PDA

View Full Version : Gen V Viper resources in the Knoxville area?

ygbsm
10-30-2015, 09:24 AM
Hello all- seriously considering a Gen V Viper for my next weekend street/ track toy. Over the last 10 years I've done a bunch of schools at most of the tracks in the South, mostly with the BMWCCA. I've learned that hanging out with fellow marque enthusiasts is great fun and a great way to learn. But I am a newbie to the world of Vipers (I've never even driven one!) and I need some help.

- are there any good Viper techs in the Knoxville area? If not, where do y'all go for warranty work or major issues beyond routine maintenance? Corvette, BMW, and Porsche have local support through clubs and dealers- but I don't know about the Viper community.

- I will need to test drive one- should I drive all the way to Atlanta to Palmer Dodge- or do you guys know a friendly dealer that will let me test drive one?

- Any good dealers or salesman you recommend in the Knoxville area? I have had excellent experiences with Lenoir City CDJR, but I don't think they have any expertise in Vipers. I have an acquaintance who is a salesman at Jim Cogdill, but they don't seem too enthusiastic about Vipers.

-Anything else y'all would recommend about learning about buying and owning a Viper?

Thanks!!!

TCurtner
11-01-2015, 09:39 AM
I've heard, and about to find out tuesday about 2 viper techs at Cogdill Dodge (www.jimcogdilldodge.com ) (having controller put in my Gen IV) - also Jim Bumblebee (Knoxville area, 06 bumblebee) says Swann (SP?) is his go-to viper tech at Cogdill. Unsure of GenV, but the motors are certainly siblings, and i'd say if the dealership has sent them to tech classes on the III/IV, then they either have or will send them to V training...You might want to call the service manager there and find out. From your input, sounds like they may not sell any, but do service them???

As to owning a viper (and having never driven one) you are in for a treat. Palmer Dodge (Roswell GA area, ask for Sean O'Grady) is selling them for below MSRP - an easy drive down and back from Knoxville area. Also Woodhouse and ViperExchange excellent sources online to find your Viper. There are some smaller dealers that sell them in both South KY and also fairly close by in NC and VA - you can usually find them listing cars on ebay - should call first to see if you'd be able to drive one.

If you want to come for a ride in mine, let me know - as to a drive... Lol, not even my wife!!

ygbsm
11-01-2015, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the info on the techs at Cogdill! I'll PM you in a few days to see how your service experience was.

Finding a Gen V to test drive is a tough proposition.

Josrocket
11-02-2015, 09:07 AM
Let us know when you get it. We can go for a drive.

ygbsm
11-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Also I confirmed this morning that Lenoir City CDJR is not certified to do Viper warranty work. They do maintenance on prior generation Vipers, though. Said they have about 4-5 they take care of.

busterbrown
11-02-2015, 02:05 PM
I have a 2010 ACR with some mods that you can test drive anytime. I'm in the Myrtle Beach area.

TCurtner
11-07-2015, 07:14 AM
Hello all- seriously considering a Gen V Viper for my next weekend street/ track toy. Over the last 10 years I've done a bunch of schools at most of the tracks in the South, mostly with the BMWCCA. I've learned that hanging out with fellow marque enthusiasts is great fun and a great way to learn. But I am a newbie to the world of Vipers (I've never even driven one!) and I need some help.

- are there any good Viper techs in the Knoxville area? If not, where do y'all go for warranty work or major issues beyond routine maintenance? Corvette, BMW, and Porsche have local support through clubs and dealers- but I don't know about the Viper community.

- I will need to test drive one- should I drive all the way to Atlanta to Palmer Dodge- or do you guys know a friendly dealer that will let me test drive one?

- Any good dealers or salesman you recommend in the Knoxville area? I have had excellent experiences with Lenoir City CDJR, but I don't think they have any expertise in Vipers. I have an acquaintance who is a salesman at Jim Cogdill, but they don't seem too enthusiastic about Vipers.

-Anything else y'all would recommend about learning about buying and owning a Viper?

Thanks!!!

Go here: http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/11152-HELP!-Gen-IV-PCM-%28off-road%29-programming-tool-question?p=175674#post175674

uvbnbit
11-07-2015, 07:33 AM
If you go for ride with Thomas, bring extry undergarments, :dude3:
-chip

TCurtner
11-07-2015, 07:45 AM
If you go for ride with Thomas, bring extry undergarments, :dude3:
-chip
Tomorrow in E TN is supposed to be beautiful...wanna join in a drive?