PDA

View Full Version : mounting video cam for gen 4 ACR

red heat
10-29-2015, 07:57 AM
Hello all,

I've been tracking my car in the northeast for years but have been very lazy in terms of mounting a video cam/go pro in the car. I do not have a cross bar in the car.

what's the easiest , most reliable way to mount a video cam in the car without doing any major surgery to the inside of the car?

Drlee50
10-29-2015, 09:10 AM
Go pro have a huge suction cup- use that

fuggles
10-29-2015, 12:45 PM
I have one of the Ram Mount suction mounts, very stable. There are adapters for gopro and replayxd cameras and others I would guess. I believe ram mount is the one that ships with gopro if you buy the motor kit.

Vprbite
10-29-2015, 01:37 PM
I have used e suction mount that comes with the GoPro on the outside at very high speeds so have also used it hanging from right next to/under the mirror. Just flip the image in the settings so you won't have to do it later. I found that works great for giving it a personal point of view. You could also stick on the Velcro which isn't major surgery. Just leaves the velcro on there.

If you want inside but want to see your gauges, you could probably Velcro to the top of the rear bulkhead and that would work. If it doesn't have to be inside, I have sound right side on the pass window looking over the hood to give. Great angle while getting just enough of the car in the shot. No practical for the track though.

They make after market suction coupes that are crazy legit. But you probably don't need that. I have been fine with the suction mount that came with it.

I hope this helps. Let us know what you go with.

Back In Black
10-30-2015, 06:48 PM
Hello all,

I've been tracking my car in the northeast for years but have been very lazy in terms of mounting a video cam/go pro in the car. I do not have a cross bar in the car.

what's the easiest , most reliable way to mount a video cam in the car without doing any major surgery to the inside of the car?

Use the supplied stick tape foot and stick it to the bulkhead. It's just that easy.

Here's the view:

https://youtu.be/eLPdDxX4fC0

sssammm
01-14-2016, 01:01 PM
Ive got one on my bulkhead between the seats, I also have one mounted on the foglight delete panel
in the front

fuggles
01-23-2016, 04:26 PM
How did you mount them? Have you been tracking with it? How is the view and pic quality with the bulkhead mount?

sssammm
02-03-2016, 03:05 PM
Just used the sticky pad mount