PDA

View Full Version : Before I go ordering my new Car...

BCViper
09-20-2015, 12:58 AM
Is there anything I need to know about the newest generation of Viper.
My knowledge of the new Gen V is fairly limited.
Been missing my 2005 I bought used in 2009 since selling it in 2012.
Over the years I have had different cars, no real complaints on any of them except the engine grenading in my 2006 corvette once.

Probably order a red GTS, with black rattler wheels.
Are they as fun to drive as the old 05 cars?
Still reliable?
Anything a total newbie to the new generation should be aware of?
Thanks

sfviper
09-20-2015, 01:52 AM
I traded my 2005 Copperhead for a new Gen V GTS and looked back. The interior is like a modern Ferrari. Shifting is more precise, no more miss shifts, same explosive launch but controllable. Easier going over bumps, less rattles, hot side sills, fit and finish way better. Good luck with your search.

Jdmuscle
09-20-2015, 02:49 AM
Well.. Never had the previous generation but did have a C6 Z06 previously and can provide my feedback on new one based on that.. Been had this car for two weeks now and I've racked up about 400 miles now.

Car is well planted and controllable. Dual mode suspension is awesome. Fit and finish is light years from the Z06. Interior looks awesome and every panel you touch are soft and of high quality. Gauges and infotainment are very nice. A/C works wonderfully and yes the sills get hot. Shifting is amazing .. I feel like I'm back in my Vette with this shifting experience... Very nice throws and shifter feels awesome. Adjustable pedals and the seat adjustments cater to a very wide audience and the lack of telescopic steering wheel becomes a non issue.

Visibility is very good and didn't expect that at all.

Now to the best part.. Performance wise.. It's a beast. It's slightly slower than my heads and Cam C6 Z06 from what I can say. I can see this being a big jump from the previous non vvt Viper you owned. Brakes are on point even though I would've loved to see six piston calipers up front.

All things said... I'll be very surprised if you are not 110% pleased with the car once you get it!!

canadian viper
09-20-2015, 09:00 AM
welcome back. pm sent

BCViper
09-20-2015, 09:32 AM
Great feedback!
Thanks everyone.

Vipes
09-20-2015, 10:13 AM
I traded my 2005 Copperhead for a new Gen V GTS and looked back.

I'm curious on what you looked back on? I'm considering making a similar move.

Jdmuscle
09-20-2015, 10:18 AM
I'm curious on what you looked back on? I'm considering making a similar move.

I think he meant to insert a 'never' in that statement to read 'never looked back'

BCViper
09-20-2015, 11:02 AM
Does the new generation exhaust have a cross over pipe to connect the two sides?

sfviper
09-20-2015, 12:43 PM
Sorry, I meant "never" looked back...not one bit.

canadian viper
09-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Does the new generation exhaust have a cross over pipe to connect the two sides?

nope