PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Brake bleeding

JasonSSG
11-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Just installed Stoptech SS brake line and now bleeding the brakes. Im using a brake vacuum bleeder, starting at the passengers side rear wheel I bled both sides of the caliper, moved onto the drivers side rear wheel and noticed that I cant get any fluid to come out of the lines....then did the same on the passengers front with the same situation. No fluid purging out of the lines. The master cyclinder is full so I know that its not a lack of fluid. Any advise? I know Im possible missing a simple step....do I need to turn the vehicle ignition on?

steve911
11-03-2015, 03:53 PM
I have never used a vacuum bleeder.

I have used the 2 person route, and my motive pressure bleeder and have never had a problem. No ignition on.

Is your vacuum bleeder sucking air around the bleeder screw?

JasonSSG
11-03-2015, 04:05 PM
yeah that maybe a possibility. Im thinking that maybe a possibility. the vacuum bleeder is brand new and the fittings seem air-tight.

Fatboy 18
11-03-2015, 04:33 PM
What Bleed Valves do you have fitted? Are they the stock ones or the ones with the ball bearing. Is the valve loose? Air may be escaping from around the threads if the valve is too loose.

JasonSSG
11-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Stock bleed valve. car is a 2009 and this is the 1st time the brakes have been bled.I dont think its the bleed valve cause 3 calipers are having the same issue

thetalonguy
11-03-2015, 06:12 PM
I had the same problem bleeding mine with a MityVac after swapping to SS lines. I ended up just going with the two man approach.

C.J
11-03-2015, 07:47 PM
If you're not in a rush, you can also use the gravity method...just connect your bleed jug to a bleed nipple and open it and let the fluid drain out on its own. I've had to do this on my C3 Corvette, and it isn't fast, but it works every time.

Ripper
11-03-2015, 07:53 PM
If you're not in a rush, you can also use the gravity method...just connect your bleed jug to a bleed nipple and open it and let the fluid drain out on its own. I've had to do this on my C3 Corvette, and it isn't fast, but it works every time.

This is how I bleed / change clutch fluid ...works flawlessly

ICPREY
11-03-2015, 08:10 PM
When I've used the mityvac to bleed my brakes I noticed pumping the brakes helped the fluid start flowing.