PDA

View Full Version : Viper Days Cancelled - due to low registration, really viper guys, really

Dman
10-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Just got the email that they cancelled the event & crediting back my registration.

So sad considering how few positions they have to fill for this and it's a bucket list event for a viper owner.

Amazes me how in the Viper community, we wouldn't sell an event like this out, and it has to be cancelled.

Frustrating, only time I've been on track with another Viper was VOI 12.

Big thanks NARA and all involved for trying to offer this, again, and I really hope Viper Days stays alive, give us the chance in the future to show our interest and participation at these incredible events.

C'mon all you new gen5 guys/gals, let's use these cars how they were meant to be used at future events.

Looking forward to Oct Viper SRT track event in Vegas anyway.

And, it's raining, and winter is coming, and ... waah.

Fursty
10-02-2015, 11:25 AM
Join us in Nebraska June 9-12, 2016 for our seventh Viper Rendezvous. We had 50 Vipers on the track this year at Motorsport Park Hastings, Hastings, Nebraska.

https://vimeo.com/140598832

http://Viperrendezvous.com

Dman
10-02-2015, 11:59 AM
Join us in Nebraska June 9-12, 2016 for our seventh Viper Rendezvous. We had 50 Vipers on the track this year at Motorsport Park Hastings, Hastings, Nebraska.

https://vimeo.com/140598832

http://Viperrendezvous.com

So cool. I need Bill or Bernie to give me a job so I can move to an area of the country where all this neat viper stuff takes place, lol.

VENOM V
10-02-2015, 12:16 PM
Dave, that sucks!

I'm surprised it didn't fly this year. We are working on our second event that is the sister event of Viper Days, but on the West Coast. Ours is called Viper Tracks, and last year we sold out ahead of time before the event.

The hardest part is working your butt off promoting it, picking the right venue, keeping costs reasonable, Etc. Not an easy task. Hopefully they'll get it rolling again next year.

Todd

Bill Pemberton
10-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Er, cmon Fursty, we had 51 Vipers there in June this year, ha!!

Steve-Indy
10-02-2015, 01:31 PM
Bill, he might not have counted the old dude in the Venom Red Harecore ACR !! :)

Bill Pemberton
10-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Ha, ha..................he better have since we co sponsor it with him and his company -- Furstenau Financial Management. Anyway, my ACR does run like a Hare, but it is actually a Hardcore ,hehe.

ViperTony
10-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Surprising this is cancelled considering that Viper Days with Skip was a big success at VIR in July.

Coloviper
10-02-2015, 04:39 PM
Just got the email that they cancelled the event & crediting back my registration.

So sad considering how few positions they have to fill for this and it's a bucket list event for a viper owner.

Amazes me how in the Viper community, we wouldn't sell an event like this out, and it has to be cancelled.

Big thanks NARA and all involved for trying to offer this, again, and I really hope Viper Days stays alive, give us the chance in the future to show our interest and participation at these incredible events.

C'mon all you new gen5 guys/gals, let's use these cars how they were meant to be used at future events.

Would love to attend a Viper Days but no way I am going all over the country to do it. If they had these Viper Days in other parts of the country closer to home or for me better yet, in Colorado, would do it in a heartbeat. Debating going to Nebraska as that is fairly close enough. I don't think it is so much that people don't want to go on the track but more so where they hold these events, IMHO.

darbgnik
10-02-2015, 05:52 PM
I guess I'm lucky in one regard, not being anywhere near Viper Days, but in my track group that I run with there's my car, a TA 2.0, a Gen 4 ACR, and a couple Gen 3s. Lotsa vipers to look at.

BTW, the ACR in our group is the current stock record holder at our track, not bad for a 7 year old Dodge!

XSnake
10-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Sad :/

thetalonguy
10-02-2015, 07:35 PM
That sucks... Like Tony said Viper Days at VIR was amazing and successful. I hope NARRA doesn't have a bad taste in their mouth. Nothing like getting detailed instruction catered specifically to Vipers. I hope they will do it next year.

Shooter
10-02-2015, 09:58 PM
I feel no pity. I went every time NARRA had an event here in Texas. Then they started running too many series at the same time. Prices got higher and higher and the return on investment started dropping steadily the last couple of years. Get your pricing back in order and run some events in Texas again.

Simms
10-03-2015, 12:27 PM
Yeah I'm bummed as well. I was one of ? registered. Not sure why the registration was so low. Maybe the chance of bad weather this time of year? The track is fantastic with the new section too!

Hopefully they give it another shot next year.

steve911
10-03-2015, 02:23 PM

Take a look at the time of the year.... Its the middle of October in the north. Weather is too iffy to spend the kind of money for the weekend. Thats the reason why I didnt register. The wet doesnt bother me. I'm not made of sugar and won't melt. Low 50's (good possibilty) on slicks, now thats a totally different story.

Russ Oasis
10-03-2015, 09:15 PM
The cost of running a Viper Days event is astronomical. I am miffed by those who state that the entry fee of $595 is too high. You get two days of classroom and two days on-track instruction. Can you get track time for a hundred or two less somewhere else, sure, but if you don't know how to handle your Viper on the track, what good is the track time? Even at VIR with 35 cars, it was a break even for NARRA. It seems like the new crop of Viper owners don't grasp that the Viper is a TRACK CAR and not a dragster. When I post things about track events and things you can do to make your car faster on a road course, my post is often followed up by others who want to talk about twin turbos or how they beat a Nissan in a street race. I don't get it. Vipers beat Ferraris, Porsches, BMW's, Lambos, and McClarens, on the track but few want to track their car. They just want to drag race on the interstate highways or traffic light to traffic light. Maybe it's me, but I love the track worthiness of the Viper and want to share that experience with my brother owners.

Russ Oasis
10-03-2015, 09:17 PM
And Shooter....we run other series because not enough Vipers show up to pay for the track. Start showing up and we won't have to run other series.

FLATOUT
10-03-2015, 09:56 PM
And Shooter....we run other series because not enough Vipers show up to pay for the track. Start showing up and we won't have to run other series.

We have more Viper owners in Houston tracking than ever before. Lots of great tracks, great organizers and great prices.

Mbccenter
10-04-2015, 08:23 AM
They came here once to MN years ago but had the same problem. wish they would come back.

steve911
10-04-2015, 11:00 AM
Since the Stout's took over NARRA, everything moved east and has stayed there. Not a good thing for those in the west or even the midwest.

Viktimize
10-04-2015, 11:21 AM
The cost of running a Viper Days event is astronomical. I am miffed by those who state that the entry fee of $595 is too high. You get two days of classroom and two days on-track instruction. Can you get track time for a hundred or two less somewhere else, sure, but if you don't know how to handle your Viper on the track, what good is the track time? Even at VIR with 35 cars, it was a break even for NARRA. It seems like the new crop of Viper owners don't grasp that the Viper is a TRACK CAR and not a dragster. When I post things about track events and things you can do to make your car faster on a road course, my post is often followed up by others who want to talk about twin turbos or how they beat a Nissan in a street race. I don't get it. Vipers beat Ferraris, Porsches, BMW's, Lambos, and McClarens, on the track but few want to track their car. They just want to drag race on the interstate highways or traffic light to traffic light. Maybe it's me, but I love the track worthiness of the Viper and want to share that experience with my brother owners.

Makes perfect sense. Think of how many people are actually skilled behind the wheel. Not many. Driving a fast car in a straight line and winning races is an easy way to trick your own brain into thinking you're a good driver. We live in a 'Have it now" society. Nobody wants to actually work for something, so they aren't going to spend the time and effort required to learn how to drive their car correctly when they can just bolt on a TT and mash the gas pedal to win races.

dethred
10-04-2015, 12:04 PM
I can maybe shed some light on what may be a problem. I bought my car in June...

What is Viper Days?

Steve-Indy
10-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Steve911 makes a great point...if not the answer. As "things changed", NARRA lost touch with the grassroot Viper organizations that constantly fed new folks into the old Viper Days. With fewer and fewer venues over the last few years as well as the collapse of "geographic diversity" the supply of new track rats dropped off substantially. In my opinion, the economic downturn a few years back, the changes at Chrysler, and the problems within the "Viper club(s)" contributed.

I personally believe that the current VOA regions could easily resurrect local support to help NARRA's numbers IF there was a return to some of the old Viper Days venues. I know this go be true for the old Putnam Park venue near Indy. In fact, it is not out of the question to have something like this at the Indpls. Motor Speedway road course...noting that the Porsche Club recently held a drivers ed course there with over 200 registrants. By the way, everyone got a garage...3 days for less than $800.00 for the entire deal.

"Think small and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy".

darbgnik
10-04-2015, 01:23 PM

I think the hard part is getting guys out there the first time. I know after my first time I was hooked.

But the racetrack is also a humbling place. A lot of guys show up with hard earned, seemingly superior cars, then get shown the tail lights by a more experience guy in a less than flattering car. See this happen all the time unfortunately, guys go home with bruised egos, never to be seen again. Generally, the more expensive the car, the more bruised the ego becomes. A lot of guys who take a highway off ramp over the speed limit act like they are pro drivers in a racecar, but deep down, a lot would rather carry their assumption forward, than risk being shown otherwise.

I've offered many friends the opportunity to take their cars to my track group, and have had basically no takers. Excuses are all over the map. It's too far, too expensive, too dangerous....... With the funniest ones saying they need to upgrade their car first, lol. Oh I still need to buy track wheels and slicks and better suspension, etc. To which I usually reply, their car is already faster than they are, very much so. Our local fast guy embarrasses guys in fast cars in his wifes Miata.

This year, the economy is slow in my neck of the woods, so that might affect turnout. But my honest guess, is that in this instant gratification wanting, social media enamored, selfie taking society, it's easier to post pics standing next to the car, hoping everyone assumes you're awesome, than getting out and proving it. Or worse, proving you're not.

Russ Oasis
10-04-2015, 03:41 PM
I think the hard part is getting guys out there the first time. I know after my first time I was hooked.

But the racetrack is also a humbling place. A lot of guys show up with hard earned, seemingly superior cars, then get shown the tail lights by a more experience guy in a less than flattering car. See this happen all the time unfortunately, guys go home with bruised egos, never to be seen again. Generally, the more expensive the car, the more bruised the ego becomes. A lot of guys who take a highway off ramp over the speed limit act like they are pro drivers in a racecar, but deep down, a lot would rather carry their assumption forward, than risk being shown otherwise.

I've offered many friends the opportunity to take their cars to my track group, and have had basically no takers. Excuses are all over the map. It's too far, too expensive, too dangerous....... With the funniest ones saying they need to upgrade their car first, lol. Oh I still need to buy track wheels and slicks and better suspension, etc. To which I usually reply, their car is already faster than they are, very much so. Our local fast guy embarrasses guys in fast cars in his wifes Miata.

This year, the economy is slow in my neck of the woods, so that might affect turnout. But my honest guess, is that in this instant gratification wanting, social media enamored, selfie taking society, it's easier to post pics standing next to the car, hoping everyone assumes you're awesome, than getting out and proving it. Or worse, proving you're not.

This is exactly my point and it was made more eloquently by darbgnik than I did. LEARN HOW TO DRIVE YOUR CAR. A Miata with a good driver can crush a Viper driven by someone who doesn't know how to drive on-track.
And Steve911, NARRA went all over the country for a number of years, but the car counts on the west coast never justified the placement. For our own survival, we had to settle on going to places to which most cars would show up. We go to Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, VIR, Mid Ohio, NJMP, and PITT Race. These are all world class tracks.It would be hard to give up Road Atlanta or VIR to go to Putnam Park.

Steve-Indy
10-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Russ, your last sentence is confirmation of our point...7 venues on the 2015 schedule, DOWN from 13 in 2008. So, world class tracks for a few vs. reaching the larger group of potential future participants. This is an observation on my part, not meant as a criticism of NARRA as it's your hobby money. All things in time run out of time some day.

Russ Oasis
10-04-2015, 05:02 PM
Steve, racing is unbelievably expensive. In the old days, we had 9 events. (I've been racing since 2003). We cut down to 7 because we lose less money with 7 than with 9. Would it shock you if I said that some tracks are $80,000 for a Friday - Sunday event? At the low side they are $60,000. That's without the cost of the NARRA employees, organizers, equipment, etc. If we could get a commitment from enough racers or Viper Days participants on the west coast (or anywhere in the US), we'd be happy to go there. Thus far, as darbgnck said previously, Viper owners are notorious for coming up with excuses for why they don't want to, or can't go, to the track. At VIR, after the last Viper Days event, so many guys were stoked and said that if we'd do it again, they'd return along with a bunch of their friend who they'd bring with them. So, we arranged a Viper Days event at NARRA Finals for the year, Oct. 15-16. This is a big event at a world class track. There's a banquet, an awards ceremony, and Skip Thomas teaches the course. Guess what, ALL of the people who said they'd come and bring if we did another event, were no-shows for registration.
I guess my over-arching point is that I'm disappointed that guys who buy and own Vipers think that headers, wheels, and twin turbos are what the car is about. I wish they'd look at what Ben Keating and Kuno Wittmer did in the Tudor Series. THAT'S what a Viper is about. It's a track car...not a dragster on the exit ramp of I-95. It seems like nobody is interested in what the Viper excels at, and perhaps that's the reason that Viper may not survive 2017. You can buy a faster dragster for a lot less than a Viper. But you can't buy a better track car for even double the price of a Viper.

FLATOUT
10-04-2015, 05:25 PM
I'll say it again Russ, in Texas we have more Viper Owners road racing their Vipers than ever before. There is a lot more competition in the market place for track days now. Just because Viper owners aren't coming to the NARRA events doesn't mean they're not tracking their Vipers.

Stealth
10-04-2015, 05:39 PM
The solution is likely to have track days which include Vipers and other cars. this works very well in California

Steve-Indy
10-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Thanks, Russ...I think you and I agree on most points. I am a firm believer in driver education...especially for Viper drivers (as the well known published stats showed many years ago). Some of the old Viper Days fans may have naively hoped that the grassroots Viper driver's ed would be embraced by NARRA...but this may not have been feasible nor the intent. Whether or not there is an opportunity here for another lower key series here remains to be seen. My own inclination would have been to add a few lower cost venues and HOPE to bring the newer folks back. Our Region used to help arrange a discount for rookies and also added a small subsidy (after they completed their first school) paid directly to Viper Days which in turn was refunded that amount to the participant. It seemed to stir interest. Some of these people continued to participate at a higher level while others took refreshers annually
Of course, some dropped out altogether. Starting small in Indiana and Illinois and grew substantially. But, as has been stated, times change.

Simms
10-04-2015, 06:50 PM
Whatever the solution, I hope NARRA gives it another shot at PittRace (or VIR, etc) next year. Many also told me they would attend, but when the time came they didn't register. I think most were concerned about the weather up here in the fall (rainout with travel etc).

CarolinaViper
10-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Whatever the solution, I hope NARRA gives it another shot at PittRace (or VIR, etc) next year. Many also told me they would attend, but when the time came they didn't register. I think most were concerned about the weather up here in the fall (rainout with travel etc).

Was the NARRA event at VIR this year the week after the Tail of the Dragon (Last week in May)...I know there something at VIR the week after TOD. Some people like myself would have gone but couldn't attend both.

Jeff

FrankBarba
10-04-2015, 09:11 PM
OK Steve's i'll be a partner in this new endeavor. But i'd need a guarantee that i'll make my money back. If you say that there are
enough Viper Owners that want to do track days with Vipers only crowd i'm in. Now remember i just want to be an investor not a worker.

Shooter
10-04-2015, 09:45 PM

I bought a track ONLY Viper. Tell me again who doesn't want to track their Viper. I don't have the time NOR the money to trailer my car all over the country. Do some events closer to Houston...hell closer to Texas for that matter.

And for that joke of your other comment. Do what Ben does with his Viper.....do you realize that Ben has spent MILLIONS to do that?. Get real dude, I thought you were more grounded then that.

RedTanRT/10
10-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Russ, glad that your responding on behalf of NARRA. It's been a couple of years since you and I have traded notes on the boards, and we agreed to disagree about how the West Coast venues ended.

Steve-Indy had many points in his posts that I would generally agree with. Not here to criticize but instead to comment on how to improve NARRA, to get viper participation.

Viper Days was set up as an instructional event for new or infrequent vipers to track, then had a race series. NARRA has always seemed to me focused on the race series first. Skip seemed to have very good communication with the various VCA regional presidents and the event was promoted within the local club. To me, I just don't see that type of communication from NARRA (but it's been 4-5 years since there's been an event on the west coast so maybe that's changed?).

We have a core group in SoCal who track from the mid-level to National Series. We've all for years seen the void that was left after Viper Days, no great venues to get 1st timers out. I was very happy to see the event that was organized out here with Skip in January. At the local level we saw a need to get new folks out to the track to both enjoy the track and to become better viper drivers. It was very successful in attendance and that success was made by the local level, via promoting, encouraging and participating in the instruction.

Wish you the best, I know these events are costly and as a 1 time a year event, it's very hard to find track time. I think working closer at the local level will bring more folks. Best wishes, Mike

XSnake
10-05-2015, 08:31 AM
So, we arranged a Viper Days event at NARRA Finals for the year, Oct. 15-16. This is a big event at a world class track. There's a banquet, an awards ceremony, and Skip Thomas teaches the course. Guess what, ALL of the people who said they'd come and bring if we did another event, were no-shows for registration.

Theres a BIG difference to what VIR will draw vs. Pitt (no offense to the Pitt track). Surely even you can admit that. ESPECIALLY since there was already 1 event at that track already this year.

If NARRA wants to go after the Viper owner/driver they need to host events where the Vipers owners reside. The 3 states with the biggest #'s of cars are Cali, Texas, and Fl. There are no events there.

PAVenomRT/10
10-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Unfortunately, most Viper owners want to admire their cars in the garage or as Russ Oasis says, drag race on the streets stop light to stop light. The former is fine with me but the latter is dangerous and should be discouraged. Vipers are truly among the world's best track cars and with the new ACR may well be the best ever street legal track ready car. I have invited VOA members to my home track (NJMP) for HPDE track days including 5 on track sessions with an instructor if necessary, breakfast and lunch all for $195. I do this to meet other club members and to encourage them to enjoy these great cars as they were designed to be driven. So far in the past 2 years only one other member has accepted my invitation to join me on track.
As an attendee at the VIR Viper days in July, I would strongly encourage any Viper owner who has not attended a driving instruction program with their Viper to do this at least once. You will learn a lot about your car and how to drive it safely on track which will definitely translate to making you a better driver on the street. The program was a lot of fun and you can meet some really knowledgeable people.
PAVenom RT/10

Simms
10-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Theres a BIG difference to what VIR will draw vs. Pitt (no offense to the Pitt track). Surely even you can admit that. ESPECIALLY since there was already 1 event at that track already this year.

The facility as a whole is not VIR, but the addition of the south track has made the track awesome. The Stout's continue to spend money upgrading the facility in hopes to attract bigger venues down the road. Even Ralph was impressed this year when he was there.

And I don't disagree with you in regard to FL, TX, etc. I used to travel to Bradenton every year way back when the V10 Nationals were running.

FrankBarba
10-05-2015, 11:46 AM
Viper Days.....I was an original. Spent almost 300K the first year of their race series traveling all over the United States. West (Arizona, furthest) and all the other tracks
in between. Cost me a barrel of money to do Research & Development on a Gen1 RT/10, with no Help since everyone else was driving Gen II's. It was fun until competitors started crying that
my car was winning and others needed a chance to be included in the wins. I was then moved up to the classes with the Gen II's. ( we all knew that i would not be competitive even other racers
in my class knew this). That is when i gave up Viper Days. I chose to then run with SCCA & NASA, Pantera Racing in the West, no other Vipers at the time but i did have other competition that made it fun. At the end of
racing my RT/10 the Comp Coupe came out...Still the greatest Dodge Product ever produced as far as i'm concerned. I have only done maybe 1 NARRA event since i moved on to other venues.

Now that i'm older i would again jump at the chance to do a Viper Day's or NARRA event, just don't have the disposable income that i use to have. Since i no longer have the income i have placed all
of my race cars up for sale (3). If i did attend a NARRA event it would only to bring my Comp Coupe up with all the spares and place a FOR SALE on the Windshield.

If you can run with NARRA during their Track Time do it. You will not be disappointed. Great Racers and a lot of information to be had. If you can't get on the NARRA schedule then find a Track Event in
your area. There are enough of us racers in the US that all you need to do is contact one and i am sure if they are not racing that weekend you will be helped and coached..

Herrsss
10-05-2015, 11:57 AM
We got into tracking our Vipers in 2008 when NARRA came to Texas World Speedway annually and far as I could tell it was a sell out every time gauging by how full the banquet hall was. TWS is a rough track but they kept coming back until the last few years when they seem to have retrenched to the Northeast. We're willing to trailer our track cars outside the Great State of Texas but 2 days travel each way is pretty much our limit - about as far as we can go is VIR. There's a fabulous track here in Texas that is uber fast, uber smooth and way too much fun . . .CoTA . . . but it is expensive - they charge $60k per day but I bet NARRA would be able to fill it up if they came here.

Yep, some guys will not be happy when they get thumped by a Miata the first time out but take it as a challenge - if that driver can run circles around ya, learn your lines and leave 'em in the dust! Don't tuck your track ready beast into the garage and polish it!

Steve-Indy
10-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Fellow owners...this is exactly the type of dialogue I hoped we would see...constructive. Whether or not we can bring back participation on DE events , being open to that possibility is a good thing. It makes much more sense ( and cents) to employ an existing DE/racing body than to start from scratch. Are the numbers there?? Who knows. I can tell you that the younger guys are asking for the opportunity!!

Russ Oasis
10-05-2015, 12:41 PM
How many guys would sign up for Viper Days at PITT Race next week if I could convince them to resurrect it? Can we get 20 cars? Send me a PM if you'd come.

steve911
10-05-2015, 01:20 PM
We got into tracking our Vipers in 2008 when NARRA came to Texas World Speedway annually and far as I could tell it was a sell out every time gauging by how full the banquet hall was. TWS is a rough track but they kept coming back until the last few years when they seem to have retrenched to the Northeast. We're willing to trailer our track cars outside the Great State of Texas but 2 days travel each way is pretty much our limit - about as far as we can go is VIR. There's a fabulous track here in Texas that is uber fast, uber smooth and way too much fun . . .CoTA . . . but it is expensive - they charge $60k per day but I bet NARRA would be able to fill it up if they came here.

Yep, some guys will not be happy when they get thumped by a Miata the first time out but take it as a challenge - if that driver can run circles around ya, learn your lines and leave 'em in the dust! Don't tuck your track ready beast into the garage and polish it!

I would echo what is begin said in the quote above but change Texas World Speedway to ROAD AMERICA. NARRA would sell the place out in short order when they came there.

Dman
10-05-2015, 02:47 PM
How many guys would sign up for Viper Days at PITT Race next week if I could convince them to resurrect it? Can we get 20 cars? Send me a PM if you'd come.

Well, I pulled my PTO off the calendar and now have a ton of mtgs they've dropped on me those days, once I unblocked those days, it was over for me. So if they now have, I'll go from disappointed to pissed. (j/k, kinda)

FWIW, to me $600 for 2 trackdays with professional viper specific instruction is a deal. I had to miss VIR due to travel & work, otherwise I'd not miss one. I think elsewhere in the country people have a lot more options. Here in MD, it's much more a C&C crowd. Most track events I go to are vettec Porsche and mustang events that welcome the viper to attend, or just open track days. But to me it's a big thanks to NARA for thinking of us mid-atlantic guys, you Cali, Texas, Nebraska folks already have all the fun. lol

Simms
10-05-2015, 03:04 PM

Me, but I was already signed up.

TrackAire
10-05-2015, 03:15 PM
I can't comment on the Viper Days challenges, but at least in my area you can literally do an open track event every weekend if you wanted to......so much more HPDE track event competition than what was out there 10 years ago.

I haven't had the privilege of doing a Viper Days event....but if you've done one or two of them with the instructors and gone on to do a lot of tracking and or other professional driving schools, is the main draw of the Viper Days tracking with other Vipers?

Another challenge I can see is Viper sales just aren't where they were in the 90's and early 2000's.....and even more importantly the press and marketing of the vehicle is barely there compared to when the Gen 1's, 2's and 3's were rocking it.

Lastly, weather is a big issue......tracks cost the most to rent during the dry weather season but tracking in the rain is a definite "no" for me.

FLATOUT
10-05-2015, 04:23 PM
We could easily fill 31+ spots for a COTA Viper Days. I am all about helping the Stouts get something going here in TX if they can swing coming all the way down here.

Andy

Steve-Indy
10-05-2015, 04:49 PM
At the moment, the pressing issue on the table concerns the gracious offer by Russ to at least TRY to resurrect the Viper Days event at PITT in October. Even if this cannot be done, the offer as well as 20 people committing would mean that this issue is totally dead. The offer to get Viper drivers to other tracks on remote dates is a great one, but not quite as acute in nature.

Russ, I will bring this offer up at our meeting this Saturday. Thanks, again!!

ViperSmith
10-05-2015, 04:55 PM
I'd love to, but my goal is to start tracking next year.

Simms
10-05-2015, 07:11 PM
I'd love to, but my goal is to start tracking next year.

It's the perfect venue to start with.

XTREME SUPERCARS
10-05-2015, 08:05 PM

I agree with Russ 100%
I was at VIR and it was worth every penny it's a shame the Vipers in the North and Canada did't try to make this
I guess they will just complain nobody ever does any track events up there
I learned a lot and had a great time met some new friends

Steve-Indy
12-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Anyone know when NARRA will post there 2016 schedule?

thetalonguy
12-05-2015, 07:31 PM
They didn't post it on the website yet, but you can probably reach out to Lucie (she's awesome) Lucie@narraonline.com or call 817-829-4893

Checked their website and found this cool little interview with JonB.
http://narraonline.com/all-news-main/359-partsrack-more-than-just-parts

Steve-Indy
12-20-2015, 05:24 PM
Still no 2016 schedule posted.

TheAnonymousOne
12-21-2015, 09:56 AM
Well said. It's the YOLO world we live in now. Road course racing doesn't get the masses excited on youtube the way street racing and drag racing does. People have very short attention spans and if you want to be cool in the internet, you need to drag race/street race. That and a lot of people buying these cars can't barely afford them. Track days are not for empty pockets.

VENOM V
12-21-2015, 12:27 PM
Guys,

We are hosting Viper Tracks 2 after having a very successful innaugeral Viper Tracks last year. We had 78 Vipers on track last year, a sold out event,. They came from as far as Arizona, Texas, even Canada, just to drive in our event. This year we are moving to a new venue, Chuckwalla Raceway in SoCal. We recently opened registration and are already at 30 participants. We will limit the number to 100, so sign up soon. Join us!

http://www.vipertracks.com/?page_id=104

Here's our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/931989433542814/

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or PM me.

Todd
mobile 408-391-1379

Russ Oasis
12-21-2015, 03:37 PM
I spoke with NARRA and the schedule is forthcoming shortly. They are tying up the final details on some killer tracks. Stand by until the first week of January and I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the itinerary.

Steve-Indy
12-21-2015, 05:06 PM
Thanks, Russ...I usually put the dates into our annual club schedule hoping to generate some interest. I do realize just how difficult scheduling and track contract discussions can be.

Hats off to NARRA for getting the job done...looking forward to the 2016 announcement!!

Dman
12-21-2015, 05:46 PM
I spoke with NARRA and the schedule is forthcoming shortly. They are tying up the final details on some killer tracks. Stand by until the first week of January and I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the itinerary.

Yay! That's great news. Thanks

XSnake
12-21-2015, 07:14 PM
Thanks, Russ...I usually put the dates into our annual club schedule hoping to generate some interest. I do realize just how difficult scheduling and track contract discussions can be.

Hats off to NARRA for getting the job done...looking forward to the 2016 announcement!!

Good to hear, been waiting on their schedule to see if I can fit any of the NARRA events into my 2016 schedule.

Steve-Indy
12-23-2015, 03:12 PM
NARRA website (narraonline.com) seems dead for past 2 days. Anyone know if there is another web address?

XSnake
12-23-2015, 04:54 PM
NARRA website (narraonline.com) seems dead for past 2 days. Anyone know if there is another web address?

Could be down for update

Steve-Indy
12-30-2015, 03:05 PM
Worrisome...site still down.

Steve-Indy
01-10-2016, 10:26 AM
There's hope...last few days NARRA link says new website coming.

Russ Oasis
01-10-2016, 09:52 PM
It's coming guys...there's a lot going on at NARRA and they want to make sure the 2016 schedule is in stone before they put it up.

Steve-Indy
01-13-2016, 02:50 PM
Thanks, Russ...found NARRA's 2016 USGT Schedule today !!

Link: http://narraonline.com/

Sure HAPPY to see this !!!

Dman
01-13-2016, 03:18 PM
Two at Pitt and one at VIR ... woohoo 3 events in my neck of the woods, dayum, so excited I want to hop on an ACR now. lol

Thanks guys, hope that means viper instruction events at each of those, I'm in.

XSnake
01-15-2016, 08:40 AM
Damn, the Rd. Atlanta event always conflicts with my Daytona event. Maybe I'll be able to make the VIR event.