PDA

View Full Version : Order New or Buy slightly used Viper?

SRTWANNABE
09-21-2015, 11:05 PM
Hey there, long time Viper fan and enthusiast getting really close to having my dreams come true. I currently own a 2014 SRT GC which I picked, ordered and did enjoy having my name on the window sticker as I plan on owning it for a long time.
I have been struggling to justify buying new when the recent price drop has brought down used prices with them. I am comfortable with the $100-$110k price so I think I'm looking used. I am from Toronto so these prices would be in CDN and our loonie isn't doing too well right now.
What's everyone's opinion?

G37Sam
09-22-2015, 12:53 AM
If you want a loaded GTS, look into lightly used ones. If you want a base/GT, I'd consider a new one.

Coloviper
09-22-2015, 07:05 AM
Truthfully it comes down to what you can afford. If you can afford new, buy new. If not, buy used. If a used vehicle comes up exactly as you would have ordered it new and has acceptable miles with full service history and no stories, then I would buy used. Then again, I said I would buy. It is a personal preference.

There is a used 2014 SRT that has come up EXACTLY as I would have ordered it new. It has near 8,000 miles and priced awesome and acceptable so trying to shift everything around to take advantage of it.

viper_eddie
09-22-2015, 09:48 AM
Depends on what you're looking to buy (GTS vs SRT) but unless you want some crazy options/combinations, I say buy used and save a ton of money. You can easily save 15-20k.

kbench55
09-22-2015, 11:42 AM
Hey there, long time Viper fan and enthusiast getting really close to having my dreams come true. I currently own a 2014 SRT GC which I picked, ordered and did enjoy having my name on the window sticker as I plan on owning it for a long time.
I have been struggling to justify buying new when the recent price drop has brought down used prices with them. I am comfortable with the $100-$110k price so I think I'm looking used. I am from Toronto so these prices would be in CDN and our loonie isn't doing too well right now.
What's everyone's opinion?

Look around at dealers that still have 2014 on their lots. I was able to pick up one this July that was on the dealers lot for 18 months. I was able to pick it up for $25,000 off.

BOOSTED
09-22-2015, 02:59 PM
Im selling my 2015 out in Alberta .... Its got 1900km on it. Shoot me a PM

SRTWANNABE
09-23-2015, 01:48 AM
I really appreciate the opinions folks. I'm about 5 months away, just waiting for a contract to get renewed, and have to sell my current summer car.
I think I'm leaning towards used, we'll see how much the money the RX7 brings.

Voice of Reason
09-23-2015, 06:06 AM
The highly optioned GTS cars are not holding their value well, so if you want every box checked on the order sheet look for a used car. Otherwise I'd go new and find a dealer to sell at invoice which shouldn't be too hard these days.