PDA

View Full Version : VE Heads and Cam Roll Race Vids from today.

FLATOUT
11-08-2015, 11:07 PM
I finally got a chance to get out and run some cars from here on the forum to help benchmark the ViperExchange/Arrow Heads and Cam Package. All three of these cars today were far and away the fastest NA cars at the event and it wasn't even close. I don't think a single NA build other than the Vipers were trapping into the 140's and these three cars we running mid to high 140's and right on the 150 mark. To put that into perspective most of the lightly modded C7 Z06's were trapping in the mid 130's and one that was spraying a 150 shot was still trapping 1-2 mph slower than my car. Alex (Slowhatch) ran a bunch of those cars a walked just about every one of them and I am sure he'll post up soon.

Me vs. Slowhatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YziBpP7R9DY

Me vs. 345sspinnin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lxbEjCOnDM&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NOjKoRcG2M&feature=youtu.be

Camfab
11-08-2015, 11:23 PM
Nice, car sounds excellent. Seems the head and cam package is running strong. So help me understand how this works. Your going a specified distance and then standing on the throttle. How do you get a comparative speed that's actually valid? I don't roll race, so the numbers don't really make sense to me. If it's about hitting (x miles/hr) and nailing it what about the distance traveled? Or if it's about nailing it at a given point, then what governs the speed at that time. Thanks

FLATOUT
11-08-2015, 11:39 PM
Nice, car sounds excellent. Seems the head and cam package is running strong. So help me understand how this works. Your going a specified distance and then standing on the throttle. How do you get a comparative speed that's actually valid? I don't roll race, so the numbers don't really make sense to me. If it's about hitting (x miles/hr) and nailing it what about the distance traveled? Or if it's about nailing it at a given point, then what governs the speed at that time. Thanks

It's a rolling drag race, first to the finish line wins. On these vids we pace at 60mph in a "hot" zone, in that zone they have a tree or light that goes green. When the light goes green it's a drag race to the flags.

Crotalidae
11-08-2015, 11:47 PM
Nice vids...thanks for posting!!!

Camfab
11-08-2015, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the clarification, that makes it perfectly clear. Wish I was out there, seems Texas has a bunch of great events. I'm planning on running the Mojave mile so we'll see how my heap runs.......

Rapidrezults
11-08-2015, 11:50 PM
Wow, the HC package is the real deal. I've seen dozens of video of @sneakysnakes (slow hatch) pull just about everything and anything in highway rolls. Your car pulled him pretty good. I am a believer now! Should easily be a 140+ trap car in the right conditions in the 1/4 mile.

Thanks for posting Andy!

G37Sam
11-09-2015, 12:21 AM
That's it. I'm moving to Texas. Find me a job Andy.

7TH_SIGN
11-09-2015, 04:01 AM
Good to see a GEN V representing in a roll event. You car looks to be very strong NA.

Snakebit10
11-09-2015, 05:24 AM
Pretty telling vid. The H/C cars are faaast. Cant wait to see the first H/C trap in the 140's.

SRT BILL
11-09-2015, 05:25 AM
Wow very nice pulls Andy. Sounded like you were right at the rev limiter at finish? I've been following the progress with your car from the beginning and really enjoy the ride.

plumcrazy
11-09-2015, 05:29 AM
congrats andy, it sounds great

FLATOUT
11-09-2015, 06:15 AM
Wow very nice pulls Andy. Sounded like you were right at the rev limiter at finish? I've been following the progress with your car from the beginning and really enjoy the ride.

I was hitting the limiter about a car before the finish every time. I was having to shift right on the limiter in every gear to try and make it to the traps clean. Other than the other Vipers there, there wasn't another NA car anywhere near as fast as the Vipers.

FLATOUT
11-09-2015, 06:23 AM
Wow, the HC package is the real deal. I've seen dozens of video of @sneakysnakes (slow hatch) pull just about everything and anything in highway rolls. Your car pulled him pretty good. I am a believer now! Should easily be a 140+ trap car in the right conditions in the 1/4 mile.

Thanks for posting Andy!

I had been saying for awhile that I drive Bolton builds and heads and cam builds back to back all the time and there's a big difference in the power the cars make. Not every heads and cam car will make as much power as mine did but most Bolton cars are not as quick as Alex's. There will always be variances from motor to motor. Nineball and I also saw a repeatable 1.5-2mph loss in trap speed from TA 1.0 aero cars in the quarter to cars with no aero. So in a race like this you would expect the aero on my car to slow the car down a little on the big end.

Pretty telling vid. The H/C cars are faaast. Cant wait to see the first H/C trap in the 140's.

That's the new goal!

v10tt
11-09-2015, 06:24 AM
Nice runs Andy, car moves out!!
I timed your third gear pull and it is about .4-.5 sec faster than the bolt on cars. Very nice!!
What was your best speed?

FLATOUT
11-09-2015, 06:30 AM
Nice runs Andy, car moves out!!
I timed your third gear pull and it is about .4-.5 sec faster than the bolt on cars. Very nice!!
What was your best speed?

I was rev limited in 4th every run to 149, with a best of 149.5mph. Every pull I made was between 149-150.

Jdmuscle
11-09-2015, 07:18 AM
Awesome runs Andy.

Ripper
11-09-2015, 08:22 AM
Awesome! Cool Vids and great runs Andy

Jack B
11-09-2015, 08:27 AM
Time for a set of 3.07s, those would be interesting

I was rev limited in 4th every run to 149, with a best of 149.5mph. Every pull I made was between 149-150.

rlhay2
11-09-2015, 08:45 AM

Or just taller rear tires.

FLATOUT
11-09-2015, 08:56 AM

I think I am going to raise the rev limiter by 100 in each gear and see if that's enough to get it there.

Andy

pdv25
11-09-2015, 09:01 AM
I think I am going to raise the rev limiter by 100 in each gear and see if that's enough to get it there.

Andy

FWIW. I have mine at 6800. Pulls with no problem.

J TNT
11-09-2015, 09:50 AM
I' ve heard of some with the Arrow H/C package shift at 7000 rpm . fwiw .

FLATOUT
11-09-2015, 09:58 AM
I' ve heard of some with the Arrow H/C package shift at 7000 rpm . fwiw .

Not possible we have the rev limiter on the ViperExchange/Arrow H/C package set at 6700. Dick is getting my ECU back to add something to it and I will ask him to raise the rev limit. And I am not trying to be a jerk calling it the ViperExchange/Arrow H/C package but this entire project was a joint venture between our two companies and I feel like our branding is getting lost in the shuffle.

I shouldn't say not possible Dick has a Gen IV he's playing with and he could have that car set that high :)

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW. I have mine at 6800. Pulls with no problem.

Thanks Paul that is helpful to know!