PDA

View Full Version : Here comes the competition...

F2V
12-12-2013, 08:27 AM
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/12/12/corvette-c7r-debut-detroit-race-rolex-24/

Very cool logo too!!!

The_Greg
12-12-2013, 08:33 AM
One thing is for sure: That car looks serious and they are coming in swinging!

Fatboy 18
12-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Great to see, looking forward to seeing USA Horsepower in Le mans :)

Policy Limits
12-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Tail lights are still gonna be fugly. Looks aggressive though, even in camo

My C6 depreciated 50% in two years; dime a dozen too; Total Fail

MoparBoyy
12-12-2013, 06:51 PM
the C7-R.. what the stingray should have looked like. i'm assuming its mostly the same under the skin, just a new body on it.

the Vette/Viper battles have always been good, can't wait to see.

Getnlwr
12-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Is it just me... or is the checkered camo kinda HOT on the car? Not saying I'd paint my car that color... It just looks cool.

Patentlaw
12-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Is it just me... or is the checkered camo kinda HOT on the car? Not saying I'd paint my car that color... It just looks cool.

Looks very cool...Not much clearance on the bottom of that car. Wow.

1ststrike
12-12-2013, 08:30 PM
From one of the side views it kind of reminds me of a comp coupe. Look at how wide the front stance is. The fenders look like they are widened by about 4" each side in the front compared to the Stingray.

VoodooRob
12-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Holy hell SRT, where are the ACR teasers?

Policy Limits
12-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Image what the new ZR1 will entail performance wise...

Getnlwr
12-13-2013, 08:03 PM
You'll be able to see it first hand and watch it disappear into the distance... if SRT doesn't do something substantial.
Good examples; ECU/supercharger/ACR/putdownthecrackpipe.

VoodooRob
12-13-2013, 10:13 PM

Chevy is not asleep at the wheel like the 80s and 90s. They are looking at ruling the market, SRT has to be watching and taking notes if they want to play much longer.

Sybil TF
12-13-2013, 10:16 PM

You have got to be kidding.....

Schen
12-13-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm probably in the minority, I actually prefer the C7 over previous generations. There have been very, VERY few Corvette's that I've liked over the years. Like about three total.

But with that said, I really hope the Viper and the Vette butt heads this year. Both manufactures have incredible cars, amazing driver line-ups, and world class ass kicking teams. It would be amazing if the two could run away with the season, come down to the final race and leave everyone else in the dust.

I still don't understand how BMW is getting away with using a V8 in the Z4. That car should be illegal, how are they getting away with that? Cause the M3 didn't exist until now?

--RS

Thawk97
12-14-2013, 12:30 AM
That looks really impressive - the gill behind the front wheel is MASSIVE

Coloviper
12-14-2013, 07:22 AM
At least the back end looks better.

XSnake
12-14-2013, 08:37 AM
It will be interesting to see which manufacture gets their road car (ACR & ZR1) closest to resembling the race car.

commandomatt
12-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Tail lights are still gonna be fugly. Looks aggressive though, even in camo

My C6 depreciated 50% in two years; dime a dozen too; Total Fail

One of the things I really like about this new forum is that it appears more open minded and accepting of the other great cars that are available for us gear heads. To call the C6 a 'total fail' is just plain stupid. Its an incredible capable car and I think you have owned some Italian exotics, tell us how they hold their value over time !!

Any true car guy will appreciate a great machine, no matter what brand. Yes, we are Viper guys and obviously have to stand behind out car, but we also have to appreciate what else is being developed out there. Hope fully this also raises the bar for SRT and we can only hope that they keep pushing forward and don't get left behind

One great thread I found when I first started looking at VOA was the Viper / Vette owners thread. There is a bunch of guys that own and appreciate both machines and their different personalities.

We should be glad the competition is fierce....this will ultimately create a better Viper down the road

Matt

ViperSmith
12-14-2013, 01:38 PM

From what I read there isn't going to be a ZR1.

slitherv10
12-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Rumor has it that there is def going to be a ZR1. So far some sources have leaked out a twin turbo model with around 700HP. Anyway, its hear say for now but, you can bet your bottom dollar that Chevrolet will be building a ZR1 and,.... Soon.