PDA

View Full Version : 9-19/9-20 weekend cruise in wnc

Josrocket
09-18-2015, 07:43 AM
If your in the wnc area ie tail of the dragon area. Me and some of the other locals planned a driving event for this weekend 19-20. Lots of back roads and curves. Pm me for more details

C.J
09-18-2015, 08:15 AM
Perfect weekend for it. Watch out for that speed trap on 129 along the lake. ;-)

No hemi
09-18-2015, 10:17 AM
yeah, they like yellow vipers especially!!!! :drive::devilish:

Josrocket
09-18-2015, 10:22 AM
We stay away from 129. Too crowded and too many cops. We stick to back roads for the most part. More fun. I only do the dragon on weekdays or on a warm day in the cold months

TCurtner
09-28-2015, 05:27 PM
We stay away from 129. Too crowded and too many cops. We stick to back roads for the most part. More fun. I only do the dragon on weekdays or on a warm day in the cold months

Yup (i concur), so we did lots of other fun roads, without all of the harassment...well mostly. The slow bikers are always a nuisance, simply because they feel they own the road at 10 -15mph below the speed limit! i cut most of that footage out due to the embarrassment that i might cause them by showing all of their flipping us off (and juvenile horn tooting) when we finally get by.
https://youtu.be/FuIQP9n4OLo

and
https://youtu.be/Tx2aazlJd2w

DaveW
09-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Awesome footage!!! I love The Dragon and Cherohala! At least on the Parkway you can get get up to speed without all the cutbacks on The Tail. So jealous you had great weather. Got swamped with rain the year before last!

braunstein82
09-28-2015, 10:10 PM
Ooooo I saw you cross the double yellow. That's rule 1,3,5,8. Lol

TCurtner
09-29-2015, 05:10 AM
and a third
https://youtu.be/4hE2BPMWdOY

(when you've got clear line of site, the line is more important than rules 1,3,5,8)

DaveW
09-29-2015, 05:41 AM
[QUOTE=TCurtner;

(when you've got clear line of site, the line is more important than rules 1,3,5,8)[/QUOTE]

We all agree crossing into the other lane straightens out the road, but the reason the cops ignore your speed on the Tail and the Parkway is because of those rules -DO NOT Cross the Double Yellow Lines X infinity. Just saying...

Stay safe.

TCurtner
09-29-2015, 10:47 AM
Thanks! Duly Noted.

J TNT
09-29-2015, 11:49 AM
I've seen motorcycles traveling at over 100 mph ! You may not have enough time to react if you're in the on coming lane. Look at the Tree of Shame it's only 5% of the carnage down there. Fwiw.

DaveW
09-29-2015, 03:04 PM
BTW, I love the video shots through your windshield across your beautiful hood. What kind of camera are you using? We only had 150 Vipers at VOA's Tail of the Dragon weekend event this Spring, but anyone watching your videos has got to be itching to make it more next year.

I hope we didn't come across as our being critical of your driving, but Matt and I did not know if you were aware of that most important rule on those two roads.

TCurtner
09-29-2015, 09:29 PM
BTW, I love the video shots through your windshield across your beautiful hood. What kind of camera are you using? We only had 150 Vipers at VOA's Tail of the Dragon weekend event this Spring, but anyone watching your videos has got to be itching to make it more next year.

I hope we didn't come across as our being critical of your driving, but Matt and I did not know if you were aware of that most important rule on those two roads.

Hero2 outside on the windshield.
sirs/madams...ok, i grew up in East TN. Been driving backroads since i was 17. Been driving big HP stuff (and handling cars) for over 30 years. Never had an accident/incident/ticket doing that. Also have current comp licenses from the big two...in no way am i trying to say anything but...that yellow line means nothing if you rotate your car going into a turn too hot and end up crashing into the oncoming traffic, when (sometimes only) three inches into the line (over the yellow) 150 feet before the turn (when it's all clear) would have made everything perfect. No harm. No foul. None taken either. Ya'll enjoy the ride!!

:drive: