PDA

View Full Version : NVE2 - New Orleans

City
10-16-2015, 09:03 AM
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx2/skgnyc/NVE%202_zpsxkz2z6gd.jpg (http://s736.photobucket.com/user/skgnyc/media/NVE%202_zpsxkz2z6gd.jpg.html)
May 11 - May 14
driveviper.com/nve2 (driveviper.com/nve2)

On behalf of Alex/Smokin Tires:

The largest Viper party on the planet is here! We've been planning for 2 years and the group has something awesome in store - in a place you have to visit at least once in your life - and with your Viper makes it even better... It only happens once every couple years. We pick locations that are vacation destinations, so that it's not just a car party, but a place you really want to experience. We've learned from past events and we do plan to build in some free time, we'll also have some ancillary/optional items for you to experience if you wish (ever been on a swamp boat - you need to!). It's the first time Vipers will be invading New Orleans!

To answer common questions - registration will begin in the 1st week in November, we wanted to allow people at least 7 months to see the details and plan! We announced the location of NVE2 at the last NVE, and at NVE2 we do plan to announce the location of NVE3 which is already underway with planning... :D

Yes we will have more capacity than last year, actually double! We sold out in a matter of days last time and lots of people couldn't go. With 1000 person capacity we should have enough for most. We encourage folks to register early as there is not only a discount but also ensures you'll have a spot. We'll let you know when registration launches, the NVE2 website will become available at www.driveviper.com/nve2 when registration begins.

Details on the event were highlighted in the last Viper Quarterly mega-mag. All the intimate details will be made available when registration opens. We plan to take over the town - literally! This will be a big deal and the town is ready. Be there!

Stretch
10-16-2015, 11:07 AM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

The Ohio Club is putting together a 2 day convoy to NVE. Ohio -> Alabama -> New Orleans. I will post some preliminary details in a couple weeks in case anyone from other clubs wants to join us.

Rocket
10-16-2015, 11:31 AM
Just google mapped the road trip from Phoenix to New Orleans - 1568 miles. Gonna be EPIC!

Viktimize
10-16-2015, 07:22 PM
Anyone have a line on a car hauler that might do a smoking deal to carry 4 cars down from Alberta Canada to maybe Minnesota or something, and then back up when the event is over? Most of us don't have the week worth of drive time that would be required to make the trip there and back.

01sapphirebob
10-16-2015, 07:37 PM
Can't wait!!! ROAD TRIP!!!

daytonprowler
10-17-2015, 07:38 AM
Anyone have a line on a car hauler that might do a smoking deal to carry 4 cars down from Alberta Canada to maybe Minnesota or something, and then back up when the event is over? Most of us don't have the week worth of drive time that would be required to make the trip there and back.

Adrian is working with VOA sponsor Passport Transport on this.

daytonprowler
10-17-2015, 07:39 AM

The Ohio Club is putting together a 2 day convoy to NVE. Ohio -> Alabama -> New Orleans. I will post some preliminary details in a couple weeks in case anyone from other clubs wants to join us.

Half the fun is getting there! :)

brickauto
10-17-2015, 07:50 PM

Hell yeah!

sparkrn
10-18-2015, 11:31 AM
This is gonna be a great event, can't wait to attend. I just hope the 1000 people limit doesn't become an issue and leave some people out that wanted to go. Judging from NVE 1 that should bring in about 440 cars. Can't wait to see them all!!

Red Kaos
10-20-2015, 06:53 PM
I can't wait. In fact, I just renewed my membership.

SmoknTires
10-22-2015, 07:24 PM
When I was president of a region for many years I'd always create a sub-trip on the way to these big national events. More than just a caravan, but an extra couple days of actually hitting significant things in the area before the event itself. It was always fun, we made it a big deal and it truly felt like a vacation with friends. I encourage all regions to think about their route and perhaps have a side trip or two. With hundreds and hundreds of people driving their vipers great distances, it's a good chance to get a pic of your car in places you'll never have a chance to visit again with your Viper. Some of my best experiences were on these bonus trips.

Can't wait! We're picking locations that people will not only enjoy bringing their cars to, but places you'd want to visit once in your life anyway. Doing a test visit of New Orleans was so very cool - lots of neat things to see and do. You're gonna love it!

ACRucrazy
10-22-2015, 11:19 PM
How much is it to attend?

CopterDoc
10-22-2015, 11:28 PM
Already have our rooms booked!!

Vprbite
10-23-2015, 02:10 AM
Just google mapped the road trip from Phoenix to New Orleans - 1568 miles. Gonna be EPIC!

I hear the Arizona contingent has something special in store for our trip. That's the kind of perks you get from having me in the club. Since I am famous from being in the magazine, you guys get to reap some of the benefits. You guys are like my entourage, basically. It's cool, no need to thank me.

Bill Pemberton
10-23-2015, 08:15 AM
Please list whether there will be an actual track day at NOLA! Not questioning about a track experience, cruise around the track, but an actual track day at speed ( granted there will be levels of experience). Maybe something run by NARRA, or contacting our old buddy Skip Thomas, but making sure there is run groups for those with track experience to run at NOLA flat out. Super safe track, not one with a myriad of walls like the Speedway tracks, so let's rock and roll with this benefit.

SmoknTires
10-23-2015, 12:54 PM
How much is it to attend?

$695 for Mamba and $795 for standard members. It goes up $100 for those registering just before the event.

SmoknTires
10-23-2015, 12:56 PM
Please list whether there will be an actual track day at NOLA! Not questioning about a track experience, cruise around the track, but an actual track day at speed ( granted there will be levels of experience). Maybe something run by NARRA, or contacting our old buddy Skip Thomas, but making sure there is run groups for those with track experience to run at NOLA flat out. Super safe track, not one with a myriad of walls like the Speedway tracks, so let's rock and roll with this benefit.

There will indeed be a full track day for everyone at NOLA! We toured the place - it's killer. New, safe, and has a layout that really works. We'll have full track, autocross, and also karting! And yes, our plan is to rank by experience and allow people to have some fun. We'll be collecting experience levels during registration.

Bill Pemberton
10-23-2015, 01:28 PM
Appreciate the note Alex, just trying to assure, even if it is extra cost, that there is a true track day for those of us that are track rats. In the past we essentially just did touring laps, but there was often a Viper Days event after the gathering. Hoping to see , whether the track arranges on their own, or if set up by the Club or others ( NARRA was an example), that there is an actual track day, at speed, for those with experience or set up instruction for those that want to get a true track experience with their Viper.

Photog1
10-23-2015, 04:23 PM
When I was president of a region for many years I'd always create a sub-trip on the way to these big national events. More than just a caravan, but an extra couple days of actually hitting significant things in the area before the event itself. It was always fun, we made it a big deal and it truly felt like a vacation with friends. I encourage all regions to think about their route and perhaps have a side trip or two. With hundreds and hundreds of people driving their vipers great distances, it's a good chance to get a pic of your car in places you'll never have a chance to visit again with your Viper. Some of my best experiences were on these bonus trips.

Can't wait! We're picking locations that people will not only enjoy bringing their cars to, but places you'd want to visit once in your life anyway. Doing a test visit of New Orleans was so very cool - lots of neat things to see and do. You're gonna love it!

We are working on one.

SmoknTires
10-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Appreciate the note Alex, just trying to assure, even if it is extra cost, that there is a true track day for those of us that are track rats. In the past we essentially just did touring laps, but there was often a Viper Days event after the gathering. Hoping to see , whether the track arranges on their own, or if set up by the Club or others ( NARRA was an example), that there is an actual track day, at speed, for those with experience or set up instruction for those that want to get a true track experience with their Viper.

I indeed know what you mean. We're planning on grouping folks so their track time matters. We aren't done choreographing all actions but we are HOPING to even create an open track revisit for those experts who want more track time. No promises, but intent is there. ;.)

These events are intended as well balanced social engagements and not intended to be a racers delight, however based on what we know some would like it's our intent to try to do something special that gives them a little more of what they want. We have a really big really special sponsor likely for the tracks days, we'll see if that affects things.

Bill Pemberton
10-23-2015, 04:44 PM
Thanks for listening Alex, and sounds like you guys really have your ear to the ground for a lot of Viper owners - fantastic news and sure this will be a phenomenal Viper Owner's gathering!

Rvan
11-01-2015, 10:45 AM
will there be a place to park truck and trailer?

Bluecoupe
11-01-2015, 10:54 AM
We are in! Father & son will be rolling into Nawlins together!

ssgsnake
11-01-2015, 10:58 AM
There will be a group driving down from New England. Can't wait

SmoknTires
11-01-2015, 11:02 AM

Yes, at the track. It's free to leave it all there. But if you plan to park the car that you're towing (viper) at the hotel, make sure you buy a hotel parking pass.

XSnake
11-01-2015, 11:31 AM

Yes, plenty of room at the track

repiV
11-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Yes, plenty of room at the track

so no room to park a truck amid trailer at the hotel??

XSnake
11-01-2015, 02:32 PM
so no room to park a truck amid trailer at the hotel??

The garage we have is not the hotels garage. I'm not sure if the parking company would allow it. If you wanted to spend the $$$ and had an open trailer I'm guessing technically it may fit IF they allow it. Enclosed would be a no. I wouldn't and I'm not sure why you would want to though. Taking a truck and trailer into downtown New Orleans isn't fun. Remember, Viper parking is being kept separate from ALL other vehicles including participants non Viper vehicles in the garage. Vipers will have their own floors.

SmoknTires
11-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Correct. We're in downtown and it's not easy. I also don't think you'll be able to manage a combined vehicle and trailer through the entrance anyway.

repiV
11-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Well I was on the fence about attending but that will probably keep me from going. Heck...I have more money in my truck and trailer than I do in the Viper so I wouldn't really want to leave it somewhere else unattended across town.

sparkrn
11-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Well I was on the fence about attending but that will probably keep me from going. Heck...I have more money in my truck and trailer than I do in the Viper so I wouldn't really want to leave it somewhere else unattended across town.

Then just drive the viper, that is a big part of it all!

Voice of Reason
11-01-2015, 05:24 PM

That's what insurance is for. I wouldn't give it a second thought about leaving a truck and trailer at the track. There's going to be 50 others easy parked right along side your truck.

repiV
11-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Then just drive the viper, that is a big part of it all!

If all goes well I'll have my Gen5 by then and wouldn't want to rack up the miles on it that fast.

repiV
11-01-2015, 05:31 PM
That's what insurance is for. I wouldn't give it a second thought about leaving a truck and trailer at the track. There's going to be 50 others easy parked right along side your truck.

I hear ya.....I'm still debating. I'm guessing that if everyone had to leave their Vipers parked at the track they wouldn't be too excited about it either though.

ICPREY
11-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Not bringing the Viper this time. I assume there will be buses provided to take people to the events?

XSnake
11-01-2015, 05:45 PM

The track has 24 hour security and is gated. I left my trailer then and had to go to another state, it was perfectly fine and I never thought twice about it.

Vprbite
11-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Can I purchase my ticket now and my guests ticket later or just I buy them both at the same time?

Rvan
11-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Yes, at the track. It's free to leave it all there. But if you plan to park the car that you're towing (viper) at the hotel, make sure you buy a hotel parking pass.

Thanks

smhog
11-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Not bringing the Viper this time. I assume there will be buses provided to take people to the events?

This. The FAQ state all activites are accessible by rental car. Then further down in the hotel section buses are mentioned.

Thanks,

Tim

ICPREY
11-01-2015, 07:27 PM
This. The FAQ state all activites are accessible by rental car. Then further down in the hotel section buses are mentioned.

Thanks,

Tim

I noticed the same...

SmoknTires
11-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Yep. We've arranged buses for several activities that we didn't want to drive to because of parking, logistics, timeliness, and comfort. Other events like track days, cruises, and some smaller things are drivable and are meant to.be. So as in the past it's a combination, but in short the major "tours" or dinners have provided transport.

ICPREY
11-01-2015, 07:53 PM
Yep. We've arranged buses for several activities that we didn't want to drive to because of parking, logistics, timeliness, and comfort. Other events like track days, cruises, and some smaller things are drivable and are meant to.be. So as in the past it's a combination, but in short the major "tours" or dinners have provided transport.

Just to clarify, there will not be transportation to the "track events" (go-karts,dodge ride alongs ect). Just try to figure out if it's worth getting a rental or if it's needed.

SmoknTires
11-01-2015, 08:16 PM
Correct. The track events are all self drive to/from.

smhog
11-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Correct. The track events are all self drive to/from.

Thank you for the clarification, Alex.

Viktimize
11-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Just to clarify, there will not be transportation to the "track events" (go-karts,dodge ride alongs ect). Just try to figure out if it's worth getting a rental or if it's needed.

For the 100$ it costs, I'm not going to sweat it if I only use the thing to get from the airport to the hotel and back.

Dusty1
11-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Should be some folks there with seats in their cars as well, just need to ask around.

Richard

C-Note
11-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Event, registered. Hotel, booked. See you bitches in NOLA!

99RT10
11-03-2015, 11:51 AM
Just a quick question, but since I don't see it listed the answer is probably no, but is there going to be any drag racing?

SmoknTires
11-03-2015, 11:55 AM
There are actually a number of things that will be happening at the track that aren't yet publicized, the track event will be nuts. I can say that Drag actually IS in the plans, we're just trying to get it all to fit and work out the logistics before we get people too hyped up about each detail. People are going to be exhausted if this all works out the way we're planning. Lots to do (and watch) at the track. ;.)

C-Note
11-04-2015, 09:54 AM
I hope there is drag racing, the Copperhead wants to eat!

VENOMISS
11-05-2015, 04:16 PM
Track has 24 hour security and video surveillance. Their are many private garages on site with some VERY nice cars inside. I would not worry about leaving your tow rig and trailer.

VENOMISS
11-05-2015, 04:22 PM
For those flying in and have a buddy with a Viper there you plan on riding with, we will have a shuttle service from the airport to the Hyatt. Will save you from having to rent a vehicle. You are on your own to arrange the pickup times. Will provide a link soon as the details are formalized. The same service will pick you up at the Hyatt and bring you back to the airport as well after the event, should some of you need that option as well.

Bill Pemberton
11-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Can't wait to hear , Alex, and hoping there is a track rat portion -- we will all pay extra for true track time at speed.

SmoknTires
11-05-2015, 04:34 PM
Yep, we've had it on our radar and is part of our ambition. We're mapping out the details now and seeing how things will fit at the track - time/space. Logistics are a big one, we actually have more to do than we can fit - but it's going to be killer. Dodge has a MASSIVE number of things they're helping with. They're going to have several VERY cool activities. Whether your a driver or not, you'll enjoy. And of course some things will need to be decided as we get closer so that we know how many people (and how many individual drivers) we may have. That'll help us put on the final touches and know exactly what we can carve out. Our ambition is open track on the last day for experienced/expert drivers... ;.) Fingers crossed.

Bill Pemberton
11-05-2015, 04:38 PM
Excellent , excellent idea, saves me the time to send you a note , suggesting that Sunday morning , afternoon , or both would be wonderful for those of us that wanted to rip around NOLA. You da man and appreciate the response. Some folks would not even discuss this option in the old days when an event was held in Salt Lake City. Thanks to Cindi Lux we got a half day at Miller and it was a great day for those of us that had driven all the way , and would be able to get our track fix at a famous track. Be nice to get NOLA off the bucket list , so thanks for working towards this Alex.

XSnake
11-05-2015, 06:43 PM
I'm in for Sunday trackday as well

VENOMISS
11-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Let me see what I can do.... If I pull this off, someone will owe me a few hot laps!

Bill Pemberton
11-06-2015, 11:54 AM
At least 3-4 20 minute sessions and we will call you Queen of NOLA , in addition to Venomiss!!

XSnake
11-06-2015, 01:08 PM
Whats the production car record for NOLA. SRT will be there, they could just set it on Sunday.

SmoknTires
11-06-2015, 01:14 PM
Heheh.

On the tracks, we were discussing making extra time on one of our owned days, but as of yesterday we've been looking into an entire extra day. If we decided to do this (obviously there's a pretty good cost but break even is realistic). We looked at Wed and Sunday. Sunday of course more, but not ridiculous. But if we did do Wednesday, I figure it may interrupt some of the caravans and time with friends.

Don't know exactly where break even would be as negotiations just started for an extra day, but we'd probably need 60 people total. Given we signed up over 450 people for NVE2 in 5 days so far, I think we may have enough possible takers. I'd likely setup a small registration portal specific to this so that payments can be collected in an orderly way and then tied to their NVE record.

Perhaps we can have "track rat" status on those badges. ;.) I'm kidding, don't get ideas.

99RT10
11-06-2015, 01:23 PM
Heheh.

Perhaps we can have "track rat" status on those badges. ;.) I'm kidding, don't get ideas.

Ideas? What ideas?! I will be there ready for a Wed. track day if it happens. :D

FSTENUF
11-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Same here I am heading that way on Monday showing up Tuesday ready to race on Wednesday heading for the tail on Sunday back home Tuesday. Rough life