PDA

View Full Version : People lookong for Diecast Vipers to give away

Vprbite
10-27-2015, 10:34 PM
This was discussed on some other threads.

http://www.amazon.com/Die-cast-Metal-Dodge-Action-Orange/dp/B004OA3XKG/ref=sr_1_10?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1446002835&sr=1-10

The local Safeway across the street from me has these for 4.99. That is as cheap as they go. You can find them cheaper in ebay but you end up paying about 5 or so with shipping. So, of anyone needs some of these, let me know and you can PayPal me and I can pick them up for you.

Also, fwiw, there are some good lots of matchbox vipers for sale right now. I got lucky and won a fantastic lot a few weeks ago so I am set but for those still looking, happy hunting.

EliteV
01-20-2017, 10:54 AM
this was a decent casting, just needs much larger wheels. thanks.

Vprbite
01-20-2017, 01:15 PM
this was a decent casting, just needs much larger wheels. thanks.

Yeah. It works for my purposes of giving them away to young enthousiasts. But I found them a little cheaper. I have purchased cases of matchbox ones previously but those are harder to come by so I managed to get lucky on eBay and I should be set for a while

Toolhead
03-18-2017, 09:09 AM
Several years ago we ordered a bunch of Prowler cars from Maisto at 1:64 (3") scale which were great for giving away to kids. As I recall the cost back then was around $75 a case.

So I contacted Maisto a couple months ago about ordering the Viper in the same size. They said they did not have the 2013-2017 body style. What they have in production is the following (it does not appear they come with stripes):

96 GTS in blue
97 RT10 in white
97 RT10 in red
98 GT2 in yellow

Regarding ordering cars with stripes, different colors and body styles (i.e. the Gen V, ACR, etc.), Maisto said anything is possible for a price and large enough order quantify. If we ordered styles they do not currently produce, even a different color from they currently produce, that would increase the MOQ (model ordering quantity) plus there may be tooling fees and licensing approvals. If there was a group purchase of existing models listed above the minimum order would be 5,400 cars and they would be willing to mix and match among the four styles currently in production. The cars come 72 to a case.

As small as these cars are, paying extra to add specific details such as a color and/or stripes may not be important since the objective is to pass these out to kids. It's a shame they don't produce the Gen V in this scale.

Anyway that appears to be the lay of the land so to speak in case anyone is interested. Hope this is helpful.