PDA

View Full Version : George Barris, has moved to the bigger garage in the sky

Black Pearl
11-05-2015, 05:24 PM
George Barris, the car designer who created the Batmobile for the Batman television series, has passed away.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/george-barris-dead-batmobile-creator-837553

Vprbite
11-07-2015, 12:30 AM
That guy built such cool cars. All of us have seen and loved a George Barris car, even if we didn't know it was his. But ifmit was an iconic TV/movie car in the 60s or 70s, you can bet he was part of it.

When I was a kid I got to meet batman and robin (Afam West and Burt Ward) and sit in the real Batmobile at a car show. I still remember that as one of the coolest moments in my life.

Rest in Peace Mr Barris. You will be missed.

- - - Updated - - -

That guy built such cool cars. All of us have seen and loved a George Barris car, even if we didn't know it was his. But ifmit was an iconic TV/movie car in the 60s or 70s, you can bet he was part of it.

When I was a kid I got to meet batman and robin (Afam West and Burt Ward) and sit in the real Batmobile at a car show. I still remember that as one of the coolest moments in my life.

Rest in Peace Mr Barris. You will be missed.

Fatboy 18
11-07-2015, 04:46 AM
The first Batmobile was the coolest car ever. We have a couple of replicas over here in the UK, they make quite an impact when you see one coming towards you!

RIP George. Another lost icon of the custom industry.