PDA

View Full Version : Gen V at an autocross

dmc71
12-15-2013, 07:56 PM
The Viper is a big car to autocross but what the heck....I had a blast.

01sapphirebob
12-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Love to autocross the cars. SO. MUCH. FUN. :D

Torquemonster06
12-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Very cool. Car looks great.

Bill Pemberton
12-16-2013, 12:10 PM
The Viper is a darn good autocross car ( finished second in class that the Solo Nationals this year - Gary Thomason at the wheel ) and the size is all relative ( keep in mind a new Porsche Twin
Turbo is longer ). Glad you had a good time as more and more are finding the machine works well zipping through the pylons. Mark Jorgensen campaigned one for a couple of years with good
success and we do a full track autocross at the Viper Rendezvous every year in Hastings , Nebraska. Everyone seems to enjoy it and the Snake proves it is quite adept and slithering through the
the orange cones ------maybe TA stands for Terrific Autocrosser?! ( the cone marks should would not show very much, ha )

VENOM V
12-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Damn DMC, can't help but drool seeing that white/black snake driving the way it was meant to be driven. I like the black stripes and wheels! I would think it would do quite well at the auto-X. I've only road coursed mine, but some day soon may try an auto-X.

Jack B
12-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Bill

Size - depends who sets up the course. If you run a course set up by a miata club it is a diff animal.

The Viper is a darn good autocross car ( finished second in class that the Solo Nationals this year - Gary Thomason at the wheel ) and the size is all relative ( keep in mind a new Porsche Twin
Turbo is longer ). Glad you had a good time as more and more are finding the machine works well zipping through the pylons. Mark Jorgensen campaigned one for a couple of years with good
success and we do a full track autocross at the Viper Rendezvous every year in Hastings , Nebraska. Everyone seems to enjoy it and the Snake proves it is quite adept and slithering through the
the orange cones ------maybe TA stands for Terrific Autocrosser?! ( the cone marks should would not show very much, ha )

Bill Pemberton
12-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Spoiled Jack, we are 60 miles from the SCCA Solo Nationals site! Have just heard people discuss that the Viper was too big , yet the same folks said nothing about Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes, Porsches
etc., and many are as big or bigger. Just think it is a misconception, as Mark J. and I had success over the years running the Snake. Scotty B. White did well years back, and Gary Thomason is doing
a great job now. Just brought it up as there is a preconceived notion that the Snake will not do well and to me it is still one of the ultimate sleepers - just too few folks try the intricacies of the
pylon parade!

The trend has been for quite awhile to design courses that are indicative of what you will run at the Nationals or Divisionals, so overall a course designed that is super tight is not the norm.