PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade To-Do List...what am I missing?

Angleiron
11-01-2015, 05:01 AM
So here is the plan for this winter.

1) Gen V Intake - Got it, just need to install.

1) Arrow PCM - Installed

1) Catch can - To be installed

1) Headers - Trying to decide which ones to get

1) Cat back - Trying to decide which way to go

1) 3.55 gears - To be installed

1) Wavetrac - What is the benefit of going this route?

What am I missing that would benefit all of the above?

Mamba003
11-01-2015, 08:50 AM
You should look into giken rear also. What about suspension? Ride and handling is vastly improved with motons or the new company that replaced them. You should also consider replacing stock boat anchors with a lighter setup. Noticeable difference in ride give the loss of insprung weight.

Hamrhead
11-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Very Low Mileage Full Belanger System in the classifieds right now at a decent $$$.

If you buy it then I won't have to keep looking at it.:)

1ststrike
11-01-2015, 09:31 AM
You Can look at suspension and from the pic, it looks like a convertible so I would look at some roll bar hoops. Auto form does a good job with this. What are you going to be doing with the car? The Belanger exhaust systems are really a quality unit. Never had a problem with mine and and have had them for 7 years. Lots of track events.

Angleiron
11-01-2015, 09:33 AM
You should look into giken rear also. What about suspension? Ride and handling is vastly improved with motons or the new company that replaced them. You should also consider replacing stock boat anchors with a lighter setup. Noticeable difference in ride give the loss of insprung weight.

I have a new set of StopTech ACR rotors that I was thinking of installing as well. If I did the motons then I would change out the bushings from the rubber to the poly like I did on my previous Gen II.

SmoknTires
11-01-2015, 09:40 AM
After lots of testing and experience of my own. I really couldn't find much that beat the belanger sound and power. I was REALLY satisfied. Nice deep tone, really loud (but in a good way) at WOT. The belanger headers and exhaust are a perfect pair. Not sure how it sounds if you split and mix. I've suggested the full setup to people and they've always been pleased. I'm not a big fan of raspy exhausts, this is definitely not raspy. And I'm personally not aware of any droning at highway speeds. I was always fine with it. It's pretty easy on the ears below 2000.

Angleiron
11-01-2015, 10:51 AM
What are you going to be doing with the car?

I suffer from an incurable disease called "Havetomakeitbetteritis". If there is potential left in something that is untapped then my disease makes me bring out that potential. There is no known cure!

venomous08
11-01-2015, 11:44 AM
In my opinion the Bellanger/Corsa combo sounds better than the full Bellanger. I have 3" Corsa on mine with Bellangers and Hi Flo cats.

PaulP
11-01-2015, 12:03 PM
American racing headers

Camfab
11-01-2015, 01:23 PM
They say the Belangers make better mid range than the rest. The only thing I would say, and this is just me, I could never go with a set of coated mild steel headers. I'm fully aware of the benefits of both designs, however using an inferior material to construct your exhaust doesn't work for me on any car. Show me one OEM that uses coated mild steel in their exhaust.

mjorgensen
11-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Belangers no question
Corsa cat back
Giken diff for the track for sure.

repiV
11-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Upgrade To-Do List...what am I missing? ....... Trade it for a GenV ??

Angleiron
11-03-2015, 06:32 AM
Upgrade To-Do List...what am I missing? ....... Trade it for a GenV ??

If there was a Gen V vert I would.

03Topless
11-03-2015, 07:37 AM
Medusa

Mbccenter
11-03-2015, 07:43 AM
M&M Performance headers and exhaust hands down has the best sound and quality construction. I have owned them all. Plus Mitch is always available for support. A good set of coil overs is a good investment.

Angleiron
11-03-2015, 08:06 AM
Medusa

Too much coin for a modded coupe.