PDA

View Full Version : Any 2016 ACR online pricing resources?

Martin
10-23-2015, 02:59 PM
Anyone know if there are any online pricing resources out there that a potential buyer can play around with? I know that I can have a dealer help me, but I like to get my mind wrapped around exactly what I want before I give my dealer a call.

So far, I can't seem to find anything online where I can configure a car and see what the standard options and colors will cost. The Dodge site is pretty close, but it still only has 2015 info available - and I have some options in mind which are very color dependent. Again I know people will say "just to the 1 of 1 thing and you can get whatever you want." Well, that's true, but I still want to see what's available as "standard" before I go and plunk down the extra dollars for the 1 of 1 program.

Thanks in advance for any info you guys and gals might have.

Darius
10-23-2015, 03:14 PM
The original acr thread has all the pricing. Search it.

Martin
10-23-2015, 03:20 PM
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that little search thingy. Thanks for help.

ACRucrazy
10-23-2015, 03:20 PM
http://media.dealerfire.com/websites/1147/content/two.PNG?s=744888

http://media.dealerfire.com/websites/1147/content/four.PNG?s=895090

Martin
10-23-2015, 03:39 PM
Thanks for this - I appreciate it.

What I'm really after is a full listing of what's available for interior/exterior color options for the 2016 model year and what various "special" colors cost. And, what color options have an effect on other available options. The last few Vipers I've bought all had various color limitations, and some colors were no-cost options, and some were pretty darned expensive. Some colors were available, but nobody knew about them until the model year was almost done with (my GTS Blue and Black 2009 ACR was an example of that). Finally, some colors automatically forced you to do without other options. I just want to spend a few hours playing with what can be done on a non 1 of 1 car without bugging my dealer.

Dossey
10-23-2015, 03:53 PM
As far as I know this link will get you as close to that as you can get without calling a dealer. http://www.drivesrt.com/viper/

The ACR package isn't available to add to your build on the site, but you can get an idea where you would end up using the combination of that site plus the above pic in this thread.

Dossey
10-23-2015, 03:57 PM
When I was looking at different color options I just added the matte black Venom wheels and TA 2.0 package to get a rough idea what the ACR would look like.

ACRucrazy
10-23-2015, 04:14 PM
And yet another issue with the Viper program. This shouldn't even be a topic with a $100,000 halo.

Martin
10-23-2015, 04:30 PM
Never mind - I think I answered my own question. If you go to Autobytel.com, you can configure (and see invoice vs. MSRP prices) for just about every option imaginable. I should have just gone there to start - I used that to buy my very first Viper back in '96.

EDIT: As I was going through the various options on that site, I noticed there's an option to add the "Factory Tour and Pickup" when buying. That's kind of cool - they do the tour, and you get an $800 discount on the destination charge for the car.

mblgjr
10-23-2015, 11:26 PM
Just curious if anyone knows how much $ they credit you if you opt NOT to get the carbon brakes.

Space Truckin
10-24-2015, 08:29 AM
I believe it is an $8500 option...IIRC

Martin
10-24-2015, 09:58 AM
Just curious if anyone knows how much $ they credit you if you opt NOT to get the carbon brakes.

While messing with the configurator on Autobytel.com, it seemed to be possible to configure the car without the brakes, and it also seemed to be possible to configure the car without the ACR interior. Those two deletes save $14.5k, and you still get the better 12-speaker stereo. Personally, I like the brakes, but I was trying to configure the car to have the basic Sabelt ballistic nylon seats and no special interior - but couldn't seem to get the basic Sabelt seats to be orderable. When it came down to it, though, the 1 of 1 program added enough cost to the car that it just didn't seem to make sense to pay for it just to save a bit on option deletes. If I find a special color that I've just got to have, maybe it will be worth it.

darbgnik
10-24-2015, 12:43 PM
I think if you order the ACR interior package, the CC brakes come with it for free, or at least I think I remember that happening.

This was after the original pricing sheet above was produced, I think.

Martin
10-24-2015, 01:10 PM
I think if you order the ACR interior package, the CC brakes come with it for free, or at least I think I remember that happening.

This was after the original pricing sheet above was produced, I think.

That may be true - I just configured a car, and even though I specifically did not add the CC brakes, they still show up on the summary. I really wish they would make those ballistic nylon seats available without the power adjuster. I'm just going to pull out the tracks and install a seat lowering kit anyhow - so I'm not too thrilled about paying for something that's going to go into the parts bin.

These configurators are kind of fun to play with. I spent some time figuring out how to build the most minimalist and cheapest car possible, and it seems that it could be possible to do an extreme aero car for $120k out the door (not including taxes, of course) as long as it's built as a no-frills car.

darbgnik
10-24-2015, 01:13 PM
Um, I'm also pretty sure the ACR comes with non powered Sabelt seats.

Not sure if they're ballistic nylon or alcantara though...

Martin
10-24-2015, 01:21 PM
Um, I'm also pretty sure the ACR comes with non powered Sabelt seats.

Not sure if they're ballistic nylon or alcantara though...

Good point - I need to look into that a bit more. Something I just read seemed to indicate that the seats were powered, but until I actually get hands-on with one of these, I honestly don't know for sure. It's possible I either read wrong, that car was a GTC car that had the power seats optioned in, or what I read was written wrong.

Seems like the ballistic nylon isn't available on the ACR, even with the GTC one-of-one thing.

Space Truckin
10-24-2015, 01:28 PM
IIRC, Leather w Alcantara inserts non powered. Also you should give Bill Pemberton a call as he knows what is available. FWIW

Martin
10-24-2015, 02:46 PM
IIRC, Leather w Alcantara inserts non powered. Also you should give Bill Pemberton a call as he knows what is available. FWIW

I'll either give him or they guys at Viper Exchange a call once I get my wish list together. I just don't want to soak up hours of their time trying to figure out what's available and what's not. I figure I'll do my research, come up with a wish list, and see what can be put together.

05Commemorative
10-24-2015, 06:02 PM
I will say with my personal experience of doing this a couple of months ago, you will just save yourself a bunch of time and headaches calling Bill. Several items on those prior sheets are out of date.

Space Truckin
10-24-2015, 06:16 PM
^^^this^^^
It really is a no brainer, Bill knows! :fpopcorn:

Martin
10-25-2015, 10:22 AM
I totally agree - he's great to work with, and he knows what's available and sometimes knows what's not yet available. I just want to make sure I'm ready to pull the trigger before bugging anyone. I'm in the sales business too, and I can't stand tire kickers... The reality is that while I'm able to pull the trigger now, I might just wait to hear what is coming out in 2017. The driving season is pretty much over for me at this point, so I don't have a seasonal gun to my head. I have a feeling that, if the 2017 Viper Apocalypse rumors are true, we'll hear of some cool "final edition" packages and options in May. That said, it's fun to get my head wrapped around what is available today because it gives me a solid baseline on what I could live with today, and if things come out that raise the bar, all the better. I'll be buying one no matter what - I've missed my old ACR ever since it passed away (or got murdered, depending on how you look at it), and there's a spot in the garage waiting for it.

ViperSmith
10-25-2015, 10:26 AM
Dodge has shown all their cards for the Viper if 2017 will be the last for the Gen V.

SilveRT8
10-26-2015, 01:07 AM
Dodge has shown all their cards for the Viper if 2017 will be the last for the Gen V.

NO, I want to use my voucher for a 2017 25th Anniverary Supercharged edition.....or just keep dreaming !