in India use, I'd certainly like to know more.

City
12-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Are there some posting guidelines anywhere? I read the terms link at the bottom of the page and nothing I found seems to address what is proper and what would cause a thread to be closed. Does that mean it goes to VCA thread heaven? Or is it locked and can no longer be added to.

Whitebeard was simply inquiring as to whether it would be wise to close/lock the thread. "Locking" would simply leave the thread to be viewed but would prohibit any further posts in the thread. For the record we have absolutely no connection, directions, knowledge nor interest in any VCA heaven.

Coloviper
12-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Sorry, I tried to connect with another member on something he responded to which turned out to hijack the thread for a few brief posts. Guess I assumed it would go back on topic. Apologized it seemed to offend so many people that they felt the thread must be deleted, locked or whatever.

Fellows, as there was no foul language, dirty pictures or whatever taking place in some of the responses (there was not even malice or anger between Sam and I as we connected), I suggest you step back a bit look where this is heading the past few weeks. It appears that people don't want the lock-down dishonesty of the old place (VCA), nor the extreme openness and abrasiveness of the other place (Alley) and they want somewhere in between. Not sure the actions the past few weeks are in line with the later.

I just dropped off the previous deleted item thread from posting further and let it be after I expressed my peace, yet a discussion between two paying members at the trailing end of a thread that was pretty much finished anyway is suggested to be deleted and move on, like this is an assembly line of sorts, I guess I just don't get it. I mean I get it as forums have rules, etc. but to then have a Regional President make the remark and suggestion, that I don't get.

I guess it may be helpful to understand what the intention of the VOA forums is (in the eyes of the club and execs) and the guidelines. Just so you are aware, this kind of stuff as being discussed like this is not fun nor encouraging friendships within the club (which can only happen when you converse with people) and is not how I want to enjoy my free time when I have any. I have very high hopes for the VOA and am looking very, very forward to the events and real world get together/discussions in person this coming year. Saying that though, the forums, sorry, just not fun right now. What pressing issues are so relevant that we must just move on.

Sybil TF
12-19-2013, 02:49 PM
J Maybe when the VOA 14th amendment is passed 60 years form now due to diminishing Viper Survivors, this thread can be revisited.

Have a Great Day
Vj

:lol2:

plumcrazy
12-19-2013, 03:45 PM
jeez, you guys are quick to delete threads around here :)

J/k....poking fun at myself here

Viper Girl
12-19-2013, 06:12 PM
:iamwithstupid:

MurderedQC
12-21-2013, 05:10 PM
]Ok, I was not going to post but I just find it funny. I myself own an srt10 ram. There are plenty of vipers in our friends and family such as my brothers srt10 conv, vooodoo viper, acr-x, new gts etc. I got my truck to be different, and I am sure I could have afforded an rt10 for the price I got my truck. We share a common motor and drivetrain such as the t-56. I did not think that the Viper Guys were this (may I say) unsupportive of each other? You have a supercar and we have a supertruck. I use to think the Viper Guys were different, but maybe im wrong. I have been to a few VOA Events and actually was planning on attending the event in February in IL. I actually bought my truck 2 years ago on the VOA night in IL. To those that said its VOA (viper owners of america). Well I pop my hood and it sure says Viper. It is not VCOA aka Viper Cars of America. I was hoping for a better turn out on this voting and hoping to see Trucks included. I know that some events at tracks or auto-x couldnt include the trucks but then state where trucks would be allowed. The cruise to Road America would have been Awesome to include the trucks and show a great turnout for srt and viper. We share a common badge and common motor. Us truck guys may be a little fatter, but we still have the same heart beat as you car guys. FYI a lot of the car guys I have met have been great people and I have been happy to meet them, especially at AutoBahn when I got to ride along with an instructor. I was just hoping to be more included as a truck guy.

Sam Goldfarb
12-21-2013, 05:35 PM

MurderedQC
12-21-2013, 05:37 PM
I would have no issue being an associate member, its just how things seem to have been handled and the reactions of members. (plus if I wanted to be a member there are a few unregistered vins in the garage ;) )

Sam Goldfarb
12-21-2013, 05:52 PM

slitherv10
12-21-2013, 05:58 PM
I would have no issue being an associate member, its just how things seem to have been handled and the reactions of members. (plus if I wanted to be a member there are a few unregistered vins in the garage ;) )

Exactly..so on that note...you have answered your own question. Its not about what the letters or numbers say on a Vin..its about owning a CAR....a CAR ...a real life Viper Car..not a truck with a motor in it and not a Vin number sitting in a garage. Its about owning the CAR. GEEZ. Don't see why your not happy with being an associate and you just have to be a member...lol...its a VIPER CAR club..come on!! Not truck club. There is an SRT truck forum no???? Is that not good enough. If not...your welcome to chatt here. NO one said you can't. You just can't be a member. Save your doe and chatt like everyone else. Man this is becoming old. It starting to put a bitter taste in our mouths guys. Please start to respect the clubs identity and move on. I've seen threads and posts how you guys have trucks that are faster than some cars and shinier and bigger and more expensive...lol...good for you guys...but...that does not justify the fact that your a TRUCK...trying to join a car club.
Suck it up guys.

moparracing
12-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Exactly..so on that note...you have answered your own question. Its not about what the letters or numbers say on a Vin..its about owning a CAR....a CAR ...a real life Viper Car..not a truck with a motor in it and not a Vin number sitting in a garage. Its about owning the CAR. GEEZ. Don't see why your not happy with being an associate and you just have to be a member...lol...its a VIPER CAR club..come on!! Not truck club. There is an SRT truck forum no???? Is that not good enough. If not...your welcome to chatt here. NO one said you can't. You just can't be a member. Save your doe and chatt like everyone else. Man this is becoming old. It starting to put a bitter taste in our mouths guys. Please start to respect the clubs identity and move on. I've seen threads and posts how you guys have trucks that are faster than some cars and shinier and bigger and more expensive...lol...good for you guys...but...that does not justify the fact that your a TRUCK...trying to join a car club.
Suck it up guys.

Couldn't have said it better myself........

Space Truckin
12-21-2013, 06:07 PM

As a casual observer of this thread, your posts strike me as odd. In one post you are a Viper Truck owner, in another post you have unregistered "vins" in the garage. What is the purpose of your posts......

MurderedQC
12-21-2013, 06:10 PM
I myself own an srt10 ram, in my family and friends there are multiple vipers with some owning more than one. From a 2013 gts to Acr-x to rt/10. I myself bought my srt10 ram not due to money but do to the change of pace from the cars and to be different. I just did not see this as being such an exclusion in the "viper group".

I was not trying to cause an uproar, just was truly hoping to be able to be included in more events in the upcoming year. I see my brother and cousins and uncles all going to events all the time and just feel excluded. I knew there was talk about the trucks and was disappointed to hear the outcome, just had to vent maybe ha.

Shooter
12-21-2013, 06:23 PM
I myself bought my srt10 ram not due to money but do to the change of pace from the cars and to be different.

I see my brother and cousins and uncles all going to events all the time and just feel excluded

You bought the truck to be different, yet feel excluded because of it.

You want to join a Viper club?......buy a Viper

slitherv10
12-21-2013, 06:24 PM
I myself own an srt10 ram, in my family and friends there are multiple vipers with some owning more than one. From a 2013 gts to Acr-x to rt/10. I myself bought my srt10 ram not due to money but do to the change of pace from the cars and to be different. I just did not see this as being such an exclusion in the "viper group".

I was not trying to cause an uproar, just was truly hoping to be able to be included in more events in the upcoming year. I see my brother and cousins and uncles all going to events all the time and just feel excluded. I knew there was talk about the trucks and was disappointed to hear the outcome, just had to vent maybe ha.

Like we all have said before. There is nothing wrong with coming out and joining us for an outing or 2. Friends are always welcome during most events. Around here anyway.

BlknBlu
12-21-2013, 06:27 PM
I hope the message here is that we all love the Viper trucks but the Majority vote by the Presidents wanted it to just include the cars for National Membership. I voted per what my region wanted to see, not my own personal vote. Now regions themselves are opening up Associate memberships to the Ram SRT10 comminuty and welcome them with open arms. The National Forum has dedicated a forum section for the truck guys. That alone says a lot for the love of the vehicles. The National Board was the sounding board on the vote and listened as to what the Regional Presidents had to say.

I look forward to having the Ram SRT10 folks included in our regional events.

Bruce

MurderedQC
12-21-2013, 06:30 PM
I hope the message here is that we all love the Viper trucks but the Majority vote by the Presidents wanted it to just include the cars for National Membership. I voted per what my region wanted to see, not my own personal vote. Now regions themselves are opening up Associate memberships to the Ram SRT10 comminuty and welcome them with open arms. The National Forum has dedicated a forum section for the truck guys. That alone says a lot for the love of the vehicles. The National Board was the sounding board on the vote and listened as to what the Regional Presidents had to say.

I look forward to having the Ram SRT10 folks included in our regional events.

Bruce

Thank you, as that was the best response and well written. Thank you for not bashing that we have a different platform and clarifying that my 6000 lb truck is not a car.

cobraken
12-22-2013, 03:42 PM
I was not disappointed by the the vote of the VOA BOD. I own both the cars and trucks that are discussed here. What bothered me the most is the disrespect that some of the Viper owners' showed on the forum. There are some members I would never associate with because of what has been represented. I understand some of the desire to keep this a car club but was TOTALLY surprised of the vehement opposition to the truck.

Fortunately most of the members are true motor heads that love machines. Most GET the truck. Most have egos not based on their ownership of a Viper. Most are not disrespectful of another's passion. Most would like to also have an SRT Ram Viper truck in their garage.

I like the idea an associate membership for truck owners. I have never felt anything but a welcome when I've chosen to take one of my trucks instead of one of the Vipers to a Viper event. I hope that continues.

Leslie
12-22-2013, 06:28 PM
There are mods here that don't own a Viper, how is that different?

I am disappointed in the vote.

I think we should be supporting ANYONE with a passion for the Viper!

Then even the mods AND Viper trucks could attend events!

Troublemaker
12-22-2013, 07:40 PM
There are mods here that don't own a Viper, how is that different?

I am disappointed in the vote.

I think we should be supporting ANYONE with a passion for the Viper!

Then even the mods AND Viper trucks could attend events!

I brought that up once, received a tap dance answer. I completely agree with you and I'm actually a little disappointed in the Vote. I thought this club was supposed to be more open minded, but from some of responses I read in my poll, I know I was wrong. I am done arguing this.

slitherv10
12-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Hey listen,

I have a Viper powered Camaro and don't see why I can't be a member as well. I could definitely add some input motor and build wise and may teach a few things for some here. I also have a friend who couldn't afford a Viper and so got a motor for 7K and put it in his Daytona truck. I would be glad to tell him that is it is ok for him to join the club as well.
hey why not advertise this club as a come one come all who love the Viper and join. No prerequisite required. Just the love of the Car or motor or whatever. Even if you have a Viper paintjob, come on over. As long as you have something with Viper involvement, your in. lol....

I still don't understand why all the fuss over this. Just get it over with.

To tell you the truth, I sometimes wonder what being a member does for me other than allowing me to vote, which I don't do, or have a say in any political view regarding this club, which I would say more than half don't do. So on that note, what more do I get than an enthusiast or associate for that matter. They are allowed to come out to events, they can chatt here, post here, they can even add their 2 cents for decisions regarding the clubs matters. Hmmm sounds like most of us paid members privileges no?

I'll leave it at that. The Pandora box is best left closed here.

Troublemaker
12-23-2013, 10:06 AM
This has been a good debate and both sides have spoken. I feel the SRT10 Ram is a sibling, others view it as a truck. Anything that has had the motor added after it left the factory is just Viper by injection, this truck is a freak of nature but born a Viper in different clothing. I can see why people want to keep the club "pure", but I still think its a major mistake. I do agree that we need to draw a line somewhere, I just feel we drew it one place to early.

ViperSmith
12-23-2013, 10:19 AM
The way I see it is, let the BOD decide for the first year then put it up for the members to vote on in year 1.

If the membership sees the truck owners as should be full members, then why not.

slitherv10
12-23-2013, 10:41 AM
The way I see it is, let the BOD decide for the first year then put it up for the members to vote on in year 1.

If the membership sees the truck owners as should be full members, then why not.

That sounds like a good plan. Put it on a trial basis for a year and see how the members feel and take a vote then.

viperfred
12-23-2013, 12:29 PM
As the owner of a 2005 SRT 10 Quad Cab Ram I understand limiting the membership to Viper Owners and agree. This is a Viper Owners club.

Happy Holidays!

Black Pearl
12-23-2013, 01:27 PM
This has been a good debate and both sides have spoken. I feel the SRT10 Ram is a sibling, others view it as a truck. Anything that has had the motor added after it left the factory is just Viper by injection, this truck is a freak of nature but born a Viper in different clothing. I can see why people want to keep the club "pure", but I still think its a major mistake. I do agree that we need to draw a line somewhere, I just feel we drew it one place to early.

Seems by many of the previous comments the SRT10 Ram is not a sibling, just a Red Headed Step Child.

hawk02
12-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Do some REAL research then and you will see it's a little more than both the "names" given above. Carry on.

Leslie
12-23-2013, 04:13 PM
I brought that up once, received a tap dance answer. I completely agree with you and I'm actually a little disappointed in the Vote. I thought this club was supposed to be more open minded, but from some of responses I read in my poll, I know I was wrong. I am done arguing this.

I just received a pm asking me to not post facts about mods not owning Vipers.

Leslie
12-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Are you saying I am stupid?

I brought up the fact only to suggest that there is a double standard.

I think there should be a level of membership for non-Viper owners to belong in some way....associate, whatever.

Troublemaker
12-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Do some REAL research then and you will see it's a little more than both the "names" given above. Carry on.

I have done quite a bit of research. I was hunting for a B&W Ram before buying my B&W Viper,but its a pretty rare truck. Ironically it's what got me interested in Vipers, which is why I have been so adamant about them being part of the family/club. This car is doomed with its current business case, now telling potential buyers that have a similar obsession with high performance vehicles that they can't join until after they buy a Viper. Someone that thinks its a good idea to buy a truck with a motor for all practical purposes should never have had, is the same mindset as all the rest of us.

Troublemaker
12-23-2013, 05:40 PM
I just received a pm asking me to not post facts about mods not owning Vipers.

I don't know what to even say about this, I have enough burning bridges on this site already.

Sam Goldfarb
12-23-2013, 06:05 PM

venom505
12-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Murdered, the response rang loud and clear for me and I stopped worrying about it long before this thread was started. It was started by a Viper Owner just to rub it in our face. It worked, probably wouldn't become a member when I do pick up a Viper, which is not likely as I would opt for a RAM SRT-10 first due to comfort and usability. As I am currently neither a Viper Owner or a Viper Truck Owner as I have learned that I can bring no value to this organization simply because of what is sitting in my driveway. It makes no difference that my commitment to the Brand is probably greater than most here. I visit here a few times a day to see if there is something additional to learn, however, I generally don't open threads that are related to membership or events. The tech threads are the most fun for me to read as I like to see what people are doing. I'm sure it will take a year or so for that area of the site to grow to be a daily reader. I wish them all the best and that's about the best I can do. Other than that, I'll just be a reader like I am on the VCA and The Viper Garage. 2014 is going to be a Great year for the RAM SRT-10

Cheers
Vj

I'm the Viper owner who started the thread but also a viper truck owner. I started this thread because I have always thought the truck owners should be full members long before this club started. The day they produced the 50, 2004 VCA edition trucks,they should have been allowed to join. If they didn't want them to join they should have never built these trucks. There has never been another VCA labeled special edition other than a viper. I have posted this several times both when I belonged to the VCA and also now at our new club. No one has explained to me why they made these trucks and wouldn't let them join. They also have featured these trucks in at least 4 Viper Quarterly magazines.No other Dodge, Chrysler or Srt vehicle ever has been featured in these magazines. Thats my gripe. Maybe somebody can explain this to you and me. I was not trying to rub anything in your face just trying to help the truck guys out.

XSnake
12-23-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm the Viper owner who started the thread but also a viper truck owner. I started this thread because I have always thought the truck owners should be full members long before this club started. The day they produced the 50, 2004 VCA edition trucks,they should have been allowed to join. If they didn't want them to join they should have never built these trucks. There has never been another VCA labeled special edition other than a viper. I have posted this several times both when I belonged to the VCA and also now at our new club. No one has explained to me why they made these trucks and wouldn't let them join. They also have featured these trucks in at least 4 Viper Quarterly magazines.No other Dodge, Chrysler or Srt vehicle ever has been featured in these magazines. Thats my gripe. Maybe somebody can explain this to you and me. I was not trying to rub anything in your face just trying to help the truck guys out.

This isn't the VCA.

big-n-italian
12-23-2013, 09:19 PM

whats there to explain?

Sam Goldfarb
12-23-2013, 09:27 PM

GreenVenom
12-23-2013, 09:27 PM
These 50 VCA edition trucks that were built, were they for general public sale initially or only to VCA members?

Uncle Paul
12-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Were Viper Trucks ever invited to the VOI's. I seem to remember group photo's with them in the back row.

Sam Goldfarb
12-23-2013, 10:00 PM

Getnlwr
12-23-2013, 10:27 PM
I graduated from an 06 SRT10 RAM to a Gen4 Viper. They really are entirely different vehicles. The mentality of the owners (at least on the forums) are pretty different as well. Not to say that many aren't similar. However I have seen some things on the Viper truck forum that people have done to their trucks that would get a person flogged, hung, drawn, and quartered on here or the "other" forum. Not to say that there aren't a bunch of really great guys. Tony from JTSVP was ALWAYS a great guy to get help from. I'd go back to him in a moment if he had parts that I needed. But the truth is straight forward, these vehicles are drastically different as are the owners. Associate membership seems to be the best option possible and I applaud the clubs decision, and think it's very fair. Granted I am not a member of any of the viper clubs so my opinion isn't worth shit anyway.

Merry Christmas,
GETNLWR

ViperSmith
12-24-2013, 12:03 AM
I am convinced some of you all love drama in your lives.

Shooter
12-24-2013, 12:06 AM
Mr Goldfarb,
The Ohio club is lucky to have a such level headed member. Thank you for your post's on this subject. They make sense and are factual.

I personally do not understand why this is still a sore point. People that have Dodge Ram trucks with the Viper engine were invited to become Associate Members of the Viper Owner's Association. Sounds like a win/win.

Sam Goldfarb
12-24-2013, 12:57 AM

Bugman Jeff
12-25-2013, 09:38 AM
If a guy sells his Viper, does he get booted or knocked down to Associate member because he's no longer an owner? Can he renew his membership if he's "between Vipers?"

LifeIsGood
12-25-2013, 09:47 AM
I am convinced some of you all love drama in your lives.

This.

hawk02
12-25-2013, 09:48 AM
There will soon be a Viper truck running high 6's-low 7's, at near 200mph with around 3,500HP, also driving on the street. Stepping up the game another notch!!!!!! Keep an eye out.... Can't say anymore as it is not my place to.

Sam Goldfarb
12-25-2013, 10:02 AM

Sam Goldfarb
12-25-2013, 10:03 AM

hawk02
12-25-2013, 11:52 AM
We'll have to wait and see, it'll get there so fast he won't have to bother. Lol

Sam Goldfarb
12-25-2013, 12:15 PM

hawk02
12-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Not my truck but when it's done im sure the builder and owner may be willing to discuss your concerns. Have a merry Christmas.

cobraken
12-25-2013, 11:31 PM
So you have a truck that gets to the end of wherever and then you have to unload it's cargo and put it into another one facing another direction? I see why it needs to be so fast! Could take forever to get anything done!

How will it do in one of those endurance races like 200 miles or so? Rights, Lefts, U turns, S turns, and braking repeatedly? That's where lighter quicker more nimble older brother will beat the pants off most any truck. Did I mention that even the slowest Viper will almost go 200 mph with around 400 HP, turn corners and brake. Law enforcement looking the other way, the Viper will go that fast until it runs out of gas. How long will that 6 second truck do 200 MPH? I'm just asking!

It sound like an Awesome Truck but still no Viper!

Sam, Sam, Sam.... You still don't get it. No one here that likes the Viper truck is saying that it is competition for a Viper. There are Viper trucks that do go fast around corners though. I had the experience to ride in a stock SRT 10 Ram in the autocross at VOI 8 with Herb Helwig. He turned faster times than many of the Vipers. I suggest that generally who ever throws the most money at a vehicle will probably win the race.

We get it you don't think the truck owners should be part of the club. We also get that you don't think the Viper truck is anything special. I'm thinking you never have spent much time with these trucks or you wouldn't be SO flippant about them going around corners. You want to guess how many of us that own Vipers have put parts developed for these trucks on our Vipers? You disrespect the Ram SRT 10.

It's true that the truck is not a Viper but then again, the Viper isn't an SRT 10 truck.

I have been on board since the BOD vote to not include the truck for associate membership. I hope that more Viper owners appreciate the truck for what it is. Everyone is right that the truck is not a Viper. But it is an amazing pickup!

Looks like we share the same birthday date.

Sam Goldfarb
12-26-2013, 01:57 AM

dbow119
12-26-2013, 02:04 AM
I can understand why the board of directors voted it down as a full VOA member. I don't think it is meant to be an insult to the Ram SRT-10 truck owners as they have a couple of clubs they could join like the Viper Truck Club of America or a Dodge Ram club. I think the main issue is if you allow the trucks to enter then where do you draw the line without discriminating? For example: Do you allow a Boss Hoss motorcycle that has the Viper's V10 to enter or basically any other vehicle that had a Viper's V10 added to it? There are other issues that have been discussed in other threads so I won't go over them.

This is only my opinion, but I don't think the Ram SRT-10 should be considered a "Viper owner" and I don't mean it as an insult to those individuals who own the truck because personally it is the only truck I would ever want to own. I think they should be allowed to join at a discounted rate if they would like to be a member, but be limited as to where they can post (which is why I say a discounted rate) and they can call it a "Ram SRT-10 owner". For example: They could post under regional events as long as the region they belong to is a region that allows the trucks to participate in events and a small section can be added for Ram SRT-10 forums.

I think realistically this won't happen...at least not any time soon. All I can say to the Ram SRT-10 owners is not to take it personally and to remember the members you have met at a local region rather than a board of directors that realistically very few of us have ever met. I bought my Viper in March and met Chuck Tator and a few other members in a regional event near where I lived. I didn't join the VCA, but I did like the members that I met as almost all of them talked to me about the cars and some went out of their way to show me certain things about the different Vipers that were there. One member even told me, "Even if you don't join the club you're welcomed to attend the events we have." If the region you're interested in joining has that attitude and allows your truck to join in regional events then I think that is the important thing since it is the people you meet up with on a weekly or monthly basis that makes a club memorable.

Sam Goldfarb
12-26-2013, 03:26 AM

XSnake
12-26-2013, 08:00 AM
Well said!

Only point I disagree with is the restricted posting privileges. Instead I advocate a Members Only area where 99% of the posts there should have to do with VOA Club issues.

People that potentially want to join the club may want to see how things are run and the processes that go on with the club. Transparency, or lack thereof is a big reason why this club exists.

Space Truckin
12-26-2013, 08:21 AM
They name the one thing they see as a common thread of DNA, the engine/transmission. Even the transmission isn't true for the automatic version RAM SRT-10 Trucks. Since many constantly belabor the similarities, I simply pointed out some of the differences! The truck supporters did miss things like trim screws, light bulbs, radiator caps, radios etc. Chrysler is famous for shared parts, pick up some old Hollander books and prepare to be amazed what fits what!

As to you thinking that I don't want them in the club, you couldn't be more wrong! I have posted over and over that we have always welcomed them, in Ohio, along with ANYONE that wants to join, as an ASSOCIATE MEMBER!

I tried to keep the thread on topic and I do support RAM SRT-10 as ASSOCIATE MEMBERS.

Let me be the first to wish you Happy Birthday!

Take a look at the marker lights, I found the dna eerily similar. Just sayin

http://i.imgur.com/UIbHnnKl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qAHoXgW.jpg

Sam Goldfarb
12-26-2013, 10:39 AM

cobraken
12-26-2013, 12:53 PM
At last another Member to dialog with!

I don't dislike the truck at all. And yes, I have driven them. I own a "truck" with a Viper engine. It's not a RAM SRT-10, even with a Viper engine and the emblems, and I would never expect it to handle like one of them. It is fast in a straight line! I made the points in that post to illustrate why I don't think the trucks should be allowed to be VOA members. They name the one thing they see as a common thread of DNA, the engine/transmission. Even the transmission isn't true for the automatic version RAM SRT-10 Trucks. Since many constantly belabor the similarities, I simply pointed out some of the differences! The truck supporters did miss things like trim screws, light bulbs, radiator caps, radios etc. Chrysler is famous for shared parts, pick up some old Hollander books and prepare to be amazed what fits what!

As to you thinking that I don't want them in the club, you couldn't be more wrong! I have posted over and over that we have always welcomed them, in Ohio, along with ANYONE that wants to join, as an ASSOCIATE MEMBER!

You also credit me with not thinking the truck special. I think it is the nicest, fastest most AWESOME TRUCK on the planet. I also don't think that girls belong on the boys football team. They share a lot of DNA and parts, they have a huge difference in potential and abilities. Let them have their own team! Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch over my last statement, when was the last time you saw a boy on the girls basketball team or tennis team. That Billie Jean King was a fluke, hand picked for TV with the outcome pre-ordained. Just like a road race would be between a Viper and a RAM SRT-10. I say road race because that is the Viper's forte. Heck, I have been living in fear that the powers that be would recognize that the latest versions of the Viper are so far beyond the capabilities of the original versions that all Gen I,II,IIIs might get relegated to Associate Members, based on some of the points I have made about the differences in vehicle performance.

The Viper was designed as a road race car, PERIOD. You can make a two by four go fast in a straight line and that was what I was responding to!

The days of older Vipers may be numbered, relegated to the Vintage Races, but, at least we will have parts and/or be able to make parts for them, thanks to some forward thinking people that owned some empty unused warehouses with "bargain" rates! LOL

I tried to keep the thread on topic and I do support RAM SRT-10 as ASSOCIATE MEMBERS. I digress occasionally to help people understand my reasoning and thought process. The vote was cast. Had I been involved, I would have done the political thing and attached language to allow them National Associate Membership. Just my opinion! The new BOD decided to allow the Regions to decide for themselves. I respect and will abide by that decision. We don't have to change a thing in Ohio. Our By-Laws already allowed it and our mindset was there to begin with.

I asked a long time ago if a Viper owner could join the RAM SRT-10 club and never did see an answer. Has anyone ever tried to do that?

Let me be the first to wish you Happy Birthday!

Well Sam it looks like we could be friends after all. :)

Wolffie99
12-26-2013, 02:55 PM
Hey Guys!
I just wanted to chime in here and vent a little as well. While I understand the reasons for and against this argument I do not understand why so many members feel the need to disrespect owners of the Viper Trucks. If I was searching the web and was trying to find a club to join as a viper truck owner I would see VOA and think cool this is the Viper Owners Association. That sounds great!! Getting to brass nuts here so many of you are saying Viper owners are not trucks. Anything you read on or see the trucks are called Viper Trucks, and a Viper is a Viper car. This is the Viper owners association, there is no designation on if this is a Viper "Car" club or "Truck" club. Weather you own a Viper car or Viper truck in my opinion you own a piece of the viper heritage. For the owner that said if i have a camaro I can not be in the corvette club, that is ignorant as Chevrolet does not market their camaro as a "Corvette". The truck is marketed as a Viper Truck. Also, considering you all are viper owners I am still in shock with how many of you say if you own a late 90's ram with a "Viper V10" in it why can't I join? Well 2 issues there, that truck was never marketed as a "Viper Truck" nor is this the same engine that exists in the viper itself. According to all the design aspects the 90's truck engine was reworked and redesigned in order to make it applicable to a street car (Viper RT/10).

I will say I do not disagree with the decision made by our regional club representatives, It would be hard to include the trucks at a national level. But from what I see associate membership is a great option. So instead of knocking the ram srt10 owners maybe its time we welcome them with open arms and help them by letting them know how to get involved with their regional clubs. I can understand why the truck owners get upset, some members here feel the need to talk down to them. That's unacceptable. We all have a passion for the Viper nameplate. So instead of talking down to the Viper truck owners lets share the loving viper culture, one I thought was very prevalent among owners, and lets direct them to the information they "need" to become associates not your "opinion" on why they shouldn't be here. Seems pretty self explanatory to me. Long Live the Viper! Excited to see where the new VOA will take us! Thanks for all the hard work getting this club up and running, and thanks for giving truck owners an option to become associates and share in our Viper culture. They could be future viper "Car" owners and the future of the VOA.

Coloviper
12-26-2013, 03:11 PM
I think the more members the better and I have zero against the SRT-10 Ram owners. I hope to be one someday as well as I always consider them a Viper Truck. With that said, I believe there is a National SRT-10 Truck Club correct? With that said, can a Viper car owner join a SRT-10 Viper Truck Club? I don't think we can, so it is pretty cut and dry.

Now this whole thing would just go away if someone listened to my post a while back in this thread. Welcome them openly, let them join the forum as an associate, join the local chapter as an associated. Explain exactly how to join those as associates and party with them at events. It really is not that difficult. Just to show appreciation, the website could set up an SRT-10 Truck and Other section for people to come together and talk.

BTW many should not be talking down to them as they mod things on those trucks that would make most Viper car owners heads spin in a good way. There is valuable knowledge there.

Sam Goldfarb
12-26-2013, 03:54 PM

Leslie
12-26-2013, 04:18 PM
I hope something can be figured out:)

I think it would be awesome to support Viper enthusiasts in ANY way!

Shooter
12-26-2013, 04:39 PM
I hope something can be figured out:)

I think it would be awesome to support Viper enthusiasts in ANY way!

I personally have nothing against the trucks as AM's. I do have a problem with an SRT-10 truck only owner being a full fledged member. It's a truck, not a Viper.

Now to address the other issue that a couple have brought up. Here is a suggestion. The Porsche Club of America lets people that have expressed an interest in owning a Porsche join as a version of associate member for 6 months at a reduced rate. If you do not own a Porsche in 6 months, then you lose the AM until you get one and become a full member. It's a one time deal, but allows people the opportunity to post and access some of the club privileges. Similar to what Sam suggested but they don't get their money back at the end. Might be an option.

slitherv10
12-26-2013, 04:52 PM
I personally have nothing against the trucks as AM's. I do have a problem with an SRT-10 truck only owner being a full fledged member. It's a truck, not a Viper.

Now to address the other issue that a couple have brought up. Here is a suggestion. The Porsche Club of America lets people that have expressed an interest in owning a Porsche join as a version of associate member for 6 months at a reduced rate. If you do not own a Porsche in 6 months, then you lose the AM until you get one and become a full member. It's a one time deal, but allows people the opportunity to post and access some of the club privileges. Similar to what Sam suggested but they don't get their money back at the end. Might be an option.

I like the idea

Wolffie99
12-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Sam Goldfarb,
The way you disrespected me in your post is uncalled for. That is exactly the type of behavior that I was talking about. I said, "For the owner that said if i have a camaro I can not be in the corvette club, that is ignorant". Ignorant-lacking knowledge or awareness in general. Chevrolet never once marketed the Camaro as "Corvette Powered". If you disagree with the truck being called a "Viper Truck" you can at least agree, Chevrolet never came out with a clearly marketed "Corvette Powered" Camaro. That being said, your comparison to Camaro and Corvette was a poor comparison and lacking knowledge, also known as an ignorant comment. Hence where the issue comes up, Dodge marketed the truck as "Viper Powered", even has mini logos on it. If you read my comment as well, I never said DODGE marketed it as a viper truck. It is commonly marketed as a viper truck by many affiliations. As far as grammar goes, you’d be surprised how little wrong word does find, considering it was done on a cell phone with my 10 month old in my lap. I thought this was a forum not a grammar class. You think my post was bad you should see my text messages, ha-ha.

It sounds like we both agree that Associate Membership makes sense. You may disagree with my opinion and comments, but it seems we actually agree. If you do a google search on "Viper Truck" plenty does come up to support my comment, including the Viper Truck Registry. Type in Dodge Viper into google, VCA comes up at page 2 and VOA doesn't show up after 4 pages either. Let’s not look for a fight. I appreciate your opinion as everyone is entitled to have one. Please just be more respectful.

In addition, I never said you were ignorant. I said the comment was ignorant.

Here is a good article on the 90's to early 2000's v10 found in the rams. It also has some explanation on the differences. Also, when I asked a viper tech what the comparison was, they said, "almost nothing". http://www.allpar.com/mopar/V10.html

Troublemaker
12-26-2013, 06:19 PM
I think most of us are in agreement that we want the truck owners as some sort of member. The Associate Member to me sounds like a second class citizen. The Gen3 guys can share quite a bit with the trucks and the other way around with even more benefit as the trucks are being pushed hard to make power, harder than a lot of Vipers. I don't have the perfect answer, I wish I did, but to turn them completely away is a mistake and seems to be a thought we got past.

At least I can add my two worthless cents in as a member, not just an enthusiast.

VRYALT3R3D
12-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Ram Power. Viper Speed. Together at last.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040411025600/http://www.dodge.com/srt-10/index.html?context=ram_truck&type=bottomImg

The almighty 2006 Ram SRT10 twists bold Ram power with cutting-edge Viper design and technology-inside and out. Interior race appointments include
Push-button starter
Power-adjustable aluminum racing-style pedals
150-mph speedometer
White-faced racing-style gauges
Separate Oil Temperature gauge on A-Pillar[/I]

http://web.archive.org/web/20060812045038/http://www.dodge.com/srt-10/design_technology.html

Sam Goldfarb
12-26-2013, 06:28 PM

Wolffie99
12-26-2013, 06:35 PM
Sam,
Associate membership, we agree!! I was getting upset from some of the comments I was seeing that were bashing the truck guys. If I was a Viper Truck guy, some of the comments made would turn me away from joining this club if and when I got a Viper Car. This post should have read good news for viper truck owners, contact your local VOA region and look into an associate membership. Also, none of your "custom" cars ever came from the factory as such. The truck is a different story, it is factory built. If someone was saying why can't I join with my custom viper powered dakota, I think the responses would be quite different. The Viper Truck is still a very limited production, viper powered, FACTORY BUILT, dare I say supertruck.

Sam Goldfarb
12-26-2013, 06:47 PM

Wolffie99
12-26-2013, 06:49 PM
LOL nice ^

JaysSRT10
12-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Sam,
Associate membership, we agree!! I was getting upset from some of the comments I was seeing that were bashing the truck guys. If I was a Viper Truck guy, some of the comments made would turn me away from joining this club if and when I got a Viper Car. This post should have read good news for viper truck owners, contact your local VOA region and look into an associate membership. Also, none of your "custom" cars ever came from the factory as such. The truck is a different story, it is factory built. If someone was saying why can't I join with my custom viper powered dakota, I think the responses would be quite different. The Viper Truck is still a very limited production, viper powered, FACTORY BUILT, dare I say supertruck.

I have been lurking in these 3 threads for the last couple months now about the SRT-10 RAM guys and membership. I am a Viper truck owner and while I have the upmost respect for the car the truck suited both my need to haul ass and cargo, like taking my 2 sons camping. It amazes me how the car owners here are getting more upset about this issue than most of the truck owners. Viper Jeff has asked several different times to close these threads as they are not needed. I think after how the first thread and the poll went down, then the results of the meeting minutes posted, most truck owners have made the decision to stay away from the VOA and car owners. Currently the Viper Truck Club of America forum is in the process of forming a Club to gather all SRT-10 RAM truck owners together and have the help, support and tech for each other. With plans in the future to have the support of Dodge and SRT in our corner as well.

slitherv10
12-26-2013, 08:03 PM
I have been lurking in these 3 threads for the last couple months now about the SRT-10 RAM guys and membership. I am a Viper truck owner and while I have the upmost respect for the car the truck suited both my need to haul ass and cargo, like taking my 2 sons camping. It amazes me how the car owners here are getting more upset about this issue than most of the truck owners. Viper Jeff has asked several different times to close these threads as they are not needed. I think after how the first thread and the poll went down, then the results of the meeting minutes posted, most truck owners have made the decision to stay away from the VOA and car owners. Currently the Viper Truck Club of America forum is in the process of forming a Club to gather all SRT-10 RAM truck owners together and have the help, support and tech for each other. With plans in the future to have the support of Dodge and SRT in our corner as well.

finally something is being done to make you guys a part of something and somewhere you can belong and exchange stories and information as we car guys do here. I will definitely be asking to join that club as I find the truck very interesting and am looking at getting on in the future.

dadstoy
12-28-2013, 06:39 PM
wow, new member here and new viper owner. I read this entire thread and do not know what to think.

I was on the VCA site and was really sad because of all of the bickering there. I was going to that site to learn about Vipers and when all the drama started. I was hoping this site would be different. Not sure if it is. Again, I know nothing about what went on and really do not care.

Someone suggested to make threads like this be member only threads. I would love to NOT see stuff like this thread and just come here to enjoy and learn about my dream car.

excuse my grammar, I am not in an English class. Just a person who wants to learn about a very cool car.

I did like that someone posted that they got a message from a moderator to not say certain things. To me it showed she was not worried about retaliation.

I really hope this site turns out to be a new home for me to visit and enjoy.

Viper Girl
12-28-2013, 08:10 PM
As a moderator who has been here since we opened the forums. I can tell you dadstoy, that threads like this one are the exception.

I think as we all settle in, all the old forum drama will become more like a bad dream... Right now it's all still too fresh in our memory banks.

The VOA is VERY different... Stick around and I'm fairly sure you will see that.

Canadian venom
12-28-2013, 08:34 PM
And I guess that would be the perfect moment to close that thread....;)

Troublemaker
12-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Why close it, it is just a discussion. If people no longer want to discuss anything, the thread will slip down and just become another one in the forum.

Shooter
12-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Why close it, it is just a discussion. If people no longer want to discuss anything, the thread will slip down and just become another one in the forum.

^^^This^^^

Sam Goldfarb
12-28-2013, 10:58 PM

Rocman
12-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Someone pull my finger and I will give you my opinion.

dbow119
12-29-2013, 01:25 AM
Someone suggested to make threads like this be member only threads. I would love to NOT see stuff like this thread and just come here to enjoy and learn about my dream car.

First, congratulations on owning your dream car and first Viper! I purchased mine earlier this year in March as it has been my dream car since I was a little kid!

Second, I haven't really been keeping up with this thread, but if you are referring to the comment I made about having a members only section then I didn't mean it would be hidden from all to see...I simply meant only members could actually post on it (similar to the regional sections where you can view what is being said, but only members can post on it). I said that for a couple of reasons:

1) As a new owner like yourself, I sometimes have a lot of questions about my car that I don't know about and I would like to get fellow owners knowledge, experience, and/or opinions on instead of someone who has never owned one or even been in one before. Here is an example of why:
The day after I picked up my Viper the battery was dead when I tried to start it for a friend so I went and bought a new battery. I didn't realize that the car would literally lock me out of it if you don't keep a source of energy connected to it. I tried to open the door and nothing happened so I was freaking out! I called my local Dodge dealer thinking they might know something about it since they had a used one sitting in their showroom (they were looking in a manual and telling me I needed to jump wires so they obviously knew very little about Vipers other than how to change the oil after they sold one). As you can imagine, that didn't sound right and the technician wasn't even really sure so he told me to contact another dealer that had Viper certified technicians. So I called and explained to them what was going on and they basically told me I'd have to tow it in for them to look at (over 30 miles away so that wasn't going to happen) and I figured "well they obviously have never worked on a Viper other than their training." So I called another place that used to be a Dodge dealership that went out of business a few years ago like so many other Dodge dealerhips, but this place used to sell Vipers (I sat in 1996 GTS there which was the first Viper I ever sat in) and used to have Viper certified technicians. I thought of this as a long-shot since they only sell used cars now, but I called and the owner (I'm assuming he was the owner) told me he hadn't seen one in a while, but explained to me in perfect detail what I had to do over the phone and walked me through it. Turns out there is a section under the door flaring under the driver's side mirror where you put your key into it to manually unlock the car...it was as simple as that, but 2 other Dodge dealerships had no idea while one wanted me to tow it over 30 miles for them to do exactly that...Being a member of the VOA and by discussing things on the VCA, I learned to talk to Chuck Tator whenever it comes to anything Viper related...they call him the "Viper Wizard" for a reason and I have even had the pleasure of talking to him on the phone a few times and meeting him once...he is a true class act so don't be afraid to contact him if you ever have a question.

2) The other reason is because I brought up the idea of a discounted membership to Ram SRT-10 owners so this would appeal to them to get a membership while still justifying the added expense and being fair to Viper owners who would be paying the full price memberships (if this was to happen).

So if that was directed to me then I hope it helped clarify my reasoning. If not then I'm sorry I wrote so much for you to read haha

Sam Goldfarb
12-29-2013, 02:32 AM

pastohio
12-29-2013, 07:12 AM
Nicely quoted, Sam, Ohio has a premier event every year and in piggy-back with the MOPAR NATS in August, to my knowledge, talk with Viper truck guys , they will tell all that they have a grand parking spot right next to the vipers and are always welcomed...sometimes forums work well for a particular vehicle, Viper guys aren't interested in where to get best deal on truck tires, IF they are, they become a member in the VTCOA, my $.02

dadstoy
12-29-2013, 01:18 PM
again, I am 99.99% positive I will love this site. The drama stuff with other club is sad that it happened.

I want to come to a site and share a passion about cars.

I am sure the drama will go away over time.