PDA

View Full Version : Ct Fall Foliage Cruise Sunday Oct 25th!

viperjimmy
10-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Ct Fall Foliage Cruise Sunday Oct 25th!

Meeting at the commuter parking lot in Cheshire CT off I84. From there we will cruise about a half hour up Rt8 North till the expressway ends and there will be a chance to gas up. From there we will cruise through Litchfield County and Goshen along some scenic roadways and through a covered bridge on the way to Kent Falls State Park where you will have some time to walk up along the falls and take pictures and another bathroom break. Leaving there we'll go to lunch at 1st and Ten.

Anyone who wants to meet us at 1st & Ten without going on the cruise, we should be there noonish.

When we leave 1st & Ten, we are going right by On Track Karting, its 5 miles and less than 5 minutes away. Anyone want to try and beat Chuck?? 1st and ten is less than 10 minutes from I84 east and west.

Meeting time is 9:00,
Departure time is 9:15
Meeting spot is the commuter parking lot just North of I84 exit 26, if coming from the west, take a left at the traffic light at the end of the ramp, straight through the next light, and the lot is on your left, if coming from the east, take a right at the end of the ramp and the lot is on your left.

Link to Kent Falls: http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?a=2716&q=325228
Please note they instituted a fee last year to enter the park: $9.00 for Ct residents and $15.00 for out of staters.

Pics from last year: http://driveviper.com/forums/album.php?albumid=160
Pics from 2013: http://s937.photobucket.com/user/sla...0Cruise%202013

viperjimmy
10-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Attending:
Jimmy & Julie
Chris & Dawn
Martin
Peter + 1
Victor

Vipuronr
10-08-2015, 06:46 AM
If I can work out my schedule with kids' sports, and weather is good, I'll be there +1

Thanks for setting up Jimmy.

viperjimmy
10-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Great Peter, I hope the weather is good and you can fit it in! Hope you are doing well and better every day!

Vipuronr
10-10-2015, 01:03 PM
Thanks Jimmy, feeling pretty good these days. End of season events sit right on top of the kids sports, soccer and football. I'll try to make it.

Thanks!

Martin2000GTS
10-12-2015, 09:43 AM
We got another New Englander coming! Add Victor to the list. So far Victor and I will be coming down from MA! Im sure Rusty will come as well as soon as he figures out how to turn his computer on and read his emails! Looking forward to it!

viperjimmy
10-12-2015, 08:56 PM
we got another new englander coming! Add victor to the list. So far victor and i will be coming down from ma! Im sure rusty will come as well as soon as he figures out how to turn his computer on and read his emails! Looking forward to it!

lmao

viperjimmy
10-12-2015, 08:58 PM
Thanks Jimmy, feeling pretty good these days. End of season events sit right on top of the kids sports, soccer and football. I'll try to make it.

Thanks!
Glad to hear it Peter. More power to ya!

Rosie
10-13-2015, 06:53 AM
We got another New Englander coming! Add Victor to the list. So far Victor and I will be coming down from MA! Im sure Rusty will come as well as soon as he figures out how to turn his computer on and read his emails! Looking forward to it!

Listen Super Charger Kid...I bet I can find Kent falls without a GPS!! All this technology is overrated.
Kerrie and I will see you all there! Looking forward to visiting with my NY/CT viper peeps. Oh and you too Martin.
Rusty

LittleCobra
10-13-2015, 08:08 AM
Listen Super Charger Kid...I bet I can find Kent falls without a GPS!! All this technology is overrated.
Kerrie and I will see you all there! Looking forward to visiting with my NY/CT viper peeps. Oh and you too Martin.
Rusty

I found my way around Ohio without GPS so it is possible. Must be the tradespeople gene in this Dutch guy with navigation as a sub-gene.

ViperTony
10-13-2015, 11:01 AM
Listen Super Charger Kid...I bet I can find Kent falls without a GPS!!

Hmm....I don't think his GPS is reliable....it did take him off-road at TOD, after all. :monkeyleft:

viperjimmy
10-13-2015, 07:32 PM
Rusty
LMAO too funny!

viperjimmy
10-13-2015, 07:34 PM
Attending:
Jimmy & Julie
Chris & Dawn
Martin
Peter + 1
Victor
Rusty & Kerrie
Steve

viperjimmy
10-13-2015, 07:36 PM
Hmm....I don't this his GPS is reliable....it did take him off-road at TOD, after all. :monkeyleft:
Hmmmm.......do tell, details, details

ViperTony
10-13-2015, 07:49 PM
Hmmmm.......do tell, details, details

Martin has a difficult time negotiating curves.

Martin2000GTS
10-13-2015, 09:01 PM
LOL, Tony doesn't because his Gen 5 does the driving for him! Ah I cant wait to catch up with you guys lol

smhog
10-15-2015, 05:27 PM
LOL, Tony doesn't because his Gen 5 does the driving for him! Ah I cant wait to catch up with you guys lol

At least he stayed on the road, Martin :)

For everyone else, check out page 39 of the newest VQ, bottom left red GTS with the toe strap.

Tim

Martin2000GTS
10-16-2015, 09:09 AM
At least he stayed on the road, Martin :)

For everyone else, check out page 39 of the newest VQ, bottom left red GTS with the toe strap.

Tim

LOL...umm that was my viper towing out a superduty from going over the edge!

Tim, are you comin for the ride? We have Me, Bob, Rusty, and Victor going! Jimmy add us to the list!

- - - Updated - - -

Jimmy, add "Bob & Maria" to the list!

John B
10-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Add John and Carol to the list.

smhog
10-16-2015, 06:52 PM
LOL...umm that was my viper towing out a superduty from going over the edge!

Tim, are you comin for the ride? We have Me, Bob, Rusty, and Victor going! Jimmy add us to the list!

- - - Updated - - -

Jimmy, add "Bob & Maria" to the list!

Yeah, Martin I'm in. Add me to the list, Jimmy.

viperjimmy
10-16-2015, 06:59 PM
Attending:
Jimmy & Julie
Chris & Dawn
Martin
Peter + 1
Victor
Rusty & Kerrie
Steve
Bob & Maria
John & Carol
Tim

That's the latest list, if I've missed anyone please let me know.

00VPRGTS
10-19-2015, 07:51 PM
Jimmy,

Put Melissa and I down. Just got to figure out the babysitter.

Vipuronr
10-20-2015, 09:13 AM
Jimmy:

Chambre mine to tentative, please. Have not been feeling well last few fatuous, not site I can handle a cruise quite yet..

I may show, just not sure. If I don't, have a great time!

Wot!
10-20-2015, 02:47 PM
I'm trying to make it as well. Just can't tell the wife we have a 5 hour and 45 minute drive home afterwards.

viperjimmy
10-20-2015, 08:14 PM
Attending:
Jimmy & Julie
Chris & Dawn
Martin
Peter + 1 (maybe)
Victor
Rusty & Kerrie
Steve
Bob & Maria
John & Carol
Tim
Mike & Melissa
Joe + 1?

viperjimmy
10-20-2015, 08:16 PM
Jimmy:

Chambre mine to tentative, please. Have not been feeling well last few fatuous, not site I can handle a cruise quite yet..

I may show, just not sure. If I don't, have a great time!

Peter, I hope your feeling better. If you can make it, that would be great and we would all like to see you there. If not, that's ok and just take care of yourself and be well. There will always be more events when you feel up to it.

viperjimmy
10-20-2015, 08:20 PM
I'm trying to make it as well. Just can't tell the wife we have a 5 hour and 45 minute drive home afterwards.

Now that's a Viper Cruise! We reach 1st & 10 about noon, then it's apps and lunch, we could always ask them to rush your order so you can get out sooner for the drive home if you wish.

Red venom
10-20-2015, 08:26 PM
Is this cruise happening even if it rains?

viperjimmy
10-20-2015, 08:33 PM
Is this cruise happening even if it rains?
Yes, a little rain never stopped me. But we have no rain in the forecast for Sunday, the only day this week with a chance of rain is Thursday.

viperjimmy
10-20-2015, 09:07 PM
Attending:
Jimmy & Julie
Chris & Dawn
Martin
Peter + 1 (maybe)
Victor
Rusty & Kerrie
Steve
Bob & Maria
John & Carol
Tim
Mike & Melissa
Joe + 1?
Steven & Maria for 1st & ten

Wot!
10-21-2015, 06:26 AM
I am confirmed! Booked hotel yesterday afternoon.

viperjimmy
10-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Great!

viperjimmy
10-21-2015, 08:39 PM
Attending:
Jimmy & Julie
Chris & Dawn
Martin
Peter + 1 (maybe)
Victor
Rusty & Kerrie
Steve
Bob & Maria
John & Carol
Tim
Mike & Melissa
Joe + 1
Matt if not raining.

viperjimmy
10-22-2015, 03:25 AM
Update on weather: mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of showers = 60% chance of no showers.

ViperTony
10-22-2015, 08:06 AM
40% chance of showers = 60% chance of no showers.

Love it Jimmy! :D Wish I could go but I'm in Texas....not quite the CT fall foliage here everything here is brown. :D

Martin2000GTS
10-22-2015, 02:54 PM
Joe is in for sure I just got the email from him. Come on Jimmy we got 6 new England guys coming down the way I see it were tied 6-6 right now! Gonna be a great day! Screw the rain! 40% is nothing. that just means cloudy, who cares! the more the merrier!

viperjimmy
10-22-2015, 05:17 PM
Love it Jimmy! :D Wish I could go but I'm in Texas....not quite the CT fall foliage here everything here is brown. :D

Maybe you can make it next year. Haven't seen you since Newtown. Enjoy Texas!

viperjimmy
10-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Joe is in for sure I just got the email from him. Come on Jimmy we got 6 new England guys coming down the way I see it were tied 6-6 right now! Gonna be a great day! Screw the rain! 40% is nothing. that just means cloudy, who cares! the more the merrier!
I"m not worried about rain, they are cars, they get wet when we wash them right? I don't think we'll see anything anyway. Well at least its not 6-6-6! lol Looking forward to to Sunday!!

vipertank
10-23-2015, 07:53 PM
Hey Jimmy, if no rain, me and my wife will join you at 1st and 10 if that's ok. I have to take care of a few things in the morning, so we can't do the whole cruise, but would like to see you all at lunch. That ok?

viperjimmy
10-24-2015, 07:33 AM
Hey Jimmy, if no rain, me and my wife will join you at 1st and 10 if that's ok. I have to take care of a few things in the morning, so we can't do the whole cruise, but would like to see you all at lunch. That ok?

No problem, that will be fine!

Rosie
10-24-2015, 07:38 AM

Awesome!!! Can't wait to catch up! BTW I too am recording the game! However we'll be able to watch a good portion of it at 1st and 10!
See you tomorrow,
Kerrie

Rosie
10-24-2015, 07:42 AM

We'll miss you!! Hope you get some good Texas grub!!! I always wanted to visit Texas just for the barbecue festivals and the jumbo steaks they serve up! You should plan on coming to New England for our Christmas Party in December! It'll be a blast! Love to have you!
Take care,
Kerrie

viperjimmy
10-24-2015, 07:54 AM
Attending:
Jimmy & Julie
Chris & Dawn
Martin
Peter + 1 (maybe)
Victor
Rusty & Kerrie
Steve
Bob & Maria
John & Carol
Tim
Mike & Melissa
Joe + 1
Matt if not raining.
Jim + 1 for 1st & ten

viperjimmy
10-24-2015, 05:30 PM
Attending:
Jimmy & Julie
Chris & Dawn
Martin
Victor
Rusty & Kerrie
Steve
Bob & Maria
Tim
Mike & Melissa
Joe + 1
Peter + 1 (maybe)
Matt if not raining
John & Carol if not raining, may meet us at 1st & ten
Jim + 1 for 1st & ten

Here's a link to the route we are taking if you want to have a copy:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z0SuiQyxPUhs.kJwAMR1gR7yk&usp=sharing

Martin2000GTS
10-24-2015, 10:35 PM
Awesome!!! Can't wait to catch up! BTW I too am recording the game! However we'll be able to watch a good portion of it at 1st and 10!
See you tomorrow,
Kerrie

Rusty is recording the Pats game on his VCR just to be clear.

viperjimmy
10-25-2015, 04:58 AM
See everyone soon, have a safe drive!

ViperTony
10-25-2015, 04:58 PM
\You should plan on coming to New England for our Christmas Party in December! It'll be a blast! Love to have you!
Take care,
Kerrie

Sounds like a plan Kerrie. Say hi to Rusty for me.

viperjimmy
10-25-2015, 06:21 PM
Thank you every one the came, drove the drive, saw the sights, took the scenic route in the woods (you know who you are, I'll have a rescue squad on hand next time) (you can borrow a personal GPS next year), and ate to their fill. It was a little wet/rainy at the start, but turned out to be a nice day, even had some sunshine.

Evil v10
10-25-2015, 07:30 PM
Viper tony I wil take vipair off your hands

- - - Updated - - -

It's Steven from ct

viperjimmy
10-25-2015, 08:59 PM
I'm going to try something different for uploading the pictures. It takes forever to upload the pictures one by one. So try this link to the pictures. Let me know if works or not. Thanks again to everyone who came and New England club for a great showing and driving long distances to join in the fun. Hats off to you! Here is the link: https://goo.gl/photos/tPRLb77K9HbQ8Qpc7

Martin2000GTS
10-26-2015, 07:26 AM
It was a great day! Thanks for hosting the New England crew. Thanks to the owner of the restaurant for that giant app that was on the house, it must have been 10 lbs and I ate 7 lbs of it. The falls was beautiful the trek through the woods on the way back was nice. Jimmy your ride was great, good roads and great views. Thanks again, looking forward to seeing you guys soon. Steve it was nice to meet up and talk to you as well! Martin-

Evil v10
10-26-2015, 08:11 PM
Martin had fun driving home with you guys we were in the 2015 white AMG Benz that was driving side by side with you after leaving the restaurant .
Had a good time talking to you both
We Will have to hang out some time soon
We can meet half way
We will texted you our number
Thanks to jimmy for setting this event

SlateEd
10-26-2015, 09:36 PM
Great Pictures Jimmy!

Glad everyone had a good time - no surprise with Viper Jimmy on the case :-)

and thanks to all the New England members who took the drive down to be a part!