PDA

View Full Version : Wheels for the ACR

Darth Viper
11-02-2015, 08:35 AM
I am trying to find out if we can use the Sidewinder 2 wheels which are an option on the GT and GTS, in the ACR.
I have talked to a dealer, and he was not sure, but he thought it could not be possible because the ACR brakes will not fit.
On the other side, if you look at the pictures of a Viper GT3 R, they carry Sidewinder 2 wheels, and I would assume that the GT3 R
are bigger than the ACR.
I know that the GT3 R are different from a street legal car, but the looks are exactly the same.
Any thoughts?

Martin
11-02-2015, 08:45 AM
If you opt for the steel brakes instead of the ceramic brakes, I think it will work.

SWEEN
11-02-2015, 08:45 AM
I know the ACR wheels are 19" in the front while the sidewinder II's are 18" in the front, and I believe the reason for that was to fit the brakes.

Not sure if the sidewinders on the GT3-R are the same.

Darth Viper
11-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Thanks for input.
I would assume that there is a considerable difference in terms of performance between ceramic and steel.
Is it possible to quantify it for the ACR , in terms of braking distance for example?

VIPEREPIV
11-02-2015, 09:21 AM
I'm not an expert, but I'm aware that the BBS wheels on the ACR are heavier than the Sidewinder II's, due to (I assume) the increased stress from the insane downforce. Also, from what my son-in-law mentioned to me, and If I remember correctly, if you notice in some of ACR dealer delivery pics, you'll see the neon grease penil mark on the edge of the tire/wheel. It's been brake tested to make sure the tire is not slipping on the wheel when extreme braking is occurs. So the Kumho/BBS combo is designed to work together for both downforce and beadlock.

Someone correct if I'm wrong.

mjorgensen
11-02-2015, 10:04 AM
The ACR version wheels are supplied by Taneisya.

VIPEREPIV
11-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Hmmm, interesting. Thanks! This whole time I was still going off the May news wire on the ACR specs in which BBS was listed. Looks like they got a better deal with Taneisya (TSW).