PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone moved the o2 in M&M headers to the collector without CEL?

KNG SNKE
12-16-2013, 09:06 AM
Title describes it. I run a little rich during normal operation and considered moving the o2's to the collector. I have heard it will throw an o2 heat time CEL so has anyone actually done this and gotten around the CEL?

uvbnbit
12-16-2013, 09:18 AM
I have B & B's and never had a CEL from the move to collector. They warm up pretty quick. Location/angle is important as well to minimize condensation.
Quick fires are option too, but I'm not too familiar with 'em.

99RT10
12-16-2013, 07:55 PM
I think you can eliminate that possibility of the code if you open of the holes in both the O2 sensors more so that it heats up quicker.

KNG SNKE
12-16-2013, 08:01 PM
I think you can eliminate that possibility of the code if you open of the holes in both the O2 sensors more so that it heats up quicker.

Huh? Drill a larger hole?

99RT10
12-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Huh? Drill a larger hole?

O2 sensors have holes in them. Make them bigger so they heat up faster. No CEL then........

KNG SNKE
12-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Never heard of doing that.

99RT10
12-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Check with Dan Cragin, I think he first posted the tip up on that other board.

ViperTony
12-17-2013, 11:25 AM
I have Belangers which are similar to M&M's so take my experience in that context. I welded in O2 bungs at the collector area. My OEM O2's threw the heater codes a few times. I then tried Walker O2 Sensors (heated) and no codes. Then, I did my mods about 2 years ago and replaced my O2's. I'm now back to using the Mopar O2's. No codes. Lou welded in the O2 bung on top of the collector. I also use a smaller pickle in the collector. I don't know if this helps or confuses you, sorry!

KNG SNKE
12-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Tony can you post a picture of your heat shield where the o2 goes through? I don't have a pickle in mine, i wonder if I should mount the o2 on an angle towards the engine. Do you have cats and does your car run rich or normal during regular operation?

ICPREY
12-17-2013, 11:58 AM
I have the same set up as ViperTony although my bung is placed about an inch or so back. I use OEM o2 sensors, stock heat shields, and no CEL issues. My car doesn't run rich with high flow cats.

ViperTony
12-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Tony can you post a picture of your heat shield where the o2 goes through? I don't have a pickle in mine, i wonder if I should mount the o2 on an angle towards the engine. Do you have cats and does your car run rich or normal during regular operation?

I'll take a pic tonight but I ended up drilling a hole through the heat shield to allow the O2 sensor to fit. I've seen some put the O2 bung as you stated at an angle towards the engine and event to the side of the collector to clear the heat shield. Yes, I have HF cats. During closed loop it runs normally.