PDA

View Full Version : Be on the lookout - Up in your neck of the woods for a week

Luisv
09-20-2015, 06:18 PM
He folks... just a friendly "hello" to anybody up near Bryson City. My local car club (SSP Miami) will be up there for our yearly October Cruise. I'll be up there in a stunning (if I do say so myself...lol) 2002 FE driving the snot out of it on the Dragon, Devil's Whip, Cherohala, Blue Ridge, Moonshiner's and surrounding areas. We'll be in the area from October 2nd through the 8th before we drive back home.

If you have any recommendations, let us know.... can't hurt. If you all see me driving around... say "hey"....

CarolinaViper
09-20-2015, 06:43 PM
Luis,

There several of us that live in the area, actually one member less about 10-20 minutes from the ToD. Call me (828) 442-3393, when you get ready to go. I would enjoy riding the Tail with you guys.

Jeff

braunstein82
09-20-2015, 08:10 PM
Depending on your route up. The Carolina region is having one it's events events the weekend oct 2-4. Cars and coffee Charleston, SC being on the 3rd. Also talk to Josh he sets up alot a drives around that area

Josrocket
09-28-2015, 06:56 AM
Hit me up Luis. We are always up for a drive. I wont be going to the Charleston event.

TCurtner
10-01-2015, 02:23 PM
He folks... just a friendly "hello" to anybody up near Bryson City. My local car club (SSP Miami) will be up there for our yearly October Cruise. I'll be up there in a stunning (if I do say so myself...lol) 2002 FE driving the snot out of it on the Dragon, Devil's Whip, Cherohala, Blue Ridge, Moonshiner's and surrounding areas. We'll be in the area from October 2nd through the 8th before we drive back home.

If you have any recommendations, let us know.... can't hurt. If you all see me driving around... say "hey"....

LUISV: I PM'd you - live in area. Give me a text/call when you get in. Check out this Cars and Coffee - a great place to start from:
http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/10700-Cars-amp-Coffee-Cruisn-with-Heart-Knoxville-10-3
JosRocket, hope you show after all!

99RT10
10-01-2015, 03:22 PM
What dates are you guys going up?

Luisv
10-02-2015, 05:20 AM
Folks so sorry for not replying before.... Last week was the close of the quarter for me and I was travelling so I was going nuts. This week I was all over getting things ready to make the trip.... Anyway...Sorry for the late reply.

We Left South Florida yesterday and drove into Savannah. We are heading out this AM towards Bryson City, NC today, which is home base for a few days. We will be driving through the Atlanta area, maybe hitting Summit Racing to check it out.

As for ToD. Our Lead/Planner for the trip (he does a great job of putting these together for us includng meals and such) tells me we will be in Deal's Gap on Tuesday. I think we are doing Fontana Dam on that day as well and, I assume, Blind Kenny, will be shooting the club cars for us that day. I do not know where we will be having lunch but will be happy to get those details. We may be going Sunday as well but weather may be a problem.

This year is our 5th Anniversary trip and it all started with a trip to Tail of the Dragon in 2011. We now do it yearly in October and we have had as many as 28 people make the trips. We return to ToD every other year but have done trips taking us through DC, NY, PA, VA, WV, NH, NJ & DE always looking for fun roads and cool places to hit. We are a mixed group of cars that include a GTO, C6 Vette, SRT8 Chrysler 300, Challenger R/T Scat Pack, Charger R/T, '72 Ford Maverick with a big block & my Viper. Unfortunately, this year we are a bit lean because some regulars could not make it due to a number of reasons. Notably an SRT8 Cherokee w/ a 426 stroker and a Porsche 914 that just had engine transplant from a 911.

Anyway.... my number is (305) 799-0439. Feel free to text me or I will reach out to you guys when in the area and I can give you details. I'd love to meet you all if you'd like to head out.

Luisv
10-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Actually.... my lead made a mistake. It's Saturday (tomorrow) and Tuesday on the Dragon. I think Saturday will be a rain out. If we drive it, it'll be just to go through slow.

I'll hit you guys up on Monday for Tuesday...

Luisv
10-13-2015, 07:44 PM
Well back home now. Trip was awesome! Beautiful part of the country in NC and TN! Vacations never seem to be long enough! Go figure.

We love the area and are definitely set to make it out to the area again next year. I think we are looking at going to TN to hit Coperhead Road next year so it depends on what we finally decide. However, We just love the TN/NC area so we'll be heading back again next year. The following year we head back to Bryson City to hit the Dragon again as it will become our tradition to go back every other year.

I just posted a video of a run up the Dragon in the "Fun Section" here. I shot it with a new camera I just picked up.

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/10884-New-Camera-I-used-last-week-on-the-Tail-of-the-Dragon?p=170957#post170957

Thanks to Thomas for reaching out while I was up there. I had some areas with horrible cell connections so we were not able to meet but still appreciate the hospitality! I will definitely reach out again next time and figure out a better way to coordinate.