PDA

View Full Version : Still can't get it right....

mnc2886
12-16-2013, 10:39 PM
I posted a little while back showing a dealership that appears to be unable to sell their Vipers. In viewing the video, it was quite obvious they aren't Viper people and they don't care about it much. I believe in that thread, Ralph was notified. The dealership has taken the video down, but replaced it with this one. It is no better really. They still can't give you any accurate data nor can they speak well to the product. I'm going to continue to post these types of findings because I think SRT should be aware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HTXKkJfgIs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

By the way, the guy who starts the video is the one who embarrassed himself in the last video and I guess he wants to avoid that this time. Well, it didn't work.

Schen
12-16-2013, 11:33 PM
Well, I don't expect them to be top notch A-list movie producers and while not everyone is a great speaker, at least this time they backed it up with facts. He did mention the car features 640HP, specifically is the higher model of the two that are offered, has five-mode adjustable suspension and so on. Stuff they should know and should be made known to the customer.

Of course, if it were up to me, I would at least put effort into showcasing product with a decent camera and not a cellphone. You want to engage your audience but you don't want to bore them to death or not give enough information. You want to draw their attention and keep them focused. Did they really need three guys for one video? Absolutely not. Should they have pre-staged the shoot? Yes. DO NOT walk onto a 'set' with a sheet of paper in your hand, that totally doesn't make you look knowledgeable about the product or the people around you. I shouldn't be asking myself what he was saying in the first third of the video. People want to see the car, not just 3/4 front angle. Take some video of everything!

But again, give credit where credit's due. They didn't go with the 'we have the best prices' thing. All they really could have done was say 'Hi my name is XXXXX, This the new 2013 SRT Viper. (give some information about the specific car, positives about what people have said about it). If you would like to know more or if you are interested in the car, call us at XXX-XXXX or visit us online at suchandsuch.com. Have a nice day!' 3 minutes and done.

I did that with a friends Prowler, two years later it's almost at 10k views. I practiced my lines, crappy microphone and all. Even did the music.

--RS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89RWlZUFm9w

TrackAire
12-16-2013, 11:42 PM
I posted a little while back showing a dealership that appears to be unable to sell their Vipers. In viewing the video, it was quite obvious they aren't Viper people and they don't care about it much. I believe in that thread, Ralph was notified. The dealership has taken the video down, but replaced it with this one. It is no better really. They still can't give you any accurate data nor can they speak well to the product. I'm going to continue to post these types of findings because I think SRT should be aware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HTXKkJfgIs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

By the way, the guy who starts the video is the one who embarrassed himself in the last video and I guess he wants to avoid that this time. Well, it didn't work.

I honestly felt that everybody piled on the other guys video a little too hard. Let's face it, these guys are trying to sell "cars" and have to try to get rid of this damn GTS they have on the floor. As a crew of car salesmen, they don't look to be bad guys, just not worth a crap on camera when trying to explain the features and benefits of a $135k plus car in 43 seconds (not easy to do it when rushed and the camera is rolling).

They may want to take a different approach when dealing with a specialty car such as this....SRT should supply some sort of 30 to 40 second spots that can be spliced in after the salesman introduces himself and professionally explains the new Viper quickly, efficiently and correctly.

This dealership reminds me of the crew from the old TV show "WKRP In Cincinnati".......maybe a little goofy but overall a good group of people. I hope I'm right.

George

Nine Ball
12-17-2013, 06:57 AM
The last guy wasn't bad. Those guys just aren't good at making commercials, no biggie. Most shoppers for 100K+ cars do their own research on the cars, and just want the best pricing from guys like this.

XSnake
12-17-2013, 07:16 AM
That one is better than the last, but not by much. At least they didn't make false statements about the car and didn't call it an SRT8 again.

plumcrazy
12-17-2013, 07:21 AM
much better than the first one. its not great but its all you can expect from a dealer really.... i dont know what ya'll expect.

viperdan
12-17-2013, 07:29 AM
They did pretty good this time around. Sadly no dealer should be having this much trouble moving these cars, w/out factory support you will see 13's around for a long long time! You can bet that if SRT doesn't throw 20k at these 13's they will not sell, what a shame but the truth.

VRYALT3R3D
12-17-2013, 07:47 AM
This is a local dealer's Viper video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etcE8TJgSxk

Allan
12-17-2013, 07:58 AM
I think that still sucks quite a bit.

It's better than the last one, but is still embarrassing for the car.

.......the car was originally white. It looks red in the videos because it's blushing.

Allan
12-17-2013, 08:07 AM
That other video is a lot more captivating. Makes you feel interested in buying the car.
See, that car is still white, as it doesn't have to be embarrassed by some dorks that have no idea what the Viper represents.

This guy has at least heard about performance cars and seems to like them.
Those other dudes are only concerned with what kind of donuts they have in the breakroom today.

VoodooRob
12-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Let's face it, the information is decent and they corrected some basic errors from the first video. They are not actors, just regular people who are not in front of a camera for a living. If it were me I would take a page from "Used Cars" to get some attention.

viperdan
12-17-2013, 08:34 AM
This guy has at least heard about performance cars and seems to like them.

I stopped watching the video when he mentioned the cross drilled rotors.

mjorgensen
12-17-2013, 08:58 AM
Not a bad video, but a few questions, 3 piece drilled rotors, CF doors, rear brake ducts, 3500#, negative G's?? I did not know that.

plumcrazy
12-17-2013, 09:51 AM
Pemberton would totally rock the commercial

XSnake
12-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Not a bad video, but a few questions, 3 piece drilled rotors, CF doors, rear brake ducts, 3500#, negative G's?? I did not know that.
maybe they have the specs on the new ACR......

Policy Limits
12-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Yes! Lets see some Bill P. vids!!!

mnc2886
12-17-2013, 08:01 PM
That one is better than the last, but not by much. At least they didn't make false statements about the car and didn't call it an SRT8 again.

There was false statements. He said 19 speaker stereo; it's 18. He said over 640 HP; it's not. He said 5 mode stability system; it's 4. Even if you wanted to over look that, he finished by rattling off features that every car has and means nothing when advertised anymore. You know, power windows and air bags. Sorry, but I wouldn't cut them any slack. Maybe this guy isn't an on camera person. That's fine. That just means don't put him on camera. What I dislike most was how obvious it was that they didn't rehearse nor did they write a script for the uncomfortable speaker. Again, that translates to a lack of effort or care. I understand buyers of this car will do most of their own research and what not, but we all have complained that the Viper lacked proper dealership experiences to do well. I've met with Bernie in Tomball with my close friend who is in the market and you can tell Bernie knows how to handle this market. The same vibe shows when Bill P and Mark J post. They aren't about selling cars the traditional way. They are about providing the best Viper experience possible. It just happens to be that they are selling the car too. That should be the requirement to sell the Viper, not $25k.

Allan
12-17-2013, 08:37 PM
I stopped watching the video when he mentioned the cross drilled rotors.Yeah I caught that too, among other things, but at least he seemed more enthusiastic about the car and made an effort to be like 'look how cool the new Viper is' instead of 'we sell these SRT8 things ....uh, or something like that'