PDA

View Full Version : New Member, just joined

MI Viper
12-13-2013, 07:41 AM
Just wanted to say hello. We live on Merritt Island, (East coast of Fl where KSC and Cocoa Beach are located). Just bought a 2009 Red back top Vert', with 4,880 miles on her, had her about a month put 400 miles on her. Looking to go cruising with other Viper owners here in Central Fl. Here's a couple pics of her.
Thanks and Merry X-mas to all
MI Viper

XSnake
12-13-2013, 07:44 AM
Congrats and welcome to the club. We are working with SRT on setting up something for the Rolex 24 at Daytona in Jan. Hope to see you there!!! Lauire is also over your way. She has a Blk/Sil Paxton 04. If you see her flag her down.

MoparBoyy
12-13-2013, 07:51 AM
Congrats and welcome!

I know there is a Black Gen 3 running around that area too. As Matt said, we are trying to work on a get together for the Rolex 24 and 12 hour of Sebring.

BlknBlu
12-13-2013, 07:56 AM
very nice, Welcome to the VOA.

Bruce

MI Viper
12-13-2013, 08:12 AM
Thanks everyone, both the Daytona Sebring trips sound real cool!

MI Viper
12-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Congrats and welcome to the club. We are working with SRT on setting up something for the Rolex 24 at Daytona in Jan. Hope to see you there!!! Lauire is also over your way. She has a Blk/Sil Paxton 04. If you see her flag her down.

My wife will be excited to meet "Laurie", she just loves the Viper, and just wants to cruise, I have to hide the keys! :)

MoparBoyy
12-13-2013, 08:20 AM
just wants to cruise, I have to hide the keys! :)

thats the sign you bought the right car.

MI Viper
12-13-2013, 09:29 AM
thats the sign you bought the right car.

MB,
It's kinda funny, when I found the car on ebay, and I started talking to her about it, she was NOT on board at all, but she knew I wanted real bad, so she relented. Once it got here and I took her for her first ride/then drive, she was all smiles! The power of the venom is intoxicating! :)

MI Viper
12-13-2013, 09:37 AM
This is 1 of our other toys... and my wife says when I'm boating with the boys, she will cruising in the viper! Needless to say, the Hustler has not been off the lift since the Viper has arrived in Merritt Island....

MoparBoyy
12-13-2013, 09:44 AM
This is 1 of our other toys... and my wife says when I'm boating with the boys, she will cruising in the viper! Needless to say, the Hustler has not been off the lift since the Viper has arrived in Merritt Island....

very NICE.. sounds like we need a Viper meet on the east coast.

Scott Mannny
12-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Welcome and enjoy the Ride!!!!!!!!

daytonprowler
12-13-2013, 10:12 AM
WELCOME. Beautiful Viper and boat.

I'm over on Ocean Beach Blvd behind Ron Jon's Surf Shop. Wish I could be there 12 months out of the year. Looking forward to some Viper meets with the Central/North Florida VOA. :)

Congrats on your Viper!

MI Viper
12-13-2013, 10:25 AM
very NICE.. sounds like we need a Viper meet on the east coast.

MB,
Sounds great, just let us know, we have a Tiki bar on the back side of our house, next the dock that we could use as a "FL East Coast Viper club meeting room, :) it seat about 9 people.

MoparBoyy
12-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Cowboys fan huh? I'm from Chicago... just sayin :)

MI Viper
12-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Cowboys fan huh? I'm from Chicago... just sayin :)

Yep, go figure I'm from NY, but have the Cowboys character flaw! :) U guys whooped on us the other night, no doubt.
BUT My wife is an Auburn Tiger alumni.... WAR EAGLE!

DrTaco
12-13-2013, 01:06 PM
Wecome to the forums

uvbnbit
12-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Did you join "both" clubs? saw this post on VCA as well . . . . . :drive:

MI Viper
12-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Did you join "both" clubs? saw this post on VCA as well . . . . . :drive:
Yep, I don't know all the details of what/why there are 2 Viper clubs, I just want to meet up with local Viper owners who we can cruise with.... BUT I will say the VOA has given me a warmer welcome it seems like anyway.....
MI Viper

MoparBoyy
12-13-2013, 02:06 PM
BUT I will say the VOA has given me a warmer welcome it seems like anyway.....

stop.. you are making us blush.

ViperGTS
12-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Nice Gen 4 - very welcome over here, btw :D

VoodooRob
12-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Welcome to the VOA, great bunch of people here and ask any questions about your new ride. Many members here have water toys too!

Coloviper
12-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Rob, glad you included the pictures as I was a little worried when you stated water toys.

SmoknTires
12-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Welcome to the club!

Pardon some of us for being slightly down... Our cars and boats are frozen at the moment.

VoodooRob
12-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Rob, glad you included the pictures as I was a little worried when you stated water toys.
Haha, I thought about that after I wrote it.

MI Viper
12-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the VOA, great bunch of people here and ask any questions about your new ride. Many members here have water toys too!

VDR,
Do you belong to OSO?
MI V.

MI Viper
12-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Welcome to the club!

Pardon some of us for being slightly down... Our cars and boats are frozen at the moment.

ST,
You guys are welcome to come to the Sunshine state, Rolex 24 hours is just around the corner, 1/26-27/14! We are going!!! We have to represent!

MoparBoyy
12-13-2013, 05:40 PM
ST,
You guys are welcome to come to the Sunshine state, Rolex 24 hours is just around the corner, 1/26-27/14! We are going!!! We have to represent!

awesome. we are setting up with SRT for a Viper car corral.

MI Viper
12-13-2013, 05:57 PM
awesome. we are setting up with SRT for a Viper car corral.
MB,
We'll be following your lead, should be a great time!

Michael
12-13-2013, 06:49 PM
No where near your area, but wanted to welcome you to the club and to say "Hi".
Live in Texas, but have been all my long life, a Packer fan (and recently, an owner).
Nice Viper. :)

Rand1993
12-13-2013, 08:20 PM
MI Viper - I'm a member of the Washington State VOA chapter, but have a second home in Melbourne (Viera). I'm looking forward to some East coast events. See you in Florida some time.

Leslie
12-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Welcome! I think you will like it here:)

KRATEDISEASE
12-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Welcome, and if ever visiting in NYCity lets have a Bison Burger together

MI Viper
12-14-2013, 06:27 AM
No where near your area, but wanted to welcome you to the club and to say "Hi".
Live in Texas, but have been all my long life, a Packer fan (and recently, an owner).
Nice Viper. :)
M,
Thanks for the warm welcome, I spent 6 years in Abilene while in the Air Force. If we didn't live here, we would move back to Texas, really like it there. Used to go to Possum Kingdom Lake all the time. Are you going to the Packers/Cowboys game?

MI Viper
12-14-2013, 06:30 AM
MI Viper - I'm a member of the Washington State VOA chapter, but have a second home in Melbourne (Viera). I'm looking forward to some East coast events. See you in Florida some time.

Rand,
Yep, have some friends who live in Viera, and look forward to meeting you when you return to the Sunshine state.

MI Viper
12-14-2013, 06:35 AM
M,
Thanks for the warm welcome, I spent 6 years in Abilene while in the Air Force. If we didn't live here, we would move back to Texas, really like it there. Used to go to Possum Kingdom Lake all the time. My neighbor down the street is from WI and they own Packer stock also. Are you going to the Packers/Cowboys game? Go Cowboys! :)

Michael
12-14-2013, 12:09 PM
M,
Thanks for the warm welcome, I spent 6 years in Abilene while in the Air Force. If we didn't live here, we would move back to Texas, really like it there. Used to go to Possum Kingdom Lake all the time. Are you going to the Packers/Cowboys game?

I'm retired Army. Seven years in Armor as a Tank Commander; and 15 more years as a Special Agent in the Army CID.

Regarding the Cowboys-Packers game question. Won't have to. I reside near San Antonio, so the game is not blacked out from viewing on TV. They broadcast all Cowboys games here, so I'll get to see my beloved Packers. Even though the season is pretty much over for the Packers this year (Aaron's injury); this is one game I definitely will not miss. My younger brother (now deceased) was a Cowboy fan and we would religiously watch the Cowboys and Packers play each other Pre-season (Cotton Bowl) and Thanksgiving. Those were very memorable days. I miss the "Retro" AFL/NFL, when they were separate leagues. Pro Football was a lot better back then. Now, an AFC and NFC team can play each other during normal season, which to me greatly diminishes the purpose and meaning of the Super Bowl.
Don't know if Aaron will be playing, but still should prove to be a good game.

VoodooRob
12-14-2013, 12:12 PM
VDR,
Do you belong to OSO?
MI V.
Yes, VoodooRob over there too. Also a member of Lake Erie Offshore Powerboat Associations (LEOPA).

MI Viper
12-14-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm retired Army. Seven years in Armor as a Tank Commander; and 15 more years as a Special Agent in the Army CID.

Regarding the Cowboys-Packers game question. Won't have to. I reside near San Antonio, so the game is not blacked out from viewing on TV. They broadcast all Cowboys games here, so I'll get to see my beloved Packers. Even though the season is pretty much over for the Packers this year (Aaron's injury); this is one game I definitely will not miss. My younger brother (now deceased) was a Cowboy fan and we would religiously watch the Cowboys and Packers play each other Pre-season (Cotton Bowl) and Thanksgiving. Those were very memorable days. I miss the "Retro" AFL/NFL, when they were separate leagues. Pro Football was a lot better back then. Now, an AFC and NFC team can play each other during normal season, which to me greatly diminishes the purpose and meaning of the Super Bowl.
Don't know if Aaron will be playing, but still should prove to be a good game.

M,
Thank you for all the service you have provided this ONCE great country. Sorry to hear about your brother, I too lost my youngest brother years ago. Regarding the Packers-Cowboys games over the years, Brett Farve was such a gamer, I really hated playing the Packers when he was slinging the ball.

MI Viper
12-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Yes, VoodooRob over there too. Also a member of Lake Erie Offshore Powerboat Associations (LEOPA).

Rob,
Too funny, this Dean Ferry, from OSO! :) When did you get your 353? Didn't you have an Advantage 32 at 1 time? Beautiful boat and Snake also! When I was shopping for our Snake, I REALLY wanted a Blue vert with the Vert white stripes, but this snake was in such incredible shape, that I couldn't pass it up. Arrest me RED is what my buddies call it, I say Republican Red! :)
Dean

VoodooRob
12-14-2013, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE=MI Viper;14843]Rob,
Too funny, this Dean Ferry, from OSO! :) When did you get your 353? Didn't you have an Advantage 32 at 1 time? Beautiful boat and Snake also! When I was shopping for our Snake, I REALLY wanted a Blue vert with the Vert white stripes, but this snake was in such incredible shape, that I couldn't pass it up. Arrest me RED is what my buddies call it, I say Republican Red! :).

Mr Dean, glad you bought the snake. There really is not a bad color choice for these cars. Unlike some car manufacturers, Dodge (SRT, whatever the name), has a good idea of what looks good on the cars. You really have a nice example there, enjoy it! Last boat was a Baja 272, built the engine and sold July 2012. Bought the Fastech 353 in January 2013 from Wisconsin dealer sight unseen. Couldn't be happier with it. Any Poker Runs in your future?

Torquemonster06
12-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Welcome to the VOA.

MI Viper
12-14-2013, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=MI Viper;14843]Rob,
Too funny, this Dean Ferry, from OSO! :) When did you get your 353? Didn't you have an Advantage 32 at 1 time? Beautiful boat and Snake also! When I was shopping for our Snake, I REALLY wanted a Blue vert with the Vert white stripes, but this snake was in such incredible shape, that I couldn't pass it up. Arrest me RED is what my buddies call it, I say Republican Red! :).

Mr Dean, glad you bought the snake. There really is not a bad color choice for these cars. Unlike some car manufacturers, Dodge (SRT, whatever the name), has a good idea of what looks good on the cars. You really have a nice example there, enjoy it! Last boat was a Baja 272, built the engine and sold July 2012. Bought the Fastech 353 in January 2013 from Wisconsin dealer sight unseen. Couldn't be happier with it. Any Poker Runs in your future?

VDR,
Yeah, the next Viper Poker Run!!!:)

MI Viper
12-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the VOA.
TM06,
Thanks, and your login name is Killer!

MI Viper
12-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Welcome, and if ever visiting in NYCity lets have a Bison Burger together
KD,
Thanks for the invite, I'm originally from Upstate NY, WAY upstate, Potsdam NY, went to College in Geneseo, SUNY. When I lived in S. Dakota, I had Beefalo, is that like a Bison burger?
MI V.

MI Viper
12-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Welcome! I think you will like it here:)

L,
Thanks, I'm already feeling the Love... or is it Venom! :)

MI Viper
12-14-2013, 10:03 PM

VDR,
Here is the OSO Thread I started:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation/304822-should-i-stripe-not-3.html

That's where I remember you from! :)

SLViper
12-14-2013, 11:12 PM

Nice!
We have a Donzi Z32 w/twin 502 Magnum Merc's out back, I call it the "Lake Viper"

SheViper
12-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Welcome to the club! I'm in Cape Canaveral. We must meet up some time. Glad to have another one in the area!

VoodooRob
12-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Nice!
We have a Donzi Z32 w/twin 502 Magnum Merc's out back, I call it the "Lake Viper"

Looks like it might be time for a boat thread!

MI Viper
12-15-2013, 07:05 PM
Go Cowboys! :)

Man, the Cowboys suck, they need to spend a draft pick next year on a QB!! Then again, my mother-in-law could have scored on the cowgirls defense this season!!!! :t0122:

MI Viper
12-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the club! I'm in Cape Canaveral. We must meet up some time. Glad to have another one in the area!

SV,
Sounds great, I will PM our contact info. Funny, my wife Robin said today that she didn't get to drive the snake all week!! She was going to go this afternoon, but stuff got in the way.
Look forward to meeting you.

BTW, is your R8 Blue with a black stripe? If yes, I think I have seen you + the R8 in the Target Parking Lot here on MI!!! Awhile back.... If that was you, awesome car!!
MI V.

MI Viper
12-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Looks like it might be time for a boat thread!

VDR,
Sounds good, I'll start 1 tomorrow, In fact didn't we determine that there was like 5-6 Viper owners on OSO, on my "Stripe it" thread?

XSnake
12-16-2013, 09:47 AM
SV,
Sounds great, I will PM our contact info. Funny, my wife Robin said today that she didn't get to drive the snake all week!! She was going to go this afternoon, but stuff got in the way.
Look forward to meeting you.

BTW, is your R8 Blue with a black stripe? If yes, I think I have seen you + the R8 in the Target Parking Lot here on MI!!! Awhile back.... If that was you, awesome car!!
MI V.

Yes, Lauries R8 has the carbon side blade and now black wheels

Michael
12-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Man, the Cowboys suck, they need to spend a draft pick next year on a QB!! Then again, my mother-in-law could have scored on the cowgirls defense this season!!!! :t0122:

My gut was in my throat all of the first half. Second half ..... well, smile went from ear to ear.
Did you see at the very end, where Romo through his helmet - Packers intercepted it too. (Okay, just kidding).
Packers haven't won an "Away" Cowboy's game since 89. Glad they finally broke that streak.

MI Viper
12-17-2013, 07:19 PM

SV,
Great talking with you tonight, and will check with Billy about this weekend's cruise down to Melbourne. Look forward to meeting you
MI V.

Janni
12-18-2013, 08:04 AM
Welcome!!!! Great to see more and more folks here.

COOLNESS!

MoparBoyy
12-18-2013, 08:24 AM
MI V.

yep thats her.. the R8 is her 'daily' car.. good trunk space for target and publix runs.

daytonprowler
12-18-2013, 08:43 AM
MI Viper,

What can you tell us about Boniface-Heirs Chrysler on Merritt Island. Have you had any experience with them? I was down at my place a couple weeks ago and noticed two Gen V's on the showroom floor. I know they raffle off a restored Mopar just about every year for charity.

R

SheViper
12-18-2013, 09:08 AM
When I was by there in the spring, they had two red ones on the floor and one in the back that had just come in. I've only really ever dealt with the parts department, although I've spoken with Craig Heirs in the service department a number of times and he is always very friendly and helpful. When I went by to look at the Gen V's, the salesmen weren't very knowledgeable. They asked me if mine was an automatic. :/ That could explain why they've had those for a while.

MoparBoyy
12-18-2013, 10:02 AM
When I went by to look at the Gen V's, the salesmen weren't very knowledgeable. They asked me if mine was an automatic. :/ That could explain why they've had those for a while.

still have yet to meet a salesmen who is knowledgeable.. lol

Leslie
12-18-2013, 01:31 PM

nice boat!

wish I lived nearby, we could do a 'girls day in our vipers' cruise:)

MI Viper
12-18-2013, 02:00 PM
When I was by there in the spring, they had two red ones on the floor and one in the back that had just come in. I've only really ever dealt with the parts department, although I've spoken with Craig Heirs in the service department a number of times and he is always very friendly and helpful. When I went by to look at the Gen V's, the salesmen weren't very knowledgeable. They asked me if mine was an automatic. :/ That could explain why they've had those for a while.

SV,
Same here, Craig is super nice guy, seems fairly knowledgeable about Snakes, and THE salesmen, well..... All they could say to me was that their 2013 Gen V's could WHIP my Gen IV... I replied, "Depends on who is driving"! :)
I'm just surprised that for such a small Dodge SRT Dealership that they would have that much $$ tied up in Snake inventory. Merritt Island is not a booming metropolis by any means, that is why we love living here, life is kinda slow unless you drive a Snake! or an R8!:)

Dave97GTS
12-19-2013, 12:42 AM
Welcome!

MI Viper
01-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome I have received here on VOA, just really enjoying the passion that everyone has for their Snakes. And all the knowledge here is pretty impressive, just a really cool website and forums.
Long live VOA!
MI V.