PDA

View Full Version : VOA/PIRELLI tire offer ends soon Dec. 31, 2015.

SSSSE YA
11-06-2015, 12:01 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone sale ends soon and also how fast and easy it was to order a set of tires. It only took two emails and about 3 minutes. Charlotte was Viper fast responding to my emails. Cannot wait to install the new P zero tires.:dude3:
Blesssings,
Robert

repiV
11-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Any chance they will extend this deal for VOA? I've been debating on ordering another set just to have on hand but with the space they'd take up I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. I won't really go through tires that fast.......

darbgnik
11-06-2015, 10:33 PM
I'm just afraid of getting more of the Corsas sent up here to Canada due to the cold, it was below freezing all day here today....

SSSSE YA
11-13-2015, 08:57 AM
Received my tires yesterday !!!!!!!!!!

Cargirl
11-13-2015, 12:13 PM
My tires are shipping out today, will be here next Wednesday! Charlotte has been terrific, good communication!

J TNT
11-13-2015, 01:29 PM
I hope they continue the offer in 2016 ! :)
Fingers crossed .

Scott Mannny
11-13-2015, 01:54 PM
I bought a set of Pzero's and went on a 600 mile cruise and my 03 has never felt so good on the highway!!! Even on grooved roads, they held tight and of course new tires always has a different feel, but the savings made them feel even better!!

95Viper
11-16-2015, 06:56 PM
Ran my set this past summer,,,, what a great tire,,, after going to bigger wheel and tire combo this thing drives like a new car.... can't thank Pirelli enuff for the GREAT service.... and the great price,,,, thankyou Charlotte

Bill Pemberton
11-16-2015, 07:18 PM
The P Zeroes are fantastic for the Gen IIIs that had run flats. Scott M. said it perfectly, it will make a any Viper feel like a new ride and they go down the road so much better - not just better ride , but the tendency to follow the ruts is drastically diminished.

Vprbite
11-16-2015, 11:12 PM
Such a shame I don't need any for a while yet. And I wouldn't want to buy them to let them sit for a year. Constarn it. What to do what to do?

It's great to hear all these stories about the killer customer service to go along with the tires. Well done to Pirelli.

Vprbite
11-16-2015, 11:13 PM
My tires are shipping out today, will be here next Wednesday! Charlotte has been terrific, good communication!

You gotta get those run flats off. I know you like the car now, wait till you put new rubber on there. The acceleration is gonna improve like you wouldn't believe when you actually get some grip.

darbgnik
11-16-2015, 11:19 PM
Such a shame I don't need any for a while yet. And I wouldn't want to buy them to let them sit for a year. Constarn it. What to do what to do?

It's great to hear all these stories about the killer customer service to go along with the tires. Well done to Pirelli.

They'll last for years as long as you don't inflate them and keep them above freezing.

rw99
11-16-2015, 11:41 PM
They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they went back to the original pricing, IMO

G37Sam
11-17-2015, 12:24 AM
It only took two emails and about 3 minutes. Charlotte was Viper fast responding to my emails.

Daaaaammnn.. that's Gen V Viper Fast haha

Vprbite
11-17-2015, 09:15 PM
They'll last for years as long as you don't inflate them and keep them above freezing.

Out here they dry out, even if not exposed to UV.

Rocket
11-19-2015, 02:03 AM
Can we get some comparisons to the Super Sports? I'm almost in need of some new shoes and have been very happy with the SS.

Atari_Prime
11-19-2015, 10:31 AM
I was under the impression that Pirelli's don't have the correct sizes for a Gen II. Am I mistaken in this regard?

Bill Pemberton
11-19-2015, 10:49 AM
18s and 19s , so no not the correct sizing for the Gen IIs.

The PZeros at a whopping 1250 shipped have some distinct advantages in my mind for your Gen IV. First off, the fronts are 295s , not 275s ( standard size on your car ) , so you have the benefit of using the ACR sizing up front -- less push than what factory built in by using a 275 front. Michelin has walked away from the Snake on Pilot Sport Cups, so you always have the risk of that happening with the Super Sports. Though the SS is a good tire, the PZeros seem to be even better on the Viper under wet conditions, and they definitely are solid for track use. We beat the Holy Crap out of a set on a stock Gen V Viper over a year ago during the Viper Rendezvous and most of us were shocked at how well they telegraphed to the driver, and stayed consistent throughout a run. Of course with a 355 in the rear the stick was phenomenal and the ride is as good as the Super Stocks. Lastly, Maurice got the new tire supplier to the Viper to step up and support the Club by offering all members a deal that honestly is hard to ignore. So supporting this program , gives the Club a shot in the arm to maybe get some other OEM companies to realize the loyalty Viper owners have towards those that are part of the Viper Universe. We are , compared to many car clubs, relatively small , and I honestly believe Maurice performed a coup to get Pirelli to stand with the VOA in offering this unheard of discount. Take advantage of this member benefit and I can guarantee you will love the Pirellis.

FrgMstr
11-19-2015, 10:56 AM
I have not been a fan of Pirelli tires for YEARS....I bought a set of the Corsa tires that replaced Mich Super Sports. The MSS have been great all around tires; I have 30K miles on a couple sets of MSS and using those for track days and roll racing. I am now a fan of the Corsa tires. The Corsa hooks up a lot better than the MSS did in a straight line for sure. I have not had the Corsa tires out on a road course yet with a track alignment on the car. I will be buying another set of Corsa's before years end.

CaptainDavid
11-24-2015, 08:16 AM
My P Zero's just landed yesterday, wanted the deal before it expired. Although my PS2's still have 6/32nd ( are they worth selling?)..
Donkey-Shine

Alex Mills
12-06-2015, 02:33 AM
My Super Sports are about worn out and I have a set of half worn ones sitting in my garage that I bought off a friend that I'll be using next.

I really want a set of Pirellis for after that but storing them for 1-2 years? I hope they extend the deal. Maybe I'll email them and ask if they plan to...

Red Kaos
12-06-2015, 11:20 AM
I took advantage of the PZero deal; thank you VOA. I also picked up a set of Venom wheels from Jonb. The new shoes will go this spring just in time for NVE.

mauricev10
12-08-2015, 05:58 PM
PIRELLI DEAL EXTENDED! Due to a surge in demand at the end of the year for the factory-direct purchase of Pirelli tires, they're out of stock right now. So Pirelli has graciously extended the factory-direct purchase price until after NVE2. If you think you're going to want new tires this Spring, go ahead and place your order, so they have an idea of demand, and they'll ship when back in stock. Factory-direct orders will get first priority in fulfillment. Contact Charlotte Carpenter at charlotte.carpenter@Pirelli.com to order or call 248.552-7508. And please be polite about the tires being out-of-stock. Viper tires are not a high volume item for Pirelli, so they slot them in for manufacturing when there's time. It's always a balancing act of keeping them in stock but keeping the stock fresh. Let's give a big thank you to David Colletti VP at Pirelli and fellow VOA member, for extending this exclusive offer to VOA.

BTW, I put the Pirellis on my Gen II GTS and it's made a huge difference in handling. The car is much more predictable and can hang with a Gen IV on backroads, and the ride is comfortable. Makes the GTS more fun to drive. Only downside I've noticed is a slight increase in rut tracking.

rw99
12-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Excellent news, thanks x100 to David and Maurice!

arizonajack
12-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Wow, glad I ordered the P-Zeros last week. Mine shipped on 12/2 and arrived on 12/8. I'll have them mounted within the next few days. I'll also be putting them on a Gen II (96 RT/10 wearing 2004 18s and 19s).

Heck of a deal. Shipping included. No sales tax. The sales tax saving is paying for the tire mounting.

arizonajack
12-11-2015, 07:47 PM
My Super Sports are about worn out and I have a set of half worn ones sitting in my garage that I bought off a friend that I'll be using next.

I really want a set of Pirellis for after that but storing them for 1-2 years? I hope they extend the deal. Maybe I'll email them and ask if they plan to...

Buy the Pirellis and sell the others. My Pilot Sports still have some life left but I'll sell them as soon as they come off the rims.

arizonajack
12-11-2015, 07:49 PM
My P Zero's just landed yesterday, wanted the deal before it expired. Although my PS2's still have 6/32nd ( are they worth selling?)..
Donkey-Shine

Only one way to find out. Put them on Craigslist and see how it goes. I sold a pair of 17 rears for $80 but had to throw away the fronts that were in worse shape.

Cargirl
12-11-2015, 08:11 PM
I just had mine installed yesterday and yes, they are all that! Great ride, great grip and wow do they look nice--Like Donald Trump would say, this is huge!

AdairII
12-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Anyone know if they have an all season for the Gen 5?

Photog1
12-11-2015, 10:33 PM
Deadline just got extended until after NVE2. in May 2016!!! :dude3:

Cargirl
12-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Adairll, the P Zero's will work for you just fine. The ones I ordered actually are for the Gen V, a bit larger than OEM for my 2003.

freedom5
12-18-2015, 07:51 PM
I hate to sound lame but is 1250 for a set of 4?

Cargirl
12-18-2015, 09:33 PM
Yes, it is. It is truly a remarkable deal for tires. My car has a radically different (and better) feel for the road and the handling is terrific. That price includes shipping as well.