PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a machine shop for our gen 2 Viper

2Luke2
09-16-2015, 07:06 PM
Hello all, my wife and I currently have our engine out of our 98 twin turbo Viper for a rebuild with some upgraded parts (pistons/rods/billet caps/etc). We are searching around for a machine shop that knows what they are doing with the Viper blocks. Right now our block is cleaned and sitting on a pallet in our garage and we are almost ready to ship it off to Arrow Racing Engines, however we really would rather not have to ship it so far away with the chance of getting it damaged. If we can find a shop within a 12hr drive or so we would rather drive it ourselves and pick it up when it's done. What we are looking to get done is an inspection of the block, bore/hone on the cylinders, bore/line honed for billet caps, line hone cam holes. If anyone knows anyone in the area able to do this that would be great.

Thanks!
-Luke

99RT10
09-16-2015, 07:33 PM
From the looks at your number you're in the Springs? Eddie Martin in Phoenix is an option, but it is a basic engine. Not an exotic. But there is a shop in LV I think, Exotic engines. They do very good work.

2Luke2
09-16-2015, 09:03 PM
From the looks at your number you're in the Springs? Eddie Martin in Phoenix is an option, but it is a basic engine. Not an exotic. But there is a shop in LV I think, Exotic engines. They do very good work.

Yes we are in the Springs, The problem I have with any other machine shop locally is they probably don't have basic things like a torque plate to do the job right. Since we are going to be pushing 1200ish hp... we want to make sure it's as good as it can get. Thank you for the information though.

2Luke2
09-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Alright, we found a machine shop that can do the work, however we need to get a set of torque plates. If anyone has a set they can rent to us or would sell us that would be great!