PDA

View Full Version : Graveyard Carz cruise-in 10-17-2015

SEASnake
10-03-2015, 03:11 PM
We have a great opportunity coming up for the Viper Club. Graveyard Carz is a Mopar restoration shop in Springfield, Oregon that films a television show for the Velocity Channel. The Viper Owners Association has been invited to attend their shop as a group during production of a future episode (special thanks for setting this up to Steve Cuffaro, Oregon Club President).

What: Viper Club Cruise to Graveyard Carz
Where: 3654 Kathryn Ave, Springfield, Oregon 97478
When: Saturday, October 17, 2015
Why: because, MOPAR!

C-Bass
10-03-2015, 06:30 PM
Very cool. Awesome job Steve. Anyone planning to drive down that morning?

Double0fox
10-03-2015, 10:04 PM
Would love to take the drive down there. Might be able to attend, but it looks iffy right now. Scott, you going to go?

C-Bass
10-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Chris, I'm highly contemplating it. Trying to see if we can get a babysitter for the full day. Sarah wants to go real bad, but we need the sitters lined up. She said if I get it lined up, we'll head down there that morning. Can't do the overnight thing with the 4 month old at home.

viperr
10-04-2015, 03:18 PM
I would be interested in going too. Do you know what time they want people to be there?

C-Bass
10-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Rich, we plan on heading down that morning. Figure anyone wanting to do the same, we could all meet at Tacoma Krispy Kreme 5:00-5:30 leaving promptly at 5:30 to Albany (3 hr 25 min drive). That gives time to make pit stops along the way. Then head out of Albany with the other groups at 9:40 towards the Springfield meet up at 10:30. Long morning but could be one heck of an early morning cruise to what will surely be a fun event for the day.

95Viper
10-04-2015, 09:44 PM
why not meet us at the 1st location??? the rest stop in Wilsonville... called French Prairie Rest Stop, its just south of wilsonville,,,, be there around 8am - we will be leaving there around 8:20........if you don't have a copy of the route plan with stops and times email me and I'll send u a copy......... gen1viper95@gmail.com

C-Bass
10-05-2015, 01:54 AM
why not meet us at the 1st location??? the rest stop in Wilsonville... called French Prairie Rest Stop, its just south of wilsonville,,,, be there around 8am - we will be leaving there around 8:20........if you don't have a copy of the route plan with stops and times email me and I'll send u a copy......... gen1viper95@gmail.com

Oh, well there'e a very simple explanation for that. I completely looked over that step in the email and am unfamiliar with the names of places in south WA and OR. Whoops. Thanks for the heads up. Still, with that stop in Wilsonville, it shouldn't change the timeline above of leaving at 5:30 from Tacoma. Should have us in Wilsonville around 8 to meet with the first group. Thanks again, and looking forward to this trip and meeting more regional members.

Scott

95Viper
10-05-2015, 08:35 AM
...yea you guys definately have an early departure to head on down..... that was a concern as to how it would effect turnout - hopefully the activity will entice people to get out of that warm bed that early,... should be a nice drive down and am thinking it will be a fun time once we get there. Even though those of us in the Portland area don't have to begin that early it still tuff sometimes to get going early on a Saturday and with the weather changing at the very least it will most likely be a little chilly at 1st..... looking forward to meeting you all.....

SEASnake
10-15-2015, 03:50 PM
I decided to head out early on Saturday - I'm working Friday and doesn't make sense for me to pay for a hotel to sleep for 6 hours.

Washington meetup is as planned above at Krispy Kreme (address for those not familiar - I had to look it up: 4302 Tacoma Mall Bouelvard, Tacoma, WA 98409)

Going from Washington:
(Friday)
John T
Chris & Chris A
Christian O
Clint S

(Saturday)
Charley R
Al H
Scott
Chris A
Rich K
Jim M

(Maybe)
John V

MH60M
10-17-2015, 09:23 AM
It was nice meeting a few of you guys over at KK this morning. I hope the rain is minimal and you guys have a safe trip!

Torquemonster06
10-17-2015, 01:25 PM
We hope you all have a safe trip. The wife and I wish we could have made it. Deff post up some pics.

C-Bass
10-18-2015, 05:39 PM
It was nice meeting a few of you guys over at KK this morning. I hope the rain is minimal and you guys have a safe trip!
It was good meeting you too man. Need to get your GTS together. Thanks for coming out to meet. Dedication.

We hope you all have a safe trip. The wife and I wish we could have made it. Deff post up some pics.
Wish you could have made it. Rain was minimal and the day was awesome. Great cars, great people. My wife and I had a blast on our first VOA outing.