PDA

View Full Version : Track setup advice

shnickerlaus
10-24-2015, 10:16 AM
Ok I've had a few track days and sadly it's been wet both days, but fingers crossed for next Saturday. I'm getting some sw2's with hoosier r7 on the wheels, also getting the sway and bush upgrade from jon at parts rack with the stainless brake lines. My next step will be to properly set up for track doing camber corner weighting and ride height.

So my question is to all you gen 4 ACR owners or regular track guys is what setting should I be using, and what else could I do to help the car handle better and work with the tyres?

Cheers
Nick

FrankBarba
10-24-2015, 02:47 PM
Need to figure a baseline first. I would go out, run a few hot laps, come back in and work from there. Tire Pressures,
then i'd move on to working with your suspension. Just my opinion...You should be fine starting this way. Depending upon
the last time you did the following: Bleed Brakes, Inspect pads & Rotors, oil change (before & after), change your power steering fluid,
depending upon sanctioning body you might also have to remove your Radiator Fluid and replace with water....

str5010
10-24-2015, 07:46 PM
Could always start with the baseline settings in the ACR owners manual right?

shnickerlaus
10-25-2015, 04:48 AM
Yup they have some figures to go with on the height and rebound but no suggestion on camber, or what to do when running on slicks. I'm more forward think as to what the additional g will do to the suspension if not changed to take the extra load

str5010
10-25-2015, 12:15 PM
If you do a search on here you should find a thread that speaks to the recommended alignment settings for a gen IV ACR on track. I know I read them within the last few weeks but can't recall what thread it was in. I believe camber was around -2.5 front, -1.7 rear.